Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S7 Setup [HD] - page 2. (Read 76295 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Has anyone ever tried to use another fans to reduce the noise? I thinking about use some Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 140mm, I know that its 166 m³/h instead of the 188 m³/h from the default ones, but I'm talking about 18 dBa at full speed!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Please somebody help me!!!

What name of this connectors and where can I buy it?

They don't have an easily identifiable name but they'll be readily availble on ebay under "9x2 pin pcb socket" or similar. Might have to play around with the keywords to find it.
Activity: 13
Please somebody help me!!!

What name of this connectors and where can I buy it?
http://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2016/12/2dfe8ef2498c0894044027bfc0becb6f.jpg
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
No worries? please be sure. Sad

Yes. On the reset cycle they make it go up and down in fan rate to clear dust.

Thank you very much for the info.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
No worries? please be sure. Sad

Yes. On the reset cycle they make it go up and down in fan rate to clear dust.
Help please.. I hope I'm posting in the correct thread.

I have a Antminer S7-F1 4.73th (Upgraded to 2fans), what does it mean if I heard one of the fan or both fan speed (I'm not sure) went up and down, up and down. and it showed a very low hashing speed. and cold temps? but it went back to normal when I rebooted it. Does it mean a problem is on its way? Will it cause fire and burn? Do I have to worry?

Your professional advice is appreciated. thank you.

Fan cycling is part of the restart process and can be triggered with a temporary loss of internet connection. There is no issue and nothing to worry about.

thank you for your reply.

the miner was hashing normally for days, then i got a warning from my miner monitor (awesome miner). that one of my miner is hashing too low. there i noticed the fan is sounding like a servo adjusting voltage on an automatic voltage regulator... sounding like when you accelerate and stop a remote control toy car... No worries? please be sure. Sad
legendary
dogiecoin.com

I have a Antminer S7-F1 4.73th (Upgraded to 2fans), what does it mean if I heard one of the fan or both fan speed (I'm not sure) went up and down, up and down. and it showed a very low hashing speed. and cold temps? but it went back to normal when I rebooted it. Does it mean a problem is on its way? Will it cause fire and burn? Do I have to worry?

Fan cycling is part of the restart process and can be triggered with a temporary loss of internet connection. There is no issue and nothing to worry about.

zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
new best share: 2'973'279'526.... so close, yet so far away ;p
zOU
★ these are stars ★
I guess my S7 needed some cleaning  Roll Eyes

zOU
★ these are stars ★
wow, my S7 achieved today a bestshare of 10'091'562'509...

Not enough for a block, but I'm quite proud of it Smiley

Current diff is +/- 210'000'000'000

Activity: 86
Thanks mate  Smiley
Dogie is the man!  Grin
Activity: 86
Hi guys!

I bought a secondhand S7 with bitmain PSU. Started it up and went to my computer to check the IP number and suddenly i started to spit out the fan blades and i turned it of immediately.
Log in on ebay and bought this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111969348021?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Rmoved the broken fan and noticed that fan blades had hit 2 heatsinks so they are loose now  Sad
Any tip what kind of glue or heatsink tape i shoild use?
Thanks
Activity: 11
PSU is Faulty, Now S7 LN is running contentiously( touch wood  Wink  ) with Seasonic  PSU .
Do Bitmain Provide warranty on PSU supplied with it ,  ?
From Bitmain APW3-12-1600-B2 product page...

That's not the power supply that comes with the S7-LN, it's a Enermax 1000w.  I'm sure it has a warranty, but may not be worth the shipping back to China.
Aargh, sorry, you're right. I read it wrong plus had a brainfart.

Try contacting Enermax and ask them: http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/contact_b

You are right not worth to send it back, I have raised ticket on bitmain, hope they help in some way , by the way I am from India,  Enermax may not have facility for RMA in India
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
PSU is Faulty, Now S7 LN is running contentiously( touch wood  Wink  ) with Seasonic  PSU .
Do Bitmain Provide warranty on PSU supplied with it ,  ?
From Bitmain APW3-12-1600-B2 product page...

That's not the power supply that comes with the S7-LN, it's a Enermax 1000w.  I'm sure it has a warranty, but may not be worth the shipping back to China.
Aargh, sorry, you're right. I read it wrong plus had a brainfart.

Try contacting Enermax and ask them: http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/contact_b
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
PSU is Faulty, Now S7 LN is running contentiously( touch wood  Wink  ) with Seasonic  PSU .
Do Bitmain Provide warranty on PSU supplied with it ,  ?
From Bitmain APW3-12-1600-B2 product page:

That's not the power supply that comes with the S7-LN, it's a Enermax 1000w.  I'm sure it has a warranty, but may not be worth the shipping back to China.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
PSU is Faulty, Now S7 LN is running contentiously( touch wood  Wink  ) with Seasonic  PSU .
From Bitmain APW3-12-1600-B2 product page:
Activity: 11
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Please reply , Still problem persist.
Have you tried it with an another PSU?

Yeah, very much sounds like a PSU issue. You can try any frequency, graph of how hash rate, power and temperatures vary with chip frequency is in my S9 guide.
Pages:
Jump to: