Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S7 Setup [HD] - page 5. (Read 76295 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I want to be clear on this.

I'm new to bitcoin mining and have the following setup:
I live in a small apartment and have an s5 that I'm using with a fan mod (2X Noctua NF-F12's in a push-pull config)and underclocking it @ a frequency of 343.75.
It's running at an ambient temp of 76, and it's been like that for several months. So far it's been working fine with no errors.

I'm looking to upgrade to an s7, but I have some concerns about the temp, the noise, and mainly the power.

From what I've read the s7 requires at least 205V to operate, and many people have added an addition 25A circuit to their breaker box in order to accommodate this.

Since I live in an apartment, adding a 25A circuit is not an option for me, but my dryer outlet is 220V @ 30A. Do you think it's possible for me to use a converter on the outlet to run my s7?

Any CONSTRUCTIVE advice would be appreciated.

Please don't post anything about me winning the lottery and buying a house right now, because that's not within my realm of possibilities ATM.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
AA23920L Astec 2880W Server Power Supply Module IBM
one of the best

So assuming you have a suitable breakout board, and 16AWG wiring on separate PCI-Es then any arrangement will do?
Activity: 16
AA23920L Astec 2880W Server Power Supply Module IBM
one of the best
legendary
dogiecoin.com
hi is there a right and or wrong way to plug in the pic e connecters to the machine from the psu?

The exact configuration will depend on what PSU are using. What is its model?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Yes, I try it, but there was no difference.The main mistery  is how this malfunctional blade is working  stable alone Roll Eyes

So when you moved the connection, did the problem move on the status page or not?
No,
but Einstein says That only the human stupidity  and the universe are endless. So with a lot of pressure may be... :-)
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
hi is there a right and or wrong way to plug in the pic e connecters to the machine from the psu?

please if you can personal message me the answer
Yes, I try it, but there was no difference.The main mistery  is how this malfunctional blade is working  stable alone Roll Eyes
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hi everybody and excuse me for bad English
I have a big problem with my ant S7 bach 8
Its working on 2.8-2.9Th and one of theblades is with zero temperature and the red led is not working.
The problem is that When I plug only that blade after several minutes it's working normaly at 1.5Th ,but with other two don't
I'm using IBM 2880w. server power supply with 12.25v. unloaded.
I thing that the problem is in the power supply so I change it with dell 1570w. the result was the same.
Than I plug the dell power supply only to this blade with ibm on the other - nothing changed.
Here is the printscreen and log file .txt  from my miner in Bulgarian forum.

http://bitcoinbg.eu/forum/download/file.php?id=1107

Does the problem move if you move which port on the controller board the 'bad' blade plugs into?
Hi everybody and excuse me for bad English
I have a big problem with my ant S7 bach 8
Its working on 2.8-2.9Th and one of theblades is with zero temperature and the red led is not working.
The problem is that When I plug only that blade after several minutes it's working normaly at 1.5Th ,but with other two don't
I'm using IBM 2880w. server power supply with 12.25v. unloaded.
I thing that the problem is in the power supply so I change it with dell 1570w. the result was the same.
Than I plug the dell power supply only to this blade with ibm on the other - nothing changed.
Here is the printscreen and log file .txt  from my miner in Bulgarian forum.

http://bitcoinbg.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3446

In the history there was:
...[136707.332463] Detect device for anyone power err
[136707.337217] send BC data:
[136707.337217] 0x0000: 0x03 0x01 0x00 0x1a 0x89 0x10 0x1f 0x00
[136707.344712] soft ctrl rst time
[136707.348082] reset hash asic
[136707.351102] clear FPGA nonce buffer.....

++++++++++++++++[137313.959584] rev timeout {0x42050080}
[137314.366653] ch0-as33: dev->task_buffer_wr{0x00003a98}rd{0x000040fe}ret work_id{0xc01f} don't match task_buffer_match{0x401f}++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Any advice will be welcome.
Many thanks
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Bitmain's APW3-12-1600-B2 as the power supply

Try moving the connector of the bad board to another port on the controller and see if the problem moves on the status page. If it does then contact Bitmain for a warranty replacement of that board, isn't really anything we can do.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Just noticed you have two threads going.  I asked in other one a few questions: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13674566 

I might suggest going to one spot to get answers and stick with it.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hello, Can you help me please ?

After only 10 day of work ,my S7 batch9 work with only 6 chips on board

What PSU are you using?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Hello ,
Can you help me please ?

After only 10 day of work ,my S7 batch9 work with only 6 chips on board

Thank you
Activity: 43
I have a question about ethernet cables. Can I use any ethernet cable or do I need a solid core CAT6 or something like that? It is going to be a long run from the router to the miner, about 100ft.

Cat5 or Cat6 are good for 100M. Mining data rates are low, either will be fine.

Rich

Thank you Rich. I'm not that technical.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I have a question about ethernet cables. Can I use any ethernet cable or do I need a solid core CAT6 or something like that? It is going to be a long run from the router to the miner, about 100ft.

Cat5 or Cat6 are good for 100M. Mining data rates are low, either will be fine.

Rich

Activity: 43
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Yes all 10 power connectors are plugged in. The control board is connected to all 3 hash boards with the ribbon cables. I unplugged everything and I tested both power supplies. I was getting 12.79V on each connector. Anything else I can do?

Give us a screenshot of the configuration page, the one before the status page. Red LED just means its in an idle / fault mode.

Now that you ask this, i now remember an user that would have the miner not start because he had not configured the pools correctly and left the password field blank.

Yeah, status page won't load during a cgminer-y error most of the time.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Yes all 10 power connectors are plugged in. The control board is connected to all 3 hash boards with the ribbon cables. I unplugged everything and I tested both power supplies. I was getting 12.79V on each connector. Anything else I can do?

Give us a screenshot of the configuration page, the one before the status page. Red LED just means its in an idle / fault mode.

Now that you ask this, i now remember an user that would have the miner not start because he had not configured the pools correctly and left the password field blank.
Pages:
Jump to: