Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive BTCGarden AM V1 Setup [HD] - page 4. (Read 22313 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I think that you want to speak about DHCP

??
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation
I think that you want to speak about DHCP
legendary
dogiecoin.com
? why change the ip of the btc garden ? 192.168.1.123 is a good one

In case its out of range for his router. I've seen several which set the IP table to .201-.254 when their default is .200.
? why change the ip of the btc garden ?
192.168.1.123 is a good one

you are right for the gateway it's not 192.168.1.1 but 192.168.1.200
But he must change the DNS with the real DNS of his ISP i'm not sure that using the gateway as dns run, it doesn't for me.

let us know Markcus  Huh
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hi Everyone, I could really use some help.. I got my Bit Garden V2 about 6 days ago and I can't get it working. The RPI is hooked up right because I can get into the menus, The problem I think I'm having is my network setting. Can I get a pro to take a look at this picture and tell me what my settings should look like... PLEASE... Thank you very much

Set gateway to 192.168.1.200, and if that doesnt work then set the ip as well to 192.168.1.230. [you'll have to go to .1.230 to connect to the AMV1 again]
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi Everyone, I could really use some help.. I got my Bit Garden V2 about 6 days ago and I can't get it working. The RPI is hooked up right because I can get into the menus, The problem I think I'm having is my network setting. Can I get a pro to take a look at this picture and tell me what my settings should look like... PLEASE... Thank you very much

http://i.imgur.com/G1DgNrG.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
the Ethernet port doesn't connect - doesn't show up as an IP address to go to.  the boot (firmware) doesn't complete the USB setup processes.

You must use BTCGarden's supplied image. Assuming you are, all you should need to do is hook the rpi up to your network and navigate to http://192.168.1.123 in your web browser. The only reason you wouldn't be able to connect to the RPi is if you are using a different subnet or there is something wrong with your pi. This needs to be addressed before you even turn on your V1.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
the Ethernet port doesn't connect - doesn't show up as an IP address to go to.  the boot (firmware) doesn't complete the USB setup processes.

What do you mean the USB setup process? If you're unable to connect via the network, how are you connecting? Seeing as you've made your own image, its highly likely you've done it wrong.
Activity: 2
legendary
dogiecoin.com
unable to boot rpi,  it asks for me to enter "runlevel"?  I've tried both rpi B and B+ with both builds accordingly.  the B+ build doesn't boot with a keyboard or ethernet access.  the B board stops and asks for a runlevel...  However does have ethernet connection and keyboard works.  After I enter (tried 1,2,3,4, etc...) I get the same "no more processes left in this runlevel"

running 4 btc boards:  1v X2  1200watts,  all my cables look correct.

thanks for any advice/help.

Not a clue what is going on with your Pi, unless you mean you're trying to plug into it directly? You need to go into it via its network IP.
Activity: 2
unable to boot rpi,  it asks for me to enter "runlevel"?  I've tried both rpi B and B+ with both builds accordingly.  the B+ build doesn't boot with a keyboard or ethernet access.  the B board stops and asks for a runlevel...  However does have ethernet connection and keyboard works.  After I enter (tried 1,2,3,4, etc...) I get the same "no more processes left in this runlevel"

running 4 btc boards:  1v X2  1200watts,  all my cables look correct.

thanks for any advice/help.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I do have good news that you can still stack the two board type miners.
No issues other than the V1 is wider than the V1-X2 which uses a shorter board.

OKay okay. I have also one AM-V1 with green board and another with black board.
A new version is an evolution a change in the spécifications I mean.

I said that to avoid confusion when BTCgarden speaks  about the next miner, he is not speaking about the case with 4 boards he is talking about the next board.

Wink
OKay okay. I have also one AM-V1 with green board and another with black board.
A new version is an evolution a change in the spécifications I mean.

I said that to avoid confusion when BTCgarden speaks  about the next miner, he is not speaking about the case with 4 boards he is talking about the next board.

Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hi
RPI ==> 8 blades

1 first version  2 fans  = 2 blades
2 Version 2   4 fans = 4 blades
3 mixed  2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans  or 2f +4f + 2f  or 4f + 4

1 blade to 8 blades with 1 RPI

all configurations are always AM-V1, the board is te same

well the 2nd version, If i note correctly, the board is slightly smaller, so there was some question of if the GPIO would work interchangably. But thanks for clearing this up.
Hi
RPI ==> 8 blades

1 first version  2 fans  = 2 blades
2 Version 2   4 fans = 4 blades
3 mixed  2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans + 2 fans  or 2f +4f + 2f  or 4f + 4

1 blade to 8 blades with 1 RPI

all configurations are always AM-V1, the board is te same

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Yes they can I have both.  I stacked them and all 6 boards run on one Pi.
I wish they would make some more updates to the software though.  I think they can get more out of the chips if they optimize it more.

AM V1 can be purchased without a pi, but a pi is currently the only accepted controller. Each unit should come with the necessary ribbon cable to attach the pi to the V1. You can control up to 4 V1s on one pi with the latest firmware.

Can you have one of the V1 and one of the V1X2 on 1 pi? I'm assuming it does not care as it just counts the boards, but I figure it's better to ask 1st.
-Dave

I don't know for sure but don't see why not - the boards are dumb to what physical configuration they're in.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
AM V1 can be purchased without a pi, but a pi is currently the only accepted controller. Each unit should come with the necessary ribbon cable to attach the pi to the V1. You can control up to 4 V1s on one pi with the latest firmware.

Can you have one of the V1 and one of the V1X2 on 1 pi? I'm assuming it does not care as it just counts the boards, but I figure it's better to ask 1st.
-Dave

I don't know for sure but don't see why not - the boards are dumb to what physical configuration they're in.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange

-Dave
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Dude your guides are fantastic. Have really been a help.
 Got an address so I can tip you? ---  maybe in Doge coins?  ; )
My btcgarden Am-v2 is due to be delivered Tues and I already know how to wire the puppy up (v2 is really just a pair of v1's bolted together) BTW I went with the EVGA 1300 W platinum for power (my Corsair 850TX gold supply cooked itself when I hooked it up to my RK-box, no idea why, just poof).

BTC: 15UhE4x7d1hD2o2YKCcdddzuhymsTKdeuz
DOGE: DHEYyx94dmZ3crZ3FDqJ7BB5N4zwEAxDzm
Pages:
Jump to: