Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016] - page 2. (Read 131287 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Bitmain (>10%), KnC (5%) and BitFury (>10%) operate large mining farms.

Bitmain shouldn't have 8/10 in ehtics. They abuse cgminer's software license,  caused a hardfork by not checking blocks they mine on top on and lied about Antpool beeing a p2pool pool (not related to their hardware but same company).

Why are you talking about Bitmain DC >10% ?
AntPool is a Pool for Bitmain's customer. Do we know smth about Bitmain selfish DC?

They don't really advertise.  Only picture I have seen is Yoshi holding a sign when they thought about selling a whole center.

So I don't think we know unless someone has some inside info.

A good portion of Bitmain's hardware is on AntPool. The Yoshi sign was an S2 farm being sold on behalf of a customer, it wasn't Bitmain's.

So Bitmain doesn't have huge self mining, right?

It does have huge self mining.

"Huge" is a relative concept Smiley
Somebody will say BW is a huge player, somebody Ghash, somebody Kano

Which is why the FF rating isn't used any more. If you have a farm of any meaningful size, you get an F rating.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Bitmain shouldn't have 8/10 in ehtics. They abuse cgminer's software license,  caused a hardfork by not checking blocks they mine on top on and lied about Antpool beeing a p2pool pool (not related to their hardware but same company).

AntPool is a Pool for Bitmain's customer. Do we know smth about Bitmain selfish DC?

They don't really advertise.  Only picture I have seen is Yoshi holding a sign when they thought about selling a whole center.

A good portion of Bitmain's hardware is on AntPool. The Yoshi sign was an S2 farm being sold on behalf of a customer, it wasn't Bitmain's.

"Huge" is a relative concept Smiley
Somebody will say BW is a huge player, somebody Ghash, somebody Kano
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
dogiecoin.com
You might as well add sidehack to this, considering how he's opened up sales for his usb miner!
Or not. It's your list, after all.

I'll consider it. If I do update this then a number of companies will come off or go to some other list as they've been dormant too long / closed. After Yiazo (which is one of those), the next smallest company does a few $M turnover.
Activity: 562
Merit: 506
We're going to need a bigger heatsink.
You might as well add sidehack to this, considering how he's opened up sales for his usb miner!
Or not. It's your list, after all.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

There are no outstanding open source issues with regards to Bitmain, and they didn't lie about Antpool being p2pool. I've discussed this many times in other threads (before Kano shuts down any attempt at discussion), it was a translation blunder. All of the above is also not applicable to the guide.
Activity: 968
Merit: 515

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Are you being paid by Canaan Creative & Bitmain as an individual or as your so called "business"?

Guess you might ask Revenue people about that in the UK I am sure they would be interested how he made all his money he claimed to on his deleted LinkedIn page. Referenced here if others missed that. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1018906

Edit: Maybe Martin Sirakov's scam is fully realized and you can change your rating to the lowest you can give. I warned you this would happen but you wouldn't listen.

ive been waiting since 2015-02-17 for a HEX4RBox

sent 3 emails now to them and not a single reply and 3 dates have passed on there site for shipping and yet no box or even a reply to my emails

good ive pay for them via paypal
going to give them 2 more weeks and still if no box or at the very least a email will report them for fraud as there selling goods i don't even believe they have  

if your reading this TECHNOBIT my order is FUCVIKLCA
i suggest you get back to me asap
I'm waiting from 2014-12-21, and I don't get my money......
Looks like Martin Sirakov aka Technomachinex/Technobit from Sofia ran off with the money, that is $565,000 in bitcoin alone, plus a yet unknown amount in cash/bank/credit card payments. Has anyone contacted their banking or credit card company yet and reported fraud? I can't believe the inertnes of some on this matter while Martin Sirakov is laughing all the way to the bank. Time to address Bulgaria's justice authorities on this matter, this guy belongs in prison.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
[All the questions seem to be directed to Guy, if I've missed any then please requote.]

If you have answers to any of the questions, and can answer them honestly, I am sure I am not the only one that would be interested in your input.... but it sounds like you are not allowed to speak on certain subjects and I'd rather not be given half answers or PR statements that I need to decipher

Nothing is NDA'ed but it gets a bit messy. tldr its not Guy's story(ies) to tell. Unless his sources want to go public, there isn't anything anyone can do with the information. ... If that makes sense?

I guess I understand where your coming from but I'm not sure I agree with it... I feel like once the information made it to you, you should reveal it. It sounds like the stories come from Guy, through his sources, but now its been given to you (or you had the knowledge prior) and I would expect you to let the community know about it. Regardless, I really don't know all of the information so its pointless speculating what I might do in your shoes, I guess we'll have to leave it at that.  Undecided   Only time will tell!

I'll explain as best I can.

Guy posts on the forum: "I know a secret, and I think you know it too."
Guy doesn't want to reveal the secret in public, so tells me privately.
I didn't 'know' the secret, nor is it public knowledge.
Guy can't yet reveal to anyone what the secret is because the sources aren't public.
Outing his sources would likely damage those sources.
While I could reveal the secret, it would damage both Guy and his sources.
The actual secret is relatively unimportant for everyone and unless someone sues someone else, isn't even an ethical violation.
There isn't any reason for me to force the issue of revealing it.

The end result of what Guy said is that it makes it out as if there is some big conspiracy when its a very minor thing we don't actually care about. But now no one can confirm, deny or explain. It wasn't a good idea.

It seems like a slight contradiction to say revealing this information could damage multiple people, at least one of which is a prominent figure in the bitcoin mining community, but that its somehow relatively unimportant information for everyone??  

I don't get a good feeling about any of this but I'll try one more question, if you are willing to answer (and be honest  Smiley )...
Would the actual secret cause you to change the ethical rating, or any rating, of any manufacturer on your trustworthiness guide?

Sorry, I missed this question.

No, no rating would have changed.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
[All the questions seem to be directed to Guy, if I've missed any then please requote.]

If you have answers to any of the questions, and can answer them honestly, I am sure I am not the only one that would be interested in your input.... but it sounds like you are not allowed to speak on certain subjects and I'd rather not be given half answers or PR statements that I need to decipher

Nothing is NDA'ed but it gets a bit messy. tldr its not Guy's story(ies) to tell. Unless his sources want to go public, there isn't anything anyone can do with the information. ... If that makes sense?

I guess I understand where your coming from but I'm not sure I agree with it... I feel like once the information made it to you, you should reveal it. It sounds like the stories come from Guy, through his sources, but now its been given to you (or you had the knowledge prior) and I would expect you to let the community know about it. Regardless, I really don't know all of the information so its pointless speculating what I might do in your shoes, I guess we'll have to leave it at that.  Undecided   Only time will tell!

Guy can't yet reveal to anyone what the secret is because the sources aren't public.
The actual secret is relatively unimportant for everyone and unless someone sues someone else, isn't even an ethical violation.

The end result of what Guy said is that it makes it out as if there is some big conspiracy when its a very minor thing we don't actually care about. But now no one can confirm, deny or explain. It wasn't a good idea.

It seems like a slight contradiction to say revealing this information could damage multiple people, at least one of which is a prominent figure in the bitcoin mining community, but that its somehow relatively unimportant information for everyone??  

I don't get a good feeling about any of this but I'll try one more question, if you are willing to answer (and be honest  Smiley )...
Would the actual secret cause you to change the ethical rating, or any rating, of any manufacturer on your trustworthiness guide?

legendary
dogiecoin.com

So basically, everyone involved is still in the 5th grade playing a game of He-Said, She-Said, NYA NYA I HAVE A SECRET and that secret carrys aboupt as much importance as the secretes of a 5th grader? Does that about sum it up?

Pretty much. Maybe there will be more important secrets in the future, but not this time.
Activity: 87

So basically, everyone involved is still in the 5th grade playing a game of He-Said, She-Said, NYA NYA I HAVE A SECRET and that secret carrys aboupt as much importance as the secretes of a 5th grader? Does that about sum it up?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
Are you being paid by Canaan Creative & Bitmain as an individual or as your so called "business"?

Well?

I realise you're busy spamming your scam thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1018906

& avoiding questions in your trust abuse/bullying/spam thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--905210

but if you could leave your favourite "report to moderator" button alone for just 10 seconds to answer?

That'll be nice.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
It seems that 55PH/s antpool doesn't qualify for the FF = operates own large mining farm.

FF was retired about 6 months ago, its too speculative / arbitrary to what is a big farm and what isn't. Even Bitmain's farms look small compared to Bitfury's, ASICMiner has more than Spondoolies etc etc but they're all big farms.

The tons of dust on some batches of miners doesn't qualify for P = evidence of premining on preordered equipment

P stopped being used god knows how long ago, far before even this series of change logs.

Also the unethical behaviour of which you can't speak due to your NDA can't qualify for a O = other generic unethical behaviour.

Now you're just saying things for the sake of it. As I explained in detail in the last post, this has NOTHING to do with any NDA with me. Talk to Guy, its his information to reveal. And as I said last time, even if there wasn't this mess surrounding it it still wasn't particularly useful information for this guide.

5) My NDA with Bitmain allows for disclosures of confidential information, non maliciously. That means I am free to do 99.9% of what the community requires. The NDA is primarily there to stop the selling of trade secrets / information not known to the market.
Well revealing some unethical behaviour would be considered maliciously so you simply can't do it because of your boss restrains. Knew that already.
No, no it wouldn't. But yes of course you "knew that already", you're here to argue rather than do anything constructive.

I think you need to reread what you wrote. You're saying that I purposely delayed a reduction in "a direct competitor of Bitmain". Huh
That's exactly what I am saying. Because in December Bitmain needed more help with the ratings/sales than in September. It's not rocket science.
Not sure if you're purposely not reading what you said or trolling....
Pages:
Jump to: