Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016] - page 7. (Read 131287 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
To all reading this thread:

Due to a non related dispute we have with the thread owner, he is badmouthing us and spread rumors and lies.

For example, we started to sell the SP10 on March 18 and completed selling our 1st gen equipment by mid June.

I ask you to take everything you read here about us with a huge grain of salt.
The owner is biased and try to promote his own agenda.

1) Welcome again
2) So you're saying no SP30s or SP31s were preordered?
3) What is my own agenda? Being called a liar and a thief by a CEO while maintaining a free community resource sure sounds like fun (^_^)?
4) Do you not think if I was so corrupt and anti-Spondoolies that you claim that maybe your company wouldn't be so high? Why would I have put 15 companies below yours if I was specifically targeting your company amongst all the others?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Due to a non related dispute we have with the thread owner, he is badmouthing us and spread rumors and lies.

For example, we started to sell the SP10 on March 18 and completed selling our 1st gen equipment by mid June.

Guy

You should get someone at PR to handle this. You're not good at it.

And PS: Beware of the dogie!

I personally like a company willing to protect it's name. I was lucky enough to meet some of the Spondoolies guys at a BTC conference in Chicago.  They were all great that I talked to.  

Also talked to bitmain guys and they treated me good aswell.   Yoshi specifically spent a good  amount of time showing me the new miner at the time the S3's.

I consider myself a impartial observer.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

Guy

You should get someone at PR to handle this. You're not good at it.

And PS: Beware of the dogie!
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

Guy
legendary
dogiecoin.com
What exactly prompted you to upgrade Bitmain's pre-order status anyways?  The L1 pre-order is still part of this current generation, and they haven't released a new generation.

And I agree with SP-tech.  They claim to sell next gen out of hand.  If they even allude to changing this strategy and offering pre-orders, you can go ahead and down-grade on the spot.  Why is Bitmain getting preferential treatment in this pre-order category?

So these are very different scenarios. I'll quote the criteria again so you know what I'm talking about.

Preorders are extremely bad for the industry and put all the financial risk on the buyer. This criterion does not act as a snapshot, but a longer term (both past and future) "does
this company engage in preorders". A company who's business model relies on preorders to fund development and new generations is still considered to utilise preorders even if
they intermediately sell some products from stock. Transitional scores may be used when companies have promised the exclusion of preorders but have yet to prove their business
model can operate without them.

What is essentially proposed here is that there are two conditions that must be true to be considered non preorder. The first is don't participate in preorders in the past or future within reasonable timescales. The exact time period is entirely subjective as its not stated specifically, but its not really a problem. The second condition is that the business model must be able to support preorders otherwise you get fishtailing. Imagine a company which between every preordered generation they had some left over stock they sold from stock. Are they a "no" preorder company even when everything is funded on preorders? That company only exists and can continue to exist by using preorders.

So now we've set out 2 conditions, as well as transition arrangements when one is moving from preorders to no preorders. Lets look at how it applies to the two companies.

Bitmain
Is there any evidence that Bitmain wants to be a preorder company? No. L1 was a bad decision and they knew that almost immediately. As soon as L1 was preordered, Bitmain lost its "no" preorders status.
When did they last take preorders? Novemberish, 3+ months ago.
Have customers been negatively impacted by preorders? No. When the scypt market failed, they pulled the plug to the benefit of the customer rather than locking people into negative prices. At the same time, they over refunded customers over how much they paid (105-110% IIRC). On top of that, because they were $ linked orders the customer made significantly more by being cancelled.
Were L1 preorders any significant amount of money? No. Compared to S3 S4 S5 C1 etc it was a meaningless amount.

So from that above, Bitmain satisfies the first condition. They held the penalty from preordering L1s for 4-5 months.

Does Bitmain have to prove that its business model can support a non-preorder model? No because we already know it can. That company is incredibly funded and can essentially do what its want. This is evidenced by HUGE non preorder 28nm runs and liquidity. There is no question that Bitmain can bring out products without needing preorders or investment.

Therefore Bitmain has satisfied both conditions and can be considered a non preorder company again.

Spondoolies
Is there any evidence that Spondoolies wants to be a preorder company? They say no, but I was troubled as to what happened in the first generation and its something I discussed with them at the time. Even when they were selling 'in hand' hardware via batches [fine], some batches were being sold 3-4 months in advance alongside future generation preorders. That's dangerous territory and that need for cash is worrisome.
When did they last take preorders? Probably Oct, but they were still delivering preordered units until December.
Have customers been negatively impacted by preorders? Yes. SP10's were preordered a sufficiently long period that there was unacceptable risk put on the consumer. SP30's were preordered far into the future and came in significantly under spec and late. SP31s came in under spec.

So from the above, Spondoolies is at best a boarderline satisfaction of the first condition. This is carried forward though and its considered to be a pass.

Spondoolies fails on the second condition. With all the want in the world, they just can't afford to run another generation without significant preorders, OR, significant investment. There is no evidence that their current business model can do preorders. You'll likely see in the coming months how this plays out. Essentially what this means is that Spondoolies needs to raise money, and its more than possible. That is why they're not simply swatted down and remain in a preorder score, they're given a transitional score which gives them the benefit of the doubt and the ability to prove they can raise the money.

Therefore Spondoolies has NOT satisfied both conditions and can not be considered a non preorder at this time.

And just for the record, I have no problem with discussing issues when its posed in this fashion. No one is name calling and an adult discussion is proposed. Now if there is an issue we can talk it out and work out what to do next for the better of the community.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Why not use an affiliate link if you think you deserve to be paid for a free Guide?

I did.

Then why are you complaining? Because you haven't earned enough?

Because they refuse to pay it out.

Cash it out.

I should. Considering the low BTC price.

In all seriousness, please do.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Why not use an affiliate link if you think you deserve to be paid for a free Guide?

I did.

Then why are you complaining? Because you haven't earned enough?

Cash it out.

I should. Considering the low BTC price.

And I agree with SP-tech.  They claim to sell next gen out of hand.  If they even allude to changing this strategy and offering pre-orders, you can go ahead and down-grade on the spot.  Why is Bitmain getting preferential treatment in this pre-order category?

If I say it, then I am an affiliate whore. If he does it it's fine. You draw your own conclusion.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
What exactly prompted you to upgrade Bitmain's pre-order status anyways?  The L1 pre-order is still part of this current generation, and they haven't released a new generation.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I don't deserve any money for a review, I do deserve to be paid affiliate earnings just like you though.

I did.

So you're honestly saying you haven't received a penny in affiliate earnings or other commissions for your signature or the group buy?

You lack reading comprehension. Read my post again. I said I haven't received any money in the name of SP-Tech.

Of course I received money (actually I haven't got any cash in hand up to date) for my affiliate link. That's why it is called an affiliate link. The money are still in the affiliate account.

Cash it out.
legendary
I don't deserve any money for a review, I do deserve to be paid affiliate earnings just like you though.

So you're honestly saying you haven't received a penny in affiliate earnings or other commissions for your signature or the group buy?

You lack reading comprehension. Read my post again. I said I haven't received any money in the name of SP-Tech.

Of course I received money (actually I haven't got any cash in hand up to date) for my affiliate link. That's why it is called an affiliate link. The money are still in the affiliate account. But please don't think that everyone is like you. Check SP-Tech main thread. I was among the first ones to question them just like I did with most of the companies. I also was among the first ones to support them after I figured out that they are the best company out there. It has nothing to do with the affiliate link or with the commission for the GB. I did it with KnC in the past while I haven't received anything. I support SP-Tech because they are the best with or without any commission from them.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
You should post in this thread OP too, because some people don't bother to read everything. This should be fair for everyone. By omitting this, you actually lie to everyone that is reading this thread.

Done: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5035208

So after you brag that you offer this service for free you also think that you deserve "tons" of money from the companies that you are reviewing. Ok.

Also please note that I haven't received any money in the name of SP-Tech. I couldn't say that about you and your boss BITMAIN.

legendary
They are well aware that I get paid to do technical support as I publish it very openly.

You should post in this thread OP too, because some people don't bother to read everything. This should be fair for everyone. By omitting this, you actually lie to everyone that is reading this thread.

Paid owed 'tons' of $$$ by Spondoolies you mean?

So after you brag that you offer this service for free you also think that you deserve "tons" of money from the companies that you are reviewing. Ok.

Dude you practically work for Spondoolies, you've been viciously attacking anyone who doesn't worship them from day one while receiving $100,000s in sales for them.

Please back up your words. Otherwise it's just more lies, your specialty.

Also please note that I haven't received any money in the name of SP-Tech. I couldn't say that about you and your boss BITMAIN.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
You need to look at your actions first before declaring that I'm toxic - you're a grown ass man acting like a bully and a toddler at the same time.

I'm surprised you've taken your giant ass affiliate link signature off, did sales go down?

http://xkcd.com/37/

That would certainly increase advertising space Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
You need to look at your actions first before declaring that I'm toxic - you're a grown ass man acting like a bully and a toddler at the same time.

I'm surprised you've taken your giant ass affiliate link signature off, did sales go down?

http://xkcd.com/37/
legendary
dogiecoin.com
It's the other way around. Without dogie there wouldn't be me.

What does that even mean ^_^

Anyone reading this please know that dogies is getting paid by BITMAIN. Yes I like to flame.

They are well aware that I get paid to do technical support as I publish it very openly.

That's why you have so many fans. Please excuse me while I go vomit. It's the only reaction that I get from your words.

You seem to be vomiting a lot recently, maybe you should go see your doctor.

For newbies reading this: Please note that dogies is getting paid tons of $$$ for pimping them up. DO NOT believe the lies that dogies vomits here.

Paid owed 'tons' of $$$ by Spondoolies you mean?

DO NOT be fooled by him trying to pinpoint it towards me for having a SP-Tech affiliate link.

Dude you practically work for Spondoolies, you've been viciously attacking anyone who doesn't worship them from day one while receiving $100,000s in sales for them.

This is not about me supporting SP-Tech. It's about the lies and the vomit that is around dogie as a person. Feel free to NOT believe me. Just check his history.

Do you know me?
legendary
I've read a couple of them, and other conspiracy theorists who can't wrap their mind around the fact that you're an enthusiast doing what enthusiasts do. The "Bitcoin Community" is not a neighbourhood I would want to live in, that's for sure. Without you there would be no Dogie. It's not a position given to you. It's a position you created. You can do what you want with it. Haters can go... .. flame somewhere else.

It's the other way around. Without dogie there wouldn't be me.

Indeed. Apparently I'm such a bad person for doing so much work for the community, for free, yet those calling me out are the ones who ONLY seek to profit from the community without giving a thing back.

Anyone reading this please know that dogies is getting paid by BITMAIN. Yes I like to flame.

It doesn't when I'm providing $1000s of manhours in return for $400 hardware. Big or small, each miner gets the same treatment.

And specifically I'm talking about this thread. There's no incentive for me to run it, especially with the sheer amount of abuse I get for it regardless of scores. Too high, too low, scammer, fraud, lier blah blah blah - its not fun. I don't get paid to be a punching bag.

That's why you have so many fans. Please excuse me while I go vomit. It's the only reaction that I get from your words.

For newbies reading this: Please note that dogies is getting paid tons of $$$ for pimping them up. DO NOT believe the lies that dogies vomits here. DO NOT be fooled by him trying to pinpoint it towards me for having a SP-Tech affiliate link. This is not about me supporting SP-Tech. It's about the lies and the vomit that is around dogie as a person. Feel free to NOT believe me. Just check his history.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
In real life there are people I just have to glance at to know that this person is not worth arguing with. On a forum you assume that people are otherwise reasonable. Defend yourself, by all means. But when you've hit the post button think of that weird guy next to the slot machine in Vegas. Don't let it linger.

You can read back the history of RoadStress in this thread - it doesn't matter what Spondoolies' position is, as long as they're not first then everything is a huge scam and conspiracy against that company. Spondoolies have been using him as their attack dog so they don't have to.

I've read a couple of them, and other conspiracy theorists who can't wrap their mind around the fact that you're an enthusiast doing what enthusiasts do. The "Bitcoin Community" is not a neighbourhood I would want to live in, that's for sure. Without you there would be no Dogie. It's not a position given to you. It's a position you created. You can do what you want with it. Haters can go... .. flame somewhere else.

Indeed. Apparently I'm such a bad person for doing so much work for the community, for free, yet those calling me out are the ones who ONLY seek to profit from the community without giving a thing back.

"for free" is a stretch  you had been compensated before and getting free gear doesn't fall under the "for free"

It doesn't when I'm providing $1000s of manhours in return for $400 hardware. Big or small, each miner gets the same treatment.

And specifically I'm talking about this thread. There's no incentive for me to run it, especially with the sheer amount of abuse I get for it regardless of scores. Too high, too low, scammer, fraud, lier blah blah blah - its not fun. I don't get paid to be a punching bag.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
In real life there are people I just have to glance at to know that this person is not worth arguing with. On a forum you assume that people are otherwise reasonable. Defend yourself, by all means. But when you've hit the post button think of that weird guy next to the slot machine in Vegas. Don't let it linger.

You can read back the history of RoadStress in this thread - it doesn't matter what Spondoolies' position is, as long as they're not first then everything is a huge scam and conspiracy against that company. Spondoolies have been using him as their attack dog so they don't have to.

"for free" is a stretch  you had been compensated before and getting free gear doesn't fall under the "for free"
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

Pages:
Jump to: