Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning - page 90. (Read 308626 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Wolfey, thank you for the tip. My single grid is now hashing between 400-425.

You are very welcome but, please tell me which post or posts you are quoting and, so others can see what you're talking about too.

What exactly did you change? What are your current comm port settings?
I didn't know that a single GS5 could mine that fast.
What clock speed are you running it at?

Peace
Wolfey2014

I think I spoke too soon. Right after my post an hour ago, my hashrate ranged between 225-375 with an occasional 400.

My Settings:
WinXp32, Com5,
Receivebuffer8, Sendbuffer14,
baudrate 38400,
850Mhz.

I will continue to monitor.
Activity: 512
Merit: 250
I thought about building a 20 Gridseed-miner tower

like this ...  with 200mm fans in between

would look like electronical art ...

My idea of laying these miners end-to-end would work nicely in a 4U case, but here's what I came up with for open-air cooling with 2x 200mm fans:

Of course, the depth of the "case" could be increased to make more room for all of the other **** that is required with these miners.

Activity: 378

You are very welcome but, please tell me which post or posts you are quoting and, so others can see what you're talking about too.

What exactly did you change? What are your current comm port settings?
I didn't know that a single GS5 could mine that fast.
What clock speed are you running it at?

Peace
Wolfey2014
Having the same issue of not reporting shares no matter what i change. It shows it connected and it gets the block updates but doesnt send anything back.

I have updated the ST drivers and am using the latest cpuminer software so not sure what the issues is.  Sad

What power supply are you using?  12 volts at 1mA is not the same as 12 volts at 1A.  In scrypt only I've been able to run these with 12V 1.5A power supply, but prior to the updated cpuminer the same power supply would not work cause the BTC cores were switched on as well.  Note that the miner will connect to windows and show up in device manager without the power supply connected at all.  All will look good until you fire up cpuminer and you will not find any shares.  The same happens with underpowered power supplies.  The fans on these suckers use a lot of power as well and if mining scrypt with proper cpuminer I don't think they are necessary but I am too chicken to test.

Ok got it working. It wasnt that I had the wrong power supply it was the adapter i used had the + and - backwards. Once I changed that to be correct I am mining away at around 330-355 on Windows 8.

If you have multiple grids, I say cut 1 wire that supplies the fan. Leave 1 or 2 or 3 intact gridseed and use them to cool off the gridseeds that have the fans disabled
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Having the same issue of not reporting shares no matter what i change. It shows it connected and it gets the block updates but doesnt send anything back.

I have updated the ST drivers and am using the latest cpuminer software so not sure what the issues is.  Sad

What power supply are you using?  12 volts at 1mA is not the same as 12 volts at 1A.  In scrypt only I've been able to run these with 12V 1.5A power supply, but prior to the updated cpuminer the same power supply would not work cause the BTC cores were switched on as well.  Note that the miner will connect to windows and show up in device manager without the power supply connected at all.  All will look good until you fire up cpuminer and you will not find any shares.  The same happens with underpowered power supplies.  The fans on these suckers use a lot of power as well and if mining scrypt with proper cpuminer I don't think they are necessary but I am too chicken to test.

Ok got it working. It wasnt that I had the wrong power supply it was the adapter i used had the + and - backwards. Once I changed that to be correct I am mining away at around 330-355 on Windows 8.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Also, for some odd reason, my G5 device (Gridseed 5) keep blinking green and red but my pool says that I'm mining at 300Kh/s.

Thanks!

What are you expecting?  Each unit should only give you around 300kh/s...

Are there step by step instructions for installing and running on the pi (can minepeon be used)?
Activity: 423
Has anyone been able to compile cpuminer for the Raspberry pi yet? Also, gridseed has a modified cgminer up on their github. Has anyone tried it?

Really need to get a pi version! I tried to compile but I keep getting "Error: C compile cannot create executables" :/

Thanks!

That's your pi not the cpuminer.

It looks like the linux instructions work on the Pi from what I've seen.  Someone on my thread seems to have been successful.  I'll try it sometime this weekend and see.

Yea my Pi was being a bitch. I installed Rasp and ran this

sudo -s
apt-get update
apt-get install build-essential libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev autoconf automake screen

then I followed the above instruction and got to compile!

Now I ran into another problem... It seems that my Pi can communicate with the gridseed (5 chip device), but I never get a reply from the Gridseed. All I get back is:

0: Dispatching new work to GC3355 LTC core
0:  >>> LTC : 55aa1f2816000000
0:  >>> LTC : 55aa1f2817000000
0:  >>> LTC : 55aa1f0000000000000000000000000 (A bunch of numbers)

Any help?
Also, for some odd reason, my G5 device (Gridseed 5) keep blinking green and red but my pool says that I'm mining at 300Kh/s.

Thanks!
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Has anyone been able to compile cpuminer for the Raspberry pi yet? Also, gridseed has a modified cgminer up on their github. Has anyone tried it?

Really need to get a pi version! I tried to compile but I keep getting "Error: C compile cannot create executables" :/

Thanks!

That's your pi not the cpuminer.

It looks like the linux instructions work on the Pi from what I've seen.  Someone on my thread seems to have been successful.  I'll try it sometime this weekend and see.
Activity: 99
DON'T UPGRADE TO 2.0.3 unless you don't care about losing SSH access!

They are now encrypting passwords. You can see in the v2.0.3.zip. Look in /up/config/shadow :/

Does anyone happen to know this password or know of a way to boot in failsafe mode?

I'm stuck..
Activity: 28

I have updated the ST drivers and am using the latest cpuminer software so not sure what the issues is.  Sad

What power supply are you using?  12 volts at 1mA is not the same as 12 volts at 1A.  In scrypt only I've been able to run these with 12V 1.5A power supply, but prior to the updated cpuminer the same power supply would not work cause the BTC cores were switched on as well.  Note that the miner will connect to windows and show up in device manager without the power supply connected at all.  All will look good until you fire up cpuminer and you will not find any shares.  The same happens with underpowered power supplies.  The fans on these suckers use a lot of power as well and if mining scrypt with proper cpuminer I don't think they are necessary but I am too chicken to test.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
What USB hubs are people using successfully?
Activity: 85

I have updated the ST drivers and am using the latest cpuminer software so not sure what the issues is.  Sad
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
I can get individual miners running with gpuminer, bu I canno figure out on my own how get the WiiBox controller working. I have it powered up, and I can connect to the interface by typing in the ip that it is on. What do I have to do to get it to communicate with/ recognize he devices? I downloaded v2.0.2.zip , but it is just files I cant do anything with. Am I supposed to copy those files to a mining program? Do I have to connect the usb on the controller to the same usb hub the miners are on?
Activity: 423

Thanks!
Activity: 108
I am only seeing $15 a day with dodge (not 45)  Sad
What am I doing wrong?

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sha256HashRate=1000.00&sha256Power=500.00&sha256PowerCost=0.1100&scryptHashRate=3000&scryptPower=100&scryptPowerCost=0.1100&sha256Check=false&scryptCheck=true&e=Coinbase

-j

I dont know where you are getting those numbers from for Antminer earnings. When I put 1.6GH/s into Coinwarz it tells me they earn $0.16/day mining the most profitable coin.
The Bitcoin side of the Gridseedx5 runs at 8G and Coinwarz makes that a profit of $0.79/day. Running it in Litecoin only mode produces $2.5/day on the best Scrypt coin according to Coinwarz.

This is very close to accurate, also there are coins much more profitable than Litecoin,

If you mine DOGE for example, and you have 10 Gridseed miners, you are making $45 a day and your ROI is 60 days and your annual return is upwards of $16k (all things remaining the same)

Your power cost for a whole year is less than $100

so why not??

That gives $23 for me but these figures vary from one minute to the next. Oh thats $23 for the best coin, yes DOGE is down at about $15 right now.
Activity: 65
I am only seeing $15 a day with dodge (not 45)  Sad
What am I doing wrong?

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sha256HashRate=1000.00&sha256Power=500.00&sha256PowerCost=0.1100&scryptHashRate=3000&scryptPower=100&scryptPowerCost=0.1100&sha256Check=false&scryptCheck=true&e=Coinbase

-j

I dont know where you are getting those numbers from for Antminer earnings. When I put 1.6GH/s into Coinwarz it tells me they earn $0.16/day mining the most profitable coin.
The Bitcoin side of the Gridseedx5 runs at 8G and Coinwarz makes that a profit of $0.79/day. Running it in Litecoin only mode produces $2.5/day on the best Scrypt coin according to Coinwarz.

This is very close to accurate, also there are coins much more profitable than Litecoin,

If you mine DOGE for example, and you have 10 Gridseed miners, you are making $45 a day and your ROI is 60 days and your annual return is upwards of $16k (all things remaining the same)

Your power cost for a whole year is less than $100

so why not??
I was able to run 1 gridseed last night: with WinXP32, Com5, Using the fixed/modified miner. I am connected to Fastpool and I am not having the same speed as you guys are having - am only averaging 250KHs according to Fastpool website.

I can only think of 2 things:
  1. fastpool is not reporting accurate hashrate
  2. Issues from my side.

Any ideas or help?? Thanks

Read my previous posts 'this thread' to get up to speed on this issue. This problem (comm port buffer settings too high) causes all kinds of weird problems and makes people go off on wild goose chases!
Good luck!
Wolfey2014
I was able to run 1 gridseed last night: with WinXP32, Com5, Using the fixed/modified miner. I am connected to Fastpool and I am not having the same speed as you guys are having - am only averaging 250KHs according to Fastpool website.

I can only think of 2 things:
  1. fastpool is not reporting accurate hashrate
  2. Issues from my side.

Any ideas or help?? Thanks
Okay, as some of you may recall, I was having comm problems with my GSx5's (GC3355 x 5 chip) quitting during mining due to, as I discovered, comm port overflow issues!

Read my previous posts 'this thread' to get up to speed on this issue. This problem causes all kinds of weird problems and makes people go off on wild goose chases!

FIFO settings in the comm port properties were adjusted and the problem has vanished!
I just had my first successful 12 hour run with my 5 miners and no comm issues, no hangups or lags or anything. Just pure simple, set it and forget it, delightfully profitable hashing! Just the way I want it!

The port settings I used are - Receive buffer = 8 / Transmit buffer = 14.
My hash rates seem to be averaging the same when the ports were wide open.
All is well. So far. I'll post updates on this if anything changes.

Peace
Wolfey2014
Win7
Pages:
Jump to: