Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher - page 3. (Read 365540 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
This is a brilliant guide guys thanks

just after a little help if possible. I can't seem to get any accepted shares at all

I've tried cpu miner.  sgminer and cgminer
it's on windows it says it's running at 300khs no issues but gets no accepted shares

took the first one apart and it had a burnt chip. so the chap was nice enough to send another one FOC.

same issue and ive gone over it with a multimeter a few times and it seems ok

it's running off a mole plug inside the pc is getting the correct 12v detects and install drivers when It came to cgminer i changed the drivers with zig just feeling very lost now

any suggestions?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I really do love you! i was able to setup my grid seed. I went from some block erupter & duel miner usb to grid seeds.

Had alot more trouble with the grid seed not due to quality just lack of understanding but after about an hr of searching and god knows how long trying to do it myself. Found this thread and i setup it fairly easy thanks so much. A+ guide

As one of the many Authors of this thread, I thank you for your kind words! We ALL appreciate the kudos!
Always gratifying to see others winning with it!

Wolfey2014

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

Now ...

what can i do with my Gridseed, since its only mining scrypt and  forget about  sha256!!

Is there a way to use kinda minercontrol on multiple pool (in scrypt) and choose the most profitable coins to mine on different poll?

Ive tried Multiminer and the best for now for me its minercontrol for my amd and nvidia!! 

Otherwise it sit on my desktop and mine scrypt on yammp Smiley

I think i saw we can mine for lottery or something like this on another blogs...  trying to find a valuable way for this golden fan

Lottery? Maybe you mean solo mining Smiley
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Now ...

what can i do with my Gridseed, since its only mining scrypt and  forget about  sha256!!

Is there a way to use kinda minercontrol on multiple pool (in scrypt) and choose the most profitable coins to mine on different poll?

Ive tried Multiminer and the best for now for me its minercontrol for my amd and nvidia!! 

Otherwise it sit on my desktop and mine scrypt on yammp Smiley

I think i saw we can mine for lottery or something like this on another blogs...  trying to find a valuable way for this golden fan
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I really do love you! i was able to setup my grid seed. I went from some block erupter & duel miner usb to grid seeds.

Had alot more trouble with the grid seed not due to quality just lack of understanding but after about an hr of searching and god knows how long trying to do it myself. Found this thread and i setup it fairly easy thanks so much. A+ guide
Activity: 248
Hey guys! Can I use single 350w 12V 30A power supply for 10 5chip gridseeds in scrypt only mode? Thank you!
(This power supply)

Heard those power supplies were highly inefficient.

Thank you! Will search for alternatives.
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Hey guys! Can I use single 350w 12V 30A power supply for 10 5chip gridseeds in scrypt only mode? Thank you!
(This power supply)

Heard those power supplies were highly inefficient.
(This power supply)

Hi
I presume you are talking about unmodified 5 chip gridseeds?
If so, yes indeed!
Even if they are modified, you should be fine running them with that power supply.
I forget the exact current that the modified units pull each but I have been powering 12 modified GS5 pods with a 25 Amp 12V which provides plenty of overhead, for over a year now without any problems. I've also been safely powering another 13 of them with a 30A power supply for the same period of time so you should be good to go!
But...remember!
What ever happens, you are fully responsible for the results!
God speed!
Wolfey2014

Yes, they are not modified. Thank you very much for the response. I'l try. The main problem is too much wiring for a small quantity of plug places on power supply Smiley
(This power supply)

Hi
I presume you are talking about unmodified 5 chip gridseeds?
If so, yes indeed!
Even if they are modified, you should be fine running them with that power supply.
I forget the exact current that the modified units pull each but I have been powering 12 modified GS5 pods with a 25 Amp 12V which provides plenty of overhead, for over a year now without any problems. I've also been safely powering another 13 of them with a 30A power supply for the same period of time so you should be good to go!
But...remember!
What ever happens, you are fully responsible for the results!
God speed!
Wolfey2014
(This power supply)
legendary
I need to disable the fans from a Gridseed I have here... Can the wires simply be cut and "sealed" with isolating tape?

Yes!
But try to make sure you can reconnect them later if needs be, although I don't know why it would ever become necessary Wink.
You really only need to cut the positive (+ red) wire. Leave the negative (- black) wire intact. Less work later if you do need to reconnect.
And make sure you do this ONLY while the unit is NOT powered!
And remember, what ever happens as a result is solely your responsibility.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Thanks for your reply and recommendations, I'll do it as you said Smiley
I need to disable the fans from a Gridseed I have here... Can the wires simply be cut and "sealed" with isolating tape?

Yes!
But try to make sure you can reconnect them later if needs be, although I don't know why it would ever become necessary Wink.
You really only need to cut the positive (+ red) wire. Leave the negative (- black) wire intact. Less work later if you do need to reconnect.
And make sure you do this ONLY while the unit is NOT powered!
And remember, what ever happens as a result is solely your responsibility.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014
legendary
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
I know with BFGMiner, you can specify which gridseed to use by selecting the COM port it's associated with.  I think for CGminer (it's been a while since I've used it) you can select just 1 gridseed, using something like --gridseed=\\.\COMx to select that specific gridseed.  Then open the second instance and use the other com port that the other gridseed is attached to.  I can't remember exactly how to run it because I use BFGMiner and Luke-JR answers those questions super fast.
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
Thanks, I know about  2 instances of CGminer, but I dont know which command I need to use for separation that gridseed asics
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Hi, how do I run cgminer for a specific gridseed device? I have 2 gridseed 5 chips. GSD 0 and GSD 1 appears, how do I cgminer to run GSD 0 on one pool, and cgminer GSD 1 on another pool? I have cgminer 3.7.2 downloaded and already tried -d 0, -d 1 doesn’t work. Thanks

You have to run 2 instances of CGminer to let each unit hash separately, or run them both, add the second pool and use something like load balance.  It won't be the same though as running 2 instances of CGMiner
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
Hi, how do I run cgminer for a specific gridseed device? I have 2 gridseed 5 chips. GSD 0 and GSD 1 appears, how do I cgminer to run GSD 0 on one pool, and cgminer GSD 1 on another pool? I have cgminer 3.7.2 downloaded and already tried -d 0, -d 1 doesn’t work. Thanks
Activity: 157
Merit: 10
Hi guys! I'm sorry for bothering you, but I'm having unexpected hard time trying to mine in different pools and...well, I'm seeking help Sad

So, first things first, this is my hardware:
1 raspberry pi mod. B
2 gridseeds mini (I use them in scrypt mode)

About the software, it's debian wheezy with the following:

ssh back in as miner and install the pre-requisites
Code:
sudo -s
apt-get update
apt-get install -y build-essential libtool libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev autoconf automake screen
exit

Build cgminer:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/gridseed/usb-miner/
cd usb-miner/software/cgminer
autoreconf -i
./configure --enable-gridseed
make

Build cpu miner:
Code:
cd
cd usb-miner/software/cpuminer
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

Link the build directories for convenience:
Code:
ln -s ~/usb-miner/software/cpuminer ~/cpuminer
ln -s ~/usb-miner/software/cgminer ~/cgminer

and at this point I'm all good. But here's my problem: if I try to run both the gridseeds in the same stratum pool&worker they run fine, but I can't figure how to make them run on 2 different stratum pools!
reading the awesome OP's guide I thought this would work:

How I run the 10 miners to 10 separate pools:
***WARNING: This assumes you use username miner and home path /home/miner ****
This also assumes that you have added your user to plugdev or are using root with (sudo -s)

1) Create 10 pool files named pool0.sh to pool9.sh
2) insert the FREQ NAME and POOL variables into each pool file
pool9.sh
Code:
NAME="miaviator"
POOL="-o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 -u 13zKJjzxGpjbqJDAWAhFNHVqALqcsCWiat -p x"
FREQ="800"
3) make the mine.sh script to execute the miners
Code:
cat > mine.sh << EOF
count=0
for i in `ls /dev/ttyACM*`
do
source /home/miner/pool$count.sh
cd /home/miner/cpuminer/
screen -dmS $NAME ./minerd -F $FREQ -G $i $POOL
count=$((count+1))
done
EOF
chmod +x mine.sh

After running mine.sh for this hosting thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/three-units-open-mining-now-unicornhasher-90-days-at-300khs-device-hosting-471764 I have the following screens:

I've created 2 files, pool0.sh and pool1.sh with pools' details, and mine.sh.
But it doesn't work for me!  Huh
also I've noticed that in the "mine.sh" code it uses CGminer syntax, while it's executing CPUminer (./minerd)...
so I've tried changing the folder and having it executing ./cgminer,
but once I run "mine.sh" it doesn't do anything, only the "chmod +x mine.sh" command resulting in this:
*instead of home/miner/ I use home/pi/ as default*
Code:
count=0
for i in /dev/ttyACM0
/dev/ttyACM1
do
source /home/pi/pool.sh
cd /home/pi/cgminer/
screen -dmS ./cgminer -F  -G
count=1
done

when I run it and then "screen -ls", it says that there are no screens-blablabla, so there isn't any cgminer instance working  Embarrassed
similar results using cpuminer...

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! Does this "multipool method" work only on linux (Part 5A.1: Linux) but NOT on the raspberry?  
Is there anyone able to help me?  Cry

Thanks for the patience...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Pretty sure I got it, the only issue is it's running at 250KH/s thought it was supposed to be 340KH/s (could be freq thing, think it's set to 600). And second I'm connected to HamsterPool but I see no hashing information on the website.

This is what I'm seeing:

http://cdn2.aspyr.us/imgs/scrypt.png

Yep, 600 would do that to you. Try

--gridseed-options=freq=800,chips=5

in the command line, or

"gridseed-options": "freq=800,chips=5",

if you're using a config file.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bored with you morons.
I can't for the life of me get this to work. Anytime I get to the "make" stage it gives the following error:

I've tried reinstalling GCC, different versions, etc. nothings working. I basically have a worthless gridseed. I've spent close to 10 hours just to get this to work, and another 15 hours on my RockMiner New RBox.

Did you look in config.log for more details? It should tell you exactly why it failed.

One thing that stands out for me is the CFLAGS -02 parameter (zero two). I think it should be -O2 (capital oh two).

Looks like you're right. CPUMiner compiled. Running into an issue with CGMiner though, ./autogen.sh appears to not exist in the ~/usb-miner/software/cgminer folder.

Pretty sure I got it, the only issue is it's running at 250KH/s thought it was supposed to be 340KH/s (could be freq thing, think it's set to 600). And second I'm connected to HamsterPool but I see no hashing information on the website.

This is what I'm seeing:

Pages:
Jump to: