Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] Innosilicon [A1 Booster + A2 Terminator] Support/Tuning - page 3. (Read 29699 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Image is working now check it out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672969.0;all
Accepting values 1000 MHz and 1080 to 1400 MHz in increments of 20MHz.  Grin
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I'm having trouble with my A2 mini terminator.

My A2 mini has the raspberry pi reporting "no any A1 board" during bootup.

But before I could get to that point in the bootup process, it used to never finish booting or connect to my router with this being the furthest it would go:

I bypassed this by typing "avoid_safe_mode=1" without quotes in config.txt

It seemed to work normally but I tried to enter the Clevermining pool info and it looked like it worked at first, until I refreshed the page where the cgminer stuff showed up as stopped.

I've tried other non-multipools but still nothing shows up as working.

I've tried using the image on ZoomHash's guide on another brand new SD card, and I still have to modify the config to get it to do anything, but even then it doesn't mine.

Is my Raspberry Pi defective, or am I missing something?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
So I tried the hashra image and it loads fine @192.168.1.20 but the included mining software is not compatible with our A2 rigs. I tried the above mentioned image (R32) and the latest (R35) with no success.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

junglecat

Re: Innosilicon A2 88 MH/s Scrypt ASIC Miner $3999
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »
Quote from: Forceflow on August 03, 2014, 01:42:36 AM

I will say that the machines actually pull way more from the wall than advertised.  That being said, they are currently the most efficient.  That also being said, you can get 44Mh/s for $799 @1kwh now, so I think your prices probably need some tweaking to sell here (since this audience is more informed).

No it doesn't pull "way more" from the wall than advertised and it runs 102-112 MH/s at the pool with the cgminer update.

Code: [Select]

[2014-08-07 18:02:18] Started cgminer 3.9.0                                 
 [2014-08-07 18:02:22] A1 PLL Clock = 1350MHz <==                                   
 [2014-08-07 18:02:23] Found chip 1 with 54 active cores                   
 [2014-08-07 18:02:23] Found chip 2 with 54 active cores                   
 [2014-08-07 18:02:23] Found chip 3 with 54 active cores                   
 [2014-08-07 18:02:23] Found chip 4 with 54 active cores                   
 [2014-08-07 18:02:23] Found chip 5 with 54 active cores                   
 [2014-08-07 18:02:23] Found chip 6 with 54 active cores                   
 [2014-08-07 18:02:23] Found chip 7 with 54 active cores                                 
 [2014-08-07 18:02:34] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block                                     
(5s):118.26M (avg):117.49Mh/s (pool):106.0Mh/s | A:14652928  R:340992  HW:87  WU:75763.9/m

It will soon do 150 MH/s at less than 1K watts per Innosilicon.

Its per chip performance has reached over 1.6MHs to 1.8MHs at only 10W power consumption, which can allow for the unbeatable up to 150MHs per box performance within only 1KW power supply & very quiet fan cooling.

The device was designed to be able to tweak to twice the nominal speeds. Go read it on their website and get "informed".  Cool
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:07:00 AM by junglecat »

At https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=21399.0 someone shows a device that works on 1350Mhz after an updated cgminer.....
Someone know something about that??
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
My a2 is currently under a rental contract,  once that ends in a couple of hours I will check and report back here later this evening.

I have minera installed on an sd card but can not figure out the ip or a way to log into the machine once installed.

Download Angry IP Scanner. That can help.you.  After you find the IP,  You can SSH into it with the username pi and password minera. Then after logging in type sudo su to get root access.

Also can open up connected devices to your router.  it will show connected devices no need to scan that way.

Could not find it that way,  already tried.  Will try using angry scanner in a little while and will rerport back.
legendary
Activity: 1456
My a2 is currently under a rental contract,  once that ends in a couple of hours I will check and report back here later this evening.

I have minera installed on an sd card but can not figure out the ip or a way to log into the machine once installed.

Download Angry IP Scanner. That can help.you.  After you find the IP,  You can SSH into it with the username pi and password minera. Then after logging in type sudo su to get root access.

Also can open up connected devices to your router.  it will show connected devices no need to scan that way.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Well I loaded up the Minera image per the instructions, and all looks to be well. There are a lot of great features in this image. I just wish I had an A2 to use it with.
FYI.. It looks like Minera is supported now by the Innosilicon A2 mining equipment now...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XtySf88a_9fqkWFCcXm8umwaIBP60h607cxUl_yJ43k/edit

GAW Miners have dropped the ball on their ZenMinerOS/ZenController image... Total BS joke!

Can anyone confirm this?  I do not see it stated anywhere else that Minera supports the a2.

Apparently GAW Miners says it works. I can test loading it onto my Raspberry Pi. I personally don't have an Innosilicon A2 miner, but was helping out a fellow miner getting his miners up and running... But based on that link I provided a few posts ago, that it what GAW Miners had e-mailed us directly in regards to instructions for loading the Minera image onto the Rasp Pi's of the A2's.

Give it a try.
FYI.. It looks like Minera is supported now by the Innosilicon A2 mining equipment now...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XtySf88a_9fqkWFCcXm8umwaIBP60h607cxUl_yJ43k/edit

GAW Miners have dropped the ball on their ZenMinerOS/ZenController image... Total BS joke!

Can anyone confirm this?  I do not see it stated anywhere else that Minera supports the a2.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

Did this work for anyone? How do the settings have to look like?
legendary
Activity: 1596

Awesome! Has anyone tested? Is OCing to 1300MHz supported?

I think I got it....

I'm running Fedora 20... I copied the MnerEU.img file to the /home//Downloads directory...
Then I ran (in my case) while as root:   dd bs=4M if=MinerEU.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

It did pop up with a message "dd: error writing '/dev/mmcblk0': No space left on device" but after a few minutes of waiting, it came back with the final imaging results.

I then popped it into my Raspberry Pi and it booted up well over the RCA Video output, I didn't get any HDMI output. No worries about the video output though. I can manage.

I hope this helps others....
What in the world am I doing wrong?! Many of these images listed here I cannot successfully write to the SD Card. I'm always running out of space... In Windows I used the Win32DiskImager program and tried the Roadkil Imager program... I also used the "dd" command within Linux directly to the whole card, not the partition, and no matter what I do, I always run out of space! I am using an officially supported 8GB SD card for a Raspberry Pi. Someone please help. I would like to get the MinerEU.img image to work. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Does anyone here happen to know the username and password to log into these Innosilcion A2's that were purchased through GAWminers? They've been absolutely horrible in providing support. We can't login through ssh nor is there a web GUI running as well. We are dead in the water for over a week now... We've submitted a ticket to them and we haven't received a response yet...

Can we or should we just flash over the SD Card with a known good image with a known Username and Password from another reseller like MinerEU? So far, we haven't found a great deal of support out there on the internet about this product.

With prices of SD cards i would get a second card and use it for your test on another firmware and see if it's what your looking for.  The original firmware in first post you could use with SSH.
Does anyone here happen to know the username and password to log into these Innosilcion A2's that were purchased through GAWminers? They've been absolutely horrible in providing support. We can't login through ssh nor is there a web GUI running as well. We are dead in the water for over a week now... We've submitted a ticket to them and we haven't received a response yet...

Can we or should we just flash over the SD Card with a known good image with a known Username and Password from another reseller like MinerEU? So far, we haven't found a great deal of support out there on the internet about this product.
Anyone else getting a crc error when extracting "InnoSilicon Customized WebGUI RPI Image for A2 Miners (2014-06-18)"?

I'm having the same problem as well. I've used winzip and 7-zip and get the same results on a couple different windows computers. I also tried to unzip it on A Linux box as well. No go .
Pages:
Jump to: