Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking KNC Titan / Jupiter / Neptune miners back to life. Why not? - page 3. (Read 76589 times)

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
Well i finally was able to format a damn micro sd. It did the whole light show and i can log into it via firefox. I plug a asic into it and it sees it but wont hash.... could be because these are Jupiter boards or the asics are toast. Not worth my time really, need to find a ok working Neptune with at least one working die to see if these controllers are good.

I assume you're powering it down before plugging in a cube, right? Is it displaying stuff on the display, and is the green light on the side?

C
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Well i finally was able to format a damn micro sd. It did the whole light show and i can log into it via firefox. I plug a asic into it and it sees it but wont hash.... could be because these are Jupiter boards or the asics are toast. Not worth my time really, need to find a ok working Neptune with at least one working die to see if these controllers are good.

I need to try this as well, if I remember right there was an order you had to do this....if you did not do it in the correct order..you had to format the SD and

start over. If I remember right I had to format the SD then do the image stuff directly on the SD..just making an image and copying it did not work

all I got..been a couple years since I had to do the SD stuff... I keep planning to do such..but each time I have a spare cube per titan...a cube dies an then

i just plug the other cube into the open slot...thus no reason to it un one alone yet...

anyway, all I have off the top of my head

lightfoot will know more ALL HIS STUFF runs on his neptune hack I think

as to the jupiter vs neppie board..it should make no difference...or at least none when using a titan bridge on any jupiter or neppie board in my past

brad

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
copper member
Clueless!
It's quiet. Been very busy myself as well, and I really don't want to fix Bitmain's junk so things have quieted down at LF Labs. If a miner comes along that has potential to hold value like the Titan did I can always help out.

sent you a pm

brad
legendary
It's quiet. Been very busy myself as well, and I really don't want to fix Bitmain's junk so things have quieted down at LF Labs. If a miner comes along that has potential to hold value like the Titan did I can always help out.

copper member
Clueless!
is this thread still alive?

Activity: 1
Hello there, im looking to buy 1 fully working Titan cube (maybe even 2) is anybody selling any?
Im living in Germany.

Cheers
Activity: 260
Merit: 101
@lightfoot pm sent 
legendary
The instructions are in this thread somewhere along with the part #. Give it a go, key is to use top quality flux, preheat, and a part picker to pull the old component without smearing the solder. Or you could pay me to do it, because why not :-)

C
Activity: 260
Merit: 101
hy , i have 8 cube neptune and 2 controller board.
The controller board not show any information, and the light on the controller is not working.
I can enter the controller via SSH and web but not see page with advanced and the cube is not show.
 sorry for my bad english.
I read all 42page in one week and i believe the fpga is dead because the comand io-pwr init
is show tps ok and error from fpga.

is see the pfga code form digy EP4CGX22CF19C7N but i don-t know how to put the new on board.
i have skil to remove, i see on youtube how.
pls send info about how to put new bga an the chip and the chip on board.
with regards, florin c.
legendary
is the BBB supposed to be powered directly or trough the controller board too get this too work ?
Controller board. The board was designed for a bbb, the Pi had to have a bridgeboard to translate.
Activity: 14
is the BBB supposed to be powered directly or trough the controller board too get this too work ?
legendary
Yeah, in fact it doesn't quite fit on a 4gb SD card, you need an 8gb or bigger.
copper member
Clueless!
Pretty busy, but I must have missed that particular request. A public link is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz0z2bpzpcetpil/knc-lightfoot%204gb%20version.7z?dl=0

But those tend to blow up and not work, so pm me your email address and I'll send you a private link to download.

As for controllers, I'll check.

I downloaded the above, for when/if I ever get around to testing one. So the link worked fine for me, WITHOUT having to sign up to use the site.

I ASSUME that a 4gb Image as the above link, will work fine on an 8gb SD card?

(no damn time, I suppose a controller blows, then I'll find the time)

thanks

brad
legendary
Pretty busy, but I must have missed that particular request. A public link is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz0z2bpzpcetpil/knc-lightfoot%204gb%20version.7z?dl=0

But those tend to blow up and not work, so pm me your email address and I'll send you a private link to download.

As for controllers, I'll check.
Iv been looking trough this tread a couple of times , and was wondering if Gentarkin`s mod work with your BBB firmware and where i could get a hold of your BBB firmware ?
my brand new corsair rm750I fried my raspberry and the card it connects too.
Probably wasn't the power supply; the Pi tends to blow up the bridge card. And since the Pi can run Neptune code because I did it for fun, it's perfectly acceptable on either Alt or bitcoin forums.

PM me and I'll send you a link for the code for free. Donate if you think it's cool.

As for Tarkin's code, probably not. I might be able to duplicate it but that wouldn't be too fair.

C
sendt you a pm at the 27. think i might have used the limit for today , just figured out you was busy, drowning in broken miners.
btw , do you by any chance have any complete controllers with bridge card or a BBB ? was thinking too have a spare or two, my miner has been down for 2-3 weeks now

I sent you the BBB you can put that on the bottom 4 port or 6 port knc board with the daughter board off and use lightfoots BBB titan software to run your titans

bridge cards are spendy FYI...guick and dirty would be this method..which lightfoot says works fine BBB to titan SD card wise..

ask lightfoot details

brad

got 10 cubes so was just thinking about getting a spare if another bridge board would start blowing smoke or a controller, with my luck.
copper member
Clueless!
Iv been looking trough this tread a couple of times , and was wondering if Gentarkin`s mod work with your BBB firmware and where i could get a hold of your BBB firmware ?
Probably wasn't the power supply; the Pi tends to blow up the bridge card. And since the Pi can run Neptune code because I did it for fun, it's perfectly acceptable on either Alt or bitcoin forums.

PM me and I'll send you a link for the code for free. Donate if you think it's cool.

As for Tarkin's code, probably not. I might be able to duplicate it but that wouldn't be too fair.

C
sendt you a pm at the 27. think i might have used the limit for today , just figured out you was busy, drowning in broken miners.
btw , do you by any chance have any complete controllers with bridge card ? was thinking too have a spare or two, my miner has been down for 2-3 weeks now

I sent you the BBB you can put that on the bottom 4 port or 6 port knc board with the daughter board off and use lightfoots BBB titan software to run your titans

bridge cards are spendy FYI...guick and dirty would be this method..which lightfoot says works fine BBB to titan SD card wise..

ask lightfoot details

brad

C
btw , do you by any chance have any complete controllers with bridge card ? was thinking too have a spare or two, my miner has been down for 2-3 weeks now
legendary

C
Pages:
Jump to: