Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking KNC Titan / Jupiter / Neptune miners back to life. Why not? - page 4. (Read 76589 times)

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
hey man sent the A4 just making sure you got it there is no rush fixing if you can just want a make sure you got it ,take as long as you need to ,  i won't ask again for three weeks at least unless you say something first.

sent a pm asking the same thing.

Yep, got it. Just need to finish this Neptune board on the bench (yes, people still send in Neptunes from time to time, which means this thread show now go back to bitcoins :-) and I can take a look at it. Can you describe what's wrong with it and why it died?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Yeah just busy. That LED is controlled by software (you can log in and there's a command to turn them on and off, I forget what it is, but it's easy to spot) but it might be possible the fpga power chip is going weird. Is the FPGA warm?

C

Hi lightfoot

Sent you a pm. I too am seeking a controller board.
If anyone has one for sale please send me a pm.

Thanks

IF your titan board died...I'd yank the titan daughterboard off...get lightfoots BBB firmware to replace....and see if your BBB works with that..usually the daughterboard is what

blows up.... contact lightfoot for his firmware link..this would be the quickest way to get your stuff back up ...if indeed your BBB is not blown...win/win

again, I'd help no time...in middle of taxes.....but this may be a reasonable way to approach this..with lightfoots help and if you BBB and the 6port board on the titan

is not blown

Activity: 23
Merit: 1
For Titan anyways looks like you can still get them off GitHub which I would assume would be a reasonable source.  May have the others there as well?

https://github.com/KnCMiner/titan/releases

Not sure how SAFE these links are (and/or programs) CHECK FOR MALWARE/VIRUSES!

But, if the links below are legit, figured it was worth posting on here as a resource

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/forum/Thread/1046

the usual knc miner firrmware links etc and such for their products as downloads

anyway, if for some reason is it Virus city....let me know I'll delete this post.but for those who need these bits of

firmware, occasionally yet Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
hey man sent the A4 just making sure you got it there is no rush fixing if you can just want a make sure you got it ,take as long as you need to ,  i won't ask again for three weeks at least unless you say something first.

sent a pm asking the same thing.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Yeah just busy. That LED is controlled by software (you can log in and there's a command to turn them on and off, I forget what it is, but it's easy to spot) but it might be possible the fpga power chip is going weird. Is the FPGA warm?

C

Hi lightfoot

Sent you a pm. I too am seeking a controller board.
If anyone has one for sale please send me a pm.

Thanks
copper member
Clueless!

Not sure how SAFE these links are (and/or programs) CHECK FOR MALWARE/VIRUSES!

But, if the links below are legit, figured it was worth posting on here as a resource

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/forum/Thread/1046

the usual knc miner firrmware links etc and such for their products as downloads

anyway, if for some reason is it Virus city....let me know I'll delete this post.but for those who need these bits of

firmware, occasionally yet Smiley

copper member
Clueless!

C

Hell, I've no idea...it mines like a sun of a b*tch...and gets 415 mh on 5 cubes (with 2 dies off) so screaming.....no errors..runs months at a time..w/o reboot

and has been running 24/7 with 4 cubes in 2015 and 6 cubes till 6 months ago and now 5 cubes ...for the above 415mh rate...

this since Nov 8th 2014 ...

I think it is just p*ssed...it was supposed to be dead in 90 days (according to original warranty by knc...they forgot to change the web page so that was

made 1 year) so 90 days and that was about 3 years and 4 months ago....yeah....me thinks it is just p*ssed off it still works

the server gerbils in the hamster wheel that runs the evil knc miner.....might be ready to mutiny...(that is why I have 6 spare boards...no idea why I have

6 spare boards....but I do)

*my life is befuddling and odd*

legendary

C
copper member
Clueless!
Thought I sent a PM of this...but was curious about the 2 different ways the red (always on under pi) LCD acts on two different working Titans.

see below:

Hey, I have 2 5 cube titans in my basement...

One has been running since March 2015 no issues...the RED led under the board lite...the usual.....is always ON....no flash/flicker etc

On the other hand, the Titan that has been running since Nov 8th 2014...it has the red lite flicker about 50% of the time on/off

both units are full out at 400mh and running fine...so that is not an issue

just wondering if it means anything and/or maybe it has run so long I've worn out the LCD?

again the little red lite that on MOST titans is solid on all the time...on the above it flickers like a floppy drive in use...jitterbugs all over the place!

not really a concern, just making sure it is not a symptom of something else that is gonna go ....like the SD card or something

thanks

brad

legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Note: As the OP of this thread and the guy who has been supporting these things for years I am always concerned about changing the contents of posts. That can affect the accuracy of information which is why I leave all my research and notes intact.

If that data can be changed arbitrarially then I need to rethink using this as a source of record. Hm. Maybe we need a forum that is secured by some sort of chain of transactions, where each post is written on a sort of a chain of blocks and can't be modified after a certain point, by anyone. That would allow for a high degree of repudibility about the source of the information.

Any idea what we could use? I'd say some sort of block chain, maybe we can secure it with all these Titans lying around.

(And such begins another altcoin. Which is ok since this is in the altcoin section)

maybe something like copy the text of each post to pastebin, then post that link at the bottom of each post here. maybe sign it with pgp for good measure. dunno how long stuff stays on pastebin, never used it. or rent a web server and copy each post to that, again with a link and verified via pgp.
legendary
Note: As the OP of this thread and the guy who has been supporting these things for years I am always concerned about changing the contents of posts. That can affect the accuracy of information which is why I leave all my research and notes intact.

If that data can be changed arbitrarially then I need to rethink using this as a source of record. Hm. Maybe we need a forum that is secured by some sort of chain of transactions, where each post is written on a sort of a chain of blocks and can't be modified after a certain point, by anyone. That would allow for a high degree of repudibility about the source of the information.

Any idea what we could use? I'd say some sort of block chain, maybe we can secure it with all these Titans lying around.

(And such begins another altcoin. Which is ok since this is in the altcoin section)
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
I own 3 Jupiters, 1 Neptune and also had 1 Titan.  the Titan controller board died so I replaced it with one of my Jupiter's controller board, and recently the Neptune's controller died and again replaced it with one of my other Jupiter controller boards.  All controllers are same.

If you still want pictures let me know and I can take some for you, but they're all going to look exactly the same.

Fantastic!!! I'm so glad that knc did that. Well that really opens things up for me, thanks for sharing. No need for the pics, thanks again.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove off-topic portions of the post.)

My god, someone take the damn whistle off this mod. I'm so gob smacked at a mod editing posts. I think they are drunk because it says it was edited but as far as i can tell it was only edited with the addition of their text saying it was edited...I'm so confused, so appalled! I think i might not log in again. I'm actually really creeped out that one person gets to edit peoples posts. Thats so freaking scary, with high amounts of wrong.

Bye all.

May as well edit this post too!!!

I'd like to hear some specific criticisms of the code. To me it looks like an impressive job, although I'd wish for more comments. Now I've mostly studied the init, main, script and a bit of net modules. This is some powerful machinery.
That means a lot coming from you, Hal.  Thanks.

Yeah....thought so!
copper member
Clueless!
Cool ...not sure you how you did that...now for your next trick ...see if you can get permission to move SWEDISH ASIC MINERS for the same reason from the moderators in that it is a DEAD AND NO LONGER CONTROLLED BY AN OP THREAD....make a case
Oddly enough I didn't do it, I think the other mod did it, which was very nice of him to put this thread where it belongs so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Ask him and Therymos to move the KNC one as well, hopefully the alt people won't have a problem with Meptune posts as they can also mine Bitcoin Trash. And hopefully saying that is ok in this forum. Hm....

As a thread OP you should ask about that..I know in the past they have given out to new OP's dead threads..don't know the protocol for such though..unlikely but worth a shot IMHO,

(where would I have been w/o the garlicoin post and scrypt-N on the thread....shudder....ha ha...I can talk about any sh*tcoin like garlicoin or whatever I want now!) Smiley

legendary
Cool ...not sure you how you did that...now for your next trick ...see if you can get permission to move SWEDISH ASIC MINERS for the same reason from the moderators in that it is a DEAD AND NO LONGER CONTROLLED BY AN OP THREAD....make a case
Oddly enough I didn't do it, I think the other mod did it, which was very nice of him to put this thread where it belongs so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Ask him and Therymos to move the KNC one as well, hopefully the alt people won't have a problem with Meptune posts as they can also mine Bitcoin Trash. And hopefully saying that is ok in this forum. Hm....
copper member
Clueless!
HEY LOOK AT THAT! WE'RE IN THE ALTCOIN SECTION! NOW WE CAN TALK ABOUT ALTCOINS AND LITECOIN!

WE'RE FREE!!!!

in the meantime, we're back on the air here. If you need help fixing your Titan or fixing your Neptune (as long as you promise to only mine altcoins, I won't tell....) feel free to post!

C

likely shot down, but worth a shot imho

anyway, thanks for your efforts

brad
legendary
HEY LOOK AT THAT! WE'RE IN THE ALTCOIN SECTION! NOW WE CAN TALK ABOUT ALTCOINS AND LITECOIN!

WE'RE FREE!!!!

in the meantime, we're back on the air here. If you need help fixing your Titan or fixing your Neptune (as long as you promise to only mine altcoins, I won't tell....) feel free to post!

C
legendary
I own 3 Jupiters, 1 Neptune and also had 1 Titan.  the Titan controller board died so I replaced it with one of my Jupiter's controller board, and recently the Neptune's controller died and again replaced it with one of my other Jupiter controller boards.  All controllers are same.

If you still want pictures let me know and I can take some for you, but they're all going to look exactly the same.

Fantastic!!! I'm so glad that knc did that. Well that really opens things up for me, thanks for sharing. No need for the pics, thanks again.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove off-topic portions of the post.)
Activity: 189
Merit: 11

I own 3 Jupiters, 1 Neptune and also had 1 Titan.  the Titan controller board died so I replaced it with one of my Jupiter's controller board, and recently the Neptune's controller died and again replaced it with one of my other Jupiter controller boards.  All controllers are same.

the only difference is that some have 4 ports and others have 6.    Not sure if all have the signatures of the dev team printed on the bottom but that was a thing too.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
My question here is if anyone is actually using their Jupiter right now. Can you show me a picture of its controller board please? Is It really the same as the neptune controller board?

legendary
My question here is if anyone is actually using their Jupiter right now. Can you show me a picture of its controller board please? Is It really the same as the neptune controller board?

Pages:
Jump to: