Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking KNC Titan / Jupiter / Neptune miners back to life. Why not? - page 5. (Read 76589 times)

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
Quote from: lightfoot
I have a few controllers here that I have fixed, if you need one drop me a PM.

I wrote you a message - you did not answer.
I need a controller working card for Neptune.
How much does it cost, including sending to Europe?
Yep, very busy weekend, will reply in a PM.

Edit: Weird, didn't see your message anywhere. Will PM back.
C
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Quote from: lightfoot

I wrote you a message - you did not answer.
I need a controller working card for Neptune.
How much does it cost, including sending to Europe?
legendary
Does anyone know where one can still get a controller board and a power supply (that's probably the easier part)?
I have one Titan cube, but the rest is missing.

C
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Does anyone know where one can still get a controller board and a power supply (that's probably the easier part)?

Only if you lived in Melbourne Australia.
Activity: 1
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Hi Blake!

PM me an email address and I'll send you a link. I need to find a hosting site that will not just roll over so I can put this up, anyone got any ideas?

C

If its not too large I can throw it on my site =) like Searing stated, up to you. Max file size on my host is 10MB lol

Yeah, not like a rush of beagle bone versions are gonna swamp the internet......(still have not used mine yet...sheesh) Sad

with the bbb I have laying about a good 1/2 dozen or both types together...(I am massively prepared with reg and BBB board in this manner for anything)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Hi Blake!

PM me an email address and I'll send you a link. I need to find a hosting site that will not just roll over so I can put this up, anyone got any ideas?

C

If its not too large I can throw it on my site =) like Searing stated, up to you. Max file size on my host is 10MB lol
copper member
Activity: 38
Hi Blake!

C

I don't know ...gen tarkin may allow you to move your stuff with his site for a fee...hell, he may even tweak it ..if it sits around and stares at him on the site for a bit

probably a dumb idea..but all i have

Why not set up mega? Leave the decryption key in the post.
copper member
Clueless!
Hi Blake!

C

I don't know ...gen tarkin may allow you to move your stuff with his site for a fee...hell, he may even tweak it ..if it sits around and stares at him on the site for a bit

probably a dumb idea..but all i have
legendary
Hi Blake!

C
copper member
Activity: 38
Is there a link to lightfoot's current Titan mod firmware?
Activity: 189
Merit: 11
Short answer, no. The Neptunes and Titans had chips with hundreds of cores per die. So something has to go out and poll those cards and do lots of work.

For that, there's the controller board: The Beaglebone on it is just housekeeping, the real work is done by the FPGA on the side (this is also what blows out). It goes to all the cubes, all the dies, and does the get nonces and pull data from the engines.

So you need the controller, at which point you might as well plug it into the ethernet at the wall. Which if you are trying to do this at work is the #1 way to instantly get fired and another job (it's pretty easy for an admin to see you connecting to a mining pool)

that's why the admins ARE the miners
legendary
Short answer, no. The Neptunes and Titans had chips with hundreds of cores per die. So something has to go out and poll those cards and do lots of work.

For that, there's the controller board: The Beaglebone on it is just housekeeping, the real work is done by the FPGA on the side (this is also what blows out). It goes to all the cubes, all the dies, and does the get nonces and pull data from the engines.

So you need the controller, at which point you might as well plug it into the ethernet at the wall. Which if you are trying to do this at work is the #1 way to instantly get fired and another job (it's pretty easy for an admin to see you connecting to a mining pool)
Activity: 16
Re Neptune (and Jupiter):  I haven't read through all 780+ posts in this thread, but does anyone know if you can take one of the neptune boxes and wire it up to a standard host?  Windows, Linux, etc?  Are the connectors between the boxes and the controller board USB, or something more esoteric?

I have a few boxes/cards from neptune's and Jupiter's at home, and if I could hook them up to random machines at work and control them using someone else's power costs, I'd love to.  But, trying to get the controllers to work on a corporate network would be a pain.

Thanks.
copper member
Clueless!
Hi guys. I have a knc jupiter, October batch that I fired up yesterday for about 10 minutes, and it was hashing fine.
Then I went to restart it, and it won’t restart again. Green and read light comes on 3 times and then nothing.
Any ideas?

you may have to reflash the SD card...or that is what I'd check first.....I think you can try a factory reset as well....

(been so long...I never did a factory reset..on such confusions I just did a new scandisk 8gb flash...and it then revived..

happened a couple times, If I remember right)

Activity: 476
Merit: 266
Hi guys. I have a knc jupiter, October batch that I fired up yesterday for about 10 minutes, and it was hashing fine.
Then I went to restart it, and it won’t restart again. Green and read light comes on 3 times and then nothing.
Any ideas?
legendary
I have an old Saturn I'm trying to get running for heating purposes. Dug out an old 1000W modular PSU, and borrowed a few modular PSU cables from another PSU or two... But with the 4-pin molex power connected to the control board, the PSU immediately dies. Without it plugged into the control board, the PSU fans spin up fine. Any ideas? :/
Hm. The controller board with the Beaglebone on it? I've heard of the titans blowing out their Pi's because Pi's are junk, but haven't really run across many BBB's with shorted power converters.

Try pulling the BBB from the controller and see if it at least powers up. If so get a new BB, swap SIMs, and rock.

They make good heaters, I have a pair of Monarchs running to keep a bedroom warm. And the things are breaking even...... :-)
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I have an old Saturn I'm trying to get running for heating purposes. Dug out an old 1000W modular PSU, and borrowed a few modular PSU cables from another PSU or two... But with the 4-pin molex power connected to the control board, the PSU immediately dies. Without it plugged into the control board, the PSU fans spin up fine. Any ideas? :/
legendary
Thank you so much Lightfoot!
I've tried to turn on just the board and i still have the same problem, LCD doesn't come up and the led light doesn't flash.
I don't know if the board is broken because i'm able to connect my browser to it trough the usual IP address, but i really want to fix it so if you say that the board is broken i'll send it surely to you. how can we organise the shipment with return?

If you have a board that works fine can we think to buy that one instead of fixing mine?

I'll drop you a PM with the shipping information. The FPGA chip is what's bad and although I have a spare board here I would still need your board as a core so I can continue to have a spare.

But they are fix-able. Bit of a job to swap a 324 pin .3mm BGA grid and a QFN power controller, but do-able.

C
Activity: 2
Thank you so much Lightfoot!
I've tried to turn on just the board and i still have the same problem, LCD doesn't come up and the led light doesn't flash.
I don't know if the board is broken because i'm able to connect my browser to it trough the usual IP address, but i really want to fix it so if you say that the board is broken i'll send it surely to you. how can we organise the shipment with return?

If you have a board that works fine can we think to buy that one instead of fixing mine?

Thank you a lot for your support mate!

Hi everybody!

I have 5 Neptunes connected to a board that, following yours suggestions, it seems faulty.
When i turn it on i can't see anything on the LCD Screen and the led light close to the LCD doesn't flash.
When i can access to this board (i can do it cause i remember the IP) i don't see any of the Neptunes connected to this board.

pleeeeeasseeee i'm going mad, heeelp meee   Grin Grin Grin
Try unplugging all the neptunes from the board with the power off, then try just the board. See if the screen comes up. If it does power down and plug in neptunes one at a time powering up to test.

Either one will short the board or the board is bad. If bad I can fix.
Pages:
Jump to: