Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking The KNC Firmware: Overclocking - page 19. (Read 144343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
hey guys great news!! i was able to get my hands on a copy of custom knc firmware that unlocks the clock speed of the all jups , currently pushing 930 ghs 100% stock 4 vrm box.

My assumption would be the version is 1.01.1-padrino?

Hey Padrino did you get my PM's Smiley
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
yes it is.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
hey guys great news!! i was able to get my hands on a copy of custom knc firmware that unlocks the clock speed of the all jups , currently pushing 930 ghs 100% stock 4 vrm box.

My assumption would be the version is 1.01.1-padrino?

Activity: 133
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello
How to unlock these values ​​on other KNC have 1000 MHz?
Thank you
http://wifinet.szczecin.pl/knc.png

The means you have an October miner and not a November..

If you want to go higher you need to either use the firmware running around that unlocks other values in the UI or you can do it via the command line referencing earlier posts in this thread.

I can not find on the forum if you can help me?
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
Hello
Thank you

The means you have an October miner and not a November..

If you want to go higher you need to either use the firmware running around that unlocks other values in the UI or you can do it via the command line referencing earlier posts in this thread.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello
Thank you
http://wifinet.szczecin.pl/knc.png
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
so i just took apart my miner to put it in a window mount for summer time heat removal...noticed on the bottom of the pcb board dark green spots by the side vrms...even thou i've been running them on all 8...hmm well i put some heatsinks on the bottom where the spots are and i think my temps droped alittle bit Cheesy or maybe alot i dunno...but i'm on 291 now and temps are 33, 34 n 36 Cheesy the 36 one is probably da one w/o heatsinks cause i ran out...

kinda wierd that the sides would get dark considering that is the side with more air getting to it...but i dunno...its 1am and i'm tired
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
*listen*
Activity: 157
What should I edit to prevent cgminer from starting automatically, both after boot and when idle? Thanks.
my 1st oc'd jup is getting close to 1bil shares...803mil...too bad i plan on turning it off soon to put more vrm heatsinks on it and give it a dusting...temps are raising up...dunno if its from the new jup i added or dust or warmer temps outside...probably all three...the jup i got is all 8vrm...oc'd at 271 for now til i get the new heatsinks for it...then might try 291 or more...have 1300w psu Cheesy just hope i don't trip the circuit with these 2...I noticed when i enabled all vrms on FW 99.1.tune it made a bad whinning noise with volts turned down...but when i enable them with FW 1.0 it doesn't do it...wierd...sometimes it makes a slight chirping/clicking noise...have around 5-10 cores off on this one thou Sad tryed the heat trick n more volts for that die...got some to come back on but not all Sad oh well i'm happy with it and upto 1.5th/s with 2 jups...thxs for everyone hard work in this thread
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
April 25, 2014, 01:57:42 AM
Very interesting, thanks for sharing that with us!

I don't have my nov. Jupiter in hand now, because it's still in hosting, but I will try underclocking when they send it back to me!

Can you tell me how much power consumption do you have at the wall?

I can only tell you the change in power from the calculated values on the advanced tab; this was about 120W.

One key point.. This is not under clocking, I actually have my clocks running at 1150Mhz now Wink

Optimizing power consumption gave me the headroom needed to push the clocks even faster.

That's even better than I thought, thanks!
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
April 24, 2014, 11:25:48 PM
Very interesting, thanks for sharing that with us!

I don't have my nov. Jupiter in hand now, because it's still in hosting, but I will try underclocking when they send it back to me!

Can you tell me how much power consumption do you have at the wall?

I can only tell you the change in power from the calculated values on the advanced tab; this was about 120W.

One key point.. This is not under clocking, I actually have my clocks running at 1150Mhz now Wink

Optimizing power consumption gave me the headroom needed to push the clocks even faster.
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
April 24, 2014, 03:28:28 AM
Thanks crashoveride54902 for the infos.

W_M
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055
April 24, 2014, 01:30:29 AM
April 23, 2014, 08:47:15 PM
Hi, I would like to buy a used KNC Jupiter 680GHs (4 modules), how can I check if all cores are operating? What should I ask the seller for verify that everything is working well?

Thanks in advance W_M

ask him to send you a screenshot of bertmod showing all 4 mods...you'll see if all cores are on or not...course he could just grab one off the net...good luck

or maybe ask him to take a picture with cell phone with name on it? if you really don't trust him...make sure to escrow too Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
April 23, 2014, 06:15:30 PM
Hi, I would like to buy a used KNC Jupiter 680GHs (4 modules), how can I check if all cores are operating? What should I ask the seller for verify that everything is working well?

Thanks in advance W_M
legendary
Activity: 861
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
April 22, 2014, 10:19:06 PM
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
April 16, 2014, 03:31:16 PM
After reading this again, it seems KNC shipped out the Nov Jupiters highly overvolted?    My Oct Jupiters were already near yours in the -.08 -.09 range

What are your SPI volt and Freq?   mine are 2.25 and I use either 250775 or 267130 hertz with a 241 clock

I am about to play around and see what I can get at lower watts since one miner is about 880w at the wall and 700Gh.. I wonder if I could get 650Gh at 700watts

that's what I will shoot for

Good luck, hope you can save some power without reducing performance! My SPI is fixed at 1.95V and the frequency is 201442Hz - I haven't played around with this much as most posts indicated there was no change in performance.

But... My clocks on the November Jups are 2C1 Wink and this makes all the difference.

I ended up seeing that I was pretty good on watts/performance since I was incline to start from low power and work my up when I initially overclocked them..  so instead I raised the SPI to 2.85, the Freq to 292k and a little more volts on the dies with now a 251 clock..  that gives me even less HW errors and a bit more Gh but yes a power increase

You have the 8 VRMs (which was my holy war with Bitcoinarama early on to get him to talk truth on that) and that allows high OC to be more stable and less risky

One of my miners is a bit trickier since it has one original 8 VRM Oct boards so I have to run that one at lower clocks and higher die voltage to make it play nice with the SPI values that the others are using

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
April 16, 2014, 01:01:40 PM
After reading this again, it seems KNC shipped out the Nov Jupiters highly overvolted?    My Oct Jupiters were already near yours in the -.08 -.09 range

What are your SPI volt and Freq?   mine are 2.25 and I use either 250775 or 267130 hertz with a 241 clock

I am about to play around and see what I can get at lower watts since one miner is about 880w at the wall and 700Gh.. I wonder if I could get 650Gh at 700watts

that's what I will shoot for

Good luck, hope you can save some power without reducing performance! My SPI is fixed at 1.95V and the frequency is 201442Hz - I haven't played around with this much as most posts indicated there was no change in performance.

But... My clocks on the November Jups are 2C1 Wink and this makes all the difference.
Pages:
Jump to: