Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking The KNC Firmware: Overclocking - page 16. (Read 144351 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
clear your browser cashe

Good idea! But dosent work. I testet it with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internetexplorer too.

Sad

Other ideas?

I listen about a new firmware, calls 1.01.1 - maybe i need that? Can somebody give it to me?

did you hit ctrl+r? you sure you installed 1.01?

Yes i had the 1.01 firmeware. Now i installed 1.01.1-padrino and it works.

If i push ctrl+r i can see this:

a) But what means it?
b) I cant choose more than 0x295 Mhz - what means 0x335 = 940Gh´s - because i cant see more than 0x295 Mhz
c) How mutch Volt is okay vor the dies before they will damage?

?
Means you have a October Jupiter

Ah, are you sure? My seller says it´s are november-batch.... Sad

Is there are save way to find it out?

what the guy above me said or just look at the vrms...silver oct. yellow sticker nov...looks like you got hosed...plus with that picture ya put up i can see its oct. and the most you can run on a 4vrm oct is 251 if you do some great extra cooling to it...241 with a cpl extra fans in there...most amps you wanna push is around 60a if you feel lucky 50a or so is safe..been running that for months now...although the bottom of some boards are getting alittle dark hehe

So I put my Kill-A-Watt meter on 1 of my 2 EVGA 1000W PSU's. The meter is reading 1050W, but the web gui only shows that the rig is using 1450W. Why is that PSU maxed out?

is that the PSU that is also powering the control board?  those watt reading you see are only for the chip not everything else like fans, control board and the psu itself

No that PSU is powering 3 of the 6 modules. Other PSU is powering the other 3 and the control board.

psu also loses some watts due to ac to dc convert i think...its not maxed, if it was maxed it woulda more then likely turned off Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
clear your browser cashe

Good idea! But dosent work. I testet it with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internetexplorer too.

Sad

Other ideas?

I listen about a new firmware, calls 1.01.1 - maybe i need that? Can somebody give it to me?

a) But what means it?
b) I cant choose more than 0x295 Mhz - what means 0x335 = 940Gh´s - because i cant see more than 0x295 Mhz

?

Hmm, you might have been ripped off then if they said it was November.

When you had the 1.01 firmware, before you uploaded the padrino firmware, what was the maximum speed you could set in Advanced?

If it was 1000Mhz then its a November Jupiter, if it was 775Mhz then it was an October Jupiter.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
clear your browser cashe

Sad

Other ideas?

a) But what means it?

?

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
clear your browser cashe

Sad

Other ideas?

a) But what means it?

?
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
So I put my Kill-A-Watt meter on 1 of my 2 EVGA 1000W PSU's. The meter is reading 1050W, but the web gui only shows that the rig is using 1450W. Why is that PSU maxed out?

is that the PSU that is also powering the control board?  those watt reading you see are only for the chip not everything else like fans, control board and the psu itself

No that PSU is powering 3 of the 6 modules. Other PSU is powering the other 3 and the control board.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

is that the PSU that is also powering the control board?  those watt reading you see are only for the chip not everything else like fans, control board and the psu itself

Anger is a gift.
clear your browser cashe

Sad

Other ideas?

a) But what means it?

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140521/xgncvq57.jpg

?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
So I have a 6 module Nov. Jupiter with padrino 1.01. I have absolutely no clue what these clock settings mean and this rig has been 100% stable at 1.45 TH/s and 1400W. The only thing I have done is change the volts on some dies. SPI voltage is 1.95 and locked. SPI freq is 201442 hz. What can I do to push a little bit more out of this unit?

Just keep bumping up the clock speed, 0x361 is workable on a number of the November units and will get you a good bump over what you have now..

still have no access to get a "legit" version of this file would prefer the 'author" point me in the right direction rather then
the possible scammers mentioned on here that downloaded other files....Thanks!

Searing
Anger is a gift.
Bumped my clocks up some and now I am getting 1.5 TH/s at 1450W. HW errors are .002% and all the temps look good. Thanks padrino!
Activity: 56
This post is very interesting, I will continue to pay attention to you!
Anger is a gift.
So I have a 6 module Nov. Jupiter with padrino 1.01. I have absolutely no clue what these clock settings mean and this rig has been 100% stable at 1.45 TH/s and 1400W. The only thing I have done is change the volts on some dies. SPI voltage is 1.95 and locked. SPI freq is 201442 hz. What can I do to push a little bit more out of this unit?

Just keep bumping up the clock speed, 0x361 is workable on a number of the November units and will get you a good bump over what you have now..

Awesome. I will give it a shot. Did not want to screw anything up by just blindly changing clocks.
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io

Anger is a gift.

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
clear your browser cashe

Sad

Other ideas?

clear your browser cashe

Sad

Other ideas?

legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
clear your browser cashe
Hello,

i am new here.  Smiley

Please help me, i have 2 Jupiter with firmeware 1.01 (the backend says 1.00) and the miner are november-batch. My problem is that i can´t switch to a higher MHZ as 775. There is no bigger/higher number i can choose.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Half that sent BTC spoke up, thanks again for doing it guys as it was a huge help and I'm glad you received it weeks ago..

Given how it has started to make the rounds, and is already spawning some slime balls to come out of the woodwork I will be moving to post it soon, if anything to keep the shit versions from coming out, and those that are attempting to insert backdoors (yes I found one effort in my email from someone passing it along)..

In any case thanks to J-J from the KNC forums we are close after one false start..

Donations welcome as always since it was time and money to get it where it is, and also add some of the new things I am working on now..

Thanks to all of the bitcointalk users that asked i send it with a donation afterward, aside from a small group that spoke up already it's been a sad showing... The KNC forum users have been better overall..

where is the legit version and/or where do i send a donation? (trying to be legal here even if I'm still chik*sh*t to actually put it on the miner till maybe this weekend

er I also did PM you a couple days about this as well ...

thanks for your efforts

Searing
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
Half that sent BTC spoke up, thanks again for doing it guys as it was a huge help and I'm glad you received it weeks ago..

Given how it has started to make the rounds, and is already spawning some slime balls to come out of the woodwork I will be moving to post it soon, if anything to keep the shit versions from coming out, and those that are attempting to insert backdoors (yes I found one effort in my email from someone passing it along)..

In any case thanks to J-J from the KNC forums we are close after one false start..

Donations welcome as always since it was time and money to get it where it is, and also add some of the new things I am working on now..

Thanks to all of the bitcointalk users that asked i send it with a donation afterward, aside from a small group that spoke up already it's been a sad showing... The KNC forum users have been better overall..
Pages:
Jump to: