Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking The KNC Firmware: Overclocking - page 17. (Read 144351 times)

Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
Yeah fucked up to whoever had it posted on Ebay.  And to the guy who posted it wanting tips that is fucking bs... 

I sent .3BTC before he even sent the software.  He deserves every bit of it and I had no problem giving him BTC for it.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
tryed pad new fw...getting the same gh/s as i was before...but it's nice not having to ssh into it and reset the clocks n vrm all the time Smiley thxs pad for your hard work

Thanks for the note..

I sent it to maybe 10 folks as a favor to them and I have seen no less then three of them trying to sell it on ebay, direct, or otherwise.. It's a sad look at how a number of people in the community try and exploit someone else's work..

There is a small minority of stand up guys but they are definitely a minority..

I never shared mines I got from you for 0.25 BTC to anyone! Makes me sad though to see it posted here for free.

...just sayin'
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
tryed pad new fw...getting the same gh/s as i was before...but it's nice not having to ssh into it and reset the clocks n vrm all the time Smiley thxs pad for your hard work

Thanks for the note..

I sent it to maybe 10 folks as a favor to them and I have seen no less then three of them trying to sell it on ebay, direct, or otherwise.. It's a sad look at how a number of people in the community try and exploit someone else's work..

just had to power down units, hmm still had to ssh back into it to run vrm.sh Sad so great if ya don't have to shut'em off Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io

Thanks for the note..

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
tryed pad new fw...getting the same gh/s as i was before...but it's nice not having to ssh into it and reset the clocks n vrm all the time Smiley thxs padrino for your hard work
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
So , what the highest hashing achieved for Nov units?
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
ack just re-read above..ack 660...my fear seems to be slipping away....what do you have to do to keep it cool like hang 3 fans above it and 2 on the side?

jeez 660 hmmm....will summon courage this weekend perhaps....when i did the message above i thought i read 560 like mine

wow

I've done nothing to keep it cool, it's stock standard.

temps are running from ASIC Slot #1 45.5C, ASIC Slot #3 63.5C, ASIC Slot #4 58.5C, ASIC Slot #5 53.5C Which are perfectly fine for these.
(btw, I had these running well over 75C during our hot summer without any problems, currently we're in autumn and room temp around 25C)

don't fear it, after you upgrade to the above firmware then go to 'Advanced' tab and you'll see guidance for settings as I did.

I set it as described, October: -0.0879 V and 0x231 MHz for all dies, then click 'apply changes' button.

If doesn't go well you can click 'Reset to Factory Defaults' button and goes back to normal.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

I got it working and it's version 1.01.1-padrino firmware

shifty tlon19 is trying to get tips for padrino's work, naughty boy...

it this the stuff that was being sold on ebay for 75 bucks...to tell you the truth....i downloaded it ..if it is legit..i'll send the guy
on ebay the 75 bucks after i'm brave enough to try it (if ever).but is this the same guy as the author or is the above just a different
1.0.1 "flavor"

trying not to be scammed but hey if it is legit and holds water ....and enough on here vouch for me trying it ..i'll give it a shot

if it works i'll pay (hold me to it) but saw the ebay auction and right or wrong the 'scam flag' pop'd up

Searing

why pay for it?  have you bought it already from eBay?

this file download above 'kncminer-1.01.custom.bin' is padrino's custom firmware

when I uploaded/upgraded this firmware in web UI it's listed as 1.001.1-padrino, I think they've just renamed the bin file.

download the above file and in the Advanced setting there's guidance setting info to go by.
I've set it for October jupiter setting and now hashing at 660GH/s from before upgrade was at 560GH/s, and only just over 1% HW errors and rejects combined.

sorry unclear i bought nothing from the guy on ebay just wondering if this pandrino's version above was the same guy...if so then I would pay him if it works

but getting with 1.01 560 out of my miner....after all versions from .90 to .99 only got 555 (was a constant little beastie) so ....not sure how much i wanna mess with

it (it arrived in a soggy box held together by hand full of rain water...me and the miner have an agreement ...you keep working and i'll give you your space ...i treat

it like an electronic cat.....)

whatever...got to get up the nerve to upgrade to the regular knc version 1.01 first maybe

Searing

ack just re-read above..ack 660...my fear seems to be slipping away....what do you have to do to keep it cool like hang 3 fans above it and 2 on the side?

jeez 660 hmmm....will summon courage this weekend perhaps....when i did the message above i thought i read 560 like mine

wow

1.21 GIGA WATTS
https://www.dropbox.com/s/88morgn2qb9uglw/kncminer-1.01.custom.bin

tips?   

1JE5VxpMr22qzCFtdotE35aad3XeveipYA

it this the stuff that was being sold on ebay for 75 bucks...to tell you the truth....i downloaded it ..if it is legit..i'll send the guy
on ebay the 75 bucks after i'm brave enough to try it (if ever).but is this the same guy as the author or is the above just a different
1.0.1 "flavor"

trying not to be scammed but hey if it is legit and holds water ....and enough on here vouch for me trying it ..i'll give it a shot

if it works i'll pay (hold me to it) but saw the ebay auction and right or wrong the 'scam flag' pop'd up

Searing

why pay for it?  have you bought it already from eBay?

this file download above 'kncminer-1.01.custom.bin' is padrino's custom firmware

when I uploaded/upgraded this firmware in web UI it's listed as 1.001.1-padrino, I think they've just renamed the bin file.

download the above file and in the Advanced setting there's guidance setting info to go by.
I've set it for October jupiter setting and now hashing at 660GH/s from before upgrade was at 560GH/s, and only just over 1% HW errors and rejects combined.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

tips?   

1.0.1 "flavor"

Searing
1.21 GIGA WATTS

tips?   

1.21 GIGA WATTS

I uploaded your firmware via web ui and didn't change anything, still previous firmware version 1.00 and still standard advanced settings

Huh Huh Huh

edit.  that's no tip from me

edit2.  I cannot seem to upload any firmware, current version 1.00
         after I select firmware in web UI then click upload, it just waits for file to upload but nothing happens

any ideas?

edit3. figured it out, it was a network hub giving me problems. changed for newer switch and so far seemed to work.
         I'll post again with more results
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
no actually if you got two advanced settings you can go past 1000mhz i am currently @ 940ghs with 1050 power supply.

Nice - just seen it.

Thanks for this, very useful
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
tlon19

Activity: 7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

Re: Hacking The KNC Firmware: Overclocking
May 15, 2014, 11:56:41 PM

Reply with quote  #984

tips?   

Report to moderator

now its for free   Grin
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
no actually if you got two advanced settings you can go past 1000mhz i am currently @ 940ghs with 1050 power supply.

Is that a modified padrino?

Does it work on both November and October Jupiters?

Thanks
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

tips?   

Looks like standard 1.01 with bertmod applied

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Activity: 329
Merit: 10
https://eloncity.io/
I was running 0.99 Tune on my October 8 VRM and managed to get it up to 750 GH/s - 800 GH/s running stable.  I played with the tuning and the cgminer code quite a but to get there.  With the above mods it has taken me down to 550ish. I flashed with KNC's 1.01 and tried again as the code relates to bfgminer and see no improvement.  Am I missing something?

Pages:
Jump to: