Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 19. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

I just got my ISP to order 15 x L3+ , I dont mind gen minus 1 "L" miners as long as they are at priced the same as single GPU (ie. a 1080ti cost more than a L3+). All this logic applies, when your are using cheap hydro or geo-thermal power.

My A2 farm was still profitable (though not by a LOT) up to sometime late last month or VERY early this month.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
So, the crypto market has seen a nice spike upward over the past 24-36 hours that includes most of the coins that I own/mine. Notably absent from that group was RVN. Its value has remained flat. Do you any of you veterans have any speculation on why this is? Is it just the relative obscurity of this coin?

It is soooo very new  think months not days.

I mined 11000 of them.

I sold 6000 and will do a  long hold on 5000 of them

The 5000 are in a core wallet.

I will revisit them  on June 1 ,2018  if they went from 0.00000555 to 0.00001111 I will sell 1000 of them
I will then revisit them Aug 1 ,2018  if I did the early sale at 0.00001111 and they are now 0.00002222 I will sell 1000 of them.

I would  with luck and over time make sales of 1000 coins at

I would hold the last 1000 for a longer time  till  it reached.

0.00022222   then sell 500

and hold the last 500 even longer.

Since I sold 6000 at about 0.00000580 = 0.0348 btc  which is held as btc and now worth 280 usd

I paid about 100 in power So I am up 180 usd and holding the 5000 coins in a wallet.

I can think longer term.
Activity: 224
Merit: 13
So, the crypto market has seen a nice spike upward over the past 24-36 hours that includes most of the coins that I own/mine. Notably absent from that group was RVN. Its value has remained flat. Do you any of you veterans have any speculation on why this is? Is it just the relative obscurity of this coin?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I had a couple of things collide in my mind last night.

Price of L3+ big drop - indicating a fairly high probability of a new Bitmain Scrypt miner soon.
That video claiming to be from some Bitmain "F3 miner" - and the hashrate in the video.

I already commented a couple places about that video possibly NOT being for an Ethereum miner - but now I'm strongly suspecting it's from a new Bitmain 14/16nm node based SCRYPT miner.

1500 Mhash/s on Scrypt at probably somewhere in the 1000 watt range just makes SENSE for a new-node Bitmain miner to be released in probably 2-3 months.

Alternatively, see A6+ from Innosilicon (1.23GHs, 1500w)

If a new 14/16nm (or better) 1.5GHs Scrypt ASICS from Bitmain is indeed coming, the A6+ by then hopefully will be priced lower.

Comment by someone in another thread was claiming "their friend at Bitman" is claiming the L5 will be 15 GH at 1300 watts.
I think they slipped a decimal point on the hashrate, but the wattage sounds reasonable given recent Bitmain designs.

I just got my ISP to order 15 x L3+ , I dont mind gen minus 1 "L" miners as long as they are at priced the same as single GPU (ie. a 1080ti cost more than a L3+). All this logic applies, when your are using cheap hydro or geo-thermal power.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Totally agree.
Right now I stopped trying to lower the power consumption because the cryptonight v7 is paying well at nicehash. So I got my ATI rig to nicehash hashing monero7 Smiley

And nvidia is still chasing ravens.. I'm thinking to split them between raven and pigeon .. I've already mined pigeon last week and I see now is listed on cryptobridge, but the price is reeaaaaly low ... (1pgn = 0.00000046btc)

PGN is just listed on CB and I think 4 more exchanges.
RVN meanwhile is only available in 2 exchanges.
Give it some time to pick - it took RVN about 2 months to get to the 700-500 sats range.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
The people that are good on RX mining, how to setup on simplemining (claymore) to run dagger-hashimoto with lower temps? Right now it does around 29.5Mh/s. I will be happy to lower down the temps and power consumption with lower hash.. but I cannot get it done.
I've tried with 800 and 850 at voltage (currently are 900), lowering the power stage (right now is 4), playing with -dcri, -asm, but I cannot make it.
Anyone got any advice? During the high temps (around 26-30 degrees here in Europe) I've just powered it off and I'm trying to find settings so I could lower down the temps and power consumption.

Thanks

I've heard smOS is bad (and can't really do it other than the power stages which doesn't lower it that much anyway) at undervolting amd gpus. The only way it run the gpus undervolted with smOS is to mod the bios with the undervolt

Been running with SMOS for more than a year now, since ETH farming days, RX470,RX480 all with custom roms for lower power works well SMOS. Post RX and 570/580, NVIDIA was a perfect fit in SMOS, no BIOS mods needed, good power controls, simple and fast deployment and vast miner support for NVIDIA. Cant imagine buying anymore GPUs from AMD unless the produce a miracle.

Totally agree.
Right now I stopped trying to lower the power consumption because the cryptonight v7 is paying well at nicehash. So I got my ATI rig to nicehash hashing monero7 Smiley

And nvidia is still chasing ravens.. I'm thinking to split them between raven and pigeon .. I've already mined pigeon last week and I see now is listed on cryptobridge, but the price is reeaaaaly low ... (1pgn = 0.00000046btc)
legendary

Price of L3+ big drop - indicating a fairly high probability of a new Bitmain Scrypt miner soon.
That video claiming to be from some Bitmain "F3 miner" - and the hashrate in the video.

I already commented a couple places about that video possibly NOT being for an Ethereum miner - but now I'm strongly suspecting it's from a new Bitmain 14/16nm node based SCRYPT miner.

1500 Mhash/s on Scrypt at probably somewhere in the 1000 watt range just makes SENSE for a new-node Bitmain miner to be released in probably 2-3 months.

If a new 14/16nm (or better) 1.5GHs Scrypt ASICS from Bitmain is indeed coming, the A6+ by then hopefully will be priced lower.

Comment by someone in another thread was claiming "their friend at Bitman" is claiming the L5 will be 15 GH at 1300 watts.
I think they slipped a decimal point on the hashrate, but the wattage sounds reasonable given recent Bitmain designs.
legendary
Litecoin price jumped, therefore Bitmain adjusted pricing on the L3+

Nothing new here, move along move along.

$505 as of a few minutes ago.

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
If anyone wants any of my $200 coupons pm me how many and a fair price I have 6 available

How much do you pay to me to get a coupon to buy a doorstep from bitmain?  Grin
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
If anyone wants any of my $200 coupons pm me how many and a fair price I have 6 available
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
The people that are good on RX mining, how to setup on simplemining (claymore) to run dagger-hashimoto with lower temps? Right now it does around 29.5Mh/s. I will be happy to lower down the temps and power consumption with lower hash.. but I cannot get it done.
I've tried with 800 and 850 at voltage (currently are 900), lowering the power stage (right now is 4), playing with -dcri, -asm, but I cannot make it.
Anyone got any advice? During the high temps (around 26-30 degrees here in Europe) I've just powered it off and I'm trying to find settings so I could lower down the temps and power consumption.

Thanks

I've heard smOS is bad (and can't really do it other than the power stages which doesn't lower it that much anyway) at undervolting amd gpus. The only way it run the gpus undervolted with smOS is to mod the bios with the undervolt

Been running with SMOS for more than a year now, since ETH farming days, RX470,RX480 all with custom roms for lower power works well SMOS. Post RX and 570/580, NVIDIA was a perfect fit in SMOS, no BIOS mods needed, good power controls, simple and fast deployment and vast miner support for NVIDIA. Cant imagine buying anymore GPUs from AMD unless the produce a miracle.
Activity: 125
how are you controlling case fans on the ONDA 8 gpu board ?

I got two fan header splitters and have 4 140mm maglev fans on the board , actualy i want to do six with splitters eventually

I noticed some of the fans are not spinning at max speed I have two in the back blowing towards to front , and two in front set up as exhaust fans

how do you set the fans to to basically go at max speed or at least 80%

these are PWM fans btw

i just used a 4 channel fan controller powered from a molex.

if all you want is 100% they make molex to pwm adapters that should run your fans at 100%, but a quick search shows they are kinda pricey for what you get.
https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIACJF64S3550

something like that? $15 though kinda pricy , but the cheapest i could find

this would allow me to set all the fans to say 80 percent right?

yes something along those lines, something with a rotary control to set speed.

cant comment on that particular one (the spelling is crazy bad and that doesnt inspire confidence) but thats the idea. set anywhere from off to 100% manually.
sounds good thanks

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I

@bubbajo - thanks I ordered one, btw how do you control the fan speed with these since there is no speed knob

That unit isn't adjustable AFAIK.  Fan speed would have to be controlled via BIOS I guess?
Activity: 689
Merit: 253

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
L3+ is USD$485 per unit.... am I dreaming?

No your not, the previous L3+ batch was even cheaper at $462USD per unit.  Smiley
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
L3+ is USD$485 per unit.... am I dreaming?

https://shop.bitmain.com/?lang=en

While on Bitmain web shop... stumbled into this ANTBOX

https://shop.bitmain.com/product/detail?pid=00020180408203654123B7Orl8OU0673

MEANWHILE.... X3 rampage has started.

Extracted from NH Profitability calculator.. I think only Monero and Sumocoin forked, the rest of cryptonite coins are heading to pits...

BITMAIN AntMiner X3
CryptoNight at 220 kH/s
0.01915002 BTC
155.14 USD
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

well

the s-7  was 28nm

the s-9 is 16nm

4.7th  at 1175watts

13.5th at 1375 watts

or .2500 watts a gh
to .1018 watts a gh

huge improvement

so l3 is    800watts/500mh
1.6 watts a mh for l3

so l5 is 800watt/1250mh

.64 watts a mh

that would be the same 2.5 to 1 improvement

now innosilicon A6 is  1500watt/1230mh  that is 1.22 watts a mh

so  all bitmain needs to do  is pop a .80 watts a mh  to 1000watt 1250mh

to be fair dragon mint built a beast in the sia b52  amazing gear compared to other ones.

maybe they do it with the ltc algo  and make a .5 watt a mh  1000 watts and 2000mh
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 131

Thanks

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/amd-linux/918649-underclocking-undervolting-the-rx-470-with-amdgpu-pro-success

Don't go with their 818 figure on the undervolt though (I'm running about 860 on my Polaris-based rigs), it's turned out to be a bit optimistic for a wide range of RX 470/480 cards.
AMDGPU does NOT support undervolting or lowering clocks out of the box as of the current 17.50 version (or older), you have to hack the applicable kernel module to make it work, though BIOS modding the card for lower voltage and clocks SHOULD work as well.

Thanks. I will look into it and will come back with feedback Smiley
legendary

legendary

Thanks

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/amd-linux/918649-underclocking-undervolting-the-rx-470-with-amdgpu-pro-success

Don't go with their 818 figure on the undervolt though (I'm running about 860 on my Polaris-based rigs), it's turned out to be a bit optimistic for a wide range of RX 470/480 cards.
AMDGPU does NOT support undervolting or lowering clocks out of the box as of the current 17.50 version (or older), you have to hack the applicable kernel module to make it work, though BIOS modding the card for lower voltage and clocks SHOULD work as well.

Pages:
Jump to: