Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 23. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 102
Vitalik did say that he is not in favor of hardforking to address the ASICs attack because IMHO, in reality, scalability is a big issue for the ETH network, and needs all the hash they can get before POS. Well played Bitmain ...

Amount of hash is not related to scalability though. It just makes it easier/more difficult to perform a 51% attack. All transactions are still computed by the ETH node and transactions are limited because nodes (usually everyday PCs) can only compute so many transactions per second. The solution is sharing (every node only computes a fraction of all transactions).

Right now I'm struggling with a rig that only shows 4 cards instead of 7. Can't be dead risers as it's the riserless onda board. Out of 20 restarts perhaps 1 time all 7 cards get detected, but in 2 - 3 days it drops to 4 cards again. Annoying Cheesy

I bet its power related.... I had 6xslot ONDA that was acting like that but after migrating the same cards on a 8xslot ONDA with a server PSU - had no issues (SMOS).

On that scalability issue, yeah agree... in a way ASICs will quicken a 51% attack / centralized situation. However, in this interim POW to POS stage, ETH network depends heavily on the miners more than ever, hence the POW extension with block-halving decision before full POS. In a recent user poll, a big chunk of ETH miners favors fork to fight ASICs.

I bet there are already several hundreds if not thousands of E3s and F3s already online months ago....

Eth developer is a moron. my opinion for what it is worth.

first off pos can not work.

never could or will work.

basically pos is a bank  and banks pay  1% but are safe.

so unless pos pays 15%  it won't work since it is not safe at all and it can't pay 15%  as it won't generate enough revenue.

Eth  can fork and have 3 future forks  due to asic interference put off pos for 2 years.

It would be accepted by the miners with gpus.
the old fork would have an asic base.  like monero  xmr + xmo

I feel sorry for al those hooked into eth as the path  the developer is following = doom

btw same for zec.  they think the coin being Anonymous  has value  . The  truth is  once you want fiat it is no longer anonymous.  They are also making the coin to be a target for  law enforcement  since  its only value is it is anonymous.  They have turned to asics  in some statements  they made.

So we will soon  see  an asic zec miner.

phil - awhile ago you were targeting ZEC to be $1k a coin.  Does that still look realistic for ZEC? Not sure your view on it re: your comment above.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Holy crap the XMR network hashrate: https://xmr.nanopool.org/stats

wth is going on.....
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
What is the Nvidia Cryptonight7 miner of choice here?

@phil & @citronick

EDIT:  I'm okay on the windows side, but on SMOS side having trouble with the nicehash + Cryptonight7 combo

I have tried all the various Cryptonight7 miners in SMOS... and its a bit tricky, however below worked best for me.

I am using the following for Nicehash + Cryptonight7, stable and without any issues for both NVIDIA and AMD

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   
-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u .$rigName -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   
-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u .$rigName -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u 3QPFEdX8rtXHoVZHct5eUbp7AK1t1vRMfL.1 -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

what about clocks? 

tdp at 200 watts

core at + 50
ram at + 200

fans at 75%

Unlike ETH and ZEC, I think Cryptonite doesnt need any aggressive OC memory settings, only raw core power.
Activity: 85
Merit: 6
Loving this XMR profitability. Hope it lasts for a couple weeks.
I think that unfortunately hashrate will redistribute much faster than that. Supply is very elastic.

Is anyone mining xmr with nvidia? I'm fully nvidia, on rvn at the moment, and wondering if it's worth switching…

get on it while its still profitable...

I have about 130khs pointed to NH and last night I saw a payment of 0.0436 BTC for a few hours.

There are a lot of crazy rich rentors out there...

Profitability is very quickly disappearing back to the ETH levels.

Right now only 50% more profitable with a regular RX 470.

Most likely over night it will even out and this week it will probably make ETH most profitable.

what clocks are you using for 470s?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
What is the Nvidia Cryptonight7 miner of choice here?

@phil & @citronick

EDIT:  I'm okay on the windows side, but on SMOS side having trouble with the nicehash + Cryptonight7 combo

I have tried all the various Cryptonight7 miners in SMOS... and its a bit tricky, however below worked best for me.

I am using the following for Nicehash + Cryptonight7, stable and without any issues for both NVIDIA and AMD

xmrig-amd-v2.5.2   

xmrig-nvidia-v2.5.2   

-o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u 3QPFEdX8rtXHoVZHct5eUbp7AK1t1vRMfL.1 -p x --donate-level=1 --print-time=5

what about clocks? 

tdp at 200 watts

core at + 50
ram at + 200

fans at 75%
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Vitalik did say that he is not in favor of hardforking to address the ASICs attack because IMHO, in reality, scalability is a big issue for the ETH network, and needs all the hash they can get before POS. Well played Bitmain ...

Amount of hash is not related to scalability though. It just makes it easier/more difficult to perform a 51% attack. All transactions are still computed by the ETH node and transactions are limited because nodes (usually everyday PCs) can only compute so many transactions per second. The solution is sharing (every node only computes a fraction of all transactions).

Right now I'm struggling with a rig that only shows 4 cards instead of 7. Can't be dead risers as it's the riserless onda board. Out of 20 restarts perhaps 1 time all 7 cards get detected, but in 2 - 3 days it drops to 4 cards again. Annoying Cheesy

I bet its power related.... I had 6xslot ONDA that was acting like that but after migrating the same cards on a 8xslot ONDA with a server PSU - had no issues (SMOS).

On that scalability issue, yeah agree... in a way ASICs will quicken a 51% attack / centralized situation. However, in this interim POW to POS stage, ETH network depends heavily on the miners more than ever, hence the POW extension with block-halving decision before full POS. In a recent user poll, a big chunk of ETH miners favors fork to fight ASICs.

I bet there are already several hundreds if not thousands of E3s and F3s already online months ago....

Eth developer is a moron. my opinion for what it is worth.

first off pos can not work.

never could or will work.

basically pos is a bank  and banks pay  1% but are safe.

so unless pos pays 15%  it won't work since it is not safe at all and it can't pay 15%  as it won't generate enough revenue.

Eth  can fork and have 3 future forks  due to asic interference put off pos for 2 years.

It would be accepted by the miners with gpus.
the old fork would have an asic base.  like monero  xmr + xmo

I feel sorry for al those hooked into eth as the path  the developer is following = doom

btw same for zec.  they think the coin being Anonymous  has value  . The  truth is  once you want fiat it is no longer anonymous.  They are also making the coin to be a target for  law enforcement  since  its only value is it is anonymous.  They have turned to asics  in some statements  they made.

So we will soon  see  an asic zec miner.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
If you are anti-ASIC do not read...

Am I dreaming or Bitmain added 1000 bucks to E3 miner?  Huh

Antminer E3, Batch 2
Shipping: 16-31 July.
1800 USD

Meanwhile..... L3+ at $838 is looking yummy ...  Grin

You are not dreaming - they kicked Batch 2 up to $1800, apparently Batch 1 sold out fast enough they think they can find enough "suckers" to pay the higher price.

I wish Innosilicon would drop the MOQ 5 requirement, or find a distributor that actually DOES something - those A4s for under $1200 are looking yummy.....

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Antminer E3, Batch 2
1800 USD

You are not dreaming - they kicked Batch 2 up to $1800, apparently Batch 1 sold out fast enough they think they can find enough "suckers" to pay the higher price.

I wish Innosilicon would drop the MOQ 5 requirement, or find a distributor that actually DOES something - those A4s for under $1200 are looking yummy.....

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
*snip*

No I had to laugh as I was talking to someone about them and then checked; if I hadn't remembered you picking one up I would have thought it was just me. That's what happens when they sell out in minutes, throw a 1 in front of it,  Grin

Especially if you have a nice coupon to cut down that price  a little further.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Am I dreaming or Bitmain added 1000 bucks to E3 miner?  Huh

Antminer E3, Batch 2
1800 USD

Meanwhile..... L3+ at $838 is looking yummy ...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I think that unfortunately hashrate will redistribute much faster than that. Supply is very elastic.

Is anyone mining xmr with nvidia? I'm fully nvidia, on rvn at the moment, and wondering if it's worth switching…

I have about 130khs pointed to NH and last night I saw a payment of 0.0436 BTC for a few hours.

Profitability is very quickly disappearing back to the ETH levels.

Right now only 50% more profitable with a regular RX 470.

Most likely over night it will even out and this week it will probably make ETH most profitable.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 349
see my post a few above this one;  it has a link for phil to an XMR binary that has no devfee.

Cool – thanks!
legendary

im literally getting almost 4x+ what I was a few days ago....   So, until people stop turning more machines onto XMR, it will lower a bit... but, even still... I can almost generate 1 XMR a month now;  compared to being able to generate almost .01-.05/mo.

see my post a few above this one;  it has a link for phil to an XMR binary that has no devfee.

For the next few weeks, Ill probably be only mining 100% XMR now, and not RVN + zpool coins as I have been.
Activity: 349

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
XMR is really climbing the profitability ranks.  Feels like the end of last year's profitability.

I pointed all of my machines at it for now.   Wanna reach that min 1XMR payout now.   XMR is the first blockchain aside from BTC that I have synced fully now at home.  Thinking of setting up a machine at my VPN location with pool code....  almost worth it at this point.

I have been pretty impressed with the stability and hashrate of my recompiled xmr-stak for W10.... so much better overall hashrates without the miner disconnecting to do devfee mining.... and its a one stop app shop;  will run any GPU I have throw at it so far (GTX4xx-GTX10xx) as well as the AMD.   Someone should test my build with the older RX and HD cards... see if they are supported like the nvidia side Wink

link it I will run an rx 460 and a rx 560

I think I have a really old hd6790
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34028507

If you need help editing the configs to disable CPU and whatnot, send me a PM or email me directly at my username at gmail, I should be at my PC for a while longer; but there are notes in the top post of that thread, as well as examples of editing the configs in a reply below it.

I'll take a poke at it with a R9 Fury and see how it does with that series.
legendary
XMR is really climbing the profitability ranks.  Feels like the end of last year's profitability.

I pointed all of my machines at it for now.   Wanna reach that min 1XMR payout now.   XMR is the first blockchain aside from BTC that I have synced fully now at home.  Thinking of setting up a machine at my VPN location with pool code....  almost worth it at this point.

I have been pretty impressed with the stability and hashrate of my recompiled xmr-stak for W10.... so much better overall hashrates without the miner disconnecting to do devfee mining.... and its a one stop app shop;  will run any GPU I have throw at it so far (GTX4xx-GTX10xx) as well as the AMD.   Someone should test my build with the older RX and HD cards... see if they are supported like the nvidia side Wink

link it I will run an rx 460 and a rx 560

I think I have a really old hd6790
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34028507

If you need help editing the configs to disable CPU and whatnot, send me a PM or email me directly at my username at gmail, I should be at my PC for a while longer; but there are notes in the top post of that thread, as well as examples of editing the configs in a reply below it.
Pages:
Jump to: