Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 14. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
I mined for a few minutes with 6x 1060 6gb and I got with zenemy 1.08 around 75-80Mh/s
Activity: 85
Merit: 6
Is anyone mining LUX with 1060/70s? If so, what are your hashrates?
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
The reaction of the big Cryptonight coins was very important and encouraging for decentralised GPU mining in general. Look at how many algos that used to be nVidia world have been crushed by Asics over the last 6 months.

6 RX570 can yield close to 80% of the profit 6 1080Ti's will give you today. For a third of the price!

Yeah, I'm in total agreement with you on this. Right now the only Nvidia-dominant coin I mine is ZenCash, but at the end of May a large fraction of mining rewards are going to be diverted to paying out on super/secure nodes, and I rather suspect I will stop mining it then. Maybe something else comes along that looks interesting, but as of now I am leaning towards selling almost all of my Nvidia cards while I can still get a halfway decent price for them and plowing the proceeds into more RX 560s and RX 570s.

It’s not an awful idea to sell nvidia while you can , one thing that I’ve always found annoying with the rx cards is bios flashing. I’ve become accustomed to nvidia and not needing to tweak bios and it’s a great place to be
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
The reaction of the big Cryptonight coins was very important and encouraging for decentralised GPU mining in general. Look at how many algos that used to be nVidia world have been crushed by Asics over the last 6 months.

6 RX570 can yield close to 80% of the profit 6 1080Ti's will give you today. For a third of the price!

Yeah, I'm in total agreement with you on this. Right now the only Nvidia-dominant coin I mine is ZenCash, but at the end of May a large fraction of mining rewards are going to be diverted to paying out on super/secure nodes, and I rather suspect I will stop mining it then. Maybe something else comes along that looks interesting, but as of now I am leaning towards selling almost all of my Nvidia cards while I can still get a halfway decent price for them and plowing the proceeds into more RX 560s and RX 570s.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
So whats the current opinion from more experienced miners about buying more  gpu rigs with 1080ti,go for it or wait for new model to come out in shops?Or play it safe and dont expand at all untill we see in wich direction will crypto go?
Currently I wouldn't buy anything nVidia. Not only is the next gen right around the corner, but the profitable algos have swayed back to AMD territory and ASICs are pounding nVidia land.

RX570/580's have come back down in price. They're (again) king of the hill in hash/dollar terms.
Dont you think that bitmain wont kill rx mining to with thier asics soon enough while nvidia might have some breathing space thx to equihash and x16r or if rx mining dies same thing happens with nvidia thx to milions of amd cards in mines?I guess that we need green algo before expanding Undecided

Activity: 476
Merit: 278
So whats the current opinion from more experienced miners about buying more  gpu rigs with 1080ti,go for it or wait for new model to come out in shops?Or play it safe and dont expand at all untill we see in wich direction will crypto go?
Currently I wouldn't buy anything nVidia. Not only is the next gen right around the corner, but the profitable algos have swayed back to AMD territory and ASICs are pounding nVidia land.

RX570/580's have come back down in price. They're (again) king of the hill in hash/dollar terms.
Dont you think that bitmain wont kill rx mining to with thier asics soon enough while nvidia might have some breathing space thx to equihash and x16r or if rx mining dies same thing happens with nvidia thx to milions of amd cards in mines?I guess that we need green algo before expanding Undecided
Thanks citronick for your tip about zealot miner on PHI. Although smOS got updated with that, I just missed that. I just switched right now and will keep it under monitoring for a while. I was using ccminer 2.2.5.

Please update if Pickaxe is doing better than Yiimp on your side. I see it has much more miners, but most important is the revenue Smiley

LE: A lot better with zenemy 1.08. Before (ccminer 2.2.5) was having 155-162 Mh/s at 150W PL, now I'm having around 172-173 Mh/s. Yey!

I have been on pickaxe since 4:00 pm Est yesterday. So we can call that 17 hours. My earnings up until
Now are on par with my yiimp earnings when the pool had the payouts we expected.

I’ll report back at the 24 hour mark to make sure it is about where I expected it to Be

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

Activity: 476
Merit: 278
Thanks citronick for your tip about zealot miner on PHI. Although smOS got updated with that, I just missed that. I just switched right now and will keep it under monitoring for a while. I was using ccminer 2.2.5.

Please update if Pickaxe is doing better than Yiimp on your side. I see it has much more miners, but most important is the revenue Smiley

LE: A lot better with zenemy 1.08. Before (ccminer 2.2.5) was having 155-162 Mh/s at 150W PL, now I'm having around 172-173 Mh/s. Yey!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Yiimp is finding really hard Lux.. only 5 in the last 12 hours.. not getting as supposed. Sad

looks like similar results with zpool

Its a matter of time ocminer may setup his pool and draw the crowd.

I am still at yiimp.eu because the pool has 20GH/s of hash power -- frankly, the other pools are quite pathetic...

I think BSOD has the most hash... they were over 50% at one point.  The Lux community wants to spread the hash around and I moved to Pickaxe... quite pleased with this pool.

Yeah.... BSOD has huge Lux pool - missed this one.

Will try Pickaxe too

Activity: 700
Merit: 294
Yiimp is finding really hard Lux.. only 5 in the last 12 hours.. not getting as supposed. Sad

I am still at yiimp.eu because the pool has 20GH/s of hash power -- frankly, the other pools are quite pathetic...

I think BSOD has the most hash... they were over 50% at one point.  The Lux community wants to spread the hash around and I moved to Pickaxe... quite pleased with this pool.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I have all my available 1080tis at yiimp currently, and also my buddy's VEGA rig that he dropped off today for CN7 upgrading (I sold my VEGAs to him awhile back).... PHI and CN seems to share the same mining properties ie. high core/low mem but I couldn't keep the VEGA watts down even using the same powertables for CN7/XMR. The 8 x VEGA64s is currently blazing at 32-34MH/s per GPU at i=21 but draws almost 200w per GPU!

For best results, try:

NVIDIA-1080tis
zealot/enemy-1.08
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35416662
https://mega.nz/#!5WACFRTT!tV1vUsFdBIDqCzBrcMoXVR2G9YHD6xqct5QB2nBiuzM
Also available at SMOS/Linux

AMD/Vega/RX
sgminer-phi-5.6.1-bitbandi-3-windows-amd64
https://github.com/216k155/sgminer-phi1612-Implemented/releases

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

I was mining ZEN but switched to Prohashing.com and convert Script, X11, SHA256 and Equihash to BTC, Zen and a few more coins. I think this is the best strategy for now suitable for my group, leveraging BTC current value and accumulate key alts while there are still cheap.

Do you have any Avalon miners pointed at Prohashing?  I couldn't for the life of me to get them to work with a space in the password field.  They would never start hashing.  If I just put a=sha-256 in the password field it mines fine.  But if I put in a=sha-256 n=avalon it would never start mining.  Anything with a space in the password field makes it choke.  I even tried to put it in quotes with no luck.

yeah.... a=sha-256 only at the pwd field ~ according to the Sokolowski brothers who runs PH, the backend is quite complex and for now their priority to get SHA-256 mining stable first.

That's what I thought.  Makes tracking miners harder, but oh well.  Thanks for the confirmation.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/21t-900w-innosilicon-blake256-d9-decredmaster-383t-1380w-s11-siamaster-3345156

I am fighting with them on this thread  as they simply have a different business style then I do.

But if you have a bank  that will transfer them the money  I think an s11 is worth it.

It's a shame they charge so much extra to use crypto otherwise I might have picked one up but it also looks like it's sold out now too.  Oh well.

pm sent

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

Saw this thread too. Amazing work by devs but too bad tho it only works for ethash. Even if it gets your ETHlarges your 1080/1080tis to 52+MH/s it's still won't matter much because there are still other coins/algos that are more profitable. Or am i missing something here?

this must be utilizing the gddr5x memory to its full potential...

I remember when people are saying the HBM memory in fury and nano aren't worth it..and then it became good at equihash..

now i also remember when people are saying 1080/1080ti gddr5x are not worth it because gddr5 is king...now devs know how to harness gddr5x full power...we'll see  Cool
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I was mining ZEN but switched to Prohashing.com and convert Script, X11, SHA256 and Equihash to BTC, Zen and a few more coins. I think this is the best strategy for now suitable for my group, leveraging BTC current value and accumulate key alts while there are still cheap.

Do you have any Avalon miners pointed at Prohashing?  I couldn't for the life of me to get them to work with a space in the password field.  They would never start hashing.  If I just put a=sha-256 in the password field it mines fine.  But if I put in a=sha-256 n=avalon it would never start mining.  Anything with a space in the password field makes it choke.  I even tried to put it in quotes with no luck.

yeah.... a=sha-256 only at the pwd field ~ according to the Sokolowski brothers who runs PH, the backend is quite complex and for now their priority to get SHA-256 mining stable first.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Mine is good at nicehash cryptov7. After 4 days, I have only 5 rejected shares, so must be something on your end...

Aside from that, BCH is climbing very fast because of the upcoming fork I supose...

Didn't realize there was an incoming BCH fork. Anyway for those interested, here is a reference article:
https://www.inverse.com/article/44084-bitcoin-cash-hard-fork

To summarize what it says, basically BCH is upgrading its block size again from 8mb to 32mb. Man they do have some big issues with size. #overcompensating
Pages:
Jump to: