Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 88. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 1
January 18, 2018, 04:35:28 AM
Hey hows peoples experience with running AMD cards like the 570/580/Vegas on the Onda D8P motherboards, all I see is them running Nvidia.
I want to know since AMD cards, unlike Nvidia, pull a lot of juice through the PCIe slots, so if anyone's done an 8 card build and its running stable, I'd love to hear about it, maybe see some pictures.

I have the onda 6 board not the 8 but it has been running flawless for about 2 months now. I have 4 x vega56 and 2 x rx570 on it. Only thing I had to do was patch the drivers on the 570's after bios flash.
9000h/s @ 700w.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
January 18, 2018, 03:30:06 AM
Hey hows peoples experience with running AMD cards like the 570/580/Vegas on the Onda D8P motherboards, all I see is them running Nvidia.
I want to know since AMD cards, unlike Nvidia, pull a lot of juice through the PCIe slots, so if anyone's done an 8 card build and its running stable, I'd love to hear about it, maybe see some pictures.

Been running 8 RX570 for over 3 weeks now , rock stable both windows and Linux , pulling around 800W for ETN and 1000-1050W for ETH . keeping it on ETN for the past two weeks because i have no forced ventilation yet .
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
January 18, 2018, 02:25:17 AM
Wow has ETH been on a wild ride!  Was watching it all day yesterday... topping out at about $1,230 on GDAX (I broke down and sold 1 at just over $1,200 lol). Then overnight, it crashed all the way down under $980, only to quickly rebound and now be right at the $1,150 mark and possibly headed over $1,200 again.  Thanks to this latest bump, my rx 470's are netting over $3/day... something I never would have thought possible, even 3 months ago!  Granted, it's nowhere near the close to $10/day on the higher end GTX cards, but hopefully i will get on that train very soon.

Hey GabryRox

Which coin(s) give this kind of return cira $10/day?
I have a single 1080 Ti for now
I have attempted XVG ($7/day) ETH ($4/day) SC ($0.5/day) DCRED ($0.5/day)
Pascal, LBRY look to yield the same poor profits sub $1

I have yet to try ZEC, ETC or XMR

Thanks a lot in advance

Have a look at MUN coin.
Dont mine it myself, but its often near the top of the calculators and currently estimating 15/day
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 02:04:55 AM
Wow has ETH been on a wild ride!  Was watching it all day yesterday... topping out at about $1,230 on GDAX (I broke down and sold 1 at just over $1,200 lol). Then overnight, it crashed all the way down under $980, only to quickly rebound and now be right at the $1,150 mark and possibly headed over $1,200 again.  Thanks to this latest bump, my rx 470's are netting over $3/day... something I never would have thought possible, even 3 months ago!  Granted, it's nowhere near the close to $10/day on the higher end GTX cards, but hopefully i will get on that train very soon.

Hey GabryRox

Which coin(s) give this kind of return cira $10/day?
I have a single 1080 Ti for now
I have attempted XVG ($7/day) ETH ($4/day) SC ($0.5/day) DCRED ($0.5/day)
Pascal, LBRY look to yield the same poor profits sub $1

I have yet to try ZEC, ETC or XMR

Thanks a lot in advance
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 17, 2018, 11:53:25 PM
okay I am building a rig for a guy using the b250 version 1  onda.

he wants windows. and I loaded windows 10 did the up date loaded nvidia drivers booted and I am at black screen.

pissed to say the least.  any guess at what to do next.

I tried a few tricks but going nowhere fast here.

Hi Phil, I put windows on the Onda B250 you sent me this past Sunday.  I played around a lot changing bios settings, got a black and then a grey screen.  I was connected to an Nvidia card, not to the internal GPU.  I was also connected to the network.  I ended up hitting the clear CMOS button by the 2 USB ports.  That at least got me to the screen where I could enter the bios settings again.  This time I think I only changed PCIe speeds from max to Gen1.  Rebooted, loaded windows from a USB stick, install went fine.   I'll check over the weekend, but I am pretty sure I did not enable the 4G option, which you have to do on Asus Z270 boards.  Can check all the other settings as well and I will report back.

But bottom line, same exact board and Windows is running fine.  For memory I used the G.Skills stick that either you or someone else on here posted the link to NewEgg.

phil, here are some shots of my onda b250 d8p v1 bios, its running win10pro

display is running off the igpu (the boards HDMI plug), cards have nothing plugged into them.

https://i.imgur.com/7J3nPzi.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/icq2Wua.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Nz5Fssv.jpg?1

let me know if you need something specific you want shots of

I got it to work  thanks
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
January 17, 2018, 09:10:59 PM
Escrow makes sense, but using poor Phil as the escrow agent sounds awfully burdensome for him!

My Escrow Dapp is the perfect solution:  http://escrowmyether.com/

When the buyer confirms he received his goods (in this case, once USD or other coins reached his address/account), he can automatically release funds (ETH) in the Dapp. He can also initiate the transaction in the Dapp. All these can be down without going through the escrow agent, just put escrow agent's address in the correct field. The escrow agent only needs to be involved when a dispute occurs.

I escrowed for 9.74eth so far and only one of the transactions required my intervention. All other transactions were initiated and fund released without me taking any action.

If you'd like, you can use my address , details in sig. Also, anyone can be an escrow agent on the platform, just update your name and fee and advertise your service.

Hah, seek and ye shall find! Ingenious service, are you planning on supporting any more coins in the future? ZEN and/or ZEC would be a natural for escrow service and have low transaction fees.

Ah the smart contracts can be written on the Ethereum platform only, but should also work on ETC. The transaction fees are problematic indeed, when it launched it costs less than a cent to create an escrow transaction using 0.5Gwei price. Now it's $2-5 depending on the network congestion.

It can be written for ERC20 tokens. A useful one will be DAI, a token that's pegged to 1 USD.

The Dapp has been used for OTC coin trades in the past. Here's a 4.5 Eth transaction for Boscoin (Click convert to ascii below): https://etherscan.io/tx/0xfe9139faf2c227d743d599259237ac6479d8267354145115a274a76534997ec8
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 17, 2018, 07:55:14 PM

he wants windows. and I loaded windows 10 did the up date loaded nvidia drivers booted and I am at black screen.

Hi Phil, I put windows on the Onda B250 you sent me this past Sunday.  I played around a lot changing bios settings, got a black and then a grey screen.  I was connected to an Nvidia card, not to the internal GPU.  I was also connected to the network.  I ended up hitting the clear CMOS button by the 2 USB ports.  That at least got me to the screen where I could enter the bios settings again.  This time I think I only changed PCIe speeds from max to Gen1.  Rebooted, loaded windows from a USB stick, install went fine.   I'll check over the weekend, but I am pretty sure I did not enable the 4G option, which you have to do on Asus Z270 boards.  Can check all the other settings as well and I will report back.

But bottom line, same exact board and Windows is running fine.  For memory I used the G.Skills stick that either you or someone else on here posted the link to NewEgg.

phil, here are some shots of my onda b250 d8p v1 bios, its running win10pro

display is running off the igpu (the boards HDMI plug), cards have nothing plugged into them.

https://i.imgur.com/7J3nPzi.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/icq2Wua.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Nz5Fssv.jpg?1

let me know if you need something specific you want shots of
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
January 17, 2018, 07:52:32 PM

The onda board i got from you in December I had windows on it. I always had monitor in onboard hdmi. Never to a video card
Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
January 17, 2018, 07:28:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 17, 2018, 07:14:26 PM

not all amd, mine is mixed: i have 2x470s and a 460 on my d8p (other cards are 2x1080ti, 1070ti, 1070)

runs fine, fwiw

legendary
January 17, 2018, 06:36:52 PM

I had to reboot after adding the drivers.  I had connected a monitor to the on-board HDMI to start with.  Have you tried removing the card(s) and seeing if you can boot with the on board video?

okay I had loaded every thing using the onboard video.

booted and got black screen I will try your idea
Activity: 58
January 17, 2018, 06:33:05 PM

I had to reboot after adding the drivers.  I had connected a monitor to the on-board HDMI to start with.  Have you tried removing the card(s) and seeing if you can boot with the on board video?
legendary
January 17, 2018, 06:20:11 PM

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
January 17, 2018, 04:53:38 PM
Activity: 50
January 17, 2018, 04:24:09 PM
Got the Onda 8 GPU mobo up and running.  Really pleased with how easily this all went together.  Just need to make or buy a frame or a case.  Also considering doubling up.  Was just doing 4 cards per rig, might add another 4 to this.

http://infotime.com/images/Onda_8_GPU_mobo_build_test.png

Good to hear, thanks for the update!  Got 2 boards on order.  Looking forward to building a rig with this board!!
Activity: 58
January 17, 2018, 04:14:45 PM
Got the Onda 8 GPU mobo up and running.  Really pleased with how easily this all went together.  Just need to make or buy a frame or a case.  Also considering doubling up.  Was just doing 4 cards per rig, might add another 4 to this.

http://infotime.com/images/Onda_8_GPU_mobo_build_test.png
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
January 17, 2018, 02:50:59 PM
Interesting read:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/satori-botnet-is-now-attacking-ethereum-mining-rigs/

Anybody using Claymore to mine eth should change the port ethman listens on and/or limit the ip addresses that can access that port.  I don't think it is just people leaving their rigs exposed on the internet too because it sounds like they target other IoT devices first to get access to your internal systems.

I think I experienced an attack already. I saw a bunch of errors saying something along the lines of "Connection refused, port 10048 not available", which was odd because I did not specify a remote monitoring port. Just to be safe I stopped the miner and added the switch "-mport 0" to all my batch files that use Claymore (ETH, MUSIC & UBQ). Haven't seen the error since, though I also haven't been doing much Ethash mining, either.

Activity: 420
Merit: 184
January 17, 2018, 02:47:37 PM
Escrow makes sense, but using poor Phil as the escrow agent sounds awfully burdensome for him!

My Escrow Dapp is the perfect solution:  http://escrowmyether.com/

When the buyer confirms he received his goods (in this case, once USD or other coins reached his address/account), he can automatically release funds (ETH) in the Dapp. He can also initiate the transaction in the Dapp. All these can be down without going through the escrow agent, just put escrow agent's address in the correct field. The escrow agent only needs to be involved when a dispute occurs.

I escrowed for 9.74eth so far and only one of the transactions required my intervention. All other transactions were initiated and fund released without me taking any action.

If you'd like, you can use my address , details in sig. Also, anyone can be an escrow agent on the platform, just update your name and fee and advertise your service.

Hah, seek and ye shall find! Ingenious service, are you planning on supporting any more coins in the future? ZEN and/or ZEC would be a natural for escrow service and have low transaction fees.
legendary
January 17, 2018, 02:34:52 PM
Phil - I'm not sure if this is against rules in your thread, but

if anyone is looking to sell some coin, I am looking to buy.  Went to try CB today and they wanted to hit me with like $70 in fee's, so no thank you on that front.

I escrow gear sales not coin sales.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
January 17, 2018, 02:19:53 PM
Interesting read:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/satori-botnet-is-now-attacking-ethereum-mining-rigs/

Anybody using Claymore to mine eth should change the port ethman listens on and/or limit the ip addresses that can access that port.  I don't think it is just people leaving their rigs exposed on the internet too because it sounds like they target other IoT devices first to get access to your internal systems.
Pages:
Jump to: