Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 86. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
January 19, 2018, 05:57:51 PM
Thanks alot for your help citronick.

Cheers W_M
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
January 19, 2018, 05:41:28 PM
Hi, what is the best BIOS for ONDA D1800 BTC V.1.00 original mobo without VGA Output? I need the BIOS that work with smOS/hiveOS on USBKey.

Thanks in advance W_M

All my D1800 works out of the box with SMOS on USB3 stick
No messing with BIOS firmware and BIOS settings

@GabryRox
I use EWBF -- pretty good and stable in SMOS.
Slient Army is quite old.
NH has their own Equihash miner but its slower than EWBF and dstm.
There are new versions on EWBF and dstm  - if you are using Windows.

My group has almost 400 GPUs in the RX farm - post ETH mining - now mining Monero at Nanopool / Cryptonite at NH.
If I can turn back time, I would have a warehouse full of 1070s for ETH mining, any day - its stable, cool, easy to manage watts consumption.

Thanks Citronick! Appreciate the feedback! For EWBF, the latest version i found was v0.3.4b, released on June 24 '17 here:

https://github.com/nanopool/ewbf-miner/releases

Is that what you are using on your rigs?

smOS/ewbf 0.3.4b

Win10/DSTM 0.5.7

You can do some reading at http://www.zcashbenchmarks.info/ to find what GPUs works best with what miner

My NVIDIA farm is heavy on ZOTAC and a few Gigabyte and EVGAs.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
January 19, 2018, 05:32:36 PM
Hi, what is the best BIOS for ONDA D1800 BTC V.1.00 original mobo without VGA Output? I need the BIOS that work with smOS/hiveOS on USBKey.

Thanks in advance W_M

@GabryRox

My group has almost 400 GPUs in the RX farm - post ETH mining - now mining Monero at Nanopool / Cryptonite at NH.
If I can turn back time, I would have a warehouse full of 1070s for ETH mining, any day - its stable, cool, easy to manage watts consumption.

Thanks Citronick! Appreciate the feedback! For EWBF, the latest version i found was v0.3.4b, released on June 24 '17 here:

https://github.com/nanopool/ewbf-miner/releases

Is that what you are using on your rigs?
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 05:26:08 PM
I recommend EWBF. It's stable and runs very good.
For other algos, go for ccminer.
January 19, 2018, 05:24:59 PM
Any of you guys mine nist5 using smos ? Care to share the miner string ?

ccminerAlexis78.exe -a nist5 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.poolofd32th.club:3833 -u MyBWKaddyHereBitch -p $rigName

thanks

oh  first video up on the autominer.at gear
and second and third

big improvement with msi afterburner tweak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-0nlCWXAf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BobJrsFuSNA

https://youtu.be/9a5zXdRMxxc

looks really nice.  WILL YOU BE SELLING OFF GEAR TO KEEP IT?

YES I will be selling  a lot of gear over the month of Jan.

Phil... can you give us an idea of what you will have up for sale and when? I've been very pleased with my purchases from you in the past so  hoping we can do business again as I am looking to build out a few rigs in the next month or so.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
January 19, 2018, 05:17:12 PM

Thanks in advance W_M

@GabryRox

January 19, 2018, 05:15:52 PM
Thanks to everyone here who helped me get my 1070ti rig up and running. Let's just say that I have been very pleasantly surprised by the extreme ease of setup and use of these Nvidia GPUs! Makes me kick myself for waiting so long to branch out from AMD.

I've had this rig running on ETH+DCR for a few days without 1 single crash or issue. I know that ETH is not the best use for these but wanted to try it out with a miner/coin i was very familiar with out of the gate.

Now that I know it's super stable, I was about to start mining ZClassic via MPH. But, I just realized that Claymore's Equihash miner is AMD-only, so I would like to ask for some recommendations for good Nvidia miners.  

The 3 I have seen mentioned are EWBF, Silent Army, and Nicehash (I am not using NH is that makes a difference)... so was wondering what your experiences have been with these 3 and any others. Thanks!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
January 19, 2018, 05:15:40 PM
I mine nist, skunk and a couple others using the Nicehash  dashboard (nvidia is new to me)

When I watch the screen, seems like i switch algo's a LOT.

So ..

1) is there an advantage to direct mining an algo at Nicehash (I do this with a few v56's).  I mean other than the direct software wont switch, (lets say I use the Nice dashboard and just select Nist), does the dashboard hash less versus direct.

2) Is there a way to count how often Nice switches me between coins every day?

you can single select  just one algo with nicehash

I have nicehash loaded into 3 folders

NH1 ------ nist5
NH2 ------ zcash
NH3 ------ cryptonight

I manually shift.
I suspect more clever ways to control shift times  are in the advanced section of the software in the config file.  If I could have it auto check 1 time each 2 hours  I would try that.

If you use the Windows NH Legacy miner... there is an option to open the console mode.

I often use this console to see how NH uses miner parameters and switches - I dont personally use NH Legacy but use/copy their command strings to manually mine into NH algos.

In the console, you can also see the switching algorithm in action where it will poll NH marketplace and determines which algos has best payout rate (ie. payrate determined by how much renters are willing to buy hash)

I think you can set the "check rates" intervals - at the moment, it checks every 5 minutes if not mistaken.

Currently my NVIDIA farm is mining NIST5 and Neoscrypt at NH. When the Giant-Bs comes online, they will sell LBRY hash at NH, unless profitability drops, I will enable the GiantB's NH auto-algo-switch which is built into Baikal menu.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 05:12:14 PM

ccminerAlexis78.exe -a nist5 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.poolofd32th.club:3833 -u MyBWKaddyHereBitch -p $rigName

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.

Would like to mine it on nicehash using smos. Anyone out there doing that ?

-a NIST5 -o stratum+tcp://nist5.hk.nicehash.com:3340 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p x

Use any of the ccminer at smos -- hopefully smos include alexis ccminer version soon, which is fastest ccminer variant in mining NIST5

10180tis best for NIST5

For non-1080tis, neoscrypt is most profitable currently.

Good fucking luck, been asking for it for I don't know, 8 months now?

No offense to anyone using smos... FUCK SMOS.
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001
January 19, 2018, 05:03:48 PM

Thanks in advance W_M
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
January 19, 2018, 04:24:25 PM

-a NIST5 -o stratum+tcp://nist5.hk.nicehash.com:3340 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p x

Use any of the ccminer at smos -- hopefully smos include alexis ccminer version soon, which is fastest ccminer variant in mining NIST5

10180tis best for NIST5

Thanks for sharing your SMOS string - I appreciate it.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
Anyone running a 7th Gen 1151 processor in the Onda boards?  I assume there should be no issue with a 7th Gen processor in these boards?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 19, 2018, 03:38:42 PM
I mine nist, skunk and a couple others using the Nicehash  dashboard (nvidia is new to me)

So ..

1) is there an advantage to direct mining an algo at Nicehash (I do this with a few v56's).  I mean other than the direct software wont switch, (lets say I use the Nice dashboard and just select Nist), does the dashboard hash less versus direct.

you can single select  just one algo with nicehash

I have nicehash loaded into 3 folders

NH1 ------ nist5
NH2 ------ zcash
NH3 ------ cryptonight

I manually shift.
I suspect more clever ways to control shift times  are in the advanced section of the software in the config file.  If I could have it auto check 1 time each 2 hours  I would try that.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
January 19, 2018, 09:36:17 AM

So ..

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
January 19, 2018, 05:11:53 AM
Just thought I would add my thoughts and experience of the Onda D1800 BTC 6 GPU riserless board with integrated CPU.

Free delivery from China to the UK took just under 1 month, so as expected really. The price for express postage was pretty steep for just one board so I thought I would just wait a bit longer. Price was £96 which I think is really good, but there was an offer on at the time and the seller I bought from no longer has stock.

The board it self looks to be good quality, includes one short yellow sata cable with a 90 and straight connector. Two things of note, the GPU spacing is a little closer than I was expecting. Cooling for me is fine at the moment as its winter and the ambient of 5c in my garage really helps! I've wedged my Asus Dual cards apart as I don't have any GPU support at the moment and the fans might touch the back of the adjacent card. For summer I would like to support the GPUs to keep the spacing uniform and also to mount some fans along the back of the cards to pull out heat.

The second thing is the stamp on the board reads Onda D1800 BTC Ver:1.00, however a sticker between the last two PCIE slots containing the serial no. reads Onda D1800 BTC Ver:2.00. I'm more likely to believe the sticker so I think this is the version 2 board. I also note the advert I bought from showed photos without a VGA port, but mine does have a VGA port which I prefer.

For the power supply I am using an ATX PSU, EVGA 750w GQ - note other have had issues which lead to returning them so I won't buy any more. I have 2x molex connected on one branch, 1x molex with sata adapter and 1x sata connected on another branch, then the remaining 2 sata connectors on one branch each. Ideally I wouldn't have used the sata adapter but I feel its better to use that than 3x molex from one branch.

For graphics cards I am currently using 3x 1060 3gb and plan to get 3 more. Variants are 2x Asus Dual and 1x Asus Phoenix mini card. The PSU has 6x 6+2 PCIE connectors so that works out well.

Setup was an absolute breeze, I just plugged in all the power cables, 4gb 1600mhz 1.35v DDR3L sodimm stick, dropped in all 3 GPUs, plugged in a USB stick with SMOS on it, ethernet and monitor to the HDMI on the first GPU (should have used the on board VGA). Turned on the power switch on the PSU and the motherboard beeped, then sprung in to life. GPU fans fired up 30s later so assumed it was starting to mine. I didn't get any display on the screen from the HDMI on the first GPU, so tried the other GPUs but no dice. I then plugged in to the on board VGA and bingo, there was SMOS console mining away happily!

I didn't need to do any BIOS update or tweak any settings, literally just plug and play. You cant ask for better than that! Logged on to my SMOS account, set up the worker name and overclocks to +100 core, +350 mem, power at 80w and 60% minimum fan with 70c target. This gives me 270-280 sols per 1060 3gb on DSTM equihash, pointed at Nicehash for now.

Power draw when mining is 265w, very good I think, assuming 80w per card that's 25w system power draw.

Temps with 5c ambient and no additional fans were 55c for the back card Asus Dual (worst airflow), 45c for the middle card Asus Dual, and 37c for the front card Asus Phoenix mini.

Overall impressions is very good, I will be looking to buy more for expansion when £££ permits Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 19, 2018, 03:28:59 AM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28452733

Short form - got my ASUS blower model 1070 ti card in, not real impressed but it's good enough I'll consider buying more.
 Runs 5C or so COOLER than that MSI blower junk card, probably due to the cooler design as they appear to use IDENTICAL fans, but it's a hair low on hashrate at the same settings as any of my other 1070 ti cards (including the MSI).

legendary
January 19, 2018, 01:05:24 AM

10180tis best for NIST5

I will run a nist5 against a zec  at this address

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/146UJM5kgzLVUV23CXCf33KQKHckoX1gx3

identical 2x 1080 ti's set at

160 watts tdp
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
January 19, 2018, 12:35:40 AM

thanks

and second and third

Thanks Phil, nice unit!
4-5K EUR is a pretty reasonable price for these right now, but they might jack up the prices if the GPU shortage continues.

Very nice results with the tweaks in the third video. Smiley  Good efficiency and I'd not be bothered by that noise level at all, even in a living room it would be fine for our household anyways.

What are the GPU temps like after running it 24 hours?
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
January 18, 2018, 11:21:41 PM

thanks

and second and third

Thanks Phil, nice unit!
4-5K EUR is a pretty reasonable price for these right now, but they might jack up the prices if the GPU shortage continues.
legendary
January 18, 2018, 10:05:44 PM

thanks

and second and third

looks really nice.  WILL YOU BE SELLING OFF GEAR TO KEEP IT?

YES I will be selling  a lot of gear over the month of Jan.
Pages:
Jump to: