Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 97. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 305
Merit: 148
Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!
January 13, 2018, 02:16:56 PM

Never heard of minerparts.  Looks like a a bunch of old stock items.  I would just get Mintcell v006c 6pin powered risers.  I use about 80 of these and never had an issue besides the insulator foam falling off.  https://www.amazon.com/MintCell-6-Pack-Powered-Adapter-Extension/dp/B06ZY2R85P/  I think he has a store on newegg too.  Just make sure you are buying from Mintcell and not a clone.

When that black foam falls off, spray it with 3M high-strength 90 spray adhesive.  Position it back underneath the riser, put a book or something with some weight on the riser, leave it for a few hours.  It will stay on after that.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
January 13, 2018, 01:40:10 PM
Anyone have the Sense home energy monitor?

https://sense.com/

I'm thinking about getting one.
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
January 13, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

XMR-Stak is a weird program, in my (very limited) experience. The first time you run the executable it prompts for wallet address, pool/port, etc., then generates a few files that are specific to your CPU and GPU(s). Don't copy these files to a new machine and expect it to run properly, especially if you change GPU teams (ie - from red to green or vice versa). Also note that Cryptonight/Cryptonote miners seem really benefit from having "Large Memory Pages" enabled in Windows 10 - and run as an administrator to take advantage of such.

By default XMR-Stak uses both the CPU and all GPUs to mine, and yes, Ryzens can dish out a surprising amount of hashpower; my Ryzen 5 1600 is humming along at better than 400 H/s right now (using Claymore CPU miner 3.9, but got nearly identical results from the CPU portion of XMR-Stak) mining one Cryptonight coin while the RX 570 in this computer is mining another coin at 724 H/s (using a newcomer, AMD XMR Miner v0.65b https://www.amdxmrminer.com/ - highly recommended if you don't want to use your CPU to mine, or use it to mine a separate coin like me).

You may feed XMR-STACK with command-line options for wallet address, pool/port, etc. if you are making some massive deployment. And if you are not using some obsolete GPU you will have good chances to get optimal performance settingth automatically. Large memory pages can nearly double CPU hashing performance not only in Windows but in Linux also. My old I7-3770K get stable 270 H/s without any OC with Large pages enabled. You can expect even more if you have CPU that features big L4 cache.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
January 13, 2018, 07:15:14 AM
Question for you AMD Gurus out there - I've never owned one, just always went with the newest i7's for my desktops -

I upgraded my trading computer to a Ryzen 7 with an ASRock X370 Killer. Threw in 2 watercooled 1080 Ti's in it that's it.

So I go and run XMR stack, and it's showing hash for AMD card along with the CPU's... wtf?? I have no idea why this is if anyone can let me know how this is even possible that would be awesome. It's also valid on the pool side as well, since I was thinking maybe it's just glitching out on my local side.

Anyways, not complaining, just saying it's kind of crazy. It can't be the 1080 Ti's since I have the cuda backend deleted as well.

XMR-Stak is a weird program, in my (very limited) experience. The first time you run the executable it prompts for wallet address, pool/port, etc., then generates a few files that are specific to your CPU and GPU(s). Don't copy these files to a new machine and expect it to run properly, especially if you change GPU teams (ie - from red to green or vice versa). Also note that Cryptonight/Cryptonote miners seem really benefit from having "Large Memory Pages" enabled in Windows 10 - and run as an administrator to take advantage of such.

By default XMR-Stak uses both the CPU and all GPUs to mine, and yes, Ryzens can dish out a surprising amount of hashpower; my Ryzen 5 1600 is humming along at better than 400 H/s right now (using Claymore CPU miner 3.9, but got nearly identical results from the CPU portion of XMR-Stak) mining one Cryptonight coin while the RX 570 in this computer is mining another coin at 724 H/s (using a newcomer, AMD XMR Miner v0.65b https://www.amdxmrminer.com/ - highly recommended if you don't want to use your CPU to mine, or use it to mine a separate coin like me).

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
January 13, 2018, 05:29:15 AM
I am  fully riser free.. Thanks to my Seller Sidonia on aliababa .

I am running 6 slot and 8 slot boards with zero risers.

I'm actually mining on a personal gaming computer so a riser to separate my four cards from each other is the best option for me currently I think.

If you need some risers that ship from the USA, I'd go with these guys. They are a safe and reliable source in our experience.

https://minerparts.com/

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Never heard of minerparts.  Looks like a a bunch of old stock items.  I would just get Mintcell v006c 6pin powered risers.  I use about 80 of these and never had an issue besides the insulator foam falling off.  https://www.amazon.com/MintCell-6-Pack-Powered-Adapter-Extension/dp/B06ZY2R85P/  I think he has a store on newegg too.  Just make sure you are buying from Mintcell and not a clone.
Activity: 10
January 13, 2018, 02:16:18 AM

I'm actually mining on a personal gaming computer so a riser to separate my four cards from each other is the best option for me currently I think.

If you need some risers that ship from the USA, I'd go with these guys. They are a safe and reliable source in our experience.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
January 13, 2018, 01:54:26 AM
Couldn't find any threads about these on here. Anyone get these and have good luck with them?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACJR6MS2022&ignorebbr=1

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 13, 2018, 01:51:38 AM
Couldn't find any threads about these on here. Anyone get these and have good luck with them?

Activity: 10
January 13, 2018, 01:30:15 AM

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 01:29:45 AM
Question for you AMD Gurus out there - I've never owned one, just always went with the newest i7's for my desktops -

I upgraded my trading computer to a Ryzen 7 with an ASRock X370 Killer. Threw in 2 watercooled 1080 Ti's in it that's it.

So I go and run XMR stack, and it's showing hash for AMD card along with the CPU's... wtf?? I have no idea why this is if anyone can let me know how this is even possible that would be awesome. It's also valid on the pool side as well, since I was thinking maybe it's just glitching out on my local side.

Anyways, not complaining, just saying it's kind of crazy. It can't be the 1080 Ti's since I have the cuda backend deleted as well.

normal  it will do that.

I know some ways around it.

load nicehash amd legacy

mine the cpu to crypto night and do not check the gpu's

Ah I see it now - it's actually stealing 35% of my Mh/s from 1 of the 1080's.

Thanks Phil

unfortunately I can't change to cryptonite yet - I fucked up and started to mine on supportXMR and they have a .3 min. payout, I'm only @ .1 XMR right now. Such a pita but I have a bunch more Ryzen 7's coming for new builds, hopefully hit that .3 and change to a more profitable algo. So stupid of me.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 13, 2018, 01:14:51 AM

normal  it will do that.

I know some ways around it.

load nicehash amd legacy

mine the cpu to crypto night and do not check the gpu's
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 12:30:01 AM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
January 12, 2018, 06:49:29 PM
A two-fer.

I doubt that the 1050 ti uses the full 75 watts when mining Cryptonight - the 750 ti certainly didn't, it used more like 30-40 watts out of IT'S 75 watt TDP.

Yes, good point. Unfortunately, the 1050 Ti doesn't seem to report power use figures like its bigger brethren (or, at least, my Zotac mini doesn't), so the only way to tell is by looking at the difference in wattage of the whole system when mining vs. not mining, and that tends to bounce around by 20W or so anyway.

Well, no thanks to you slackers I can now answer my own question from earlier - the board is, indeed, a diminutive 195mm x 374mm. Surprisingly small, really. The PCIe slots are spaced 50mm apart so cooling of big cards with "impingement cooling"* might be challenged, if not marginal; cards with blowers should fare better.

That is narrower than the Aoris 1080 ti - forget trying to use a "2.5" or "3 slot" card in that motherboard AT ALL except in the one "end" slot, or on an "every other slot" basis.

It's very close to, or is the same, as standard "every other slot" spacing on common motherboards - even standard 2-slot wide blower cards are going to be airflow challenged.

Yet another good point - I just checked the spacing of another mobo that has 2 GTX 1060 in it - and which need an external fan blowing on them to keep temps under 65C - and the spacing is 6cm... Well, one can always use a bigger fan, I suppose.

most open air builds have fans pulling air away from the gpus
January 12, 2018, 06:42:52 PM
A two-fer.

I doubt that the 1050 ti uses the full 75 watts when mining Cryptonight - the 750 ti certainly didn't, it used more like 30-40 watts out of IT'S 75 watt TDP.

Yes, good point. Unfortunately, the 1050 Ti doesn't seem to report power use figures like its bigger brethren (or, at least, my Zotac mini doesn't), so the only way to tell is by looking at the difference in wattage of the whole system when mining vs. not mining, and that tends to bounce around by 20W or so anyway.

Well, no thanks to you slackers I can now answer my own question from earlier - the board is, indeed, a diminutive 195mm x 374mm. Surprisingly small, really. The PCIe slots are spaced 50mm apart so cooling of big cards with "impingement cooling"* might be challenged, if not marginal; cards with blowers should fare better.

That is narrower than the Aoris 1080 ti - forget trying to use a "2.5" or "3 slot" card in that motherboard AT ALL except in the one "end" slot, or on an "every other slot" basis.

It's very close to, or is the same, as standard "every other slot" spacing on common motherboards - even standard 2-slot wide blower cards are going to be airflow challenged.

Yet another good point - I just checked the spacing of another mobo that has 2 GTX 1060 in it - and which need an external fan blowing on them to keep temps under 65C - and the spacing is 6cm... Well, one can always use a bigger fan, I suppose.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 12, 2018, 05:32:30 PM

legendary
January 12, 2018, 05:26:25 PM
Guys, would like your opinion on the following please.

I'm going to help two work colleagues set up their first respective mining rigs next week (both identical 6x1080).
I'm struggling on what to set them up to mine, basically. As they have very little knowledge of the whole mining experience, the logical thing would be to get them an account on Nicehash and forget about it.

Unfortunately I don't like that option for 3 reasons:
- NH is taking massive fees
- They'd have to setup an account because mining to external addresses would just take ages for them to see their gains
- NH is not my friend anymore, generally, for well-known reasons

I could set them up with DSTM and mine ZEC, but they'd potentially be forfeiting 30-40% of potential earnings.

What do you reckon? Zpool equihash hub? Ahashpool Neoscrypt hub?

ZEC via Flypool has generally been close to Nicehash on earnings, also close to ZCL (but I don't know how well the pools for that coin work), and is a lot more widely traded than most of the "higher profit" coins that pop up briefly above it on profitablty.

legendary
January 12, 2018, 05:20:32 PM

HWInfo says my Ryzen 5 1600 draws an extra 52W while mining Cryptonight at ~400 H/s, while the TDP of the 1050 Ti is 75W, so the Ryzen wins in the hashes/W department as well.

But my point was more that the 1050 Ti really excels at Equihash so why use it on an algo it's only mediocre at like Cryptonight or Ethash?

But I do agree crunch the numbers on all (or at least most of the common) algorithms for a GPU before deciding if it's good, bad, or indifferent and WHAT to mine with it.

January 12, 2018, 02:38:15 PM

One other pertinent bit of info for those interested in getting a head-start on building a rack for this board is that it has (Cool total 4.0mm ID** mounting holes with the four on the top of the board spaced, from left to right, at 155mm between the 1st and 2nd holes, then 100mm between each of the others. Along the bottom of the board things are a little different. The spacing between holes going from left to right is the same as the upper row, but spacing between the top and bottom rows is 132mm for the 1st hole and 155mm for the rest.

* - the technical term for a fan blowing air directly against a heatsink, rather than across it.
** -  #6 or 6-32 for us Muricans
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 12, 2018, 02:34:47 PM
@cintronick - Help me understand how to choose a pool, please.  You mention Nannopool, but for some silly reason I chose Flypool.

Is it generally better to look for pools that have LESS or MORE workers?

I use Nanopool for XMR and ZEC if I want to mine direct -- otherwise the farm will sell hash at NH.

Nanopool is quite good because its has global nodes and can select nodes closest to my rigs.

So far so good... and the interface and reporting is quite accurate too.

I am sure Flypool is ok too - tried it once but I didn't stay long -- maybe they were too new at that time.

Definitely go for pools that has MORE workers -- its sad to see good pools struggling to get blocks.

Need to maximize your hash power, so a good pool needs awesome pool hashpower and plenty of blocks.

Flypool and ethermine have been around awhile and they have been stable reliable
I want to go back to nicehash but mining ethereum directly right now is nice for me
Activity: 50
January 12, 2018, 01:22:40 PM
Hi, thanks a lot for your previous help.
Do you know if this case 4W-6O (waikey/ENFOLD - 4U 6 GPU Mining Rig Case for Onda D1800-BTC Motherboard)  is available somewhere in Europe?

https://s14.postimg.org/5zbugqoe9/4_U-6-_GPU-_Mining-_Rig-_Case-for-_Onda-_D1800-_BTC-_Motherboard-1-1.jpg

Cheers W_M

I don't even know if that site is legit.  The phone numbers listed are fake....
Pages:
Jump to: