Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 99. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 11, 2018, 11:43:20 AM
Link the eBay add for the psu
January 11, 2018, 11:39:59 AM
^ Let's try something simple first. Did you press the power button in the breakout board?

Yes I did try that - fair question, which i should have included.

Perhaps I received a bad breakout board?  It's the part that I don't have several of to test.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 11, 2018, 10:53:51 AM
^ Let's try something simple first. Did you press the power button in the breakout board?
January 11, 2018, 10:39:01 AM
hi guys -I need some help.

I purchased several HP DPS-750RB A power supplies from eBay.  My goal was to plug these supplies into break out boards that I've purchased from Parallel Miner.

So I have the power supplies, and when I plug them in via 3 prong power cord I get no green light on the back of the power supply.  I've tried several power cords to connect these power supplies.

I have FOUR different HP DPS-750RB A power supplies, and 3 different power cords I've tried.  No combination of the gear has worked.

Anyone have any advice here?  Did i purchase the "wrong" type of server power supply?

I did some research already via google - I didn't find anything to helpful.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 08:45:30 AM
any news of custom vega 56 ?
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
January 11, 2018, 08:31:49 AM
Anyone else using 1050 TI's? they are one of the only cards that's actually available lately. . lol

Great Video Vosk, you have really grown in knowledge over the last year Smiley
And yeah, the 1050ti's are the only ones really available at somewhat reasonable prices, but I really want to know what memory are you folks getting? Are they all Samsung memory?
Because the last time I bought GTX 1060's in a big batch, ALL of them turned out to be Hynix, Zotac, Inno3D, Palit, MSI, Asus - the lot, everything was hynix.
The Current GPU Crunch, and the upcoming slowdown in production schedules owing to the Chinese New Year celebrations, mean the situation is not going to improve, so I want to stock up on GPU's.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
January 11, 2018, 07:23:41 AM
Hi I need some help with Onda D1800 BTC, the mobo arrived without bios battery, what kind of battery I have to use, Lithium CR2032 is the correct one? Is available the scheme to connect power button and status led to FP1 connector?

Thanks in advance W_M
CR2032 confirmed for Onda D1800. My seller actually informed me of the fact they were not allowed to include the battery in the package from China. Just buy one (costs next to nothing), plug it in and off you go!

yeah any of the bigger drug stores chains should have em (cvs, riteaid for example) if youre in a hurry.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
January 11, 2018, 06:47:53 AM
Hey guys sorry I've been so MIA lately T_T been trying to adjust after having my life/schedule flipped around last month (not a pity post, but seriously I miss being more active in this thread)

On a positive note I'm kind of impressed with the numbers the 1050 TI's put out for being old tech on equihash wi/ DSTM miner, these ASUS pulled ~190 sols @ 60 watts

I'm one of the many rooting for Tails!

The GTX 1050 Ti was my first mining GPU - because it was what was installed in my main desktop when I started. It didn't take me long to figure out that Equihash (and Neoscrypt - 460 H/s) are its strong points*. In fact, the Equihash performance - combined with not needing external PCIe power - makes it almost compelling. I would still be using it for Equihash except the fan went bad - new one on its way from China - and I have since bought an RX 570, (4) GTX 1060 3GB (chosen mainly because of availability), and a used GTX 1080 from a local store for the low-low price of MSRP...  Roll Eyes - Yes, I know Ethash is especially bad on the plain 1080, but it is an Equihash and Neoscrypt monster (it's churning out >1k H/s on the latter right now with just +300 on the memory clock).

* - Cryptonight performance, however, is especially terrible at around 385 H/s - my Ryzen 5 1600 is faster - while I could only manage about 13.4 MH/s with Ethash despite that this card has Samsung memory.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
January 11, 2018, 05:08:45 AM
Hi I need some help with Onda D1800 BTC, the mobo arrived without bios battery, what kind of battery I have to use, Lithium CR2032 is the correct one? Is available the scheme to connect power button and status led to FP1 connector?

Thanks in advance W_M
CR2032 confirmed for Onda D1800. My seller actually informed me of the fact they were not allowed to include the battery in the package from China. Just buy one (costs next to nothing), plug it in and off you go!
Activity: 58
January 11, 2018, 04:09:43 AM
My gear is set up in my unfinished basement, about 28 feet away from the breakers.  It's just where they ended up, near a workbench and where I had some portable shelving.

As I look to add new outlet(s) I was thinking I'd just put it next to the panel for now because it's easier.  I saw someone mention EMI and other interference when you travel some distance, and I'll be pulling about 4400 watts, so it might be nice not to have all that right over my desk (my desk is between the panel and my shelving / workbench.

Is it a good idea to locate your mining rigs and power outlets right next to the breaker panel? 
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 10, 2018, 08:42:26 PM
Hey guys sorry I've been so MIA lately T_T been trying to adjust after having my life/schedule flipped around last month (not a pity post, but seriously I miss being more active in this thread)

On a positive note I'm kind of impressed with the numbers the 1050 TI's put out for being old tech on equihash wi/ DSTM miner, these ASUS pulled ~190 sols @ 60 watts

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1050-ti-best-budget-gpu-or-bust-8x-gpu-rig-build-w-nvidia-1050-ti-zec-zen-zcl-2724055
my full post on it

Anyone else using 1050 TI's? they are one of the only cards that's actually available lately. . lol

1050 ti aren't old tech - SAME Pascal generation as the 1060 through 1080ti.

I won't bother with them due to the excessively low rig density, but they look to be a tolerable entry-level mining card for folks on a LOW budget, and they come in "low profile" options for folks with small cases that want to upgrade from older stuff.

On a different subject, I got a ".01" payment from Nicehash today - and noticed they changed their "payment policy" to "irregular" for small payments.
 Perhaps they are now going to cluster together the small payments to keep the fees under control?

You're right I shouldn't have worded it like that T_T /agree
Activity: 325
Merit: 110
January 10, 2018, 08:18:19 PM
On a different subject, I got a ".01" payment from Nicehash today - and noticed they changed their "payment policy" to "irregular" for small payments.
 Perhaps they are now going to cluster together the small payments to keep the fees under control?

Yes they paid me 0.076 BTC, 36 hours ago when BTC dropped in price. Nicehash fee was 5% 0.00385 - $57 or so. I assume this includes the bitcoin tx fee.

I need just one more rig to get to a level where I can generate 0.1 BTC in less than 7 days. Payouts over this amount have a lower fee of 3%.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 10, 2018, 08:15:13 PM
Spent all day. Trying to find what was dead .

It was not the k17 mobo.

It was not the pdu

It was not the 2400 watt delta.

It was not one of three week old 1080tis

It is either a riser   Or more a rosewill tokamak psu.

Once I determine which of the two i will get back.

Either riser Killed the psuor psu Killed the riser.

That cascaded back to the pdu which cut off one other plug the one that powered the k17

So everything is up  shifted moved etc .  I can not get the psu to work and will return it.

But the riser may have killed the psu causing the issue.  Well at least every gpu works
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 10, 2018, 08:06:17 PM

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1050-ti-best-budget-gpu-or-bust-8x-gpu-rig-build-w-nvidia-1050-ti-zec-zen-zcl-2724055
my full post on it

1050 ti aren't old tech - SAME Pascal generation as the 1060 through 1080ti.

I won't bother with them due to the excessively low rig density, but they look to be a tolerable entry-level mining card for folks on a LOW budget, and they come in "low profile" options for folks with small cases that want to upgrade from older stuff.

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
January 10, 2018, 08:04:32 PM
Thanks for the replies guys and
thanks for the info about the ONDA board, but the shipping and VAT most likely
kills that idea unless she writes a low value for the customs.

And I already went ahead and bought four pci-e risers.

I was thinking about getting this mb, which lets me to expand up to 6 GPU's if needed.
ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-H270-PLUS/

I have five of those boards and they work very well and are good value (at least in my location). You can expand it to 8 GPU using two M.2 to PCIE adapters (these ones are cool because they connect directly to the riser usb)

That said I recently setup my first riserless rig running linux off a usb stick and if you're expanding it might be worth the shipping + vat once you factor in buying a CPU, SSD, risers and time to set it up.

Was looking for this Asus Mobo but newegg is currently sold out... but came accros this MSI H270 that looks very similar in specs. and it's on sale for only $85 after rebate!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130980

Has anyone used the board for mining and confirm that it can take at least 5 GPUs?  Seems it could probably take up to 8 with M2 adapters but mainly I need to just make sure others have mined at least 5 cards on this board :-)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 10, 2018, 08:00:07 PM
I'm using a ASUS GTX 1050 Ti with my everyday desktop PC!  Cheesy

It is a great product for my use.

edit:
this is the exact model https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/EX-GTX1050TI-O4G/
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 10, 2018, 07:45:18 PM

my full post on it

Here's the video if any of you guys are interested

https://youtu.be/574KpZdpaVE

Activity: 349
January 10, 2018, 07:08:05 PM

All my Colorful mobos have Colorful markings with serial number

is this the one with K17 (without CPU) and K35 variant (with CPU) ?

Colorful is  totally different from K17
Colorful have 8x 6 pin at the GPU side , 3 fan headers , single ram slot , 8 pin CPU in with special out cable from board , Sata power out on board with special cable.
K17 have 6x 6 pin at the CPU from , 6 fan headers , no CPU in , or out or sata out .
Also colorful board have larger GPU spacing
My K17 died and killed 8 RX570 GPUs + Msata HD after running 8 GPUs for few minuets  , on the other hand the Colorful been running for like two weeks now .
My colorful doenst have any colorful markings and no serial number .

Crap. I have had a K17 based rig running for a week and have a K35 on the bench to be built but now I'm wondering if it's a good idea to use them at all. I'm running 1060s at 65% PL which shouldn't be stressing them too much… Do you know what failed on the mb?
Activity: 28
January 10, 2018, 06:46:21 PM

the onda d8p does have a msata slot. but it does have two regular sata ports so youre good with your choice. i like the msata because its 2 less cables and one less thing to mount.

I replaced that with http://www.corsair.com/en-us/force-series-ls-120gb-sata-3-6gb-s-ssd-b because the Samsung one was not new.
I finally pressed the checkout button and made the order. Ordered all the above plus added a preorder for 4 x evga 1080ti SC. Order was accepted but I wasn't charged yet, hope they will accept the credit card Smiley
Thank you all for the replies.
Pages:
Jump to: