Pages:
Author

Topic: Has NXTs price peaked? - page 5. (Read 6666 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
September 19, 2016, 03:27:31 PM
#Oneclick deployment for #Nxt nodes on #Microsoft #Azure :
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/templates/nxt-blockchain-ubuntu/
September 19, 2016, 01:24:03 PM
Nice way of saying. Nxt is one of the best around. Too bad people only investing in crypto that are selling lies and unfinished products. The strong believers and supporters in Nxt will be payed back soon is my guess.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 19, 2016, 03:30:02 AM
If we use your definition of legitimacy which is based purely on how many people use the technology today ignoring the potential of technology, NXT is less legit, few people use it compared to Bitcoin.

My definition of legitimacy is different.

But even in your definition in the eyes of most people in the world Bitcoin is not legit, because they don't use it. As I said 1 million is 1/7000th of the world population. 6999 out of 7000 don't care and don't think cryptocurrencies are legit. Now I'll let you go figure if your definition of what is legit holds any water.

So what are you saying? In your definition of "legit", bitcoin will not be really "legit" in your eyes and the eyes of the world? Because it has nothing "potentially new" to offer?

Remember my friend, what you brand as "potential" in the cryptosphere is also branded as hype by others. We have seen this happen many times here. In my research almost all of the platforms have no real world use cases. Even the powerful Ethereum has no real world use case.

I am also curious. Does your definition of legit make NXT more legit than bitcoin? Please explain.

I am saying that your definition of legit is very narrow.

Bitcoin is legit in my eyes because I use it quite often, but I am 1 of 7000 of world population.
The other 6999 out of 7000 people don't use it, they don't believe it's legit.

I use Bitcoin like I use a bicycle. It's good for some use but the potential is limited. Now NXT already has a motorcycle and is working on designing a car. Bicycle will always be with us and it's legit. Motorcycle is here and legit, but I like to invest in the potential of NXT engineers and designers to make a car because I know from their past work that they can. Will it be used I don't know, but I like to invest in technology.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
September 19, 2016, 12:43:48 AM
If we use your definition of legitimacy which is based purely on how many people use the technology today ignoring the potential of technology, NXT is less legit, few people use it compared to Bitcoin.

But even in your definition in the eyes of most people in the world Bitcoin is not legit, because they don't use it. As I said 1 million is 1/7000th of the world population. 6999 out of 7000 don't care and don't think cryptocurrencies are legit. Now I'll let you go figure if your definition of what is legit holds any water.

So what are you saying? In your definition of "legit", bitcoin will not be really "legit" in your eyes and the eyes of the world? Because it has nothing "potentially new" to offer?

Remember my friend, what you brand as "potential" in the cryptosphere is also branded as hype by others. We have seen this happen many times here. In my research almost all of the platforms have no real world use cases. Even the powerful Ethereum has no real world use case.

I am also curious. Does your definition of legit make NXT more legit than bitcoin? Please explain.
Activity: 644
September 17, 2016, 07:04:58 AM

Looking forward to the NXT rise after the snapshots
its really dumping but bouncing back is easy for this project so better to buy while price still cheap.
September 17, 2016, 06:21:37 AM

Looking forward to the NXT rise after the snapshots
September 17, 2016, 04:06:34 AM
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
September 17, 2016, 03:57:52 AM
NXT prices will fall dramatically due to begin on Oct 12th, Stake NXT for Ardor ended. NXT will be no sales on a large scale to return capital to investors. Maybe  Smiley
September 17, 2016, 03:53:15 AM

legendary
September 17, 2016, 03:42:30 AM
A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?

1) Where is Bitcoin in this comparison?
2) Some of the companies born in the early 2000s boom were legit and they are big today and their founders are rich naturally, and their investors are rich too - those that didn't sell after the first big dump. You can't skip doing due diligence on companies or cryptocurrencies and expect good results.

Like your comparison, it does not concern only bitcoin but all of the coins and projects in the cryptosphere. I also agree that some of the companies during the early 2000s were legit. In the cryptosphere comparison, it is bitcoin that is legit because it has proven to be. I am sure you already know this. While the other coins and projects have not proven to be legit. Not even Ethereum itself. Why is this? Because they do not have any revenue and cashflow. Some even argue that it is all a giant bubble ponzi.

A million people using Bitcoin is a drop in the bucket of 7 billion. I would be cautious to say it has proven to be legit. Legit in what sense, and other coins not legit in what sense? As I said the only legitimacy is numbers and only because Bitcoin was there first, but it's a transitory kind of legitimacy. Myspace can can tell you all about it.

If you compare that with NXT then it is even way way worse. It would be like a penny stock company shilling their "products" to set up their pump and dump exit strategy. I would also advice people to be cautious because it is not yet proven to be legit. Like you said the cryptosphere is always evolving so each coin or project will have to churn out gimmick after gimmick to stay relevant.
September 17, 2016, 03:36:13 AM
A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?

2) Some of the companies born in the early 2000s boom were legit and they are big today and their founders are rich naturally, and their investors are rich too - those that didn't sell after the first big dump. You can't skip doing due diligence on companies or cryptocurrencies and expect good results.

Like your comparison, it does not concern only bitcoin but all of the coins and projects in the cryptosphere. I also agree that some of the companies during the early 2000s were legit. In the cryptosphere comparison, it is bitcoin that is legit because it has proven to be. I am sure you already know this. While the other coins and projects have not proven to be legit. Not even Ethereum itself. Why is this? Because they do not have any revenue and cashflow. Some even argue that it is all a giant bubble ponzi.

A million people using Bitcoin is a drop in the bucket of 7 billion. I would be cautious to say it has proven to be legit. Legit in what sense, and other coins not legit in what sense? As I said the only legitimacy is numbers and only because Bitcoin was there first, but it's a transitory kind of legitimacy. Myspace can can tell you all about it.
legendary
September 17, 2016, 02:49:02 AM
Well, there is no doubt that we are in some kind of bubble. I don't think it is a financial bubble, I think the Bit-/Altcoin/Blockchain market hasn't even left the hangar yet. But we are in a "new projects" bubble. There are projects sprouting left and right, and while this is good for Blockchain tech as a whole, only a very small percentage of those will survive.
Will NXT/Ardor be one of them? Maybe, maybe not. That's not really the point. The point is to find th right time to exit the boat, befor it capsizes Wink

Your final sentence is the ultimate truth. What is laughable is that there are many people acting like they are very idealistic when it is very much clear that all of them are thinking of the same thing. That is to "find the right time to exit the boat before it capsizes".

legendary
September 17, 2016, 02:42:49 AM

Sound familiar?

Activity: 994
Merit: 513
September 16, 2016, 05:26:12 PM
Well, there is no doubt that we are in some kind of bubble. I don't think it is a financial bubble, I think the Bit-/Altcoin/Blockchain market hasn't even left the hangar yet. But we are in a "new projects" bubble. There are projects sprouting left and right, and while this is good for Blockchain tech as a whole, only a very small percentage of those will survive.
Will NXT/Ardor be one of them? Maybe, maybe not. That's not really the point. The point is to find th right time to exit the boat, befor it capsizes Wink
September 16, 2016, 04:15:14 PM

Sound familiar?

legendary
September 16, 2016, 03:51:13 PM
You see that is the mark of bitcoin's greatness. It is the first and it will always be the first. I could only imagine the reaction of the first people to read the white paper of satoshi. Very simple enough for the basic concept to be understood by everyone which is what made it a brilliant invention.

If you say that if bitcoin was only invented today then this or that will or will not happen. I say that if bitcoin was only invented today then the crypto revolution has just begun. I cannot imagine somebody inventing NXT before bitcoin. That is ridiculous.

Also how can you compare NXT with the internet of 1995? The internet is a wide and open "world" while NXT is only another protocol living in that world.

You misunderstood. I compare internet in 1995 to cryptocurrencies today, not NXT specifically. The meaning I convey is that we don't fully understand yet what is possible. People who were online in 1995 were using dialup modems at that time. Teenagers of today don't recognize the sound of the dialup modem, they grew up when dialup modems had already been phased out. Dialup modem was there first and this is its greatness that nobody can take away from it. Do you see the similarity?

Bottom line. Welcome to the world of ever evolving technology where you're phased out if you stop advancing and rest on laurels.

I do not see the similarity. A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?
September 16, 2016, 11:31:25 AM
You see that is the mark of bitcoin's greatness. It is the first and it will always be the first. I could only imagine the reaction of the first people to read the white paper of satoshi. Very simple enough for the basic concept to be understood by everyone which is what made it a brilliant invention.

If you say that if bitcoin was only invented today then this or that will or will not happen. I say that if bitcoin was only invented today then the crypto revolution has just begun. I cannot imagine somebody inventing NXT before bitcoin. That is ridiculous.

Also how can you compare NXT with the internet of 1995? The internet is a wide and open "world" while NXT is only another protocol living in that world.

You misunderstood. I compare internet in 1995 to cryptocurrencies today, not NXT specifically. The meaning I convey is that we don't fully understand yet what is possible. People who were online in 1995 were using dialup modems at that time. Teenagers of today don't recognize the sound of the dialup modem, they grew up when dialup modems had already been phased out. Dialup modem was there first and this is its greatness that nobody can take away from it. Do you see the similarity?

Bottom line. Welcome to the world of ever evolving technology where you're phased out if you stop advancing and rest on laurels.
legendary
September 16, 2016, 11:15:27 AM

September 16, 2016, 10:56:26 AM
I am sorry to say this but it is yet to be proven that NXT is a great invention. It is still very far away to be called great like how bitcoin is great. To some people calling NXT a great invention would he laughable. Also remember there are a lot of inventions that have not become great.

What do you think would be a good real world use case for NXT if you were to do something with it right now?

If Bitcoin was invented just now, it wouldn't catch on. Its only advantage compared to several more advanced successors (NXT being one of these) is being there first.
Most people are not infrequently late to appreciate technological breakthroughs. In fact, most people always are or they'd all be rich which is mathematically impossible. Even though the notion of NXT being a great invention may sound laughable to many, it doesn't make it less important especially if the Ardor platform goes as planned. It is true that many inventions haven't become great, and it's too early to tell if Bitcoin can be that or whether it's only a pilot project to be phased out in later years.
Right now a lot of use cases are not possible but I see brighter future ahead, not only for NXT. In cryptocurrency we're in where internet was in 1995, compare use cases from then and 20 years in the future, stay tuned for more.
legendary
September 16, 2016, 10:40:09 AM
I am sorry to say this but it is yet to be proven that NXT is a great invention. It is still very far away to be called great like how bitcoin is great. To some people calling NXT a great invention would he laughable. Also remember there are a lot of inventions that have not become great.

What do you think would be a good real world use case for NXT if you were to do something with it right now?
Pages:
Jump to: