Pages:
Author

Topic: Has NXTs price peaked? - page 6. (Read 6666 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 16, 2016, 04:40:51 AM
@freshman777. That is what they always say. "The train is leaving". But how many people are riding the NXT train? It is obvious that with the latest announcements about Ardor and the proxy ICO thru the purchase of NXT shows that not a lot of people want to ride that train. Only the NXT community wants everyone to ride that train because they are the biggest beneficiary if the people do.

If the NXT development team wants to create some good for the world then I lift my glass to them. But if they are doing this for the money first and foremost thru what is looking like an exit strategy then shame on all of them.

A great invention does make inventors rich and does bring good to the world. It is usually both in free market inventions, inventors have both pride of creation and financials gains as motivation for work. If the financial gains had not been an important factor, many great inventions wouldn't have happened, we could ride horses to this day.

NXT developers are working to solve the problem of scalability, we should see this tech on testnet in a few months. There is a chance they will fail, investors take a risk in exchange for potential of big rewards. But if they succeed, they will achieve what no other blockchain has achieved up to this point. Well, Iota has just reached 50 tps throughput in stresstesting network, this is pretty impressive compared to bitcoin's realistic 3 tps. Iota is not a blockchain though and its feature set places it in a different niche.

If you don't see impact of all this and if you only focus on price and how NXT developers can get rich working their asses off, I have no words but to shame you for being so short-sighted in your assumptions, albeit this is probably useless so I will not.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
September 16, 2016, 03:51:17 AM
@freshman777. That is what they always say. "The train is leaving". But how many people are riding the NXT train? It is obvious that with the latest announcements about Ardor and the proxy ICO thru the purchase of NXT shows that not a lot of people want to ride that train. Only the NXT community wants everyone to ride that train because they are the biggest beneficiary if the people do.

If the NXT development team wants to create some good for the world then I lift my glass to them. But if they are doing this for the money first and foremost thru what is looking like an exit strategy then shame on all of them.
Activity: 406
September 15, 2016, 05:41:33 AM
I am not tech-savy enough to really gauge NXTs or ardors potential, but I've always felt, that NXTs problem was mostly the lack of good PR, kinda like the Linux of cryptocurrencies: neat stuff, but ultimately only suitable for nerds and techfreaks.

In my opinion it is more like they are creating a platform without any use cases. The idea for NXT was to have a platform so that people and companies can issue assets thru the platform. But the question is what do the people in the cryptosphere need to issue assets for unless they are scams or gimmicks to make money? Also the companies will rather issue assets or company stocks the right way to avoid problems with the authorities.

Well well well, you don't seem to be willing to see past the end of nose. The train is leaving this station with or without you.
legendary
September 15, 2016, 12:55:26 AM
I am not tech-savy enough to really gauge NXTs or ardors potential, but I've always felt, that NXTs problem was mostly the lack of good PR, kinda like the Linux of cryptocurrencies: neat stuff, but ultimately only suitable for nerds and techfreaks.

In my opinion it is more like they are creating a platform without any use cases. The idea for NXT was to have a platform so that people and companies can issue assets thru the platform. But the question is what do the people in the cryptosphere need to issue assets for unless they are scams or gimmicks to make money? Also the companies will rather issue assets or company stocks the right way to avoid problems with the authorities.
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
September 01, 2016, 04:12:20 PM
legendary
August 31, 2016, 02:37:18 AM
@farl4web. I am sorry if you find my comments condescending to Ardor. It is not my intent. I am merely expressing what I have seen happen to most of the cryptocoin ICO. Even if Ardor is an ICO thru proxy it would not change the situation. Also NXT was in the same situation. It was going down in price and no one cared to pick it up until Ardor was announced. Will it be different this time with Ardor? I hope their development team will prove that it is.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
August 30, 2016, 01:56:04 PM
Nxt has one of the most reliable blockchain out there. I think Ardor will get his moment of fame when they launch. And the marketing team of Nxt is already working on the new childchain and the name. More info will follow.  

"You think" it will get its moment in fame. Of course it will because it will be hyped by the marketing team and the NXT community. It will also be pumped at the same time of the hype and then the traders who know what is going on will also join in. When the ordinary people get in because they think this will be the next big thing, the dump will happen. This has happened before many times. Please tell me. What will make Ardor different?

Yes, that's what I think. I see all kind of coins and blockchain peak on random moments. Cryptocurrency prices are a lot about speculation, we even did see Fedoracoin peak...

Ardor has a more solid foundation, is tested well for many years, has good development and solves scalability problems. (Probably) 50% of the tokens of the first childchain on Ardor will go to development and marketing. That's good for promotion and to get things done. All these things combined make me think Ardor (or al least one of the childchains) will do well in the future.

The whole world of blockchains will only continue to grow. The chance your coins will be worth more is very likely. But it's crypto, so we will never know.  Wink

The problem is that formula has been used many times before and the success it mostly brought is only to enrich the developers and the insiders but not the supporters of the platform. Maybe the traders also have been enriched because of their exploitation of the price movements. It will be another hard lesson to the holders of Ardor and Nxt all over again because they will be given hope and then will get disappointed all over again after waiting for 1 or 2 years.

I am jealous of your forecast talents.  Grin
legendary
August 30, 2016, 01:50:39 AM
Nxt has one of the most reliable blockchain out there. I think Ardor will get his moment of fame when they launch. And the marketing team of Nxt is already working on the new childchain and the name. More info will follow.  

"You think" it will get its moment in fame. Of course it will because it will be hyped by the marketing team and the NXT community. It will also be pumped at the same time of the hype and then the traders who know what is going on will also join in. When the ordinary people get in because they think this will be the next big thing, the dump will happen. This has happened before many times. Please tell me. What will make Ardor different?

Yes, that's what I think. I see all kind of coins and blockchain peak on random moments. Cryptocurrency prices are a lot about speculation, we even did see Fedoracoin peak...

Ardor has a more solid foundation, is tested well for many years, has good development and solves scalability problems. (Probably) 50% of the tokens of the first childchain on Ardor will go to development and marketing. That's good for promotion and to get things done. All these things combined make me think Ardor (or al least one of the childchains) will do well in the future.

The whole world of blockchains will only continue to grow. The chance your coins will be worth more is very likely. But it's crypto, so we will never know.  Wink

The problem is that formula has been used many times before and the success it mostly brought is only to enrich the developers and the insiders but not the supporters of the platform. Maybe the traders also have been enriched because of their exploitation of the price movements. It will be another hard lesson to the holders of Ardor and Nxt all over again because they will be given hope and then will get disappointed all over again after waiting for 1 or 2 years.
legendary
August 29, 2016, 05:31:47 PM

The whole world of blockchains will only continue to grow. The chance your coins will be worth more is very likely. But it's crypto, so we will never know.  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
August 29, 2016, 01:58:54 PM

You already asked and got answered in the official threads....
legendary
August 29, 2016, 07:26:43 AM

legendary
August 29, 2016, 05:51:29 AM
legendary
August 29, 2016, 05:02:17 AM
Yes but what is the real world use case of NXT and who are using it now? Sometimes it is very frustrating for some supporters because they are given hope that one day it will be adopted by big businesses and the platfrom will have billions and billions in marketcap. Now that the dream was not achieved what now? How will Ardor change everything when the people behind NXT cannot even make people use their platform? Well there are users and I saw the asset exchange. Most of the assets are junk, if not all of them. There is no volume in them and the ones saying that you buy are only the holders. I am sorry but nothing is happening with NXT.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
August 27, 2016, 08:51:11 AM
I speculate that Ardor will not fly. It will also be like NXT where there is an initial interest and then after that the interest will wane and the coin will go nowhere in price. Maybe the grassroots model will not work with what they are trying to achieve. The market they are trying to reach is for companies and start ups to use their platform. The problem is maybe those companies they are after think that the NXT platform is not good enough for what those companies require?

The better road for the grassroots model is to go after the darknet market. It has been proven successful with bitcoin and now recently XMR is trying to penetrate the darknet. Maybe NXT/Ardor should too.

XMR and Ardor aren't even remotely comparable. One is a value transfer system, the other is a Blockchain-as-a-service solution.

So what real world use case does NXT and Ardor have that will make the people actually use it? We have seen this from the platforms of before. They create and build something but then what?

NXT is an asset platform same as
Counterparty, Ethereum, BitShares, Omni, NuBits. Their point is that services are build on them with issuing asset. You can see them here.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

Most valuable asset is MaidSafeCoin build on top of Omni platform
NXT most valuable asset is NautilusCoin.
legendary
August 27, 2016, 07:54:56 AM
I speculate that Ardor will not fly. It will also be like NXT where there is an initial interest and then after that the interest will wane and the coin will go nowhere in price. Maybe the grassroots model will not work with what they are trying to achieve. The market they are trying to reach is for companies and start ups to use their platform. The problem is maybe those companies they are after think that the NXT platform is not good enough for what those companies require?

The better road for the grassroots model is to go after the darknet market. It has been proven successful with bitcoin and now recently XMR is trying to penetrate the darknet. Maybe NXT/Ardor should too.

XMR and Ardor aren't even remotely comparable. One is a value transfer system, the other is a Blockchain-as-a-service solution.

So what real world use case does NXT and Ardor have that will make the people actually use it? We have seen this from the platforms of before. They create and build something but then what?
Activity: 294
Minter
August 26, 2016, 05:53:15 AM
Well Nxt price has not peaked due to another coin after ardor is suppose to come out sometime in 2017 called FNT, but to get fnt you have to have NXT held in your wallet exactly like getting ardor, so its worth the hold. Im pretty sure more coins on different Child chains are going for the NXT hold strategy.

Seems the developers plan on releasing coin after coin just to keep people holding on to their NXT coins and pushing up the price of the coin. I'll call that competitive innovation.
Activity: 459
August 26, 2016, 03:15:58 AM
The NXT price might already reached its peaked after the Ardor hype finally dying down.
August 25, 2016, 08:58:01 AM

legendary
August 25, 2016, 03:13:28 AM

August 24, 2016, 03:09:15 PM
@Fragbait. That would be the ideal time to buy NXT for the Ardor snap shotting. No one in their right mind would be tricked to buy at these high prices just to receive Ardor which is not even proven to gain real adoption. So why take a risk at these high prices?

You mean "real adoption" like what other crypto 3.0 currency exactly? Of course all we do is betting on the price of a token that hasn't even been released yet. It's basically an ICO by proxy. And that's pretty much the point, since the later you buy NXT, the less Ardor you get, the price of NXT is determined by the anticipated worth of Ardor.

(…)

On the other hand, people that bought NXT to gain ardor are also not inclined to sell their nxt of before the ardor token snapshots have finished. Therefore I excpect the price to remain relatively stable.

(…)

True, but I never expected those two factors to cancel each other out. There is no point in buying NXT at pretty much any price the day before snapshotting ends, if you only want Ardor, so if that's the determining factor, NXTs price will go down, down, down.

This is deceiving, and it might drive out some weak hands who panic. Maybe even so much, that it's worthwhile to pick some up Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: