Pages:
Author

Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs - page 31. (Read 8755 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I think i'm to busy for a real testing next week but I'll try an install to see if the remote thing is working.
Activity: 481

Good to know, yes, I'm using TeamViewer. No Firefox installed, if i really need a browser on my rigs i'm using edge, which works. Possibly it's a TeamViewer issue and not directly your tool? I'm going to check this.
Maybe I'm trying your tool with a monitor connected but to use it as default i would need remote access. Looking forward to Version 1.4 Cheesy

The issue is that remote viewers such as TeamViewer intercept some of the programming events used to refresh the UI, so the window cannot finish its update cycle.  I've modified those events in 1.4 to use a different approach that is supposed to allow the window to complete its update cycle regardless of how the desktop is being displayed. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance this weekend to setup a TeamViewer testing environment, so I cannot guarantee that 1.4 will completely fix the issue.  I'm currently doing my final testing of 1.4 and I hope to have the new version on the website by the end of the day in case you want to try it.
Hey,

this seems like a nice project. I just wanted to try it on one of my rigs but after installation and starting the tool all I get to see is a empty white Window.
.NET 4.7.1 or higher is installed and started as admin. Any ideas whats might gone wrong here?

Edit: Installed missing Windows updates but no change. Despite the visual part of the GUI the tool seems to work, there were miners loaded in background and i see at least one tooltip (online help) on mouse over. I have no idea why the complete gui stays blank...

Are you using a remote desktop app like TeamViewer?  If so, there is a known incompatibility with those apps and version 1.3 that I hope to address in 1.4. Another user saw a blank window while using the remote viewer, but the window displayed correctly when a monitor was hooked up to the same rig.  Apparently, FireFox also had the same problem on his rig.

Good to know, yes, I'm using TeamViewer. No Firefox installed, if i really need a browser on my rigs i'm using edge, which works. Possibly it's a TeamViewer issue and not directly your tool? I'm going to check this.
Maybe I'm trying your tool with a monitor connected but to use it as default i would need remote access. Looking forward to Version 1.4 Cheesy
Hey,

this seems like a nice project. I just wanted to try it on one of my rigs but after installation and starting the tool all I get to see is a empty white Window.
.NET 4.7.1 or higher is installed and started as admin. Any ideas whats might gone wrong here?

Edit: Installed missing Windows updates but no change. Despite the visual part of the GUI the tool seems to work, there were miners loaded in background and i see at least one tooltip (online help) on mouse over. I have no idea why the complete gui stays blank...

Are you using a remote desktop app like TeamViewer?  If so, there is a known incompatibility with those apps and version 1.3 that I hope to address in 1.4. Another user saw a blank window while using the remote viewer, but the window displayed correctly when a monitor was hooked up to the same rig.  Apparently, FireFox also had the same problem on his rig.
Hey,

Activity: 5
Luv it... but could you mind if you support blazepool as well?
currently have been moved all my rigs to this new pool now :-)

thx~~
Activity: 82
Thank you for the reply. I will have to look into software wallets, might make some things easier for me.
Besides coinbase what other wallet do you suggest one uses?

Most people recommend against keeping your main wallet on an exchange like Coinbase or Kraken just because even the biggest exchanges have had reliability issues and security is always at risk if your wallet is always online.  The exchanges tend to be big targets since they have so much crypto in their accounts. Hardware wallets are usually considered the most secure, but some people find them to be expensive and inconvenient. A software wallet encrypted and stored locally on your computer or better yet, a disk that you disconnect when you're not using it, can be more secure than an exchange if you take an active role in keeping your system secure. Ideally, if you use a software wallet, the actual wallet won't be on your mining rigs or a computer that anyone can just download new software to. There have been cases of malware and even websites being able to breach the security of certain versions of some software wallets.   One drawback to local storage is that if you lose your wallet seeds, your coins are pretty much gone for good and if anyone else finds your seeds, they can recreate your wallet without your knowledge - so never store your seeds electronically.  It really just depends on how much you are trying to secure and how much inconvenience you're willing to put up with to make it more difficult for people to try to take your crypto.
HashAugur - it's me again from Reddit.

Version 1.3 seems to be performing much better for me after a fresh install. I do have some freezes here or there (I blame windows for this one), but no crashing of miners like I had before. Currently giving it another shot again, as I promised.  Three questions:

1) Where are you going from here as far as development? What features or stability items are you planning on adding?

2) Possible to add more pools? Preferably blazepool.

3) Do you have a recommended autoswitch time period? You've posted a few times on it here and in reddit but haven't seen you quote a number, other than 10 being too short. Are we talking 20? 30? These shitcoins switch so fast.

Thanks for trying out the new version, that really means a lot to me.  My main focus for 1.3 was to improve reliability and resiliency - in one of my tests I actually managed to foul up (temporarily) one of my GPUs to the point that the Nvidia driver would no longer recognize it until the system was rebooted (the card disappeared from Afterburner), yet the software still mined on the remaining GPUs. But as you've discovered Windows stability leaves quite a bit to be desired when it comes to cryptomining.

IIRC, you have a few 1080tis in your rig. You may want to disable the tribus algorithm because Tpruvot does not seem to be very stable using that algorithm on those cards. It might have something to due with the default intensity (threads per core) the miner selects for the algorithm not being suitable for all the cores those cards have.  I've disabled it on my own rigs as I noticed that it is usually the algorithm being mined when my rig with the most 1080tis intermittently freezes.  Also, there is something odd about about how some pools price the coin (Denarius) that uses that algorithm; it shoots up higher than anything else but the payouts are always pretty low.  Feel free to shoot me a PM or a email with your logs if you keep noticing system freezes so I can try to track down the cause.

Funny you should mention Blazepool, I think you'll like 1.4 when I release it Sunday (3/25) night Wink  In addition to the new pool, the main focus of 1.4 has been to add some usability enhancements that people have requested. I'll update this thread tomorrow with all the details.

Yes, the coins do change prices pretty fast.  I think the interval partly depends on your mining goal (are you exchanging everything to BTC or holding on to specific alt-coins) and the pools you're mining.  Since I am exchanging everything to BTC, I am content with partial shares in lots of coins rather than trying to get higher shares of fewer coins. I prefer a shorter interval that helps diversify my mining output in case one or two coins crash in value before the pools can exchange them. Some coins like Lux (Phi) and Verge (X17) can take hours (sometimes a day) to mine each new coin and in the end those new coins sometimes end up being orphans that aren't worth anything at all. So by switching back and forth between the two on a pool like HashRefinery, one can hedge their bets by building up shares in the next coins for both algos instead of just one.  

Based on all that, I am currently testing a 15 minute interval on some of my rigs.  That cuts down on the time spent switching algos, but still gives a lot of flexibility in which coins are mined throughout the day.  I'll probably test a twenty minute interval too. If prices start to stabilize, I may experiment with even longer intervals.  But right now with prices changing so rapidly, I prefer to not spend too much time mining any one coin on any one pool.
Activity: 34

https://www.exodus.io/

Exodus is a fantastic desktop application to use to funnel mining income.  Then once you've accumulated enough, send it to an exchange or your hardware wallet (ledger).
Activity: 34
HashAugur - it's me again from Reddit.

Version 1.3 seems to be performing much better for me after a fresh install. I do have some freezes here or there (I blame windows for this one), but no crashing of miners like I had before. Currently giving it another shot again, as I promised.  Three questions:

1) Where are you going from here as far as development? What features or stability items are you planning on adding?

2) Possible to add more pools? Preferably blazepool.

3) Do you have a recommended autoswitch time period? You've posted a few times on it here and in reddit but haven't seen you quote a number, other than 10 being too short. Are we talking 20? 30? These shitcoins switch so fast.
I misunderstood what the 10 minute interval did. I assumed it just updated profits at 10 minute intervals. Didn't realize that it also switched algos also.

Gotcha. I might separate the wallet balance refresh interval from the pool-switching interval in a future release. However, on most pools I think you'll find your balance doesn't increase that quickly.Usually, the coins that are mined every couple minutes have very little value per share, the more profitable coins can take minutes or even hours to mine, so most of the time you're not really missing any earnings information at the ten minute interval.
I misunderstood what the 10 minute interval did. I assumed it just updated profits at 10 minute intervals. Didn't realize that it also switched algos also.
Ah, well not asking for the intervals to switch, but I guess I misunderstood that feature. Thank you for clearing that up.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question.  The adjustable interval that has a minimum value of 10 minutes is the frequency at which the software will update pool prices, retrieve wallet balances and switch algorithms as needed.  Everything else in the software happens much faster. The miner statistics are updated in real-time and the software checks to see if each miner is frozen or has stopped communicating with its pool every few minutes.
Ah, well not asking for the intervals to switch, but I guess I misunderstood that feature. Thank you for clearing that up.
I only have nicehash setup to go to my NH wallet, the rest are setup to go to my coinbase account so not sure why that message came up? Does NH even have an external wallet(never really checked)? Yeah if you can update that message that might be useful as it confused me, and I am sure may confuse a user or two also. Is it also possible to give us a update every 5 minutes interval, because 10 minutes is not frequent enough for me. Thank you.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll probably remove some of the connection warnings since the user can't do anything about them and they don't affect the operation of the software. I'll also do some more testing with the wallets. but you might want to double check the HashRefinery pool to see which wallet is assigned to it just in case.  Based on my own testing and research others have down, switching algorithms and pools too quickly can hurt your earnings. You lose a little bit of time as the old miner shuts down and then lose a little more time while the new miner initializes, connects with the pool and warms up to full mining output.  Assuming that this changeover takes a minute to get to maximum output with the new algorithm, you'd be losing 20% of your mining time if the algorithms were to switch every five minutes.  I can easily lower the minimum interval, but I honestly think it would do more harm than good to your earnings.
I only have nicehash setup to go to my NH wallet, the rest are setup to go to my coinbase account so not sure why that message came up? Does NH even have an external wallet(never really checked)? Yeah if you can update that message that might be useful as it confused me, and I am sure may confuse a user or two also. Is it also possible to give us a update every 5 minutes interval, because 10 minutes is not frequent enough for me. Thank you.
Thank you for the reply. The 1060 started working after 10 minutes. Right now seeing this message Warning: A connection error occured while trying to retrieve the balance of wallet: NiceHash from pool: hashrefinery. The software will try again later. I get for this and CoinBase Also, this error.  Warning: A connection issue occurred while retrieving updated rates from pool: zpool. The software will load recently cached rates instead and try again at the next update interval. Also got this one a few times: Error: Restarting crashed miner: Tpruvot with algorithm: lyra2v2.

Not sure how to fix these errors. Is it also possible to see how much I have made so far/for the day like NiceHash offers?

Unfortunately, it is fairly normal to see the connection warnings regarding the wallet balances and pool rates.  Sometimes the pools just don't respond with the requested information before the request times out, so the software writes that warning message just to let you know.  I should probably rephrase the message because it isn't really an error.  The bottom line is that the software tried to get information from the pool, the pool didn't respond in a reasonable amount of time and the software will try again in a few minutes, but it won't affect your mining. There is nothing you can really do to prevent these communication issues because the smaller pools prioritize their mining servers over their websites and APIs. If the pools get really busy, they'll temporarily stop serving their websites and responding to API requests.

The message about the miner is different.  Does that lyra2v2 message relate to the 1060 (the log should also include a line about the device that was restarted after the failure)? If so, that would explain why the accepted results were zero for so long.  The error could be something as simple as the pool's stratum servers stopped responding and Hash Auger attempted to restart the miner after a few minutes to reestablish the connection.  Or it could be an issue with the miner crashing while trying to run that algorithm on that card.  I would need to see a copy of the device's log file to know which and to make any recommendations.

I did notice in the warning message that you provided that you have a wallet called Nicehash assigned to HashRefinery.  I don't know if that wallet is your internal NiceHash wallet or an external wallet that you use with NiceHash.  I am hoping that it is not an internal NH wallet because those NH wallets cannot be used with any other pool since they don't appear on the blockchain and can't receive payments from outside Nicehash.  

Unfortunately, each type of pools treats the pending balances a little differently, so I cannot provide a up-to-the-moment look at everything you have earned so far.  For example, Zpool, AHashPool, HashRefinery and Zergpool divide their balances between immature, confirmed and unpaid.  Currently, I only show the unpaid balances because the other two amounts fluctuate based on coin prices until they are traded on an exchange.  NiceHash only lets people access the balance deposited into internal wallets and not their pending unpaid amounts via their API - you have to log into your NiceHash account to see the unpaid amount. MiningPoolHub has internal wallets for each coin you mine, plus your auto-exchange coin(s) if you are using it. You can configure my software to show you each of these balances, but coins will always be moving in and out of the auto-exchange wallet and not even their website is in real-time.

It's easier for NiceHash to show you an amount because they are just paying you for your hash rate and don't have to worry about all the stages that each coin goes through before you get paid.  Plus, they see all the information related to your NiceHash account instead of the limited look their API provides and they also don't have to worry about any other pool. You can use your wallet address at any of the pools you've been mining on to see your stats for that pool.

Thank you for the reply. The 1060 started working after 10 minutes. Right now seeing this message Warning: A connection error occured while trying to retrieve the balance of wallet: NiceHash from pool: hashrefinery. The software will try again later. I get for this and CoinBase Also, this error.  Warning: A connection issue occurred while retrieving updated rates from pool: zpool. The software will load recently cached rates instead and try again at the next update interval. Also got this one a few times: Error: Restarting crashed miner: Tpruvot with algorithm: lyra2v2.

Not sure how to fix these errors. Is it also possible to see how much I have made so far/for the day like NiceHash offers?
Pages:
Jump to: