Pages:
Author

Topic: HashAltcoin Blackminer F1--best FPGA miner - page 2. (Read 22268 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 1
September 30, 2019, 06:49:29 AM
I ended up buying the older F1, why?

The F1+ was $2199 + $240 in shipping, so $2439.  The older F1 was $1,350 with free shipping.  The older F1 I could run with a spare HP server power supply I have, the F1+ I’d have to buy a $200 or so 1300w PSU, so close to $2,700, so 2x the price for not 2x the hash power.  Leaves me enough in pocket for other gear or a future update to the F1+, if and when it comes out.  Power usage was similar when evaluating efficiency, but when calculating efficiency along with price efficiency, the F1 won out for me.
The efficiency is definitely the same as the hashing chips (the xilinx fpga) are the same exact modules, it's just that they decided to research new heatsinks and cram three hashboards in single tube miner versus the previous two hashboard and thus the f1+ was born.

Thats assuring to me that the F1+ is improved but my hopes is that the F1 is still a viable option for the price.  Having the lower cost allows me to evaluate whether a future F1+ or updated mode is in the plans for me personally with a much lower financial commitment and will allow me to either put the extra funds into a F1+, whether hosted or at home, invest in more GPU rigs, or just keep it in pocket.

I’m wondering if noise wise, is there a difference between the two?  Or is the noise attributed to the fan on the unit which is relatively the same dB wise?
Activity: 346
Merit: 23
September 29, 2019, 11:07:42 PM
Been running an F1 Mini for 3 months 24/7 no issues at all.

How many 6pins are needed for the f1 total to boot and run?

Activity: 23
Merit: 1
September 26, 2019, 08:27:51 PM
I ended up buying the older F1, why?

The F1+ was $2199 + $240 in shipping, so $2439.  The older F1 was $1,350 with free shipping.  The older F1 I could run with a spare HP server power supply I have, the F1+ I’d have to buy a $200 or so 1300w PSU, so close to $2,700, so 2x the price for not 2x the hash power.  Leaves me enough in pocket for other gear or a future update to the F1+, if and when it comes out.  Power usage was similar when evaluating efficiency, but when calculating efficiency along with price efficiency, the F1 won out for me.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
September 26, 2019, 04:28:34 PM
Because they have it in stock and it is still functional. When they die they die and they can't go as high but they still work and there is no way to remove them and reapply the new heatsink.  What do you expect them to do with them?

don't get me wrong I appreciate your explanation I just wish that info was on the site somewhere so that buyers would know exactly what they're getting

thanks
September 25, 2019, 07:23:51 AM
F1+ costs nearly twice as much as the F1 but doesn't really have double hashrate for most algos, efficiency seems similar... why should I buy F1+ vs F1?
Honestly for longevity, the heatsinks on the old F1 are terrible compared to the F1+, thats what I believe allow the higher hashrate pulling per chip.
I believe the previous version used a heatsink per chip model with an adhesive style thermal paste where the newer is a block style heatsink with more surface area.

thanks... that's a lot of money for a heatsink though Wink

why are they still selling the old model then if it's got a problem with heatsinks?
September 23, 2019, 10:14:55 AM
F1+ costs nearly twice as much as the F1 but doesn't really have double hashrate for most algos, efficiency seems similar... why should I buy F1+ vs F1?
Activity: 253
Merit: 100
September 21, 2019, 11:15:22 PM
I cant find "lets develop" channel, would like to see it also
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
September 19, 2019, 04:20:01 AM
Has anyone got an Algo Switch Mining software or script for on the fly for hosted F1+'s for most profitable coins
as doing it manually every day would be a pain?

Thx
Steve

It seems some clients in our discord group have made the software, you may have a look in "let's develop" channel.

Where is that channel? ...

#crysx
Activity: 195
Merit: 6
September 19, 2019, 03:39:52 AM
Has anyone got an Algo Switch Mining software or script for on the fly for hosted F1+'s for most profitable coins

Thx
Steve

It seems some clients in our discord group have made the software, you may have a look in "let's develop" channel.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
September 08, 2019, 04:31:28 PM

Thx
Steve
Please let me know if anyone has invitation code / discount coupon.

You can use yourself invitation code which under your private center, or use DGB discount code"bksX4A"
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
Please let me know if anyone has invitation code / discount coupon.

Promotion for June is coming!

https://www.hashaltcoin.com/en/discount
This fpga miner looks awesome. But i couldn't understand what the algo 7 is:) It is shown as most profitable one on their site but there is no info.
Algo 7 = Secret algo, only if you purchase this miner you have the info about this.

Does this go for their mini-units also? Or just the bigger units?

Thinking of getting a smaller unit (Under $200 range) for a toy to play with different algos on such.

Also to get a variety of wallets on the various cryptos (paper) as a project to get motivated to maybe speculate some on the coins. (Such $$$ will come from attic sales

of junk I don't need ----> to eBay -----> to such 'exotic' cryptos for home mining fun. Smiley

Also, what do they charge for customs? The latest trick I've seen is by SiliconFusion miners (x11 and scrypt)

$90 as default to get around USA customs and tariffs. Or at least minimize the damage of such. Would be nice if the

Blackminer folk started to do the same trick.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the info

Brad

Goes for the smaller ones too ...

As for the customs, that is for the destination Country to decide what fees/tariffs. HAC do their best to help but there is never any gurantee of getting around any fees or tariffs.

#crysx

That's correct!Operate a country is the most profitable!
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
This fpga miner looks awesome. But i couldn't understand what the algo 7 is:) It is shown as most profitable one on their site but there is no info.
Algo 7 = Secret algo, only if you purchase this miner you have the info about this.

Thinking of getting a smaller unit (Under $200 range) for a toy to play with different algos on such.

Also to get a variety of wallets on the various cryptos (paper) as a project to get motivated to maybe speculate some on the coins. (Such $$$ will come from attic sales

of junk I don't need ----> to eBay -----> to such 'exotic' cryptos for home mining fun. Smiley

Also, what do they charge for customs? The latest trick I've seen is by SiliconFusion miners (x11 and scrypt)

$90 as default to get around USA customs and tariffs. Or at least minimize the damage of such. Would be nice if the

Brad

Goes for the smaller ones too ...

As for the customs, that is for the destination Country to decide what fees/tariffs. HAC do their best to help but there is never any gurantee of getting around any fees or tariffs.

#crysx
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

Brad
Activity: 337
Merit: 283
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
Activity: 980
Merit: 270
If understand correctly the F1+ option comes with 18 chips?
How strong is the difference in stability of heating and electricity consumption with the previous options-Mini and F1 ?
Pages:
Jump to: