Author

Topic: Hashie.co - Cloud Mining from 0.0012 BTC / GH | NEW: AMHash | FREE 10 GH - page 107. (Read 160439 times)

t96
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
can we get that trollbox added (chatbox)  Grin also can you add beside our total balance the conversion in USD value as well please
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Please keep in mind the subject of this thread.

--

We charge maintenance fees and sell miners in USD, so earnings estimates will obviously be significantly lower when Bitcoin is in a slump.

The alternative is to look at the fallacy known as "fiat ROI", since they price their miners and maintenance in fiat. But of course it's pointless to buy a "cloud" if all you need is BTC exchange rate increase - just buy the frickin' BTC.

That's not what we mean. In Bitcoin and fiat terms, you can earn more from buying cloud miners if Bitcoin goes up, than buying and holding Bitcoin directly. The more Bitcoin is worth, the less maintenance fees will consume as a percentage of your BTC denominated earnings. It's entirely possible for 1 BTC invested in Hashie to earn 1.2 BTC, 1.5 BTC[1]. This depends on the Bitcoin price, and difficulty increases.

Your 4% difficult increase breakeven is based on the current Bitcoin price. If the Bitcoin price increases in the future, the maximum difficulty increase for breakeven in BTC terms will get higher. We're not bringing your return in fiat into this equation (as that is the fallacy), we're just talking about Bitcoin denominated returns.

Quote from: suchmoon
What else? Well, their pricing is good. Actually I think it's slightly better than buying and running my own S3/C1 or Prisma at 0.10 USD per kWh, which is rare for cloud services.

You can colo for a lot cheaper than $0.10 / kWh. There can be logistics issues, but that's why we don't set up a farm ourselves in our closest datacenter - we leave that to people who can do it the most competitively.

[1] Of course, in USD terms you'd be a lot richer!

-Sahra
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
What I want to hear is how Hashie going to be profitable.   

According to my math diff increases would have to stay under 4% for hashie to break even. Which is not impossible given the recent history but still very risky.

The alternative is to look at the fallacy known as "fiat ROI", since they price their miners and maintenance in fiat. But of course it's pointless to buy a "cloud" if all you need is BTC exchange rate increase - just buy the frickin' BTC.

What else? Well, their pricing is good. Actually I think it's slightly better than buying and running my own S3/C1 or Prisma at 0.10 USD per kWh, which is rare for cloud services. So if I was looking to do more mining AND would trust hashie to not run away with my coins then I should be investing here. I think if they provide the ability to choose pools and if I run out of amps at my current colo I'd probably risk a few BTC. If they allow trading I'd probably put a few more in. Don't mistake this for an endorsement of any kind (as if anyone would pay attention to my endorsement anyway Smiley ), "don't risk more than you can afford to lose" (TM).
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
Haha you are either a shill or a moron

Hashpool has ZERO payouts, you only get store credit. You can only spend it on more miners, that will never ROI except for getting more store credit. See the problem here?

If something is unprofitable (and all gaw hashlets are, incredibly overpriced) being able to earn more unprofitable things doesn't make it profitable in the slightest

With influx of hashpoints you'll see the market crash. Lots more supply with the hashpoints, but as hashlets are inheritly unprofitable there won't be demand.  They ponzi'd their primes and zenpool which obviously never existed to such in investors.

And stop shilling we all know gaw pays people to troll bitcointalk
You are now trolling.   You can't expect everyone to agree with you.   

This thread is about Hashie, not GAW. 

What I want to hear is how Hashie going to be profitable.   
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Haha you are either a shill or a moron

Hashpool has ZERO payouts, you only get store credit. You can only spend it on more miners, that will never ROI except for getting more store credit. See the problem here?

If something is unprofitable (and all gaw hashlets are, incredibly overpriced) being able to earn more unprofitable things doesn't make it profitable in the slightest

With influx of hashpoints you'll see the market crash. Lots more supply with the hashpoints, but as hashlets are inheritly unprofitable there won't be demand.  They ponzi'd their primes and zenpool which obviously never existed to such in investors.

And stop shilling we all know gaw pays people to troll bitcointalk
No you can only make a profit from GAW if you got in early and bought primes for $16 or $20.

You can't make money from their hashlets now. Look at ZenPool LOL. And their hashpool.

GAW is releasing a new pool today that will pay in HP and early calculations show it will be profitable.   That will probably be even a better deal if you buy Zens on the Hash Market before the prices raise.    However this thread shouldn't be about GAW, this is a thread for Hashie.   It is beyond me why people have to try to tear down one service in to try and build another one up.   At this point in time no one has made any profits yet a Hashie.   The focus should be on that, not other vendors.   

Right now looking at https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator, there isn't any chance of Hashie being profitable with the current maintenance fees unless there isn't any growth in difficulty.   Even then it will take until Sept 2015 to breakeven.   (This is not factoring in the free 10 GH)     I think that should be the point of focus.   
This isn't really true.  With GAW's Zencloud you can sell your mining power back at anytime.   That means you don't have to make nearly as much to get to a positive ROI.   At Hashie all you can do is buy or hold.  I'm not even sure Hashie will ever be profitable, it will depend on the bitcoin difficultly.   Best case is over 4 months to get your initial investment back.  

If you want to compare you should compare against pbmining or places like that where you can't easily sell your holdings.    

To be frank, Zencloud miners have been depreciating faster than their payouts, so "you don't have to make nearly as much to get to a positive ROI" is incorrect. Currently, selling your mining power back there is a good way to lose money with their 10% trade fee.

We are working on a market however Smiley

-Sahra

That statement is only true over limited time periods.   I already have one GAW account that is returning profits and a second account that would be profitable if I sold all the ZENs I had bought in that account, including the 10% commission and depreciation that has occurred.  If what you say is correct over the long term, that wouldn't be true.  (Long term in mining is like a month!)   GAW keeps changing the rules of the game too that provides ways to make profit.

My only point is you shouldn't compare pricing between services that do offer a market and those that don't.   The hash market adds value to the prices.   The hash market can also drive down prices, which you just pointed out.  

A service has to make it on its own merits, it doesn't have to be the same as everyone else's.    Right now I'm testing the Hashie and I'll see how it goes before committing more funds to it.   I did the same with other places including GAW and LTCgear.     Perhaps an advantage of Hashie over GAW is you don't have to do much to maintain it.   With GAW if you want to be profitable you are doing something almost everyday.   My 13 year old loves that, I'm not so crazy about having to log into my accounts everyday.  I'm just saying they are different services can can't be directly compared.  
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
This isn't really true.  With GAW's Zencloud you can sell your mining power back at anytime.   That means you don't have to make nearly as much to get to a positive ROI.   At Hashie all you can do is buy or hold.  I'm not even sure Hashie will ever be profitable, it will depend on the bitcoin difficultly.   Best case is over 4 months to get your initial investment back.  

If you want to compare you should compare against pbmining or places like that where you can't easily sell your holdings.    

To be frank, Zencloud miners have been depreciating faster than their payouts, so "you don't have to make nearly as much to get to a positive ROI" is incorrect. Currently, selling your mining power back there is a good way to lose money with their 10% trade fee.

-Sahra

Yeah, it´s a bloody train wreck to put it mildly, LOL.

-Sahra
I wasn't posting to indicate a belief of possible scam. The intent of my post was to address the comment of another that the price on hashie was too good to be true when it in fact is middle of the road between some of the bigger entities. The photo comment was simply a follow-on to requests by other users.
Ah, sorry, read your post wrong Smiley

It´s a reasonable price given the market.

Hope they bring in Scrypt at $8-10/MHS soon.

Scrypt is indeed on our roadmap, however it would be at least a few weeks before we'll be ready. An important cornerstone of Hashie is our pool, and we'll have to adapt it for the Scrypt market.

Also one other thing....if you are just a middleman for people who contract out their miners, how can you claim that your customers "own" the miners for life and will always have the hashing power that they purchase? That seems odd to me.

Simply because we're able to obtain hashpower elsewhere if any situation changes? You'll always have the hashpower behind your miners while our partners / contracts may change behind the scenes.

-Sahra
The prices are about on par with the market place at GAW's Zencloud.

This isn't really true.  With GAW's Zencloud you can sell your mining power back at anytime.   That means you don't have to make nearly as much to get to a positive ROI.   At Hashie all you can do is buy or hold.  I'm not even sure Hashie will ever be profitable, it will depend on the bitcoin difficultly.   Best case is over 4 months to get your initial investment back.   

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
"Also one other thing....if you are just a middleman for people who contract out their miners, how can you claim that your customers "own" the miners for life and will always have the hashing power that they purchase? That seems odd to me"

THIS
t96

Hashie any plans to add scrypt?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Activity: 40
I'm also curious to see some pictures of a data center. With prices this low, it seems too good to be true.

Prove to us that it isn't. Smiley

The prices are about on par with the market place at GAW's Zencloud. Obviously not the price that GAW sells at but the actual market value between users is about 50 cents a GH/S. Hashnest sells at about 40 cents a GH/S and that is owned by BITMAINTECH. So Hashie is not anywhere near the too good to be true mark. Regardless of that, it would be nice to see photos of the physical mining equipment. I think I will personally hold off investing more until that request gets answered. Mainly due to the fact that several people have posted the desire to see photographic evidence and there has been no response to the topic after the BTCGuild list was provided.
Hi Sandler,

We don't actually operate the farms ourselves. We're actually a middleman for certain partners who contract out their miners. Differing electricity, facility, and logistics costs means certain locations are a lot more economical for mining than others, and mining is highly competitive making small differences and economies of scale matter.

If you're worried about us being a scam / 'bucket shop', we have the hashpower - as we've demonstrated (and are happy to do so again).[1] We're exploring options to let users point it at their own pool, too. There's no scam or anything in us specializing in managing the market and handling sales & support, while letting economies of scale work Smiley

[1]: Unlike certain competitors that are bucket shops with photo ops... For example, we had Zeus miners. We know the board-to-board distance in a particular company's "photos" results in massive HW errors and is completely unsuitable.

-Sahra

I wasn't posting to indicate a belief of possible scam. The intent of my post was to address the comment of another that the price on hashie was too good to be true when it in fact is middle of the road between some of the bigger entities. The photo comment was simply a follow-on to requests by other users.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I'm also curious to see some pictures of a data center. With prices this low, it seems too good to be true.

The prices are about on par with the market place at GAW's Zencloud. Obviously not the price that GAW sells at but the actual market value between users is about 50 cents a GH/S. Hashnest sells at about 40 cents a GH/S and that is owned by BITMAINTECH. So Hashie is not anywhere near the too good to be true mark. Regardless of that, it would be nice to see photos of the physical mining equipment. I think I will personally hold off investing more until that request gets answered. Mainly due to the fact that several people have posted the desire to see photographic evidence and there has been no response to the topic after the BTCGuild list was provided.
Hi Sandler,

We don't actually operate the farms ourselves. We're actually a middleman for certain partners who contract out their miners. Differing electricity, facility, and logistics costs means certain locations are a lot more economical for mining than others, and mining is highly competitive making small differences and economies of scale matter.

If you're worried about us being a scam / 'bucket shop', we have the hashpower - as we've demonstrated (and are happy to do so again).[1] We're exploring options to let users point it at their own pool, too. There's no scam or anything in us specializing in managing the market and handling sales & support, while letting economies of scale work Smiley

[1]: Unlike certain competitors that are bucket shops with photo ops... For example, we had Zeus miners. We know the board-to-board distance in a particular company's "photos" results in massive HW errors and is completely unsuitable.

-Sahra

Perhaps you could make an announcement and a set time to show your hashpower on BTC guild again? You could announce a few days or a week ahead of time that you will be moving the hashpower for say 30mins at a specified time of day, and give people plenty of time to witness it for themselves. I'm not trying to accuse you of photoshopping that last photo or anything, but I certainly did not see it for myself and I tend to be rather cautious as I have already lost money to two different scams involving bitcoin and I'm just trying to cover my own ass Tongue.

Also one other thing....if you are just a middleman for people who contract out their miners, how can you claim that your customers "own" the miners for life and will always have the hashing power that they purchase? That seems odd to me.

True, and your company have 15 days of live. It will be good to have more information about the company, who invested money to buy the real miners. And stuff like that. Thanks
Activity: 196

Hi Sandler,

-Sahra

Perhaps you could make an announcement and a set time to show your hashpower on BTC guild again? You could announce a few days or a week ahead of time that you will be moving the hashpower for say 30mins at a specified time of day, and give people plenty of time to witness it for themselves. I'm not trying to accuse you of photoshopping that last photo or anything, but I certainly did not see it for myself and I tend to be rather cautious as I have already lost money to two different scams involving bitcoin and I'm just trying to cover my own ass Tongue.

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

-Sahra

This would be something different and taking it to the next level and if it happens I will make sure to invest heavily

Me too.  I already have 2 ths on hashie but that is just a pittance to what i would invest if hashie can implement this...
t96

-Sahra

This would be something different and taking it to the next level and if it happens I will make sure to invest heavily

Hi Sandler,

-Sahra
Jump to: