Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashie.co - Cloud Mining from 0.0012 BTC / GH | NEW: AMHash | FREE 10 GH - page 24. (Read 160428 times)

Activity: 424
Merit: 250
3. If the delay of payment happens, all unpaid payments will be accounted separately on daily basis and increase by 0.02% per day(flat rate based on the initial unpaid payment amount, no compound rate) after three days.

Will this be honored when gets down to hashie transferred hashes?Huh

Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Its all about the Gold
For what it is worth I do believe they were hacked. (or maybe self hacked)

How do I know?

December 26th I purchased a firehasher. Deposited the funds to buy one. Purchased one and afterwards my BTC balance showed 2+ BTC. When I made my deposit from coinbase it showed the deposit 3 times. (those who used coinbase have seen that error before.) Because it looked like I had deposited multiple times I did a 2 BTC withdraw. Later when I had time to review my coinbase account and saw that I only deposited one time I contacted Hashie and asked them to audit my account because something had to be wrong.

Next morning  I received threatening emails about a bug in their system and how I owed them 2 BTC. (which was true) I send the BTC back to them and then made the purchase a second time. (And you know the rest, never received first payout, everything fell apart right after)

For what it is worth the emails I received from Sarah seemed legit at the time - Here is the first one

Hello,

We have recently audited our systems and discovered that you have made a number of withdrawals of which you are not entitled to. Our investigation discovered a bug in the pricing algorithm of one of our products, allowing users to obtain fake balances by purchasing the product. Withdrawals resulting from this bug are unauthorized.

Our records show you owe Hashie an amount of 2.1198 BTC.

Hashie hereby requests you to return the sum of 1.48386 BTC (70% of the amount) to 1HaShiEAAhhkVW8fdTpg1mu2ikLVZcxtg2 within 24 hours of the receipt of this email. Hashie will allow you to keep 30% of the amount if you promptly return the unauthorized payments.

Your activities may constitute a criminal offense under s.478.1(1) of the Criminal Code in the Commonwealth of Australia, in which Hashie operates. Furthermore, your activities may constitute a criminal offense under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, of United States which you reside in.

Hashie takes this matter seriously and will seek law enforcement assistance if this matter is not voluntarily resolved.

Best regards.

I did find it odd that they only asked for 70% back. For the record I did send the entire amount.

Also when I noticed the 2BTC in my account the price of firehashers was -1.0987 (or whatever it actually was)  A hour later that was corrected. So someone purchased hundreds or thousands of the firehashers and immediately withdrew funds. This "bug" was gone when I looked a few hours later.

sounds like Coinbase is partially to blame and very possible Hashie as well for bad coding.
Activity: 672
ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger
For what it is worth I do believe they were hacked. (or maybe self hacked)

How do I know?

December 26th I purchased a firehasher. Deposited the funds to buy one. Purchased one and afterwards my BTC balance showed 2+ BTC. When I made my deposit from coinbase it showed the deposit 3 times. (those who used coinbase have seen that error before.) Because it looked like I had deposited multiple times I did a 2 BTC withdraw. Later when I had time to review my coinbase account and saw that I only deposited one time I contacted Hashie and asked them to audit my account because something had to be wrong.

Next morning  I received threatening emails about a bug in their system and how I owed them 2 BTC. (which was true) I send the BTC back to them and then made the purchase a second time. (And you know the rest, never received first payout, everything fell apart right after)

For what it is worth the emails I received from Sarah seemed legit at the time - Here is the first one

Hello,

We have recently audited our systems and discovered that you have made a number of withdrawals of which you are not entitled to. Our investigation discovered a bug in the pricing algorithm of one of our products, allowing users to obtain fake balances by purchasing the product. Withdrawals resulting from this bug are unauthorized.

Our records show you owe Hashie an amount of 2.1198 BTC.

Hashie hereby requests you to return the sum of 1.48386 BTC (70% of the amount) to 1HaShiEAAhhkVW8fdTpg1mu2ikLVZcxtg2 within 24 hours of the receipt of this email. Hashie will allow you to keep 30% of the amount if you promptly return the unauthorized payments.

Your activities may constitute a criminal offense under s.478.1(1) of the Criminal Code in the Commonwealth of Australia, in which Hashie operates. Furthermore, your activities may constitute a criminal offense under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, of United States which you reside in.

Hashie takes this matter seriously and will seek law enforcement assistance if this matter is not voluntarily resolved.

Best regards.

I did find it odd that they only asked for 70% back. For the record I did send the entire amount.

Also when I noticed the 2BTC in my account the price of firehashers was -1.0987 (or whatever it actually was)  A hour later that was corrected. So someone purchased hundreds or thousands of the firehashers and immediately withdrew funds. This "bug" was gone when I looked a few hours later.

OMG REALLY you need to put big red letters when posting funny shit like this. I was taking a drink of beer and spit it all out when i busted up laughing so hardcore. Ahhhh man good stuff if i wasnt getting over being sick and throat was still not sore would have been even better lol  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
would you keep the Frost coin in cold storage???

What is Frost coin ?

It´s just another episode in this here soap opera.
Why Frost coin, not shitcoin?  Shitcoin really fits Hashie Much better, do you not all agree?
no shit coin cause i think gaw already took that one lol  Grin
Whehehe yeh  Cheesy
Activity: 672
ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger
would you keep the Frost coin in cold storage???

What is Frost coin ?

It´s just another episode in this here soap opera.
Why Frost coin, not shitcoin?  Shitcoin really fits Hashie Much better, do you not all agree?
no shit coin cause i think gaw already took that one lol  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
I just did a big shit, i looks and smells like Hashie. Do i get a free 10GH/s Miner now?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
wtf is going on with am hash. I transferred my miners a few days ago, login today and 0gh. * on a side note, hashie has some interesting things in support.js
$("#userResponseTa").val()});setTimeout(respond,3000+(Math.random()*4000));});var match=[[["fuck","shit","cunt"],"My gosh you are rude! I'm not even going to respond to you."],[["activation"],"Please look in the spam folder. If you still can't find it, please try using a different email address to register."],[["deposit"],"I'm sorry that you're having issues with your deposit! We require 3 confirmations before a transaction is credited, and the minimum deposit is 0.0005 BTC. Sometimes, it takes longer for your deposits to be credited - please be patient. It'll arrive in a couple of hours!"],[["refund"],"We don't offer refunds at this time."],[["payout","miner","missing","gone","disappear","balance","firehash","withdraw","money","coins","generation 1","power"],"Your miners and account balance are missing as they have been converted into Frostcoins. You will receive Bitcoin payouts for your Frostcoins on a regular basis, however your miners and balance are gone. Learn more about Frostcoins here: https://hashie.co/frostcoins"],[["elsa","beautiful","withdraw","like"],"Sorry, but Queen Elsa's decisions are final."],[["trade","exchange"],"You cannot exchange Frostcoins at this time. You can only hold Frostcoins in your account, and wait until another dividend distribution occurs."],[["no frostcoin"],"If you have no Frostcoins, you may have already earned more than the repayment amount for your miners. Sorry"],[["banned","chat"],"If you are banned on the chat, you deserve it."],[["hint","arg","compound","morse","finale","blackbox"],"If you would like help with the Hashie ARG, see the forums at https://hashie.co/forum/. We're not giving out hints at this moment."],[["magic"],"Hashie Generation 2 miners are powered by magic. It's much more fine to mine with magic miners! Smiley"],[["matt"],"Who is this Matthew guy?"],[["sue","legal","police","interpol","fbi","cia","report","kill"],"Queen Elsa has magical snow powers and nobody can touch her. Good luck trying, because you are not going to get anywhere Smiley"],[["scam"],"Hashie is not a scam."],[["press","media","journalist","interview"],"You can contact us at [email protected]"],[["how are you","how's you"],"I'm good, thanks Smiley"],[["hello","hi"],"Hi there Smiley How can I help you?"],[["thanks"],"I am glad I could have helped!"],[["contact","email","human"],"If you *really* need to contact us, you can email us at [email protected] - keep in mind we do not respond to most emails. **Do not email us about your previous miners / balances - we will ignore them**."]];var defaultRes="I'm sorry, I didn't understand your response. Could you try re-phrasing? I guess someone was stupid and bought into the scam again tried withdrawing and it says something like it has been turned into a beautiful sculpture. then it appears you get a generate response from support
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
It hit suddenly and without warning, right ?

I guess usually you detect certain signs in advance before scammers

pull the plug.

keep in mind that the domain was registered under "Queen Elsa" and some information was filled with "let it go".

it looks like this was planned

1. control over domain management
2. control over Hashie website, probably cold wallet
3. control over bitcointalk official account

Would be a lot for a simple hacking attack. In this case the hacker would have stolen the BTC and/or damaged the site incl. leaving a signature (no real hacker doesn't leave some kind of signature). So yes, that was planned.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.

pull the plug.

keep in mind that the domain was registered under "Queen Elsa" and some information was filled with "let it go".

it looks like this was planned
Activity: 532
Maybe they were robbed and took a big loss and therefore decided to close shop.

Could be but still no reason why not making a statement what happened instead of playing such a game, calling customers idiots and doing all that bullshit. If they were really hacked, or this guy Matt Myrtle would not be involved, someone would have made any kind of statement about. But all you hear is songs, ARG, Queen Elsa and magic miners/frozen coins. So it doesn't seem we're on the wrong way.

+1

Yep I got some "frostcoins" from my lost balance and firehasher but so far I just got 1 payout

If you were hacked Hashie please allow us to get a refund or buy your own frostcoins so we can get the money back, very naughty all right now

And sorry but I now have to buy "gen2" in order to cash out? What a laugh in the face
Activity: 616

pull the plug.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
At this point , the most logic option seems to me that this mess was a bad bad bad attempt to mask a bitcoins tefth due to a bug by the way of simulating an hack.

Thumbs down, hashie  Angry
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Could be but still no reason why not making a statement what happened instead of playing such a game, calling customers idiots and doing all that bullshit. If they were really hacked, or this guy Matt Myrtle would not be involved, someone would have made any kind of statement about. But all you hear is songs, ARG, Queen Elsa and magic miners/frozen coins. So it doesn't seem we're on the wrong way.

+1

Yeah, but trying to apply reasoning to the actions of the criminally

insane is a common mistake sane people make.

100 BTC is not the end of the world. Can't see how it would be worth for any reasonable person to go nuts over an amount like that. Either the loss is higher - which begs the question if the owner ever heard of cold storage - or it's just another diversion.

Correct, but nobody knows if the stated 100 BTC are true or not. Probably only a reason to blame someone else while running away with all the funds and playing psycho games. I doubt we will know what really happened in the next weeks/months.
Yep, Maybe they were robbed and took a big loss and therefore decided to close shop.

My gut tells me that the original emails on the 26th and 27th were answered by Sahra (A real Hashie employee)

The last one from the 28th had to be someone else. (or Hashie employees trying to make the hack seem more legit)

The email they send talking about legal action was a form letter. My guess is they had a bunch of people they are trying to chase down for a few BTC each. I would hope that their system would require approval for large withdrawals which would have prevented someone ordering 50 firehashers and making off with 100 BTC. Maybe I am giving them too much credit.

That's what I said from the beginning. The person "Sahra" always replied in a short, professional way. The day after the first missing payout, I went to the chat and suddenly the Hashie official (usually used be "Sahra") wrote in a totally different way.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Not sure any of that helps but thought it might be relevant.

Thank you, that is very interesting.

Still this whole frost thing is a dickhead move. "Sahra" (whoever that might be) is just painting a target on his/her back. If there was indeed an exploit just come clean about it, can't be any worse than this game bullshit.

I agree. They stated that the answer is in their ARG, but I guess that's only some kind of delaying tactics. They claimed that someone has stolen 100 BTC and they will go to the police. Maybe it's related to the story with the bug. But as you said, no reason for that psycho game.

I'm not familiar with the laws, isn't it possible to get their site shut down from the hosting company due to scamming customers? They still sell their shit and some simple minded users buying it.

100 BTC is not the end of the world. Can't see how it would be worth for any reasonable person to go nuts over an amount like that. Either the loss is higher - which begs the question if the owner ever heard of cold storage - or it's just another diversion.
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
My gut tells me that the original emails on the 26th and 27th were answered by Sahra (A real Hashie employee)

The last one from the 28th had to be someone else. (or Hashie employees trying to make the hack seem more legit)

The email they send talking about legal action was a form letter. My guess is they had a bunch of people they are trying to chase down for a few BTC each. I would hope that their system would require approval for large withdrawals which would have prevented someone ordering 50 firehashers and making off with 100 BTC. Maybe I am giving them too much credit.
Pages:
Jump to: