Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashnest 's newest PACMiC Cloud Mining Contract - page 6. (Read 20700 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
will there be a new round of PACMiC offered in the future?

I ask so I can plan to put the funds aside.

Why? You can get 100% ROI with their cloud mining and yet you choose 22%. Why?

Where are your numbers for this?

Well PACMiC is 22% a year max, it s fixed interest and it s in the official thread. Cloud is my own calculations based on this http://nextdifficulty.com/#roi
Cloud is a more risky option but it does generate more of potential returns. This is why I like to differentiate into PoS as well, DMD Diamond especially.

Right, but you stated that you can get 100% ROI with cloud mining, and it seemed pretty certain.  I am not arguing with you, I am just interested in how you got to that number.

Personally I find the PACMiC to be a safer option, and as such, the ROI is less.  I feel like a 100% positive ROI for the S5 is a tad too high, but to each his own.  I would rather take the less risky option on the PACMiC and get a lower return than the S5 potentially could be.

Of course, the option to sell your S5 at anytime is a great plus if you need the money, whereas my PACMiC's are tied up for a certain period of time (roughly 3 months).  So I think of the PACMiC sort of like a 3 month CD, but I would rather get 22% on the PACMiC than 1 or 2% on a normal CD through a bank.

Well, if you take a look at the table, current expected ROI for S5 is 257 days. Add a bit of difficulty increase to that and you ll get a year. Sell the miner and here it is. Yes, I agree, this is a risky option but in this industry, you can make money only on risk. PACMiC s Ok but only if you have a lot of funds at your disposal. If not, you invest 2 BTC and get 0.44 after a year. That s $100. Not worth of hassle and risk.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

Well PACMiC is 22% a year max, it s fixed interest and it s in the official thread. Cloud is my own calculations based on this http://nextdifficulty.com/#roi
Cloud is a more risky option but it does generate more of potential returns. This is why I like to differentiate into PoS as well, DMD Diamond especially.

Right, but you stated that you can get 100% ROI with cloud mining, and it seemed pretty certain.  I am not arguing with you, I am just interested in how you got to that number.

Personally I find the PACMiC to be a safer option, and as such, the ROI is less.  I feel like a 100% positive ROI for the S5 is a tad too high, but to each his own.  I would rather take the less risky option on the PACMiC and get a lower return than the S5 potentially could be.

Of course, the option to sell your S5 at anytime is a great plus if you need the money, whereas my PACMiC's are tied up for a certain period of time (roughly 3 months).  So I think of the PACMiC sort of like a 3 month CD, but I would rather get 22% on the PACMiC than 1 or 2% on a normal CD through a bank.
legendary

Cloud is a more risky option but it does generate more of potential returns. This is why I like to differentiate into PoS as well, DMD Diamond especially. Here is the link for this one as well: https://bit.diamonds/
Feel free to message me if I can help in any other way.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

legendary
we got some interesting offer here, really considering this kind of investment in this dark days where most of mining systems cant even make a ROI, safety with low earning rates seems the way.

22% per year is a low interest rate for you? Where do you live, third world?

Don't forget all the risks involved, it's not bad, but mediocre given all involved risks (which are incomparably huge compared to stock market)... One of the better options these hard times though, I agree.

Probably the best option, considering fixed interest rate.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
we got some interesting offer here, really considering this kind of investment in this dark days where most of mining systems cant even make a ROI, safety with low earning rates seems the way.

Don't forget all the risks involved, it's not bad, but mediocre given all involved risks (which are incomparably huge compared to stock market)... One of the better options these hard times though, I agree.
legendary

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Im trying to understand PACMiC
Is I'm correct with explanation PACMiC profit earning??

Please see my excel attachment :

legendary

Low earning interest rates?  This is still roughly 4 times better than anything in the stock market.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★
thank you for the discussion.

you are right, leave to rebuy and grow hashing power, as hashing power gets larger, it becomes easier to figure out when to start principle repayment which also take a shorter time.

difficulty seems to be holding steady which makes it even easier to decide.
legendary
so lets ignore difficulty and price of BTC,  just mechanically speaking is my logic right?

I start off with 1btc = 1btc principle = 1.0th

reinvest until my 1btc = 1.2 principle = 1.5th, (so principle payback goes into more hashing and profit goes into more principle)

I turn off buy back, and and let the 1.5th pay back to 1.0 principle profit goes into wallet

I turn on buy back until I built up again for 1.btc = 1.2 principle = 2.0 th

I turn off buy back and my 2.0th gets me down to 1.0 principle again but quicker profit goes into wallet.

rinse and repeat, but the cycle gets quicker because my hashing power accumulates, as long as the contract is active.

The way you write makes sense, but it is actually better to continue to accumulate, since you will be earning interest on your interest.  If you let it pay you out, then you are not earning compounding interest.

The best way to handle the PACMiC is to find the exact time that it will take for you to earn your principal back and compare it to when the S5 is no longer profitable to hash.  As long as the time it will take for the S5 to no longer be profitable is longer than the days it will take to earn your principal back it is more worth it to keep your auto rebuy on and just continue to reinvest.

This sounds simple, but is much harder to figure due to difficulty and price changes in bitcoin than it seems.  I try to leave about a 40 to 50 day buffer where I would turn it off auto-rebuy.

I just turned my auto-rebuy back on a little while ago because the recovering bitcoin price has extended my thought process on how long these will remain profitable.
so lets ignore difficulty and price of BTC,  just mechanically speaking is my logic right?

I start off with 1btc = 1btc principle = 1.0th

reinvest until my 1btc = 1.2 principle = 1.5th, (so principle payback goes into more hashing and profit goes into more principle)

I turn off buy back, and and let the 1.5th pay back to 1.0 principle profit goes into wallet

I turn on buy back until I built up again for 1.btc = 1.2 principle = 2.0 th

I turn off buy back and my 2.0th gets me down to 1.0 principle again but quicker profit goes into wallet.

rinse and repeat, but the cycle gets quicker because my hashing power accumulates, as long as the contract is active.

legendary
I get that

but when does the contract unwind if I have buy back in turned on from the start?

does it go for ever until no longer profitable?   so 2 years from no on I have 1BTC principle and 2 THS of hashing power, but no longer profitable,  so I get my 1 BTC back?

no, you have to choose at some point to switch it off of buyback.  At that point, instead of continuously purchasing more hashpower and adding to your principal, it will start to put bitcoins into your wallet on the site.  The trick is to time the time it would take to pay back your principal amount to the time it is no longer profitable to run.
I get that

but when does the contract unwind if I have buy back in turned on from the start?

does it go for ever until no longer profitable?   so 2 years from no on I have 1BTC principle and 2 THS of hashing power, but no longer profitable,  so I get my 1 BTC back?
legendary
So I am trying to understand this pacmic contract

I get the 22% annual return, and the repayment of principle etc etc.

what I don't understand is the perpetual buy back in option.

So, if I buy 1 contract for 1BTC and I immediately turn on the buy in option, and I leave it as is untouched for 100 days

what happens?  The contract hashing power increases,  but then what?

When a block is solved, you are rewarded with an increase in hashing power equal to the payout of the block and a increase in your principal equal to your profit amount.
So I am trying to understand this pacmic contract

I get the 22% annual return, and the repayment of principle etc etc.

what I don't understand is the perpetual buy back in option.

So, if I buy 1 contract for 1BTC and I immediately turn on the buy in option, and I leave it as is untouched for 100 days

what happens?  The contract hashing power increases,  but then what?
legendary
Hi kapetan,

If you invest one bitcoin, get hashing power of one Th/s, mining revenue paid in PPLNS mode will be prior to pay your profit, then pay your unpaid capital.
Contract ends only when your one bitcoin is returned in full.

Profit is calculated by the formula: unpaid principal (BTC) * 0.7 (satoshis per BTC per second) * time to find a block (seconds).

So the end result is roughly 22% of profit per year under condition you re-buy your contracts during the entire year.  Principal returned in full.
Pages:
Jump to: