Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed - page 4. (Read 39584 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I downloaded "hashra-firmwareimg-v6" today as I couldnt get any other IMG files running with these GS

Straight in, away we go and theyre sitting stable at 362Mhs scrypt only mode.

I -did- do an update as soon as I logged into it by calling the IP from my laptop, and its stable, 4 hours later...

** just trying to find out how to add backup pools **

I don't think that version has failover yet. You can download the latest img from the hashra support page. the MINI and ATLANTIS are versions for your gridseeds I think. ATLANTIS is scrypt only
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I downloaded "hashra-firmwareimg-v6" today as I couldnt get any other IMG files running with these GS

Straight in, away we go and theyre sitting stable at 362Mhs scrypt only mode.

I -did- do an update as soon as I logged into it by calling the IP from my laptop, and its stable, 4 hours later...

** just trying to find out how to add backup pools **
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I have a card for 1.4 but I wasn't running it because I have one gridseed that runs well at 1000mhz while the rest need 850 - so I was using an auto-tuning image to achieve that.

Now that hashra supports per-device speed I'll give it a shot but I was hoping to set up the card before even booting it. Not a big deal though! Thanks.
Is there a D/L link for 1.4.5 anywheres?

There is no img for 1.4.5

If you don't have version 1.4, you can download the img first and then click on the update controla link
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 294
Is there a D/L link for 1.4.5 anywheres?
Activity: 25
I updated and now I cannot login. Login button is dead.

EDIT: I got in now, no explanation why. Cannot reproduce. Upon getting to the dashboard, blades are showing offline. Any attempts to make changes are met with long delays, sometimes not even processing changes.

EDIT2: I had to reimage to get mining again, but upon doing so started experiencing an error I've experienced before and I want to find out more about it. Since we aren't allowed to touch the underlying filesystem (shame on you guys!), how can we fix name resolution problems?? I am hooked straight to a router with no problem with other devices

Code:
Apr 16 21:03:46 MinerClass log[2070]: socket connect(127.0.0.1,4001) failed returning null

What gives? This almost always happens upon reboot.
Activity: 24
Took the plunge and updated to 1.4.5 about 12 hours ago. This update ignores your reboot miner function and resets it back to zero in the background, but it still shows your X time. Changing it, and changing it back fixed it and now it's back to rebooting after a specific time.

GUI wise there is now duplicity. The whole dials look can now be removed, and use the advanced tab as the main control panel. You could add a 'lock/unlock' button for messing around with frequencies. Possibly using less resources being gobbled up by your front end on the RPi?

Otherwise a really solid update, nice one.
Activity: 854
Merit: 506
Niceman from Coinmine.pw changed up somethings on his pool to optimize it for BFGMiner. I ran my gridseed minis and blade last night and had close to 0 rejects. Pool ran super smooth. Give that pool a try with Hashra Controla and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Unless the changes were made recently, when I tried it couple of weeks back, there was allot of rejects.  I tried the Canadian server thinking it will be closer and better for me being in Canada, it was worst than the US server.

I hope the change is recent.  Will give it a try.

Maxzilla,

When mining on a pool, I mentioned a while back that it turns red but still saying running.  I tried this on several pools.  Including wafflepool which Hashra does it's testing on, and I still get that.  It doesn't stay green.  Any ideas?
The other question I have is, will I be able now with the new firmware to up the hash rate from 850? As you mentioned earlier to me that the higher rates are for modified gridseeds.

He made the changes on May 1. Im on on coinmine.pw. One of my 20 gridseed mini setups is running at 7800+ Mhs on 863 setup. 18 hw but no rejects yet.
My blade setup didn't like 838. I have blade 1 at 813 running at 2.85 and blade 2 running at 800 2.68. If I push blade 2 to 813 it drops to 2.45.
Activity: 854
Merit: 506
Seems most of you have already found out but yes…. please now update!

Should now be on version 1.4.5 for your CONTROLA.
This is for BLADE, MINI and ATLANTIS.

We have now added more frequency options. (Magic number for BLADE is 838)

Advanced settings section giving individual clock speed control.

New drop down menu for easy selection of clock speed.

Now comes with per "Miner" control.

Good Luck!  Smiley
how to update ?
should we use update menu or download firmware image ?
I am guessing use menu. Not on website yet.
Activity: 108

Good Luck!  Smiley
how to update ?
should we use update menu or download firmware image ?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Can you work with Nicehashdev from Nicehash to make your software more compatible? I get over 28% rejects there.

many of the rejects on nicehash are missing jobs which you get paid for if you look at your nicehash page you will see the rejects are far less.

I wish that were always true.  Pool side rejects range from 5-25% and sometimes spike higher.
Activity: 50
Can you work with Nicehashdev from Nicehash to make your software more compatible? I get over 28% rejects there.

many of the rejects on nicehash are missing jobs which you get paid for if you look at your nicehash page you will see the rejects are far less.

Good Luck!  Smiley

I love the improvements! I've thought of a few features I'd love to see added:

+1 on this.  I would also like this to be enabled for scrypt only mining.  I have used it with a TP Link 703N and it is very stable and MUCH fewer rejects.

And while you are looking at improvements, check this link out regarding BFGminer:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6560478
Activity: 25

Good Luck!  Smiley

I love the improvements! I've thought of a few features I'd love to see added:
  • Implementation of Sandor111's(Siklon on GitHub) auto-tuning cgminer: https://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355
  • Graphs for hashrate, shares, HW errors etc
  • An average of hashrate reported by the pool
  • Downtime per pool
  • The ability to set x hours mining a pool before disabling said pool
  • Notifications for new updates
  • Temperatures? I don't know if it's possible but it would be a great feature

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

Good Luck!  Smiley
HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON
wow .. my topic really got popular  Cheesy

btw, now im using the latest gridseed firmware on gridseed controllers, uptime is great, over 4 days since im using it

GREAT!  Grin
Niceman from Coinmine.pw changed up somethings on his pool to optimize it for BFGMiner. I ran my gridseed minis and blade last night and had close to 0 rejects. Pool ran super smooth. Give that pool a try with Hashra Controla and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Unless the changes were made recently, when I tried it couple of weeks back, there was allot of rejects.  I tried the Canadian server thinking it will be closer and better for me being in Canada, it was worst than the US server.

I hope the change is recent.  Will give it a try.

Maxzilla,

When mining on a pool, I mentioned a while back that it turns red but still saying running.  I tried this on several pools.  Including wafflepool which Hashra does it's testing on, and I still get that.  It doesn't stay green.  Any ideas?
The other question I have is, will I be able now with the new firmware to up the hash rate from 850? As you mentioned earlier to me that the higher rates are for modified gridseeds.

I have never seen it myself, Where are you located? in canada? (maybe it's the internet connection) The red colour means the server is dead temporarily. I don't think it will show the server as running, if it does, then it's a bug. can you make a screenshot when this happens (with the syslog visible)?
I'll have a go at nicehash and test it myself
Activity: 252

Thanks

Unless the changes were made recently, when I tried it couple of weeks back, there was allot of rejects.  I tried the Canadian server thinking it will be closer and better for me being in Canada, it was worst than the US server.

I hope the change is recent.  Will give it a try.

Maxzilla,

When mining on a pool, I mentioned a while back that it turns red but still saying running.  I tried this on several pools.  Including wafflepool which Hashra does it's testing on, and I still get that.  It doesn't stay green.  Any ideas?

Pages:
Jump to: