Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed - page 3. (Read 39584 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
How are you powering your Pi?
Activity: 177
I have a noob question, I've been using several grids on windows and they all work fine.  I ordered a few pis to hook the grids up to for testing and I am having all sort of strange issues.  This is what I have so far.

latest scripta image, can load into the web interface for a few minutes then internet lights and connection cuts out.
latest hash-master image, internet will not cut out but will not detect my gridseeds whether connecting 1 or 2 directly into the 2 usb ports on the pi or thru an etekcity 2.0 hub same thing.
latest hashra controla image, boots up fine, sees 1 grid but then loses internet connection and can no longer access the web interface.
I accidentally unplugged all usb from the pi and internet connection stays on forever, I was able to update the controla to the latest update and set all the pools etc.  the min I plug in 1 gridseed into it, internet connectivity will cut out after a minute or so.
I was able to get the scripta image from the litecointalk forum to see 1 grid and hash.  however when I plug the 2nd one in and restart, it will not find any of the gridseed and will lose internet connection.  network lights go out on the pi.

This is really frustrating, what am I doing wrong?
I have tried 10 different raspberrys and 5 images on different sd cards, those are not it.  the grids were working on the same hubs in my windows machines.  Any help would be appreciated.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
what command do you use to reboot this thing? Im unable to login to the web interface an tried to reboot it via ssh. I tried sudo shutdown -r now and it says its shutting down but never does...

I think your pi is flooded. How many miners are connected to it?
before rebooting, can you also run this command?

Code:

This is like the windows taskmanager, what is hogging up all the resources?

With 20 GSD connected, after 24 hours unable to login via web interface but hashing away in the background. Here's the top output

http://i.imgur.com/1yVnBgv.jpg

Anything out of the ordinary?
Is it possible to force restart RPi every 24 hours without superuser via cron?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
how can we autoconnect wifi from restart?
Activity: 133
when is 1.5 dropping
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
If your RPi is not dealing with a heavy load and providing your running the unit on a good power supply, just overclock the RPi,  overclocking is now built into the standard OS Hashra has built their image on just login via SSH, and run:

sudo raspi-config

The RPi config screen will be shown, just choose overclocking and pick an option, this will not void your RPi warranty.

Activity: 126
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
I have 22 seeds connected. It seems to run fine for a few days and then will not allow me to login, although it continues mining just fine.
yea, that might be the problem. I don't know why but the pi becomes unstable when there are more than 20 miners connected to it. It's not logging in because it can't process the request properly. 20 should be ok though. I connected 25 on 1 pi once, I can log in, but the pi becomes horribly slow

i know I have seen you and others mention the 20 unit limit, i just assumed 22 would be fine. I'll try removing two and see what happens. I have a second pi but I wanted to run them all from one if possible.

Its odd how much processing power is required to manage miners. The pi is a fairly powerful system and you would think it can handle dishing out requests (or whatever it actually does). I have an older Core 2 Duo system with win7 and Bitcoin Core, solo mining with 7 Block Erupters and it brings that system to a halt! Its insanely slow while mining!

Thanks for the info tho, i'll give it a try!
Activity: 112
I have 22 seeds connected. It seems to run fine for a few days and then will not allow me to login, although it continues mining just fine.
yea, that might be the problem. I don't know why but the pi becomes unstable when there are more than 20 miners connected to it. It's not logging in because it can't process the request properly. 20 should be ok though. I connected 25 on 1 pi once, I can log in, but the pi becomes horribly slow
legendary
what command do you use to reboot this thing? Im unable to login to the web interface an tried to reboot it via ssh. I tried sudo shutdown -r now and it says its shutting down but never does...

I think your pi is flooded. How many miners are connected to it?
before rebooting, can you also run this command?

Code:

This is like the windows taskmanager, what is hogging up all the resources?
Activity: 126
For anyone interested, I did a 24 hour head-to-head test against a new RPI setup called Minera.  Results in thread linked below.  Spoiler Alert: Hashra won this round.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6624743
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
did you try just sudo reboot?
legendary
legendary
Good news Ladies & Gentleman…

We have now decided to release the SSH login details for the Gridseed Based products using the CONTROLA Firmware:

USER: pi

PASSWORD: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

ENJOY!  Smiley

thank you!
HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON
Good news Ladies & Gentleman…

We have now decided to release the SSH login details for the Gridseed Based products using the CONTROLA Firmware:

USER: pi

PASSWORD: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

ENJOY!  Smiley
Activity: 60
Great work with 1.4.5!  The individual settings and showing HW errors for each device is awesome, I've now been able to tune each miner almost perfect, maxing out each ones optimum setting. Interesting how some devices I can run at 900 with no errors, and some only at 850.

I know it's a real long shot and not required, but any chance of adding options like load-balance for mining with multiple pools?  I use this option with no quotas set for my GPU rigs and it works real well maxing out the work each rig does, and I can even mine different ones at the same time by sharing my hashrate and letting it pick the most efficient one.  Thanks for your hard work on this!
Activity: 252
New version firmware doesn't restart when you set a time under settings!

Anyone noticed that?
I noticed that... still trying to figure out why that is. Apparently there is a workaround for this a if you read a few posts back.
Changing the number, save it, and then change it again or something.

I tried that too.  I'll give it another try and see if it does it and update you.  I got the pics for you for the status going RED. but I don't know how I could attach the pics here.

Anyone noticed that?
I noticed that... still trying to figure out why that is. Apparently there is a workaround for this a if you read a few posts back.
Changing the number, save it, and then change it again or something.
Activity: 252

Anyone noticed that?
Pages:
Jump to: