Pages:
Author

Topic: hashra.com asic scrypt.... scam? - page 20. (Read 44883 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
March 22, 2014, 04:50:44 PM
good to hear dloganbill and thanks for the thorough updates through this process!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 22, 2014, 09:13:55 AM
Wow that is bull. Thankfully, my tracking status now says "Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB - USA" so I hope that means smooth sailing from now on. I didn't have any communication with DHL or customs.
March 22, 2014, 04:56:06 AM
ya total mess with customs for me. it's typical government bullshit. They demanded my SSN which as far as I'm concerned they hae no right to. Then they demanded I know what was in the box, so I explained that they were processors. Then they asked how many, to which I replied th quantity I ordered. I started to wonder if they had xrayed the box, they must have. It seems te invoice that hashra provided only stated the quantity of kits I purchased and info that it contained the processor unit, fan and heat sink. Seeing all of that listed they demanded an itemized list of everything. I explained that I had no knowledge if the prices. So I ended up going to the hashra website and made an estimate of each component and gave them a breakdown like that.

What's such bull is that he units were in the US customs Wednesday. It's now Friday and I've given them all of my info, yet they don't have the courtesy to tell me how long it will take or even if the info I've provided is adequate to satisfy their demands or what duty I may have to pay. For all I know it'll get delayed again on Monday.

Activity: 605
Merit: 500
March 22, 2014, 03:33:32 AM
Thanks 4 the info USAO... Looks like my package stuck in LA also. Not sure if I should call them or they will contact me if they need more info. Have you given your SSN to customs or DHL?
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
March 22, 2014, 12:21:04 AM
Anybody in the US who already got this package/s from Hashra? What are the fees or taxes you had to pay?
Hmm, I got my 20 from Hashra yesterday, everything went pretty smooth, no taxes or extra fees to Arizona. Only glitch was that Customs wanted my SSN to release the package from LA, so it sat there 3 days trying to work out that detail.
Other than that, I have everything mostly running now, was pretty easy. The Hashra Raspberry pi with the pre-loaded image works great, no problems at all.
Activity: 605
March 21, 2014, 11:42:18 PM
Anybody in the US who already got this package/s from Hashra? What are the fees or taxes you had to pay?
Activity: 413
March 21, 2014, 10:29:17 PM
DHL wanted to charge me 80 dollars to clear my package, went and did it myself and grabbed it. Still had to pay 300 dollars in taxes lol, god damn Canadian government.

Everything was well packed, the instructions on the website were clear, the Raspberry Pi rocks. Pretty satisfied
March 21, 2014, 10:00:18 PM
Mine is stucked in Customs already for a day and a half....hope they release it soon  Undecided
Mine have been in customs 3 days now Sad

Ya, here in city yesterday but doesn't look like I'm going to get it out of customs till monday.... oh well.

I was really excited. Yesterday evening I got a text from DHL that said my 6MH kit would deliver today. Sadly when I woke up this morning, the tracking status had changed to "Clearance Event" in customs. Hasn't changed all day so it's still sitting in OH. Guess I'll have to wait until next week Sad
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
March 21, 2014, 07:50:54 AM
I just had to come to make a small update; i've had all the miners running now for about 10+ hours (3,6MH/s, 850mhz) without any problems or crashing with raspian wheezy & cgminer. So yeah, although it took time to get the miners, I really think to include raspberry pi instead of the controller is a brilliant idea!

They do make a lot of noise I think- now if only there was a way to adjust the fans programmatically..

You can probably put some resistors to downvolt the fans or just unplug them completely. That's what I'm planning on doing, my GPU fans are loud enough haha

That's what I actually ended up doing- I unplugged the fans and now i'm in process (as in the PSU in in my bag right now) of replacing the included loud PSUs (they're almost as loud as all the 10 units! And they make the room smell like something you're not supposed to be inhaling too much:) with a better, quiter and meant to be in a room you're living in -type.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
March 21, 2014, 07:03:57 AM
So you released that hashra firmware for PI, but we cant change workers name, i modify the worker name, save, and than its still your worker ; how come ?
March 21, 2014, 02:04:12 AM
Mine is stucked in Customs already for a day and a half....hope they release it soon  Undecided

Ya, here in city yesterday but doesn't look like I'm going to get it out of customs till monday.... oh well.
Activity: 742
March 20, 2014, 10:01:37 PM
My review if anyone is interested:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5814195
Activity: 413
March 20, 2014, 07:21:46 PM
I just had to come to make a small update; i've had all the miners running now for about 10+ hours (3,6MH/s, 850mhz) without any problems or crashing with raspian wheezy & cgminer. So yeah, although it took time to get the miners, I really think to include raspberry pi instead of the controller is a brilliant idea!

They do make a lot of noise I think- now if only there was a way to adjust the fans programmatically..

You can probably put some resistors to downvolt the fans or just unplug them completely. That's what I'm planning on doing, my GPU fans are loud enough haha
Activity: 16
March 20, 2014, 06:12:09 AM

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
March 20, 2014, 06:01:58 AM
March 20, 2014, 01:55:01 AM
looks like mine is finally almost here... tomorrow it seems.
Activity: 10
March 20, 2014, 12:12:17 AM
Activity: 742
March 19, 2014, 06:29:30 PM
Quick update:

Received my box today.. (actually packed quite well, I was surprised).

Will post a review / unpacking pics / thoughts when time permits after setting things up.

(also received my ZH order today... just the usb cables and power connectors.. I believe I have another box coming with the rest of the accessories "soon")

Update to the update:  Everything up and running (using Scripta for now).. no issues at all.. will post a full review this week.
Activity: 609
March 19, 2014, 06:24:08 PM
update:  today have confirmed the shipment and send the tracking number! destination Alexandria Italy! Wooooh!

I made ​​the payment March 4, I waited a short time in comparison to others who are waiting for weeks ...

I will update ... Grin
March 19, 2014, 06:05:20 PM
Status update (Latest in Bold):
2/23/14-Ordered 6MH/S kit w/ accessories ($4,980 shipped) via CC (order #241)
2/25/14-I checked my credit card balance and the payment has been processed on my end.  There was also an additional $49.89 "international service fee" which I assume is a Visa thing. I sent an email requesting an estimated shipping date.
2/25/14-Got a friendly reply that reiterated the 7 day credit card policy.  They also confirmed that they would send a tracking number as soon as it shipped.  I replied to their message saying they should start a new thread instead of using this one.
2/26/14-Received another message agreeing that this thread isn't the best place for business.  Simon says they are working on setting up an official thread pretty soon.  He finished up with an apology about the credit card wait time (not that I was complaining) and said that if I had any questions, to get in touch with him. 
3/2/14-It has now been 7 days since I placed my order.  I sent a message yesterday (3/2) asking for the tracking number.  No reply yet as of today (3/3).
3/4/14-No replies yet, so I sent another email to Simon asking for a tracking number.  I'm going to try the squeaky wheel approach.  Just received an email from Simon verifying my CC payment. He said, "Your current estimated shipping out date for your units is between the 9th March - 16th March. I can tell you that it will most likely be closer to the first of those two dates."
3/9/14-It has now been 14 days since I placed my order and I still do not have a tracking number.  I was under the impression that Hashra was going to have a very strong supply chain, but I am getting nervous and irritated again.  I really wish I had ordered through Zoomhash.  I'm sure I would have 20 miners working toward ROI instead of 0 miners (and also received a better price).
3/10/14-Emailed Hashra for a status update on my order.  No reply.
3/12/14-Emailed Hashra asking for a tracking number.  Reminded them that their FAQ page says, "Expected maximum amount of time from any payment verification date to arrival of Miner is 14 days."  I am growing tired of the lack of transparency. My order status has been "Awaiting Fulfillment" for a very long time. It has been over a week since Simon emailed me to mention that my CC payment had been verified.  I'm getting close to cancelling my order.
3/13-14-Received the following email from Simon:
"Sorry for the long wait of your miners, we do promise that we always ship out within 14 days from when payment is verified and so far we have managed to stick to this promise. I can assure you that your order is shipping out this weekend which is still within the 14 days from when your card payment was verified. I'm sorry for the long wait and I understand how frustrating it is. We were hoping to get all deliveries out sooner than we had expected but we were not prepared for the number of orders that we have had to fulfil on. This has obviously resulted on an impact on shipping out times taking longer than we had hoped for. We are sorry for this. We will obviously give you tracking number details for your delivery as soon as it has left us. In the mean time if you do have any questions at all then please do get in touch. Kind Regards, Simon Bright"
3/15/14-I had replied to Simon complaining that his website and email don't agree. He apologized and also told me:
"I can give you some good news that your order is now being shipped out this weekend so you should expect email confirmation by the end of the weekend with tracking number details. I'm afraid I do not think it will arrive on your doorstep by the 18th though shouldn't be too far off that."
3/16/14-I woke up to an email stating that my order status has been updated to "awaiting shipping." The email had no tracking number. I logged into my Hashra account and there is no tracking number there either. So far I'm pretty disappointed. I feel like I've been lied to. It has now been a little over 3 weeks since I placed my order and I still do not have a tracking number. I would not recommend Hashra at this time. Hopefully they get organized and improve, but I'm afraid they have lost my business. I'm emailing him now that if I don't have a working (picked up and active) tracking number by tomorrow night, I will be canceling my order.
3/17/14-Received a tracking number and Hashra order status was updated to "Shipped."  The tracking number did not register on DHL's website.  I sent another grumpy email to Simon. Received this response from Simon. (Link) Didn't help my situation.
3/18/14-The tracking number was updated to "shipping information received" which means DHL does not have the package yet. Received another email from Hashra that linked to their new support page and they announced they were now shipping units with free Raspberry Pis and preloaded SD cards with their new firmware.  Made me very happy and IMO made up for the lengthy delays. (Link to announcement)
3/19/14-DHL tracking number was updated to received and processed out of Hong Kong.  Hopefully it arrives before the weekend!

Stay Tuned!
Pages:
Jump to: