Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashrate RX 570 - page 31. (Read 204245 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
April 02, 2017, 03:47:01 PM
I think 580/570 hashrate will be worse than 480/470 in Ethereum and maybe better with ZCash.
I think every card has power limit so you have only supply more core or more vram and if 5xx series will have higher core frequency than will be less room for vram.
Anyway I am looking for test results

what is to be considered from a gpu for mining eth/zec? ram clock?
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
April 02, 2017, 11:40:51 AM
The RX 5xx series is not a rebrand.
They are being made on an upgraded process that is reported to be a little more efficient (no hard figures yet though) and will allow them to be clocked about 5% faster than the corresponding RX 4xx series part.
 I'd guess probably 5-19% lower power at the 5% reported clock increase, but I could be WAY off on that power guess.

As far as hashrate goes - it will depend on the coin, memory-limited stuff like ETH probably will see no or barely any increase, core-limited stuff like ZEC should see a small increase.

Also, AMD has indicated that VEGA will not be targeting the mainstream where the existing RX series lives anytime soon - they're targeting the high-end, where the Fury/FuryX/Nano used to aim at.

I suspect that there will be a short-term "new card availability limits" price premium for the RX 5xx series, but after a couple months they should settle in at the same pricing we see now on the RX 4xx series.

The RX570 and 580 are rebrands from everything I've seen. They are still Ellesmere 14nm.

The only difference is slightly higher clocks and the Reference RX580 will have an 8 pin power connector vs 6 pin.

As a result of this, higher power consumption vs stock RX480 is expected due to higher clocks.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
April 02, 2017, 10:09:37 AM
Ethereum hashrate 25mh/s
Very bad :-(.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 02, 2017, 10:07:52 AM
Ethereum hashrate 25mh/s
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
April 02, 2017, 06:17:42 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the new AMD drivers suck for mining?.
If RX 500 comes out you would have to install the newest drives with signature check.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
April 01, 2017, 03:20:49 PM
I think 580/570 hashrate will be worse than 480/470 in Ethereum and maybe better with ZCash.
I think every card has power limit so you have only supply more core or more vram and if 5xx series will have higher core frequency than will be less room for vram.
Anyway I am looking for test results
Activity: 55
Merit: 7
April 01, 2017, 12:00:26 PM
Nothing but a re-brand, but why re-brand after only 6 months or so???

Don't even bother, wait until Vega.

The success of the Nvidia 10xx cards forced AMD to release the Vega line earlier than they wanted to in an attempt to compete.  Consequently, AMD needs to do something to sell off their stock of Polaris GPUs before the Vega series makes them obsolete.  That's my theory anyway.

-TBT
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
April 01, 2017, 05:37:40 AM
They are being made on an upgraded process that is reported to be a little more efficient (no hard figures yet though) and will allow them to be clocked about 5% faster than the corresponding RX 4xx series part.
 I'd guess probably 5-19% lower power at the 5% reported clock increase, but I could be WAY off on that power guess.

As far as hashrate goes - it will depend on the coin, memory-limited stuff like ETH probably will see no or barely any increase, core-limited stuff like ZEC should see a small increase.

Also, AMD has indicated that VEGA will not be targeting the mainstream where the existing RX series lives anytime soon - they're targeting the high-end, where the Fury/FuryX/Nano used to aim at.

I suspect that there will be a short-term "new card availability limits" price premium for the RX 5xx series, but after a couple months they should settle in at the same pricing we see now on the RX 4xx series.

That is good speculation. I think the improvement will be similar between R9 390 and 290.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 31, 2017, 10:49:23 PM

(EDIT - turns out the new process clocks higher but is a hair LESS efficient, power usage went UP on the 5xx series more than the clocks did).

Also, AMD has indicated that VEGA will not be targeting the mainstream where the existing RX series lives anytime soon - they're targeting the high-end, where the Fury/FuryX/Nano used to aim at (edit) and the GTX 1070 and up live.

Activity: 251
March 31, 2017, 03:32:04 AM

the rx 470 came out in July ------------------- 9 months
the rx 480 came out in late August ----------- 8 months

Why Re brand ?    I have a theory.

I think the whole re-brand is all about lower power consumption and maybe slightly better stock core clocks.
What's your theory Phil?
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
March 30, 2017, 10:58:46 PM
They might be a little more power efficient due to newer manufacturing process (LPP vs LPE for RX 400 series).
I'm not sure this efficiency increase might be worth the price difference though.

Actually the best thing for miners about these "new" GPUs is that the price of the RX 400 series will decrease.
Activity: 420
March 30, 2017, 09:19:08 PM
If they are more power efficient it may do a fair job lasting longer before being too inefficient. If there is a guarantee of Samsing memory that would also help

Still a joke of a new series. Pretty sure the NVidia 2000 is just rebranding also. Buying the current or soon to be previous gen was a great buying time
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
March 30, 2017, 08:04:04 PM

the rx 470 came out in July ------------------- 9 months
the rx 480 came out in late August ----------- 8 months

Why Re brand ?    I have a theory.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
March 30, 2017, 08:01:15 PM

Activity: 952
Merit: 508
March 30, 2017, 05:24:35 PM
What you think about the Hashrate? the Same as 470?

https://videocardz.com/67693/amd-radeon-rx-570-and-580-exposed

Higher Bandwith = better Hashrate?

lg Martin

it will be the exact same except for algos that use the GPU compute and not the memory. Those will be slightly higher at stock clocks

people will still underclock and undervolt for best power/performance.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
March 30, 2017, 04:44:12 PM
What you think about the Hashrate? the Same as 470?

https://videocardz.com/67693/amd-radeon-rx-570-and-580-exposed

Higher Bandwith = better Hashrate?

lg Martin
Pages:
Jump to: