Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods? - page 6. (Read 30587 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
You don't need to wait for every single store to accept bitcoin.
Get Bitcoin debit card (there are few available) that works for you.

These cards auto-convert your bitcoin balance to dollars during purchase, so store does not even need to know anything about bitcoin.
I used shift card which uses very fair rate (middle between Coinbase bid/ask spread at the time of purchase) and no extra fees, besides cash withdrawals.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
THIS ANDROID WALLET WILL SHOW YOU SHOPS IN YOUR AREA THAT TAKE BITCOIN
if there are any of course
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airbitz&hl=en
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I used Bitcoin often to purchase some services and goods online
And i hope that it becomes soon a global currency , so we can easily trading with Bitcoin's currency offline as well
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
lately I only frequent reload my phone in order to call the old, I was confused bitcoin should buy what I have, but I'll keep it until I knew the purpose of my collecting bitcoin  Grin

I do this too. I use it as my prepaid load and some are also reaching me for them to load up their prepaid phones. It is like a business now in our company office where they look for me to buy some prepaid load and I use my bitcoin for that. Plus I have some rebates.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
lately I only frequent reload my phone in order to call the old, I was confused bitcoin should buy what I have, but I'll keep it until I knew the purpose of my collecting bitcoin  Grin
Activity: 73
I used it to buy gas, Apple iPhone 6s, stuff from Amazon and even groceries:
http://www.mensk.com/shift-card-bitcoin-visa-debit-card-that-changes-the-game/
Activity: 70
Personally i am looking to buy a laptop (pc or mac) with good performance.
If i find any here or in any store that accepts bitcoin then yes i will spend my bitcoin.
But until now i haven't found any good and cheap so i am holding.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I have tried a couple of times spending bitcoin to purchase some electronic components, but the amount of work to purchase and refill the wallet with same amount of bitcoin is just too much hassle, it does not worth the effort. As long as there are exchanges providing conversion to local currency, I always exchange to local currency and spend, just like when I travel abroad

The appearance of bitcoin debit card make the spending all much easier

you try purse.io, it let you purchase on amazon with bitcoin, it's very easy, and refilling your wallet is not much different than converting in fiat to buy with fiat

you can also use newegg if you live in the USA, they acept bitcoin

How much fee does purse.io charge? If not, how can purse.io make a living?

I use the retailer website directly if they accpet bitcoin.

their fee is proportionate  to the discount you choose, with higher discount there is a higher fee of course
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
I have tried a couple of times spending bitcoin to purchase some electronic components, but the amount of work to purchase and refill the wallet with same amount of bitcoin is just too much hassle, it does not worth the effort. As long as there are exchanges providing conversion to local currency, I always exchange to local currency and spend, just like when I travel abroad

you try purse.io, it let you purchase on amazon with bitcoin, it's very easy, and refilling your wallet is not much different than converting in fiat to buy with fiat

How much fee does purse.io charge? If not, how can purse.io make a living?

I use the retailer website directly if they accpet bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Just bought a new GPU from newegg.

also I now have a shift card, visa card that pulls fiat from a coinbase account.
Activity: 798
Just yesterday I used my bitcoin  as a mean of paying the electric bill. Due to lack of physical money I need to use it so our electric line wont be disconnected for now.
Interesting, did you convert you btc to fiat or your electric company just accepts btc as mean of payment ?
I searched in google "pay bills with bitcoin" and there are really lots of results, one which was interesting is bitbill which is mostly for eu citizens.
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
Just yesterday I used my bitcoin  as a mean of paying the electric bill. Due to lack of physical money I need to use it so our electric line wont be disconnected for now.
Interesting, did you convert you btc to fiat or your electric company just accepts btc as mean of payment ?
Activity: 798
I have used bitcoin to sell for cash then i bought real physical goods, but directly i haven't found any local merchant that accepts bitcoin yet.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Yes,

I used BC to make a hotel reservation once. Worked great! I had to prove to my wife that Bitcoin was actually currency, so I bought her a 10 oz bar of silver online and had it sent to her. She's a believer now!
Activity: 728
I used it once to buy me a pair of shoes online afterthat I neer get to use it to purchase again since I don't have enough coins to buy goods. I oftenly use i now to top up my mobile.Smiley
Activity: 112
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Im doing my part time studies and one of my classmates needed to submit a Cisco packet tracer project which he had yet to begin. I sold him mine for 0.1btc as I knew he had some cloud mining accounts. First physical btc transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
Never do trade in real life using bitcoin , I just wondering I can spend bitcoin to buy a wishkey or a hotdogs.
Due here at Singapore not yet many merchants/ store accepting bitcoin as knowledge about bitcoin very few .
Wish very soon stores around the world accepting bitcoin, so we can do trade in real life using bitcoin not only online.
Activity: 658
once to buy some hosting, but I prefer to convert it into a fiat currency first, then spend it,
I think it's easier and everyone accept fiat money, in contrast to bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: