Pages:
Author

Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments - page 11. (Read 248078 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
What can be done to backup 2FA?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
It's up. But wait for un update before loggin in.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Really hoping they come online soon after the Gox debacle.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
So the share is "attached" to my... what? wallet that was generated by havelock? e-mail?

Your email, I think.

It's your email for those securities administered by TAT anyway (ASICminer, NEOBEE, etc), so I assume it would be the same with others.
So the share is "attached" to my... what? wallet that was generated by havelock? e-mail?

If database goes dead, how can I prove that I own the share?

There are (or should be) records kept by the issuers of the securities, updated at regular intervals, and they would have those off-site.
If database goes dead, how can I prove that I own the share?
copper member
Activity: 224
no update yet. im panicy
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Any update on why the site is down?
American1973
that'll get them to panic liquidate for sure!

F*** that my HMF shares are shitty no WAY am I selling at these levels.  Come on havelock, snatch up your own fund rather than floating all these derpCos
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Is the website offline?

Since yesterday it's really slow or doesn't respond at all  Sad
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
I must guess that they didn't send an email to avoid spreading unjustified panic and more importantly to avoid overloading the support team.
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
I'm locked out, too. No warning is ridiculous.

Edit: Support got back to me in about 30 minutes, so they're on top of it, at least.
Activity: 150
Yes mine is blocked as well, it is hardh for me becouse am not in their time zone so probably anys aswer before I go sleep - so one day without trading
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Ugh, locked out of my account, too. No email notification, no notice at login page, just "Your account is locked". Dick move, havelock.

Waiting for support to answer.
Activity: 168
   [/tantrums] 

It doesn't sound to me like anyone is forcing anything, other than forcing account holders to acknowledge that they are aware of the provided security measures, and if they are not implemented, it is through personal choice. send an email to unlock/acknowledge, and that's it. carry on as if you were normal.

[resume tantrums]

which might make sense if they sent an e-mail or notification or post on their site or anything, other than induce panic

at least havelock has a clear mission though:

if more than one fund has a price above it's ipo for more than a week, they'll just lock users out of their accounts without warning!  that'll get them to panic liquidate for sure!
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
   [/tantrums] 

It doesn't sound to me like anyone is forcing anything, other than forcing account holders to acknowledge that they are aware of the provided security measures, and if they are not implemented, it is through personal choice. send an email to unlock/acknowledge, and that's it. carry on as if you were normal.

[resume tantrums]
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
PSA: We have recently upgraded our security features and your account may have gotten temporarily LOCKED if you did not have any of the security features enabled.

Please email us at [email protected] from your account's email address to have your account unlocked.

Once you log back into your account please remember to enable to security features we offer to protect your account.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

PSA  PFA public facist alarm.... 

Implement your personal security as we tell you to, or we'll lock you out of all your accounts and hold all your money hostage

You guys have just sunk to new lows. How about implementing some of the security measures that have been suggested in this thread, rather than force redundant security on those of us that do not need it or wish to use it?
Activity: 147
no, not really think so (yet?  Roll Eyes ), but very unpleasant surprise must say...
it's resolved almost instantly after emailig them, but but but...
Activity: 147
locked too.
without pre-notice?! nothing? no email about or such?? wtf. Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: