Pages:
Author

Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments - page 12. (Read 248078 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
PSA: We have recently upgraded our security features and your account may have gotten temporarily LOCKED if you did not have any of the security features enabled.

Please email us at [email protected] from your account's email address to have your account unlocked.

Once you log back into your account please remember to enable the security features we offer to protect your account.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Resolved, dread to think how much that phonecall to Panama cost me though Wink
Activity: 546
Anyone else just get their account locked on havelock? Emailed contact but that's rather concerning, there's a fair amount of my money in there..
Activity: 518

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

On March 1, 2014, TAT Investments will transfer control of the AM1,  AM100, and SMG listings at HavelockInvestments.com to the direct control of Havelock Investments.

None of these funds are closing at this time. A new e-mail address for AM1 transfer requests will be provided at the end of this month.

None of the fund terms are changing other than to replace TAT Investments.

All underlying assets that represent these passthrough shares will also be transferred to Havelock. The direct shares will be held at 1J5fvfUrDcZj8rrpVHMgn8u7sXee84QkPd.

This also means that ThickAsThieves will no longer hold a board seat with ASICMINER, and a representative from Havelock will instead.

NEOBEE is not changing operators.
[
PLEASE enable 2 factor for things such as trading and withdrawing!

We did. You are now required to enter your 2FA pin for withdrawals and to disable the 2FA feature.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments
Activity: 453

A few days ago user empoweoqwj claimed he was hacked on our site, even while he had 2FA enabled.

He has sent us emails to our [email protected] and we have been trying to reply to his emails directly. However for some reason (SPAM filtering, or his email account has been compromised) he has not received our replies. We have tried to reach out to him through the PM system through this forum as well, but have yet to hear from him.

empoweoqwj please feel free to contact us directly at any time at:

Telephone Toll-free Canada/USA: 1-866-978-8076
Telephone International/Panama: +507-832-2461

According to our own internal audit we have never had a 2FA account compromised. We offer a BTC10 reward to anyone that can repeatedly prove that he can hack an account which has 2FA enabled.

Havelock Investments

Hmmm..... M. P. O. E. Sounds suspicious.
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

A few days ago user empoweoqwj claimed he was hacked on our site, even while he had 2FA enabled.

He has sent us emails to our [email protected] and we have been trying to reply to his emails directly. However for some reason (SPAM filtering, or his email account has been compromised) he has not received our replies. We have tried to reach out to him through the PM system through this forum as well, but have yet to hear from him.

According to our own internal audit we have never had a 2FA account compromised. We offer a BTC10 reward to anyone that can repeatedly prove that he can hack an account which has 2FA enabled.

Havelock Investments

PLEASE enable 2 factor for things such as trading and withdrawing!

Havelock Investments
Activity: 364
I second the idea of having a fixed withdrawal-adress! Maybe have a two week time-lock and an email notification if you want to change the adress afterall.

This would impact the ease of use in a minimal way, while dramaticly enhancing the security.

Also, if the fixed withdrawal address is not mandatory, we need to also have an external wallet address that users set for proof of ownership, like Bitfunder had, just in case something happens to Havelock.

+1

I would also like to lock by IP and would like changes to these settings to take a fixed time period + require email confirmation if I so choose.

All optional of course.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
To pick this up:

Is 2FA disabled when you request a new password? I don't think so.

But in case of Google Mail you could have control over the 2FA authenticating entity...

This is to my best knowledge not possible, see also:

http://www.howtogeek.com/130755/how-to-move-your-google-authenticator-credentials-to-a-new-android-phone-or-tablet/
Activity: 518

Here at Havelock we take security issues very seriously.

We have never had any issues with users that enabled 2FA on their account. We have contacted the person that has made the claim that is account has been compromised and are looking to resolve the matter has soon as possible.

Trying to balance ease of use and security is never easy, especially in the Bitcoin realm. We can always add additional security features but those will always slow down the user experience.

So we turn to you, our valued customers, what features would like us to add to our platform?

1. Confirmation email before any action is taken; some but not all actions.

2. Pending withdrawal of your Bitcoins; time lock?

3. Lock account by IP address?

We always value your opinions and we strive to serve the Bitcoin community to the best of our ability.

Also we can assure everyone that it was not an "inside rogue employee"

Thank you,

Support Team
Havelock Investments

This is the Asciminer thread so we should probably move this discussion over to havelock exchange, although if you remember Havelock suggestions have been made in the past, had these been implemented this sort of thing could not so easily happen
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3661143

withdrawals should be locked to a specific BTC address and multisig should be signed for share transfer. This would at least stop funds leaving the accounts. YOU WERE WARNED.

I second the idea of having a fixed withdrawal-adress! Maybe have a two week time-lock and an email notification if you want to change the adress afterall.

This would impact the ease of use in a minimal way, while dramaticly enhancing the security.

Also, if the fixed withdrawal address is not mandatory, we need to also have an external wallet address that users set for proof of ownership, like Bitfunder had, just in case something happens to Havelock.
Activity: 378
I would also love to see fixed withdrawal-adress as i was suggesting this months ago.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251

We have never had any issues with users that enabled 2FA on their account. We have contacted the person that has made the claim that is account has been compromised and are looking to resolve the matter has soon as possible.

Trying to balance ease of use and security is never easy, especially in the Bitcoin realm. We can always add additional security features but those will always slow down the user experience.

So we turn to you, our valued customers, what features would like us to add to our platform?

We always value your opinions and we strive to serve the Bitcoin community to the best of our ability.

Thank you,

Support Team
Havelock Investments

This is the Asciminer thread so we should probably move this discussion over to havelock exchange, although if you remember Havelock suggestions have been made in the past, had these been implemented this sort of thing could not so easily happen

withdrawals should be locked to a specific BTC address and multisig should be signed for share transfer. This would at least stop funds leaving the accounts. YOU WERE WARNED.

Activity: 544

Thank you,

Support Team
Havelock Investments

Copied here as it's the relevant thread. These issues were pointed out in NOVEMBER.

On a side note, If I were in Havelocks position now I would be experimenting on ways to migrate their centralised exchange model to a decentralised open transactions model. Its is only a matter of time before your business model is made redundant, why not be the first company to make the switch?
Activity: 378
Havelock, is your exchange affected in any way by recent malleability issue? Yes-No
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
down :/
Why did you remove the price from the top of the page?

We are working on adding a different ticker.
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Why did you remove the price from the top of the page?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Noticed a support desk url was added to the main page nice
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Would it be possible to get a comment from Havelock regarding the hearings in NY and the projected way forward for the exchange?

The regulators sounded rather hawkish with regards to Bitcoin security exchanges and although this all went down in the US, and Havelock is based in Panama, we all know very well that the US government isn't exactly famous for minding their own business.

How does Havlock intend to deal with potential problems/threats thrown their way from the US (I am particularly worried about the lack of proper client identification)? I am based in Europe, but i suspect most of the clientele on the website are in the United States so I would not be the least bit surprised if Uncle Sam now wants to stick his nose right up into Havelock matters.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: