Pages:
Author

Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments - page 13. (Read 248078 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Gave it another try and it worked. My problem was I was just unchecking all the boxes but the 'Withdrawals from my account' notification is required.
Activity: 42
Email Settings Save Failure

I keep getting this error when trying to opt-out of emails. With three emails being received for every public offering, it's getting spammy.  Undecided
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
 Fees seem a little excessive these days

Withdrawal fee*   ฿0.0010 (฿0.0005 network transaction fee, ฿0.0005 to Havelock)

*Why do we charge a withdrawal fee?

For several reasons...

• To to support the bitcoin network and miners

• To ensure the network processes our transactions in a timely manner

neither of these two reasons justify havelock taking 0.0005BTC is it not about time this half of the fee was dropped?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
ALERT!

Lightbox has allowed VirtEx, Canada's largest btc exchange and one of Havelock's first IPOs, to exit the exchange at the end of the year after a 4000 btc reap back in March, now worth $3.6M.

VirtEx never paid a single dividend and are not buying out their investors or desolving their business. Quite the opposite. They're probably in the midst of an expansion restruction but not to the benefit of any of their Havelock investors. They have been promised "certificates" in another company called Alberta, that will likely not be denominated in btc, yield btc dividends, or be tradeable in btc. Oh, and btw, trading in VTX shares closed simultaneous to the very vague email announcement that went out to shareholders.

Think twice before you forfeit valuable btc to any enterprise on any exchange. It's gold rush Deadwood out there and if you're not careful, you may get your throat cut.

Compare and contrast.

It has nothing to do with "any exchanges". It's all about "all the scum that's not MPEx".
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
ALERT!

Lightbox has allowed VirtEx, Canada's largest btc exchange and one of Havelock's first IPOs, to exit the exchange at the end of the year after a 4000 btc reap back in March, now worth $3.6M.

VirtEx never paid a single dividend and are not buying out their investors or desolving their business. Quite the opposite. They're probably in the midst of an expansion restruction but not to the benefit of any of their Havelock investors. They have been promised "certificates" in another company called Alberta, that will likely not be denominated in btc, yield btc dividends, or be tradeable in btc. Oh, and btw, trading in VTX shares closed simultaneous to the very vague email announcement that went out to shareholders.

Think twice before you forfeit valuable btc to any enterprise on any exchange. It's gold rush Deadwood out there and if you're not careful, you may get your throat cut.

Activity: 672
I was looking for some feedback about HL and found this post. I read the entire thread and my conclusion is that I'm gonna trust these guys to invest in a fund that happens to be located next to my door !
In an ideal world Havelock would have no controlling part in this process and it be used as part of a multisig system as mentioned above to ensure your customers and not Havelock are in absolute control of their own finances.
I fail to see how that could work. If they don't have full control of the coins, you shouldn't be able to buy securities with them, or they couldn't pay the other guy.

In any case, that 2FA message is ridiculous. No, I won't enable it, stop nagging me please.

I see your point, but I was really referring to account balances, obviously once you set up a buy or sell order the escrow system comes in place, but then that is 'with permission'

Whilst i'm a big fan of extra security, I really don't think your current system holds up to the brave new world of Bitcoin users.

Speculative maybe? but the average Bitcoin user is now recently wealthy, travelling male working mobile from various locations on a global scale. Just look at all the similar faces at each Bitcoin conference or meetup.

So restricting login to a single of even multiple country IP addresses is a waste of time at best and a frustration at worst.
Secondly what's the biggest pain in the arse with Google 2FA ..... loosing your phone. (hint travelling businessmen do this regularly)

Why not instead, or as a third option set up each account with the option of fixing it to a public address and set up an AUTOMATED withdrawal system whereby any stock transfer or withdrawal over a specified level requires the account owner to sign their public address and paste the sig to confirm the transaction.

In an ideal world Havelock would have no controlling part in this process and it be used as part of a multisig system as mentioned above to ensure your customers and not Havelock are in absolute control of their own finances.

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
What is this hot wallet nonsense. With bitcoin reaching all time highs the site should be more responsible and have enough available to allow users transfer their own money out of the exchange.

Ahahaha prime retard rib #2. I see "the community" is really working overtime these days.

What with fiat reaching all time lows and all that.
Activity: 364
What is this hot wallet nonsense. With bitcoin reaching all time highs the site should be more responsible and have enough available to allow users transfer their own money out of the exchange.

I think you need to be briefed on security 101.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Could the withdrawal fees be lowered? BTC0.1 is now $10!

Withdrawal fee is 0.001 = $1.2.

I wouldn't mind that idea as well the network standard fee is still 0.0001 so it is possible to lower the fee relay given the current price
mintxfee    0.0001 (BTC)
Activity: 234
Merit: 101

Withdrawal fee is 0.001 = $1.2.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
How long does converting from AM1 Havelock to direct ASICminer shares take on average?
Activity: 17
Activity: 476
there's a lot that needs to be done for this exchange to be taken seriously. 
Activity: 11
+1!!!
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
+1 - Great Idea!

^This^

+1
Pages:
Jump to: