Pages:
Author

Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments - page 18. (Read 248078 times)

legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Would love to see a few additions to the site:

- What happened to the functionality that was enabled for about a day that allowed you to click on your book value and see a breakdown as to how the calculation was made?

-One thing that bothers about the Book Value Calculation is that my book value is always a reflection of ALL my previous buys/sells. When I reentered ASICMiner @ 2.95 yesterday I am shown a book value that is calculated using my previous entry/exit and it is not obvious to me what my current entry price/profit is for this trade.

-I would also love to see the ability to see a total of all dividends received by a particular security.

Security
I can't help but feel like my account is not very secure if someone was able to hijack my session. I have 2 factor enabled but there appears to be no stop from somebody hijacking my session, selling all my shares and then withdrawing all my coins to their address which has me very nervous considering the amount of coins I trust with this site. I also find that my session can remain logged in for days so this window is pretty huge unless I remember to specifically log off all the time. Perhaps the ability to enable 2 factor for each individual trade and withdraw would be a good solution. Maybe also the ability to lock withdrawals to one address?

Thank you!
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Good work guys!  Grin
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Hi everyone, the recent outtage has been resolved, and the SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM FINALLY IDENTIFIED.

This is the same issue that has been affecting the site, on-and-off, for the last 2-3 weeks.

I wont normally describe in detail the causes of these types of problems, but in this case I think it is warranted so everyone knows exactly what was going on.

- about a month and a half ago we switched our websocket for streaming trade data, order data, etc, from our own custom solution, to the hosted-service www.pusher.com

- pusher.com (to their credit) was extremely easy to implement and worked very, very well for the first few weeks.

- our server has very strict firewall settings, so when pusher.com was setup, our firewall hole was opened to allow our server outgoing connections to the pusher API server, in order for us to push events to it to be re-broadcast over the websocket to all connected clients

- sometime over the past few weeks, the IP address of the pusher.com api server changed occasionally (maybe low priority round robin dns for automatic failover on their end?)  so sometimes our server would be connecting to the correct IP that our firewall allows, or sometimes (very rarely, but increasingly frequent) it would be trying to connect to a different, FIREWALLED IP address.

- last night, it appears the IP address has changed more permanently (or, who knows, maybe it will change again)

- the reason the site was running slow, or not at all, is that when the site became active which caused pusher.com events to be triggered during key database session transactions (such as within the locked trade transaction) the system was waiting 30 seconds per pusher event for the pusher connection to timeout before continuing.  This cause all the other users/clients waiting on that locked transaction to have to wait for access to that data.

SOLUTIONS:

- I have now added the new IP to the firewall, and requested from their support staff a list of all possible IP's that it might resolve to, much in the way cloudflare provides a list of their IP's.

- I have lowered the timeout from 30 seconds to 2 seconds

- I have moved all pusher.com events outside of locked transactions

With this, I hope the issue is finally resolved.  I sincerely apologize for the recent problems you may have experienced with the site over the past few weeks, and thank you for your patience while we figured out the root cause.

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
 James

Activity: 147
...It's not just you....
good to know... Roll Eyes
thanks
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
posting because nothing stated here or on twitter.

it's only me suffering today (whole day) and almost unable to access the site?
trying from two absolutely differently routed ISPs - the same. site is sluggish / cloud-flaired...
have an impression, that havelock's team is not aware of...
...or it's just me?
It's not just you. It's been unusable for me for some of today.
posting because nothing stated here or on twitter.

it's only me suffering today (whole day) and almost unable to access the site?
trying from two absolutely differently routed ISPs - the same. site is sluggish / cloud-flaired...
have an impression, that havelock's team is not aware of...
...or it's just me?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1098
An AA rated Bandoneonista
that's great feature to have.

can you make this "Xfr" link stand a little apart from "Buy|Sell" link? Or capitalize it at least (=> "XFR"), or something...
this should be good in both design and precaution views(?)

+1
that's great feature to have.

can you make this "Xfr" link stand a little apart from "Buy|Sell" link? Or capitalize it at least (=> "XFR"), or something...
this should be good in both design and precaution views(?)
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
New feature at Havelock: Transfer units directly to another user or fund issuer ( If supported by the issuer as with XBOND).  On the fund overview page, the xfer is link is beside each the buy/sell link for each fund you own.
https://www.havelockinvestments.com
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I see XFR!  Grin
Great update

Also congrats on HIM news Smiley

Was going to announce the XFR function tomorrow after the quiet rollout tonight... but you beat me to it :p  And yes, also great news for HIM!  The BFL SC Singles are starting to flow!

He-he I was just observing at the right time Cheesy
And definite congrats on those BFL Singles XD hopefully one of many
I see XFR!  Grin
Great update

Was going to announce the XFR function tomorrow after the quiet rollout tonight... but you beat me to it :p  And yes, also great news for HIM!  The BFL SC Singles are starting to flow!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I see XFR!  Grin
Great update

Why is Havelock constantly going down? I've lost count of how many times I've seen the CloudFare page over the past few weeks...

we're investigating.. all i can say for now is that there are _NO_PROBLEMS_ with the actual servers that run Havelock.. it seems to be a networking issue upstream somewhere.

James
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
If the CFIG IPO sells out before the 2013-08-31 end date, will normal trading begin at that point, or would it be held up until that end date? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Why is Havelock constantly going down? I've lost count of how many times I've seen the CloudFare page over the past few weeks...
Havelock is down.  We're working on getting it up and will advise shortly. 

And we're back up and running. 
Havelock is down.  We're working on getting it up and will advise shortly. 
Activity: 146
Site is down for me again.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
its back  Grin ty
Activity: 291
Site still down.   Huh    Huh   Huh
Pages:
Jump to: