Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit) - page 2. (Read 565630 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Maybe they don´t realize that it pays .00001231 per week.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
who fat fingered or did I miss something?
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
Its weird that they moved from ghash to Slush, ghash has no fees and they got merged minting Now peta pays fees and no merged coins... And when everyone voted it was ~90% for p2pool and it was clear to move to it but no... it was a scam to get price moving and get alot p2pool users to get in.
Was there a voting for Slush?

Be carefull when investing on cloud services like peta or amhash.

"June 28th, 2014 - Dear unit holders.

These are the results of the survey. 68% of all unit holders have cast their vote:

- Yes, PetaMine should switch over to P2Pool – 96%
- No, PetaMine should stay with ghash.io – 3%
- No, Petamine should switch to another pool like Eligius or BTCGuild – 1%

The result is clear that a big majority of unit holders prefer a switch to p2pool. As we were performing additional tests the past week, we have to inform you that unfortunately the Bitfury systems are not compatible with p2pool. We are currently working on a solution for this and we will switch to p2pool as soon as we are able to fix this problem.

Team CryptX"
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
If somebody foolishly thinks there will be some dividend this week he better forget it now, too little coins mined at too low exchange rate. In fact shareholders currently owe PETA about 14BTC (barely 10BTC/day mined per day, 12BTC/day needed to cover maintenance costs at USD320/BTC).

Isn't it time to sell hardware finally?  Wink

Wow, ฿0.00000437 dividend? What is my lame analysis against Cryptx generosity? So basically he is investing 5BTC weekly from his pocket in order to keep this vehicle going on. I am giving up for now, I didn't know this is charity event  Cheesy

437 satoshi for the past week.. 62 satoshi per day.

1GH = 1275 satoshi per day.
$0.105/GH/month = ~1057 satoshi per day @331 (1167 @300)

Difference should yield 100-200+ satoshi's per day. Anyone keeping track of slush' pool luck?
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
If somebody foolishly thinks there will be some dividend this week he better forget it now, too little coins mined at too low exchange rate. In fact shareholders currently owe PETA about 14BTC (barely 10BTC/day mined per day, 12BTC/day needed to cover maintenance costs at USD320/BTC).

Wow, ฿0.00000437 dividend? What is my lame analysis against Cryptx generosity? So basically he is investing 5BTC weekly from his pocket in order to keep this vehicle going on. I am giving up for now, I didn't know this is charity event  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

Isn't it time to sell hardware finally?  Wink

I have not been checking on PETA in a long time
But decreasing difficulty and price
So by that logic now is as good a time as any to buy newer efficient hardware and sell the old batch while saving operation costs and units

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
how do you think is it still worth to invest in here a little or is it way too late ?  Smiley Roll Eyes
Avoid this asset at all costs.  Far better out there with far less unscrupulous behavior.

I agree I was with Petamine a month or so ago for a short period and made a small profit but the payouts are so unpredictable its hard to calculate a good buy and sell point. There are so much better options out there even on havelock AMHASH is a much better play.

does petamine pay out weekly?

No they pay out daily, its just at the point where costs are exceeding daily earnings and you are not seeing a payment made every day for that reason.
well if they were using ghash at 0.105 a gh per day, then you are not going to see anything, i noticed the price of the gh units were very good, but the history of payouts started getting less and less
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
how do you think is it still worth to invest in here a little or is it way too late ?  Smiley Roll Eyes
Avoid this asset at all costs.  Far better out there with far less unscrupulous behavior.

I agree I was with Petamine a month or so ago for a short period and made a small profit but the payouts are so unpredictable its hard to calculate a good buy and sell point. There are so much better options out there even on havelock AMHASH is a much better play.

No they pay out daily, its just at the point where costs are exceeding daily earnings and you are not seeing a payment made every day for that reason.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
legendary
Too late? Be happy you're late.
RIght now, expected divs are as close to zero as to be zero for practical purposes.
Some might want to gamble on BTC appreciating (lowering fees) and difficulty remaining flatish for at least some time. IN that case you could make a profit, price per GH is low,  but understand that if btc stays where it is, and/or next gen asics come online next month, net value of these shares will be ~0.

So if you want to gamble on a BTC appreciating, Id say: buy some BTC.
Activity: 518
legendary
keep calm & collect dividends!

Hows that been working out for ya lately?
legendary
And last comment for a while:
Considering 2% pool fee at slush's pool, looking into Peta dividends received and the pool stats
https://blockchain.info/address/1PETAmNrgdzx3FwzJPNuhx18JVKdGtwWt6
https://beta.mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/blocks/?page=1

it's visible PETA has only 9-9.5% of pool hashrate share (income from block at about 2.3-2.4BTC instead of ca 2.6-2.7)which is currently at 10.5PH. Seems that PETA is in reality mining at about 100THs lower level than it should. That would point to user user_960703 in pool stats - mining at about 1.03 PHs. That would explain current dividend 'problems'.

I am unfamiliar with p2pool, but is it possible to see individual statistics unlike on Cex?  that would also explain why they didn't switch, as it would have been apparent that each share was not 1 gh/s after all.
And last comment for a while:
Considering 2% pool fee at slush's pool, looking into Peta dividends received and the pool stats
https://blockchain.info/address/1PETAmNrgdzx3FwzJPNuhx18JVKdGtwWt6
https://beta.mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/blocks/?page=1

it's visible PETA has only 9-9.5% of pool hashrate share (income from block at about 2.3-2.4BTC instead of ca 2.6-2.7)which is currently at 10.5PH. Seems that PETA is in reality mining at about 100THs lower level than it should. That would point to user user_960703 in pool stats - mining at about 1.03 PHs. That would explain current dividend 'problems'.
Actually moving to slush will worsen the variance results. For example yesterday the pool found only 1 block, which means 2.4 BTC for Peta. Just daily maintenance fees are at about 9 BTC. Even weekly period for dividend payout is not enough to get smooth results. Last 4 days earnings are at BTC 33.4, so no dividend to be expected for another few days...
The main problem of Peta are high fees, so it is difficult to catch for those satoshis remaining for dividend payout...
legendary

So either ghash is having terrible luck, not paying out correctly or cryptx is not pointing all its hashrate at the pool.
So I checked its stats, and WTF ?

http://www.petamine.co/stats/

I guess they are moving to another pool and didnt feel the need to tell anyone?
Either way, until yesterday the chart does still show the full ~1150TH at ghash, so for now Im gonna blame either ghash or bad luck at ghash and assume thats why cryptx is moving to another pool. But it would be wise to follow this up and ask him to comment.

Ooops, so my idea of analyzing ghash.io blocks will be useless if he left the pool...
Apparently they have left ghash.io in favor of Slush (Huh)
CryptX announcement from today on havelockinvestments:

December 11th, 2014 - Dear unit holders,

We switched pools from ghash.io to Slush pool as we have slightly improved performance there and the pool also has a better historical variance compared to ghash.io (although this is no guarantee for future variance). The switch hasn't caused any mining downtime and we have already received the first payouts. Payouts occur after 100 confirmations of finding a block. We are still working on the stats page as we need to alter our code to match the API of Slush pool.

Team CryptX

Slightly improved performance?  Each share represents 1 GH/s, and they should be at 1150 GH/s no matter the pool, any improved performance of units are going straight into their pockets, or is the contract changing and they are paying more out to people than 1 GH/s?
its not a fixed 1GH like AMhash is setup, on unlucky days you get lower payments on lucky days you should get more then 1GH would normally mine

although it still doesnt add on on cryptxs side

No it isn't a fixed 1 GH/s, but if they were mining with 1150 GH/s like they are supposed to be on Cex.io and so is AmHash, then the payouts should be rather similar, minus the maintenance fees difference.  1 GH/s on the pool will mine what 1 GH/s mines each day at the same pool, doesn't matter which company that 1 GH/s is for.  So, they should be mining with 1150 GH/s, it shouldn't matter about any "improved efficiency" as you should still be seeing 1 GH/s worth of mining each day.

I guess they need to better explain what they mean by, "improved efficiency".  Because it certainly shouldn't/couldn't mean that the rigs are running faster, as the only reason for the switch then would be to line their pockets even more.
Anyway this is good news from transparency point of view because slush's pool has much better public stats. For example it would be nice if cryptx could setup some identifiable username so we can follow the stats here:
https://beta.mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/hall-of-fame/
Pages:
Jump to: