Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX - page 24. (Read 64067 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Very interested in hearing what the "official" game-plan with scrypt-cryptx is as well.  Nice to see the slight price increase though.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Elvis no disrespect but where is your intel coming from that Bitcoin price will rise higher??? If we don't do anything now our share price will keep plummeting as it has been for the past few weeks!
Oh wow are you going to feel silly in a couple months. With that said, we should probably be putting some (30-40%?) of the reinvestment funds into new equipment while waiting for the price to push higher.

The early bird gets the worm buddy, why not go all out now? How are you all thinking BTC prices are going to skyrocket I don't understand what crystal ball you guys are using?

It's not about btc price speculating, it's about the current miners in the market are too expensive and power hungry.
Soon there will be some more efficient miners come out, and more difference brand miners causing price competition , I think Cryptx is waiting for this.

It would be nice to hear that exact game plan from the man himself. What is the plan of attack and how long a wait are we talking...
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
This was the update

Quote from: cryptx
Update about this weeks dividend payout:

Calculation:
1,875 LTC or 32.3 BTC in total from mining
- 12.01203053 BTC as dividend (0.00040805 BTC/share)
- 18.01804580 BTC reinvestment
- 2.26992366 BTC as hosting fee

LTC/BTC ratio is still under pressure as BTC is gaining in value. The good news is that our reinvestment funds also grow in USD value, which should have a positive effect on our purchasing power for new hardware.

@CRYPTX or anyone that might explain this

could you please explain why the amount of LTC mined was ~17.43% (1875/2271) lower when the difficulty only increased by ~11-14.5%. This would leave a variance of between ~3-6% unaccounted for (i.e. bad luck? or machines offline? other explanation?)

Interested in more details too.
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
meanwhile, someone is purchasing a lot, again up to 0.03

"impressed" Smiley

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Elvis no disrespect but where is your intel coming from that Bitcoin price will rise higher??? If we don't do anything now our share price will keep plummeting as it has been for the past few weeks!
Oh wow are you going to feel silly in a couple months. With that said, we should probably be putting some (30-40%?) of the reinvestment funds into new equipment while waiting for the price to push higher.

The early bird gets the worm buddy, why not go all out now? How are you all thinking BTC prices are going to skyrocket I don't understand what crystal ball you guys are using?

It's not about btc price speculating, it's about the current miners in the market are too expensive and power hungry.
Soon there will be some more efficient miners come out, and more difference brand miners causing price competition , I think Cryptx is waiting for this.

Activity: 952
Merit: 515
Calm down all. Till now everything is working out and we will see a rise in market value per share soon when the reinvestment is done.

Why not reinvest now?

Because the market is really volatile at the moment. 2 Months ago I switched from Mining Rigs to Scrpyt because Scrypt was very profitable and Rigs not any more. With X11 and X13 now the Rigs would make good money and scrpyt is doing less and less. But this will stop soon again because at the moment no one will buy anymore Scrpyt Miners, the ROI is too long. So what is the conclusion?

1) The current trend from X11 will go to X13 and then maybe to X15 , but in the end it is only a Hype. Too profitable to stay like that.

2) I think Scrpyt Profitability will increase again or miners will become much more cheaper (also KNC miners in August...)

So why don't we wait a bit till we see a drop in Scrypt Miner Prices or an increase in Profitability of Scrypt Mining?

Please feel free to comment Smiley It is just my personal experiences of the last 5 months of mining.
Activity: 487
Are You Shpongled?
Why not take advantage now with the high price of Bitcoin, and get ahead of the flood. Early bird gets the worm

Because the price is going to rise further

Activity: 66
Why not take advantage now with the high price of Bitcoin, and get ahead of the flood. Early bird gets the worm

Because no one knows where the price is going. That's why you make decisions based on the price now and not where you think/hope it might go.
I guess once a price competitive mining rig shows up in the market, Cryptx would buy that all at once. They are quite sensitive to this issue than most of us.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Because no one knows where the price is going. That's why you make decisions based on the price now and not where you think/hope it might go.
Activity: 116

Activity: 56
The IPO price was unrealistic and unsustainable. I have pointed out this but criptx deleted my posts. I still think even now it's an inflated price with the flood of scrypt asics that is to come.

That's why we are saving up our reinvestment fund, reinvesting now would be futile when the flood comes. It's a shame they didnt mention the total amount in reinvestment fund in this week's update. Anyone has a good estimate of total reinvestment fund?

Edit: 92.3 BTC current total for reinvestment.

not sure i follow.
why is futile to ramp up when a flood is coming?
Do you think that in few weeks the situation will be better?

just asking. no fud.
[/quote]
I believe price/hash will decrease whenever the asic flood hits the market, compared to buying new hardware now.
I know price/hash will decrease if we buy larger orders Smiley

From the 30th March update "Reinvestment funds now top 74BTC, we plan to further grow the reinvestment funds before making any new purchases. The market has to mature further with more Scrypt ASIC manufacturers before the price of hardware will go down. "
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
The IPO price was unrealistic and unsustainable. I have pointed out this but criptx deleted my posts. I still think even now it's an inflated price with the flood of scrypt asics that is to come.

That's why we are saving up our reinvestment fund, reinvesting now would be futile when the flood comes. It's a shame they didnt mention the total amount in reinvestment fund in this week's update. Anyone has a good estimate of total reinvestment fund?

[/quote]

not sure i follow.
why is futile to ramp up when a flood is coming?
Do you think that in few weeks the situation will be better?

just asking. no fud.
Activity: 56
[/quote]

legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019
I am not quite sure I understand why the share price is dropping like this.

The operation is barely 4 weeks old, dividends coming in regularly and at a level which is as expected for the exchange rate between ltc/bt.c dividend yield was more than generous with ~70% at ipo share price given the project is run by the same people that run peta-mine. They are not nobodies, the risk of them running away is far lower than some of the other projects around here. They have a track record of being able to actually run something like this. Still shareholders are backing away and are selling (presumably) at a loss after only three weeks of dividends.

What am I missing?

Activity: 49
This was the update

Quote from: cryptx
Update about this weeks dividend payout:

Calculation:
1,875 LTC or 32.3 BTC in total from mining
- 12.01203053 BTC as dividend (0.00040805 BTC/share)
- 18.01804580 BTC reinvestment
- 2.26992366 BTC as hosting fee

LTC/BTC ratio is still under pressure as BTC is gaining in value. The good news is that our reinvestment funds also grow in USD value, which should have a positive effect on our purchasing power for new hardware.

@CRYPTX or anyone that might explain this

could you please explain why the amount of LTC mined was ~17.43% (1875/2271) lower when the difficulty only increased by ~11-14.5%. This would leave a variance of between ~3-6% unaccounted for (i.e. bad luck? or machines offline? other explanation?)
Activity: 91
Is there any sort of plan from Cryptx for reinvestment seeing as we have almost 100 BTC?  Also, is there any plan to buffer the share price? It's already down 30% from IPO.

My sentiments exactly. For buying the IPO, we should be guaranteed out if we wish at the same price. I am sure the share price will go up as the mine develops but some of us may or may not hv the time.
I am sure crytpx know what they are doing and are mining experts, so anticipate the full development of the project.

They should mine the most profitable coin each week, rather than LTC only, if they are not already. But the ratio will probably only get better so who knows.
We should wait until the bitcoin price peaks anyway, then we'll be able to buy a lot of hardware!

Another newbie brought this up in the PETA thread...

Define "Bitcoin price peak"? Are we at the peak now or trending down again? If you know where the peak is, quit mining and investing...you'll be making cash hand over fist trading currency.

I hear ya, my sentiments exactly. Don't wait, if we have the funds and option to buy now then do it. No one knows what the price of Bitcoin will be next week. If you do then you wouldn't be on this forum playing with mining shares let me tell u. Ull be making a fortune trading Bitcoin instead
Pages:
Jump to: