Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX - page 37. (Read 64067 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
And batch one is sold in 23 minutes...

Quite nice how quick 380BTC or roughly $170k is being raised.

Batch #2 will take a bit longer that for sure.

Let's see if cryptx can keep up with his promise to have some units hashing on the 15th this month.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
And batch one is sold in 23 minutes...
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
First batch almost gone.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
We'll... That was quick.
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
Guys, they need your hard earned money for *their* cheap investments.

Finally you´ll loose your money.

If their great blablaba Services are rentable, why do they beg you stupids and not banksters?

Scam.

I heard "blablabla."
Activity: 17
Guys, they need your hard earned money for *their* cheap investments.

Finally you´ll loose your money.

If their great blablaba Services are rentable, why do they beg you stupids and not banksters?

Scam.
more than 8500 shares shold in the first 10mins of IPO release.

Not bad.
* EnJoyThis is wondering how many batches of IPO will get sold out before the 15th.
legendary
Activity: 1386
At curent prices you would pay 163.4 usd per MH for the first 10.000 units. (much more if btc will rise)
You will have a few months at most mining with profit , accounting the flood of scrypt asics.
Some examples:
  - 125  usd/MH - The War Machine GawMiners
  - 33.31 usd/MH - Titan KnC

Looking at already available hardware like the Gridseed Blade.

These machines run +5.2Mhs. (averaging 5.6Mhs most of the time)

They nowadays retail at $950 when ordered in larger quantaties the price will more likely be around $750-$800 judging from the fact there are currently resellers which charge anywhere from 820-950.

But for the calculations, let's assume $800
At current btc price of $430 this would mean 1.86BTC

one blade would represent 52 shares of 100kh/s on SCRYPT-X
52 shares at IPO would cost 1.976BTC

In case all 100k shares are sold the average IPO price is 0.04475 a share.
For 52 shares it would mean 2.327BTC

We all now Gridseed is able to deliver quick and thus hardware will be available within 2 weeks.

Therefor the IPO price isn't cheap and I can say without hesitating, the premium of about 25% you pay is quite steep.

Great analysis, cost basis is extremely important here with high hashrate machines coming very soon-
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
THE DIFFICULTY INCREASE PROJECTS NEGLECT REALITY

they are projecting average 8% difficulty increases over time. when really 25% increases will be the norm as the ASICs roll out

caveat emptor.  their chart forecasting 8% increases in difficulty is MAYBE based on previous data for scrypt coins, this is because of lack of innovation in GPU mining efficiency. But look at bitcoin's difficulty chart for the past year, average 25% which I think is fair for scrypt asic too as all companies are aiming to roll out scrypt hardware at similar intervals
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
why is first ipo listed at

and not .038
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Hello, looking forward for that IPO

One question though : What justify the price difference between the 3 batches of the IPO ?

2014-05-05   2014-05-07 11:00   2014-05-15 11:00   pending   10000   10000   10000   ฿0.03800000   
2014-05-06   2014-05-07 11:00   2014-05-15 11:00   pending   10000   10000   10000   ฿0.03950000   
2014-05-06   2014-05-07 11:00   2014-05-15 11:00   pending   10000   10000   10000   ฿0.04100000   

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

1) We can trade them on the ghash.io and BTC-E exchange (or any other exchange that has good liquidity and rates).
2) We will convert alt-coins each day, both exchanges provide enough liquidity to not disrupt the market.

great news/info. Thanks!
Activity: 350
So I may have missed the answers, but I have two questions that tie into each other:

1) Since dividends are paid in Bitcoin, which exchange(s) will be used to convert any mined altcoins into Bitcoin?
2) Given your projections, you'll be mining 5,000+ Litecoins each week (more at the beginning of course). How do you plan on converting that volume of currency to Bitcoin without disrupting the normal 'ebb and flow'?

With PETA, there were really two primary variables; network difficulty and BTC/Fiat price.
With SCRYPT-X, there are now three; altcoin difficulty (or difficulties), BTC/Fiat price, BTC/Altcoin price. It's like buying gold so you can speculate on the price of silver.

1) We can trade them on the ghash.io and BTC-E exchange (or any other exchange that has good liquidity and rates).
2) We will convert alt-coins each day, both exchanges provide enough liquidity to not disrupt the market.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
you will mine Litecoin but the payouts will be in Bitcoin ? what a shame, why don't you pay dividends in Litecoin ? I would invest in this case...

Don't belive havelock are using Litecoin, probably only BTC is avaliable on this market and that can be the reason for using BTC, You can always exchange it to LTC.

To my knowledge their hasn't been a litecoin exchange since BTCT closed down with burnside and litecoinglobal closed as well as an asset
That said the dividends should be converted to BTC from the altcoins so finding a cheaper exchange might be a good idea.
Since fees would factor into conversions from mining income to dividend income
At curent prices you would pay 163.4 usd per MH for the first 10.000 units. (much more if btc will rise)
You will have a few months at most mining with profit , accounting the flood of scrypt asics.
Some examples:
  - 125  usd/MH - The War Machine GawMiners
  - 33.31 usd/MH - Titan KnC

Looking at already available hardware like the Gridseed Blade.

These machines run +5.2Mhs. (averaging 5.6Mhs most of the time)

They nowadays retail at $950 when ordered in larger quantaties the price will more likely be around $750-$800 judging from the fact there are currently resellers which charge anywhere from 820-950.

But for the calculations, let's assume $800
At current btc price of $430 this would mean 1.86BTC

one blade would represent 52 shares of 100kh/s on SCRYPT-X
52 shares at IPO would cost 1.976BTC

In case all 100k shares are sold the average IPO price is 0.04475 a share.
For 52 shares it would mean 2.327BTC

We all now Gridseed is able to deliver quick and thus hardware will be available within 2 weeks.

Therefor the IPO price isn't cheap and I can say without hesitating, the premium of about 25% you pay is quite steep.
Activity: 41
The problem I have with this IPO is that it seems the issuer is selling shares at a premium. Others have noted this as well. This is equivalent to "I want to buy a $100k house, now send me $250k and you can be a partial owner"

Cryptx, can you justify for the enormous premium you are placing on the share pricing?
Activity: 448
I have prepared bullets and waiting for the IPO start.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
It's like buying gold so you can speculate on the price of silver.

Clearly you do not understand altcoins.

Ha, oh I understand altcoins perfectly well...but I see you're point.  Cheesy
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
After Economics: Learning is just the first step.
It's like buying gold so you can speculate on the price of silver.

Clearly you do not understand altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
So I may have missed the answers, but I have two questions that tie into each other:

1) Since dividends are paid in Bitcoin, which exchange(s) will be used to convert any mined altcoins into Bitcoin?
2) Given your projections, you'll be mining 5,000+ Litecoins each week (more at the beginning of course). How do you plan on converting that volume of currency to Bitcoin without disrupting the normal 'ebb and flow'?

With PETA, there were really two primary variables; network difficulty and BTC/Fiat price.
With SCRYPT-X, there are now three; altcoin difficulty (or difficulties), BTC/Fiat price, BTC/Altcoin price. It's like buying gold so you can speculate on the price of silver.
Pages:
Jump to: