Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX - page 34. (Read 64067 times)

Activity: 711
Merit: 532
And this just in via email:

----

First of all we like to thank our early investors for their support and trust in the Scrypt-X project. We took a blazing start with the IPO yesterday and would like to announce that we want to live up to this enthusiasm and started with the deployment of our first scrypt miners today and additional miners already on their way!

http://www.cryptx.com/early-deployment-of-scrypt-miners/
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
In the grand scheme of things, when Scrypt starts doling out dividends, the diff between .041 and .0425 (0.60USD) will be seen as trivial. We will see a second more vigorous wave of investment.
What we have seen is just the tip of the investment pressure, stakeholders putting in some spare to average the price once proof of engines working is given.  Cool
Activity: 180
After Economics: Learning is just the first step.
why are people still buying up the 4th batch before the 3rd is sold out  Huh Huh Huh

10000/9878

lol
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
Because bitcoin securities Undecided
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
why are people still buying up the 4th batch before the 3rd is sold out  Huh Huh Huh

10000/9878
Activity: 215
@CryptX, by my calculations the retail cost of an 86MH A2 miner from Innosilicon is around US$0.12 per KH of mining power for purchases of 10 or more units (admittedly without freight).  However, the Scrypt-X share pricing above works out to a price per KH of ~US$0.16 (at US$420/BTC), or a 33% premium.  What is the reasoning behind this difference in price?

At curent prices you would pay 163.4 usd per MH for the first 10.000 units. (much more if btc will rise)

* You are buying shares of a managed project, not plain hardware

I believe the management fees to be built-in to the $0.25/kWh fees.  This should nicely account for management fees as it varies with increased hash rate.

I thought it likely that you are hedging against a fall in exchange rates, since shareholders expect to get at least 100 KH/s regardless of the exchange rates.  If so, I thought it better to promise a hashrate based on a formula against the exchange rate at the time of exchange, rather than eating 33% in fees up-front.  You could still take a reasonable fee and remove your risk at the same time.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
All this talk about litecoins exponential difficulty growth...

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

Litecoins difficulty is FALLING.

I assumed it would be higher with all the talk that's going on here but nope, it's been dropping. Looks like we're getting in at the perfect time.

In the whole of April it grew by less than 25% and looks to now be receding. As it stands, we are already 10% better off than what was in the projections

And the projections are assuming we are only mining litecoin, which we are not. I'm quite excited to know what multipool we will be using using. If its auto switching which they all usually are, we should see an extra 10-15% per week in revenue ontop of what's being projected

Exciting stuff.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
^
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids Angry

@mikemikemike:  And as for you, my fine lady, it's true I can't attend to you here and now as I'd like; but just try to stay out of my way – just try! I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
Lol
Let me lay some science on you, kspencer93 and mikemikemike:

1. Lambchop is a sock, because fact.
2. NotLambchop is the opposite of Lambchop, so not a sock.  Because logic.
2. I'm NotLambchop.
∴  I'm not a sock.

Activity: 144
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
^
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids Angry

@mikemikemike:  And as for you, my fine lady, it's true I can't attend to you here and now as I'd like; but just try to stay out of my way – just try! I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!
copper member
Activity: 224
@mikemikemike:  I pointed out your "miners must make money to keep mining" argument is junk.  It fails conceptually and empirically.
I have said nothing about investing -- do whatever's fun for you.

Where? You've never made a post in this thread.

You might want to check which one of your troll accounts your logged into before you post.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
@mikemikemike:  I pointed out your "miners must make money to keep mining" argument is junk.  It fails conceptually and empirically.
I have said nothing about investing -- do whatever's fun for you.
copper member
They will have the machines online by the 15th, the Monday after by the latest. Ill happily escrow a bet with you for that. If you knew these people and followed the last few months of PETA you would understand.

I'd take that bet.

0.05 btc to seans outpost (loser pays)

For you to win peta must have all machines online by 15th of may. All being equal to 100kh/share.

Deal?

The Monday after by the latest. That's my bet.

Deal.

Done.

On a side note, fair play for making this to SO. If I win and you make the payment ill match it aswell as a goodwill gesture
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
They will have the machines online by the 15th, the Monday after by the latest. Ill happily escrow a bet with you for that. If you knew these people and followed the last few months of PETA you would understand.

I'd take that bet.

For you to win peta must have all machines online by 15th of may. All being equal to 100kh/share.

Deal?

Deal.
copper member

I'd take that bet.

Deal?

... Saying your not going to get an ROI is the same as saying no miners will get an ROI. And if that was the case, all the networks and miners would cease to exist and the difficulty would shoot down towards zero

No.  The only thing that needs to happen for mining to continue is miners *believing* they would ROI.  Most miners lose money, yet the hashrate is climbing just fine.

The miners who lose money are the ones with poor price/performance/cost. They are the ones that preorder machines that turn up three months late.

This isn't the case here. These are some of, if not the best price/performance/cost and they are ready for delivery.

Anyways, I'm not here to defend this project. Ive spent far too much of my time on this forum defending the peta project from accusations like this since the price was at 0.05, and now its at 0.075. im not doing it again. If you don't want to invest don't. Some people here are, some people here arn't. Only time will tell who was correct.
... Saying your not going to get an ROI is the same as saying no miners will get an ROI. And if that was the case, all the networks and miners would cease to exist and the difficulty would shoot down towards zero

No.  The only thing that needs to happen for mining to continue is miners *believing* they would ROI.  Most miners lose money, yet the hashrate is climbing just fine.

I'd take that bet.

Deal?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
So people are buying this stock and apparently nobody cares that the projections in the prospectus are inaccurate?

Ignoring the fact that difficulty will be probably twice the measly 8% they predict and the fact that they won't get 10gh online by the 15th.

Dividends projections in 1 year add up to less than 100% instead of 200% like advertised.

When you consider realistic difficulty increases we are looking at around 20% ROI in 1 year vs the 200% advertised.

The projections as a whole are a joke. For example, they are assuming BTC and LTC will stay the same. Which is crazy. If they could predict them accurately then the ROI cold swing anywhere from 10% to 1000%. It screws up reinvestment, difficulty, everything. There's no point having them there.

Even with that though I've still invested.

[...]

This is my feeling on the matter as well. I know full well their projections are going to be *way* off. I invested because they'll be one of the first few large scrypt ASIC miners to come online before the torrent of Alpha Tech, KnC, etc hardware comes along....that, and I also do my own due diligence when it comes to this stuff, pretty much ignoring most of the presented prospectus, and developing my own projections on earnings.

On top of that, my plan is to convert any dividends back into Litecoin. If I'm investing in scrypt gear, I want to hold at least some of my earnings in coins based on the algorithm.  Wink
So people are buying this stock and apparently nobody cares that the projections in the prospectus are inaccurate?

Ignoring the fact that difficulty will be probably twice the measly 8% they predict and the fact that they won't get 10gh online by the 15th.

Dividends projections in 1 year add up to less than 100% instead of 200% like advertised.

When you consider realistic difficulty increases we are looking at around 20% ROI in 1 year vs the 200% advertised.

It'd be really stupid of them not to be able to get it online shortly after that if they have a data center and a partner for A2 boxes.

If I had ~1000 Bitcoins, I could probably get about 3GH up by next week without any sort of "Exclusive" contract that they speak of.

Do you really think it is that easy to get 100kw worth of equipment running within a week?

If they had all the working miners in hand I would say it is possible but as far as I know they haven't even been shipped the chips let alone ready to plug in miners.

Anyways even if 10gh is online it doesn't matter because their projections are so inaccurate. They are advertising 10 times what is a realistic return.
Pages:
Jump to: