Pages:
Author

Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio - page 16. (Read 69831 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
relative to what it was proced lately, technicaly it looks good and on an upward move but honestly i will believe the 1$/HBN when i see it ^^

still right now i find it hard to look for an entry (even tought the pos return would average my losses in case of a correction)
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
is it good to buy at thoses prices? 30K seems a bit high  to me even tought bids are still huge

High relative to what?

What it can be or what it have been?

I personally think this is still a low price relative to supply money available and current development projects.  It is one of the few coins out there that actually have active development and dynamic community that back it up, regardless of current prices AND/OR pump/dump scenarios.  If you think/believe that this can go from 0.50$/HBN to 1$/HBN in the near future, I'd say it's a good time to buy.

But that's just my biased opinion.  I would love to get tokyo's and others opinion on whether or not 30k sat is a good entry point.
is it good to buy at thoses prices? 30K seems a bit high  to me even tought bids are still huge
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
and selling 100k Blackcoin at 2000 satoshi. Honestly some people must believe they are geniuses if they made money on those two coins, but I will bet my last satoshi that for most of them, it was pure luck.

Its just proof that sometimes when you invest without a game plan, you can get lucky and make big bucks, but most of the time you just loss. This is the reason I maintain this journal. Discipline, focus and accountability.

I would go one step further and say in order to have made lots of money on Blackcoin, you were basically required to be a bad trader.  
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
When it comes to PoS/Pow hybrids, a quick rundown would be PHS, TEK and Asiacoin.

I just bought a very small chunk of TEK.  I just wanted to see the wallet and see how the coin functions.  Other than that I have HBN is all. I wouldn't mind getting some other very small chunks of maybe NVC and PHS just to see how the stake works and the wallet looks.  It is hard to beat the coin variables and wallet setup of HBN.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Whew. Its been a rough week. Not for HBN but for me. A flood of new PoS coins has been keeping me plenty busy. A quick flip on Whitecoin has allowed me to start buying up a nice position on Asiacoin. Skipping a couple of others, these coin creators sure do know how to ruin Easter Weekend by pumping out trash coins.

Tokyoghetto, if you got a nice position in AsiaCoin, then promote AsiaCoin. The community needs you! It has tons of potential.

Hobonickels Community, ya'll are cool and will rise in price no problem. Just hold your coins for staking!

legendary
Activity: 1232
Any other coins you're interested/invested in atm tokyoghetto that you'd be willing to share with us publicly? I know you exited Rabbitcoin recently while I have 300M of my 500M basket locked up at CryptoRush Smiley

I exited Rabbitcoin at a loss. That really pissed me off because apparently voting on coins over at Cryptsy doesn't mean anything. After I sold Rabbitcoin on Mintpal, Cryptsy added Rabbitcoin ahead of other coins with more votes. Then the price went to an all time high of 16 latoshi. I held about 900 million and sold for far less then that. So in the end, I was right about Rabbitcoin, but my timing was waaaay off. Live and learn, its all water under the bridge and I have moved on. I have had worst luck with selling 100 million IFC at 19 latoshi and selling 100k Blackcoin at 2000 satoshi. Honestly some people must believe they are geniuses if they made money on those two coins, but I will bet my last satoshi that for most of them, it was pure luck.

Its just proof that sometimes when you invest without a game plan, you can get lucky and make big bucks, but most of the time you just loss. This is the reason I maintain this journal. Discipline, focus and accountability.

At the moment I am trying to not make my other coin picks public. Although its not that hard to decipher. Have a look at my posts and you can see what coins I an invested in. When it comes to PoS/Pow hybrids, a quick rundown would be PHS, TEK and Asiacoin. Please understand that I hold these coins for different reasons and I work each position differently. However, you can apply my HBN style of investing with these coins as well. Build up a core position, trade around it accordingly. Only sell PoS mined coins if you ever need a bit of gas/beer money. Use PoS mining and high interest to your advantage.

Activity: 763
Merit: 534
Also as a general question to everyone, what are the best IRC channels for more long-term oriented crypto investors who would be interested in coins like HBN and the like? Thanks Cheesy
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
Any other coins you're interested/invested in atm tokyoghetto that you'd be willing to share with us publicly? I know you exited Rabbitcoin recently while I have 300M of my 500M basket locked up at CryptoRush Smiley
legendary
There is a healthy buyers appetite right now. I have seen a few blocks of 5,000+ go for good prices in the last few days.

plenty of big bids and offers around these prices.

Its funny to read about all these new coins that are experiencing 50% percent swings with scam devs and scam pools. If people only put their time and energy into an established blockchain like Hobonickels, they wouldn't have to worry as much. Sure there is risk with any coin but sticking with a proven dev like Tranz, mining on honest pools like theblockfactory or smartmining and trading on a big exchange like Cryptsy minimizes the risks considerably.

As I write this I just minted a PoS block. Screencap below. One of many PoS blocks mined today. This block alone is work more than what my GPU miners earn grinding away in my basement. I could see myself on a beach somewhere, ice cold beer by my side, soaking up the sun, listening to the waves crash as I PoS mine HBN on my 6 year old laptop. If I ever need to pay for things, convert HBN to BTC, then BTC to FIAT.

Someday. I guess its true what they, good things take time.

legendary
Blockchain Developer
There is a healthy buyers appetite right now. I have seen a few blocks of 5,000+ go for good prices in the last few days.
erf don't know about litecoin, for hbn tought if you look at open orders you can see huge buying walls around 27k sats and even more at 25K
I m about to buy some myself at current price, seems to be a good resistance holding so i ll just wait for a bounce up ^^
Cool, Also the community is slowly growing bigger and bigger so that would be another great benefit Smiley
Activity: 84
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
Okay, thanks for giving a great answer! Might consider droppinga $20 onto HBN every now and then Smiley
What is the actual "real price" you guys think for HBN? Considering investing, have only been investing into litecoin and vertcoin.

That's a good question!  I guess for the "final" answer, you'd have to look at the market in 3, 6, 12 months from now.

I believe this can go to 1$/HBN and higher. The key points making me believe that are

• Dedicated Community
  • Dedicated Developer
  • Money supply just under 4 millions HBN
  • PoS return of ~2% as quick as in 10 days - 100% per year
  • Fast network
  • Low PoW rewards
  • PoW and PoS competing against each other, keeping inflation as low as possible
  • Constant improvements/new features/bug fixes to the wallet's code

There might be other things that I'm missing from the top of my head. But, for me, these a major key points that make it a good investment comparing to other alt coin.  It was proven to be true even when other coins took a plunge a few weeks back when the BTC dropped... HBN sustained, and actually increased in price !

Welcome to the community  Wink
Activity: 84
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
What is the actual "real price" you guys think for HBN? Considering investing, have only been investing into litecoin and vertcoin.
legendary
Blockchain Developer

I noticed that Hobonickels has been hovering around the high 20000 - low 30000s satoshi mark. What surprised me more is the ability for the HBN market to absorb sell orders. Between 1830-1839 today someone sold 18,488 HBN. Market traded down to 28000 satoshi and held. There might be some drop in price but its good to see that the HBN market can handle block trades on the sell side. This should encourage bigger traders/investors who are looking for opportunities in HBN. The ability to get in and out of big trades is important.

Good eyes.  I am hoping this is a sign of the HBN market maturing. It is still pretty light on the sell side, probably because everyone would rather stake than keep orders in.

Grow your assets, don't live off them, just increase it. You are only as good as your last trade, make your last trade the big one.

Reminds me of the phrase "you never go broke taking a profit".
nice updatte tokyghetto,  could you tell us more about thoses pos coins you looked into? I don't really like the look of all thoses scam coins around so i would rather have your opinion before considering anything
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
legendary
Whew. Its been a rough week. Not for HBN but for me. A flood of new PoS coins has been keeping me plenty busy. A quick flip on Whitecoin has allowed me to start buying up a nice position on Asiacoin. Skipping a couple of others, these coin creators sure do know how to ruin Easter Weekend by pumping out trash coins.

Anyways back to Hobonickels.

I noticed that Hobonickels has been hovering around the high 20000 - low 30000s satoshi mark. What surprised me more is the ability for the HBN market to absorb sell orders. Between 1830-1839 today someone sold 18,488 HBN. Market traded down to 28000 satoshi and held. There might be some drop in price but its good to see that the HBN market can handle block trades on the sell side. This should encourage bigger traders/investors who are looking for opportunities in HBN. The ability to get in and out of big trades is important.

Beware of the new flood of hype PoS coins. A lot of these devs are unknown and taking premines. Hobonickels is like the Coca-Cola of PoS/PoW coins, life is better when you stick with the classic.

Now do your homework:

Here is a video series I recommend people to watch. It features Anton Kreil (Former Goldman Sachs Trader). He basically defines what a pro and a n00b does. The reason PoS works is because it encourages the growth of assets. By PoS mining and compounding your coins you are increasing your asset. What Anton did at Goldman Sachs is buy a basket of stocks, increase its value, then sell the basket off to another bank. You can do the same with Hobonickels and similar PoS coins.

Grow your assets, don't live off them, just increase it. You are only as good as your last trade, make your last trade the big one.

Its multiple parts and worth the watch. First part below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK0FJfkWzyY

Pages:
Jump to: