Pages:
Author

Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio - page 2. (Read 69831 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
tokyoghetto your accounts are getting so big you're reaching what i personnaly consider a point where your btc pos/pow/trades are yielding as much as a job would. Are you afraid of how you are going to be able to liquid all of this positions?

I am also wondering what kind of miners you are renting, seems like they work really well too.

good job, keep it like this for the next month Cheesy

Exiting an entire position could prove to be troublesome, depending on the circumstance. If I were to sell my entire position on HBN today at market, I would crush the price and hurt the possible returns I could get. This is why the trade plan I developed for HBN and for most high interest PoS coins is to sell small chunks regularly. I feel like its the duty of larger holders to sell periodically and spread out the coins. Coins will never gain real value if its only in the hands of a few people.

If I can PoS mine 5000+ HBN and I spread out the 5000 HBN sales over 30 days, I can sell those 5000 HBN with minimal impact to the price. The trade plan cancels out the greed that most people get when they compound too much, and end up with a position so big that it becomes difficult to manage. However, as time goes by and these coins develop more liquidity the price may drop but the trade sizes will increase, allowing bigger traders to enter/exit with out moving the price too much.

As for my miners, I just rent from leaserig.net. I do a bit of quick math on the profit/risk and if I can squeeze out a profit, I get myself some rigs and mine away.

Thanks, I really hope June is a big month for me.

tokyoghetto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
tokyoghetto your accounts are getting so big you're reaching what i personnaly consider a point where your btc pos/pow/trades are yielding as much as a job would. Are you afraid of how you are going to be able to liquid all of this positions?

I am also wondering what kind of miners you are renting, seems like they work really well too.

good job, keep it like this for the next month Cheesy
legendary
Alright fellow HBN Journal readers, here is the end of the month wrap up for May.

May:

PoS coins mined: 5732.45959 HBN
Orphans: stopped counting
Biggest PoS block: 210.813407 HBN

Year Total:

PoS coins mined: 26145.042639 HBN
Orphans: no clue
Biggest PoS block: 874.411018 HBN

Account Size:

93641.936748 HBN

Recap:

So for the month of May, I actually mined less coins then I did in April. I had set a goal to grow my account to 100,000 HBN, But I sold 8000 HBN to raise capital for two coins I wanted to invest in. This is the reason why I staked less coins for the month of May, but I am still above the 90000 HBN mark and on track to hitting my 100,000 HBN goal. One neat feature on Cryptsy is being able to pull up reports. I was able to run my spreadsheet and see that I sold exactly 8000 HBN in May, plus fees which I don't really count at this point.

PHS:

I had a small position in PHS. The PHS community decided to make the coin 100% PoS. Since I know that there would no more PoW mining, I decided to buy up big chunks of PHS so that I could PoS mine the coin and grow that account. I have faith in Palmdetriot and the entire PHS community. I have confidence that I made the right decision by investing in this coin. It pays out a nice annual interest rate of 50%.

CAP:

CAP is another coin that has been around for quite some time. It hasn't been under any serious development up until now. The lead HBN developer, Tranz, decided to have a go at updating CAP and injecting some new life into the coin. The best part about this PoW/PoS hybrid, was the decision to hard fork the coin and increase the PoS interest to 200% annually. I was lucky enough to purchase some CAP at low prices and the market agreed with me. With Tranz's and communities involvement, along with increase in annual stake, this coin is poised to take off.

It hasn't even been forked yet, as development on the new client is continuing, but CAP has already seen explosive growth. I expect more on this coin as we get closer to the final release of the new client and the hard fork.

HBN Downtrend:

You guys may have noticed that HBN has been on a downtrend for the month of May. HBN along with most coins, have been dropping in price due to Bitcoin rallying. This is nothing to worried about. Its expected that if BTC goes down, alts go up. The reverse is also true. Altcoins experience massive price swings, so one should be prepared for times like this. Its always good to have some BTC reserved for when the downtrend comes, start buying up and adding to your core-position. I cannot advise as to when and how much, use your best judgement and only risk what you can afford to lose. When I feel comfortable I may start buying back some HBN. As always, I will report these purchases in this thread.

Final thought

This journal is getting to the 6 month mark. Its kept me check with my investment and I certainly hope that my readers have learned something as well. I always said that I would keep my journal unmoderated in order to ensure 100% transparency. As many of you are aware now, I had a falling out with Hyperfuture. If you go three posts above you can see that members of the Hyper community are making attacks against me in my HBN Journal. I would hate to close this journal down but if this continues then I will have no other choice.

I have been around long enough for people to know that I am not a scammer. I have spent alot of time building up my reputation and the only ones attacking me are members of the hyper community. They claim I have no trust rating, but really how often do people ever leave positive trust ratings, even after promising too. I have done multiple BTC trades with people. I have been requested to do escrow on many occasions and I have also been responsible for collecting and paying bounties.

Life goes on, like it always does. I have an amazing life both in and out of the altcoin scene and I will not let a few bad apples spoil it for me.

tokyoghetto
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Die hard Hyper fans need to move on and let the grown ups talk.
legendary
Ignore the moron above. This isn't thread isn't moderated but if this continues I will close it and open a moderated one.

Activity: 137
Tokyoghetto is a SCAMMER.

I've been mining HYPER from day one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-hyper-game-currency-mmos-poker-20-serversshapeshiftio-rpg-more-624651 and it was great until Tokyo got involved and scammed the dev.

Its awesome 5% monthly PoS coin.

Tokyo scammed 10K HYPER from the dev.

Ever notice he doesn't actually have any feedback for trades?

SCAMMER
legendary
Just a quick question. Would it not have been a better investment to purchase Digital Coinfarm stocks? (https://cryptostocks.com/securities/98)

They give a return of 3 percent every 10 days and the dev is constantly buying additional hashrate to keep the stockprice and dividends stable.

80k Hobonickels... How will you ever sell them?... on Cryptsy there's only buy-orders of like 10HBN, alltogether like 10k maybe? and there are coming like more and more PoS coins giving better returns than HBN...

Tell me, cuz i was thinking to do the same with Bottlecaps... but also here... The coin is old, it has proven to have no real purpose/technology and the buyorders are not really big. Is this strategy still profitable?

I already have mining stocks in Petamine.

The way I sell my coins is the same way anyone else would. I put in an offer, and eventually it will get hit. I tried this with TEKcoin, one of the most illiquid coins out there. I managed to sell 5000 TEK @ 50000 satoshi, offering 1000 TEK at a time. It took me about an hour to get everything sold.

The orderbook is an illusion sometimes. Some big traders will see a block order on an orderbook, and snag it. You should try it sometime, you will be surprised.

Also do not only look at coins with "better PoS". The return isn't the only thing a person should look at. Community and Developer are important aswell.

BCX gives out the same interest per annum as PHS, but why does PHS trade higher? Because PHS has a strong developer and a strong community. Why did CAP explode in price and volume once Tranz got involved? Because Tranz is a strong developer. Same with TEKcoin and GRW, two other coins with strong developers and communities. One last example is ROM, which just listed on Bittrex and pays out 30% annual PoS. The coin had so many issues but the developer was on top of it and it should have a bright future.

PoS alone shouldn't determine the reason for investment.
legendary
Just a quick question. Would it not have been a better investment to purchase Digital Coinfarm stocks? (https://cryptostocks.com/securities/98)

They give a return of 3 percent every 10 days and the dev is constantly buying additional hashrate to keep the stockprice and dividends stable.

80k Hobonickels... How will you ever sell them?... on Cryptsy there's only buy-orders of like 10HBN, alltogether like 10k maybe? and there are coming like more and more PoS coins giving better returns than HBN...

Tell me, cuz i was thinking to do the same with Bottlecaps... but also here... The coin is old, it has proven to have no real purpose/technology and the buyorders are not really big. Is this strategy still profitable?
legendary
the lows come with the highs...people want to go to the moon but can't stomach the downturns.

This game is not for the weak at heart. I am still sitting pretty on my coins and will be backing up the truck if prices remain stable at these levels.
Activity: 121
HBN <3
Any one that's been in the Alt coin game for the last year knows that any time BTC jumps, Alts drop or stutter.

It's the natural flow.
If people think HBN is worth 20k satoshi and then the value of a satoshi doubles, then it's natural for it to "devalue" to 10k satoshi to stay at the same exact value.

It's a pendulum style valuation. BTC goes down and Alt's enjoy a rise. Then it swings the other way.
///////

I mined a few thousand Hyper. I'll sit on them and see what happens. Not going to put much more hash power into them now that the Dev got greedy and messed up a good strategy.

I got my first Summer electric bill.. $450. So I'm shutting down my 3.5Mhs GPU miners till I get some ASIC blades or winters comes in.

I'll probably jut let one or two GPU's run and build some btc for buying HBN during summer.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
I wouldn't focus too much on the price of HBN right now. As with any coin/asset there will be good times to buy and good times to sell. I consider this a good time to buy.  Tranz will be updating a lot of things on HBN within the next few months, I wouldn't be surprised to see a hardfork coming up fixing some critical issues like max stake weight ceiling at 20 days and others.
legendary
May's wrap up should be up tonight.
legendary
damn I was way for like a week and the whole world turned upside down. Btc is back up but a ton of alts are stumbling big time. Anyone have any insight into why HBN took a nose dive suddenly?

You answered your own question.  btc is back up.
[/quote

This is correct. BTC rally will naturally depress the price of altcoins. This is a great opportunity to accumulate a bigger position. You can grow your position exponentially during these times. You get more coins to stake and when the next rally comes you generate more profit.
Activity: 84
damn I was way for like a week and the whole world turned upside down. Btc is back up but a ton of alts are stumbling big time. Anyone have any insight into why HBN took a nose dive suddenly?

I have some HBN myself and I like this coin
but anybody has a reasoning about it ?
Activity: 786

You answered your own question.  btc is back up.
Activity: 182
Activity: 145
Hard to stay excited about this coin when we are in a constant downturn. Love the community, coin, but something needs to happen to revitalize this thing.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
I'm very sorry to see this happen TG.
You made the right choice to leave them to their fate...

During my limited time on the crypto scene I've learned a lot from your posts. I do sometimes disagree but that's how it should be.
Thanks for all your hard work and contributions.

Now let's get back to HBN. I'm picking these beauties up at the same price as I first did when I read your journal.
Smiley Smiley Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1260
I wish Hyper the best of luck, I am not longer involved with the Hyper project.

That moment Tokyo discovers the 33% premine

legendary
Effective Immediately I will no longer be running the Hyper Management Fund.

I wish Hyper the best of luck, I am not longer involved with the Hyper project.

tokyoghetto
Whoa what happened? Personal reasons or you no longer believe in the Hyper Project?

please read the follow for reasons why:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-i-left-hyperfund-grab-popcorn-greedy-dev-screenshots-inside-633016
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.340
Pages:
Jump to: