Pages:
Author

Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio - page 27. (Read 69845 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
awesome work guys educating others on working with HBN. I have been busy this week. I was involved in the Blackcoin distribution so that took most my time up. I also have been working on two other trades that required a bit of focus and patience. I plan to do an end-of- month wrap up tonight hopefully.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
It work, I got my first two stakes (of .8 Hobo Tongue ). So now I am combining blocks (combined one and send it to myself).
Thnx for the help
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Hey tokyoghetto.

Just letting you know I'll be watching.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
How do I load a second wallet onto my computer without interfering with the first one?  Won't there be some sort of conflict with the first roaming appdata folders that are already there?  I'm not too good with these wallets.

First make sure to have a backup of your wallet.

Then all you need to do is name the second wallet something like wallet-two.dat or wallet-differentname.dat

Then in your wallet client click the load button and select the new wallet.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
How do I load a second wallet onto my computer without interfering with the first one?  Won't there be some sort of conflict with the first roaming appdata folders that are already there?  I'm not too good with these wallets.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
Activity: 504
Merit: 254

Did you find an ideal number of coins to combine to get good stake results or doesn't really matter (i.e. can combine all in one block). I think finding an orphan will be bad with a single block, no?

Orphans don't matter for staking. If an orphan block is generated, your aged block is still there and will try to stake again but it may take a few hours or a day.  More details here http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake

The only thing that matters for staking block size is that larger HBN blocks have higher staking priority so will stake closer to the ten day threshold. This isn't too big of a deal though because if a block takes longer to stake you will actually get a larger % stake that should compensate for the extra time.

what presstab said is correct.

There is no set rule, I guess the block size doesn't count as much as the block quantities.

Let me explain.

The size of your block are tied to your wallet size (how many HBN you hold). While it's true that larger block will have higher priority for stake quicker, it doesn't really serve you if you're wallet holds 1000 HBN. (you can have so much of a "big" block).

But the quantity of blocks (when you look in coin control) is the thing you should look into.  I don't have an "optimal" number of block yet since I never looked deep into this, but the main idea is to have a "reasonable" quantity of blocks. I think a few humdreds is fine, a few thousand might be too much.  Over time, if you grow your wallet, having block of 5 and 10 HBN that used to be "ok" at some point are now taking too much CPU ressources for what they are paying you for. So I would regroup them into bigger block.

So for a general idea (if I ever get a more precise number I'll share) if you have under 100 block in you coin control window, I wouldn't bother too much with it.

Between 100 and 500 I think is where the "sweet spot" is.  

More than 500 blocks, start thinking to regroup the "younger" blocks into bigger ones.

Over 1000 block, definitely regroup them in fewers blocks.

So while size of the block matter for priority near the 10 days mark, you shouldn't to concerned by that since you'll be compensate more generously for waiting longer. On the other hand, a large quantity of blocks will drain more computer ressources and over time, you will get less stakes because you can do so much blocks in one day.

Hope this clear things out for you

Note that you might not want block too small... I think under 1HBN would be considered too small. I would regroup those regardless of quantity.
legendary
Blockchain Developer

Did you find an ideal number of coins to combine to get good stake results or doesn't really matter (i.e. can combine all in one block). I think finding an orphan will be bad with a single block, no?

Orphans don't matter for staking. If an orphan block is generated, your aged block is still there and will try to stake again but it may take a few hours or a day.  More details here http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake

The only thing that matters for staking block size is that larger HBN blocks have higher staking priority so will stake closer to the ten day threshold. This isn't too big of a deal though because if a block takes longer to stake you will actually get a larger % stake that should compensate for the extra time.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
I have enabled the option 'coin control', but how do I combine the blocks? On the wiki it just says that is is possible but does not state how to do it. Can somebody help me with that?

Once you have enabled the "coin control" feature.  You will see an Inputs... button on the Send Coins tab.  Click on that button and a window will open.  You will then see all your transaction grouped by either Tree mode or List mode.  I would suggest List mode as you can see all the transaction at once.  There, in list mode, click on the Confirmations column header to sort ascending or descending the numbers of confirmations.

The block with lowest confirmation are "safe" to recombine since they are at the begining of the stake cycle.  Blocks with higher confirmations might be safe to send, just check the date if it's near or more than 10 days, well you might want to wait for it to stake, or know that if you select that block, you will reset the coin-days for all the coins in that block.

Once you have selected all the blocks you wish to send into a new block, just click ok and you will get back to the Send Coins tab.  From there just enter the address you are sending to and the amount of HBN and you are good to go.

Note that you might want to send the coins into a new wallet.  I have done it in the same wallet (recently) and while I see the transaction in the "coin control" window, you will only see the sending out transaction in you transactions tab, not the receiving.  

I don't think it would make any difference for the stake, but to be safe I would create a new wallet and send it there.  I will know in a few days if my transaction in the same wallet will stake.

I have enabled the option 'coin control', but how do I combine the blocks? On the wiki it just says that is is possible but does not state how to do it. Can somebody help me with that?

Once you have enabled the "coin control" feature.  You will see an Inputs... button on the Send Coins tab.  Click on that button and a window will open.  You will then see all your transaction grouped by either Tree mode or List mode.  I would suggest List mode as you can see all the transaction at once.  There, in list mode, click on the Confirmations column header to sort ascending or descending the numbers of confirmations.

The block with lowest confirmation are "safe" to recombine since they are at the begining of the stake cycle.  Blocks with higher confirmations might be safe to send, just check the date if it's near or more than 10 days, well you might want to wait for it to stake, or know that if you select that block, you will reset the coin-days for all the coins in that block.

Once you have selected all the blocks you wish to send into a new block, just click ok and you will get back to the Send Coins tab.  From there just enter the address you are sending to and the amount of HBN and you are good to go.

Note that you might want to send the coins into a new wallet.  I have done it in the same wallet (recently) and while I see the transaction in the "coin control" window, you will only see the sending out transaction in you transactions tab, not the receiving. 

I don't think it would make any difference for the stake, but to be safe I would create a new wallet and send it there.  I will know in a few days if my transaction in the same wallet will stake.
thnx I will check it out
I started mining this coin 11 days ago, and received the first payment on the 14th. So I should see the stake come in at any time now right??

It depends on how big the block is that is ready to stake. The higher the coin days the more likely it is to stake.  Coin days = coins in block * days aged.  So the larger the block the more likely it is to stake right after 10 days. I have a 2200 hbn block from the 14th and a 100 HBN block from the 14th. They both haven't staked yet, but I am expecting them to within the next day or two.  And if I recall correctly, the longer you wait to stake the higher the % will be, so you are compensated for waiting.

Thnx, I don't mine that fast so, about 15 hbn per day, which I have paid out in blocks of 15. So I will just wait.

Once you have had your stake, I suggest that you use coin control to combine your smaller blocks into a bigger one... Check for the block with lower confirmation first, and try to combine about 100 HBN or more. 

check the wiki for more info on coin control

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control
I started mining this coin 11 days ago, and received the first payment on the 14th. So I should see the stake come in at any time now right??

It depends on how big the block is that is ready to stake. The higher the coin days the more likely it is to stake.  Coin days = coins in block * days aged.  So the larger the block the more likely it is to stake right after 10 days. I have a 2200 hbn block from the 14th and a 100 HBN block from the 14th. They both haven't staked yet, but I am expecting them to within the next day or two.  And if I recall correctly, the longer you wait to stake the higher the % will be, so you are compensated for waiting.

Thnx, I don't mine that fast so, about 15 hbn per day, which I have paid out in blocks of 15. So I will just wait.
legendary
Blockchain Developer

legendary
I am surprised its not trading higher than 20000. With Bitcoin getting Goxxed you would think that investors would look for wealth protection in PoS coins like Hobonickels.

I might compound these next few stakes until either HBN rallies or Bitcoin rallies. Either way I still think that HBN is underpriced relative to the drop in price over on Bitcoin.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
I'm a bit surprised how well its holding around 0.0002!

GO HBN!  Smiley
Activity: 672
sounds interesting hm......
legendary
Thanks. Here is another one that just came in.

Pages:
Jump to: