Pages:
Author

Topic: hello every one i need help with old passphrase - page 3. (Read 1563 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
where do you guys redeem ETH private key ?
I would try Coinomi for this.
i did not trust any downloading wallet.

only bitcoin core .
Lol Cheesy
I can guarantee you won't be able to redeem an Ethereum private key in Bitcoin Core.

can i ask where ?

You can try https://metamask.io can work in Android/IOS/CHROME/FIREFOX

Bitcoin Core is just for bitcoin lol
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
My concern is that the transaction is "grey" and in [ ]'s which generally means that while the transaction is stored in the wallet.dat's history, it doesn't actually exist in the blockchain itself. This could be because the transaction was actually in an "orphaned" block and/or it was invalidated by a "doublespend" etc... in which case, you probably won't have access to those funds. Undecided

I would suggest that you go into the transaction list tab, right click that 300+BTC transaction and then copy the "TransactionID" and then check that transaction on a block explorer like blockchair.com.

If the transaction exists on the BTC chain, and those coins haven't been spent in any transaction after the date shown (25th Oct 2014), then there is a chance you may have 300 BTC. Congrats! Cheesy

If that Transaction does NOT appear on a BTC explorer, then there is a chance that the wallet.dat is actually an altcoin wallet.dat (ie. Litecoin or Dogecoin etc)... or it was an orphan block/doublespend situation. Sad
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 3146
₿uy / $ell
So all i need is to wait for bitcoin core to download all blocks ! Yes

And if its 300btc I promise you will get at least 10btc

You was very kind guy and most helpfull

Wow, I didn't expect that. That's really a lot of money. If it happens so, I'll give part of it for charity, I already know who's life I can change.
Kuw
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
ETH you'll want something like MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto

Be careful when trying to use these websites... there are a LOT of scam "clones" designed to steal private keys. So take your time, double (or triple) check URLs and don't rush.

As for wallet.dats, Bitcoin Core (and it's derivatives like Bitcoin Knots) are the only wallet applications compatible with "wallet.dat"... So, if you have a BTC "wallet.dat", then your only real wallet software option is Bitcoin Core.

Likewise, if you have a "wallet.dat" for an altcoin like litecoin, or dogecoin etc... then you'll need to download the appropriate "Core" wallet for that particular coin.

Generally, you don't need to download the full blockchain, you can export the private keys and then import those keys into a lightweight (SPV) wallet like Electrum etc...

There are also ways to extract the keys from a "wallet.dat" without needing to use the wallet software (ie. Python scripts like PyWallet etc), but they're arguably more complex to use and can be problematic to use if you're not overly familiar with Python and running scripts from the command line.

is that mean im a milliner now  ?

https://ibb.co/FqjrJ5w

Check the address under the transaction on the https://blockchair.com/ or another block explorer.
If the address begin with "m" then it is a test net wallet and those are only test net bitcoins, but I guess that's not your case. Most likely you are one Smiley

It's quite exiting even for a side observer like me Smiley

So all i need is to wait for bitcoin core to download all blocks ! Yes

And if its 300btc I promise you will get at least 10btc

You was very kind guy and most helpfull
legendary
₿uy / $ell

Be careful when trying to use these websites... there are a LOT of scam "clones" designed to steal private keys. So take your time, double (or triple) check URLs and don't rush.

As for wallet.dats, Bitcoin Core (and it's derivatives like Bitcoin Knots) are the only wallet applications compatible with "wallet.dat"... So, if you have a BTC "wallet.dat", then your only real wallet software option is Bitcoin Core.

Likewise, if you have a "wallet.dat" for an altcoin like litecoin, or dogecoin etc... then you'll need to download the appropriate "Core" wallet for that particular coin.

Generally, you don't need to download the full blockchain, you can export the private keys and then import those keys into a lightweight (SPV) wallet like Electrum etc...

There are also ways to extract the keys from a "wallet.dat" without needing to use the wallet software (ie. Python scripts like PyWallet etc), but they're arguably more complex to use and can be problematic to use if you're not overly familiar with Python and running scripts from the command line.

is that mean im a milliner now  ?

Check the address under the transaction on the https://blockchair.com/ or another block explorer.
If the address begin with "m" then it is a test net wallet and those are only test net bitcoins, but I guess that's not your case. Most likely you are one Smiley

It's quite exiting even for a side observer like me Smiley
Kuw

is that mean im a milliner now  ?

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314

Kuw
and for pc not an app for android or iphone please
Kuw

only bitcoin core .
Lol Cheesy
I can guarantee you won't be able to redeem an Ethereum private key in Bitcoin Core.

can i ask where ?

Bitcoin Core is for bitcoins... please try to google yourself because some of your questions makes me think you are playing with us or you are extremely lazy and want to have answer and solution for everything without any effort.
https://ethereum.org/en/wallets/

If you want safe solution for many coins - buy hardware wallet.
If you do not care at all - create account on blockchain.com
If you are somewhere in the middle and want one wallet for 'everything' - try for example Mycelium
Otherwise you will need to install separate application for each coin, like Electrum for bitcoins, ElectronCash for bitcoin cash, etc.

can Mycelium take wallet.dat ?
and i know that bitcoin core for btc only
my question was fro eth and other wallet.dat .

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

only bitcoin core .
Lol Cheesy

can i ask where ?

Bitcoin Core is for bitcoins... please try to google yourself because some of your questions makes me think you are playing with us or you are extremely lazy and want to have answer and solution for everything without any effort.
https://ethereum.org/en/wallets/

If you want safe solution for many coins - buy hardware wallet.
If you do not care at all - create account on blockchain.com
If you are somewhere in the middle and want one wallet for 'everything' - try for example Mycelium
Otherwise you will need to install separate application for each coin, like Electrum for bitcoins, ElectronCash for bitcoin cash, etc.
Kuw

only bitcoin core .
Lol Cheesy

can i ask where ?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

Then buy Trezor
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

only bitcoin core .
Lol Cheesy
Kuw

only bitcoin core .

but why all the above is  not safe ?
is it easy to hack crypto ?
is it easy to hack web wallet ? or downloading ones ?
legendary
Kuw
i will read more about bitcoin and wallets .

but why etherdelta not safe ?

and also myetherwallet ?

Kuw
See if you can locate some passphrases for those wallets.

BTW you can download the blockchain from a torrent file, on different computer. Then you can try all the others .dat files.

its not responding then shutdown Huh

https://ibb.co/yktLBbh
Kuw
I admire your will the help and return the coins to the real owner (and keeping your share), if this is your real intention, please check this hard drive for more information, but if you find something, please don't expose any personal info here. Send it to someone with a good reputation like LoyceV (but ask him first if it's OK).
I don't generally want personal information, but if it helps to find back the real owner, the end can justify the means.

we have old stores who sell old and junk PC and laptops for very cheap price like sometime 10$
That's an interesting case from a legal and even philosophical perspective. If you buy hardware that hold private keys, does that make you the owner of the coins? It might also depend on the country you live in.

We badly need more good people in the crypo field.
I still have mixed feelings about this case: on the one hand it's an exciting treasure hunt, on the other hand there's someone else who's lost his Bitcoins. He may or may not have a backup.
Selling a broken computer with private keys on it is just dumb though.

first wallet.dat

https://ibb.co/FqTYw4p

after that its scanning ?
That looks okay, now wait a bit to download and verify 310 GB.

Bitcoin Core expects to have the whole blockchain downloaded - so it may confirm the state of wallet. Do not waste your time - extract keys and import to another program - Electrum or other.
When dealing with crypto, "wasting time" shouldn't matter. Take your time and don't rush things. If it takes 2 days to download, just wait 2 days, it's the safest option. Unless you're worried about the real owner moving his funds Tongue

if you did read you will know that im not worried at all

all of files is from 2017 i just have time to ask about crypto word
legendary
I admire your will the help and return the coins to the real owner (and keeping your share), if this is your real intention, please check this hard drive for more information, but if you find something, please don't expose any personal info here. Send it to someone with a good reputation like LoyceV (but ask him first if it's OK).
I don't generally want personal information, but if it helps to find back the real owner, the end can justify the means.

we have old stores who sell old and junk PC and laptops for very cheap price like sometime 10$
That's an interesting case from a legal and even philosophical perspective. If you buy hardware that hold private keys, does that make you the owner of the coins? It might also depend on the country you live in.

We badly need more good people in the crypo field.
I still have mixed feelings about this case: on the one hand it's an exciting treasure hunt, on the other hand there's someone else who's lost his Bitcoins. He may or may not have a backup.
Selling a broken computer with private keys on it is just dumb though.

first wallet.dat

https://ibb.co/FqTYw4p

after that its scanning ?
That looks okay, now wait a bit to download and verify 310 GB.

Bitcoin Core expects to have the whole blockchain downloaded - so it may confirm the state of wallet. Do not waste your time - extract keys and import to another program - Electrum or other.
When dealing with crypto, "wasting time" shouldn't matter. Take your time and don't rush things. If it takes 2 days to download, just wait 2 days, it's the safest option. Unless you're worried about the real owner moving his funds Tongue
legendary
₿uy / $ell
See if you can locate some passphrases for those wallets.

BTW you can download the blockchain from a torrent file, on different computer. Then you can try all the others .dat files.
Pages:
Jump to: