Pages:
Author

Topic: Help us choose the 6th cryptocoin securities market for CIPHERTRADE - page 7. (Read 10436 times)

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
I dont think adding quark is a good idea since it seems like its a pre mined secure coin in my eyes
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
I think Yacoin and Digitalcoin are worth considering.  They've been around for over 6 months and both are rising in the ranks and have a solid base of supporters.

and 0 inovation.
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
In Crypto I trust.
I think Yacoin and Digitalcoin are worth considering.  They've been around for over 6 months and both are rising in the ranks and have a solid base of supporters.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Interesting project, I will be following this.

I would recommend Megacoin since it has strong community support and the website is available in 14 different languages.  This will be a huge factor in global adoption and trading revenue..

Activity: 448
Can I just add to this with a slightly off topic request: that your site uses proper price charts, or even better - supports Metatrader 4? Something sorely missing at the mo (along with PayPal support;).
Thanks
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Why even make these posts? All the posts will just be fanboys that don't actually USE their coins for anything and are the ones trading 1 LTC worth of shit a day total while the rest of us watch and laugh. Everytime.

You're just going to add whatever coin you want anyway, why even bother asking?
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Yacoin http://www.yacoin.org/
variable scrypt PoW/PoS without premine. The most anti asic mining.
Activity: 153
Pecunia non olet, your Majesty.

I advise your advisory board to be more agnostic and less judgmental, instead letting the market decide desirability of and assign legitimacy to coins.

4,500 BTC worth of Feathercoin changed hands today.  Why let BTC-E alone reap those trading fees?  Because of the 'ZOMG PUMP&DUMP SCAMCOIN' FUD common to all altcoins?  That harms my interest as a shareholder and I object.

You make a good point. From a business standpoint, we would be missing out on those high volumes. From the point of this thread also, we should be coming to it without prejudice.

Megacoin, despite being open-source as well, faces the exact same charges of premining and other forms of bad-faith.  It has excelled regardless, now with a market cap of $45 million.

MEC has only very recently had its huge (200x) price increase. With an absence of any explanation of news that might have caused this, I find it concerning. It looks like a pump, in which case it will likely collapse to previous values and be among the masses once more.

If Litecoin has a glorious future so does its little sister Feathercoin.  Just as Litecoin is a backup for Bitcoin, Feathercoin provides Litecoin with hot swappable redundancy.

I just checked which cryptocoin clients I have installed. Only BTC, LTC and FTC. When I first jumped in, I absolutely agreed with you. Also, a more business-like approach to a coin is not in itself necessarily a negative; just innovation.

I would like there to be more transparency over FTC's activities though. Regardless, based on your eloquent argument I therefore hereby retract the blanket ban and will allow FTC to be judged on its merits.

As Ciphertrade's large marking budget attests, there's nothing wrong with commercial backing.  Play time is over; the adults are arriving.

Megacoin's success springs from the same factors lifting Feathercoin: attention to translations, services, community, ease-of-use, aesthetics, and yes, marketing.

So there is real backing behind MEC? That changes my view since it ticks the #2 requirement. I'd like to understand more about it though since, like FTC, I don't think there is room for another LTC-based/pure scrypt coin.

If Feathercoin is PNG at Ciphertrade, Megacoin must be for the exact same #REASONS.

And so my vote changes to Quarkcoin, in order to sidestep this rabbit hole for the time being.

Hah! Smiley Well that's +1 for Quark, bringing it to 3. FTC to 2 and MEC to 1. I'll edit the OP with some stats

All hail Queen CipherKate of Bitopia!   Cool

/em smiles benevolently at her wards and subjects
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Megacoin is one I'd like to understand more. It has outperformed all other coins in terms of value this week (a 200x increase). But why? What is special about it?
Nothing. The recent price rise is caused by uniformed Chinese investors who are throwing money at things without doing their proper research. The fundamentals of megacoin are horrible.

http://cryptolife.net/in-depth-altcoin-analysis-megacoin

The Kim Dotcom style branding and resulting hype make it special.  Strong Chinese language support, slick graphics, and a pretty GUI don't hurt either.

Regardless, Ciphertrade should be in the business of providing a level playing field for coins to compete on, not participate interfere in the game by declaring winners and losers.

On that note, I'd like to thank all the investors (Chinese or not) who gave me the chance to finally sell my Terracoins, Ixcoins, and Freicoins at nice profit margins.   Cool
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I'm very bullish on Quark, for a number of reasons. If you ignore coinmarketcap.com, which hasn't updated a number of coins today, Quark currently has a market capitalization of around ~80 million, bringing it into fourth place.

It looks like a junk coin because of the number of units in circulation, but I consider this to be an advantage because it's much more fungible than BTC or LTC. There's a lot of hot air being made about the 'hold vs. spend' paradox of BTC as money, and I believe the distribution of Quark solves this for quotidien transactions. Further, it has a .5% inflation rate, meaning a set 1 million Quarks mined per year; this to me encourages circulation.

I'll copy what I posted in another thread:

The top ten cryptos by market cap. are BTC (SHA256) LTC (Scrypt) Peercoin (SHA256) Quark (6-Factor) Namecoin (SHA256) Megacoin (Scrypt) Feathercoin (Scrypt) Primecoin (SHA256) Protoshares (POW) Worldcoin (Scrypt).

I firmly believe that the most secure top-runners should have difference hashing algorithms to prevent market panic if crypto flaws are found. Imagine if we received a Snowden/Greenwald expose that indicated that SHA had been compromised by either a private or national entity; consider the market panic that would ensue in that case. BTC/LTC/Quark (I know, I know, as Max Keiser says) makes sense to me. They each use different hashing algorithms and could, in theory, absorb market fluctuations from each other in the case of attack.

Protoshares has a very interesting ASIC resistant algorithm, but they aren't at all meant to be used in a currency context; much like namecoin, they have a specific niche that they fill.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Megacoin is one I'd like to understand more. It has outperformed all other coins in terms of value this week (a 200x increase). But why? What is special about it?
Nothing. The recent price rise is caused by uniformed Chinese investors who are throwing money at things without doing their proper research. The fundamentals of megacoin are horrible.

http://cryptolife.net/in-depth-altcoin-analysis-megacoin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I'm afraid we have agreed to have a blanket ban on Feathercoin. Our advisory board does not believe it has a future. It is clearly a commercially-backed coin, not a product of the open source community. The strength of the order books are definitely artificial - they are too regular and too big. Also, there are many shills out there from what I can tell. Just hang out in the BTC-E Trollbox for a bit!

I had not looked at Quark before. I thought it was just another scum coin. That looks very interesting indeed. A coin with a USP focused on security is definitely a niche. Of course there's the likes of Cryptogenic Bullion which strive to be extra-secure, but I don't think they have actually made any differences to the base scrypt coin other than increase the confirmations requirements.

Kate.

Pecunia non olet, your Majesty.

I advise your advisory board to be more agnostic and less judgmental, instead letting the market decide desirability of and assign legitimacy to coins.

4,500 BTC worth of Feathercoin changed hands today.  Why let BTC-E alone reap those trading fees?  Because of the 'ZOMG PUMP&DUMP SCAMCOIN' FUD common to all altcoins?  That harms my interest as a shareholder and I object.

Megacoin, despite being open-source as well, faces the exact same charges of premining and other forms of bad-faith.  It has excelled regardless, now with a market cap of $45 million.

If Litecoin has a glorious future so does its little sister Feathercoin.  Just as Litecoin is a backup for Bitcoin, Feathercoin provides Litecoin with hot swappable redundancy.

As Ciphertrade's large marking budget attests, there's nothing wrong with commercial backing.  Play time is over; the adults are arriving.

Megacoin's success springs from the same factors lifting Feathercoin: attention to translations, services, community, ease-of-use, aesthetics, and yes, marketing.

If Feathercoin is PNG at Ciphertrade, Megacoin must be for the exact same #REASONS.

And so my vote changes to Quarkcoin, in order to sidestep this rabbit hole for the time being.

All hail Queen CipherKate of Bitopia!   Cool
Activity: 448
Id vote for NVC, FTC (yea i saw you were advised not to bother but think it has more momentum than others) then maybe TRC or Devcoin...
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Watch out for "3. A strong ecosystem of users and developers supporting it." that can change at the drop of a hat.
Activity: 476
Please can we get back to the topic? We genuinely want to include the community in the appropriate elements of the decision making for CipherTrade.

Don't you have an advisory board for that? The same advisory board that thinks of feathercoin as "a commercially-backed coin, not a product of the open source community" while at the same time considering megacoin as a candidate  Roll Eyes
The top ICT in Britain uses "shill" and "troll"? Really? Respect decrease incoming...

What's wrong with an ICT entrepreneur using colloquial language? I am of the net generation. I have spent years in MMO's, chats etc. "Troll" is a clearly defined term.

As for "Shill", from the OED:

noun
noun: shill; plural noun: shills
1.  an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club"

Please can we get back to the topic? We genuinely want to include the community in the appropriate elements of the decision making for CipherTrade.

Kate.
Activity: 280
V for Victory or Rather JustV8
Feathercoin, Megacoin, and Quarkcoin are all in the top 10 by market cap and worth of inclusion.

Of those, priority should be given to Feathercoin as it has the most active community and well developed user base, plus much higher trading volume than the other two.

I'm afraid we have agreed to have a blanket ban on Feathercoin. Our advisory board does not believe it has a future. It is clearly a commercially-backed coin, not a product of the open source community. The strength of the order books are definitely artificial - they are too regular and too big. Also, there are many shills out there from what I can tell. Just hang out in the BTC-E Trollbox for a bit!

I had not looked at Quark before. I thought it was just another scum coin. That looks very interesting indeed. A coin with a USP focused on security is definitely a niche. Of course there's the likes of Cryptogenic Bullion which strive to be extra-secure, but I don't think they have actually made any differences to the base scrypt coin other than increase the confirmations requirements.

Kate.

The top ICT in Britain uses "shill" and "troll"? Really? Respect decrease incoming...
  • Kate (me, one of Britain's top ICT entrepreneurs)

You like to talk big about yourself don't you  Tongue

Yep. I'm a classic narcissist in all ways. Vanity is perhaps my single biggest flaw! :/

Kate.

PS. I'm an awesome, unique genius. Deal with it. Wink
Feathercoin, Megacoin, and Quarkcoin are all in the top 10 by market cap and worth of inclusion.

Of those, priority should be given to Feathercoin as it has the most active community and well developed user base, plus much higher trading volume than the other two.

Kate.
Pages:
Jump to: