Pages:
Author

Topic: Helping a Beginner - page 4. (Read 830 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 101
January 27, 2018, 07:51:46 PM
Someone I know wants to meet with me to talk about BTC and crypto.
want to get into it.
What would you recommend be the step 1? for them to approach?

A good initiative here. Well, I did taught some people a while ago and it has been nice too. But I started with getting details of what they knew before I started teaching what I knew.. I did say it will be nice if they can start schooling on this platform too.
Activity: 630
Merit: 130
January 27, 2018, 07:46:01 PM
want to get into it.

Try to be more specific. If you are going to introduce BTC and crypto, then say facts about it like it is decentralized and extremely volatile.
There are many ways to have cryptos especially BTC because it's more mainstream than other coins.
How to get him in ? Suggest ways to buy, exchange or earn.
If you will be introducing websites or forums remind him or her that there rules to be followed and it becomes stricter time to time.
Activity: 299
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 07:12:32 PM
I think that the best way to introduce newcomers to bitcoin is to tell him what bitcoin has on other fiat currencies and first introduce what bitcoin is and what Pak Bose Nakamoto means why bitcoin is made.The importance of bitcoin and crytpocurrency to people around the world and what is its market value in the world and teach them how to make a wallet and what is it for? tell them how to receive and send tokens or bitcoins.
Activity: 406
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 27, 2018, 07:10:30 PM
When you first start investing in the cryptocurrency and bitcoin markets, the first thing I would recommend is to invest yourself some time to research and capture the basics of the market for you. Get the most out of it. Once you have a basic knowledge, you should only invest a small amount of capital to gain experience, after you have truly grasp the dynamics of bitcoin and cryptocurrency, then think of investing a lot than. Do not be greedy and invest all that you have.
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
January 27, 2018, 07:10:12 PM
I would recommend showing some sites like bitcoin.org or similar, shoe them these fourms because any problem can be solved and every question can be answered here. You should explain how to set up the wallet and explain how the price works. Then after the explanation, show some good sites for buying Bitcoin and show some methods for earning Bitcoins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
January 27, 2018, 07:07:36 PM
because the crypto world has great risks, so I think you should explain to him about the basic theory of the crypto and bitcoin worlds, because a beginner needs a theory before they trade, invest, or join bitcointalk, and this will help him to move slowly .
after you explain the theory to him, I think you can directly practice.
Activity: 294
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 06:58:38 PM
as a beginner the first thing you need is a little research about the bitcoin, what does it do?, what is it all about?, how the you maintain your wallet. and second by joining this forum will enhance your intellectual ability on how to post, the way to compose your post.  thirdly before going to Bounty you need to read and understand their rules to know if you meet to their requirement.     
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
January 27, 2018, 06:56:46 PM
I think that the best way to introduce a newcomer to bitcoin will be to tell him what are the advantages of bitcoin against other fiat currencies, and to give him a small amount of bitcoin so he can buy something/ use it.
There is no better way of learning the system then actually using the system.

Let him send some coins, and then explain him that if he was doing the same transactions through his regular bank account it would be arrive in 2-3 days instead of few minutes, and it would have cost him much more then he paid for the bitcoin transaction.

If I will help the begginers, I will them first read more about bitcoin. They must need to gather more information or data for them to know bitcoin more. They must need to know what is really the purpose on having bitcoin and how did this begin. And it is really my pleasure to help beginners. I really do love to help them if ever they want to learn.

Well said, Me too. I will also try to say that He/she must read first what is Bitcoin, What are the characteristics of Bitcoin, What is cryptocurrency, etc. I wlll te him/her that she/he must use the search bar or search engine in able for him/her to gather information about crypto. After that, I will explain deeper how money works in the world of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
January 27, 2018, 06:34:32 PM
I think that the best way to introduce a newcomer to bitcoin will be to tell him what are the advantages of bitcoin against other fiat currencies, and to give him a small amount of bitcoin so he can buy something/ use it.
There is no better way of learning the system then actually using the system.

Let him send some coins, and then explain him that if he was doing the same transactions through his regular bank account it would be arrive in 2-3 days instead of few minutes, and it would have cost him much more then he paid for the bitcoin transaction.

If I will help the begginers, I will them first read more about bitcoin. They must need to gather more information or data for them to know bitcoin more. They must need to know what is really the purpose on having bitcoin and how did this begin. And it is really my pleasure to help beginners. I really do love to help them if ever they want to learn.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
January 27, 2018, 05:46:10 PM
I think the best way is to tell them first how crypto begin and what's its purpose of making it. Next, tell him/her that the thing that makes bitcoin possible is because of blockchain technology then try to explain what is blockchain. Then tell him that bitcoin is not a loner and it has more but different cryptos out there in the blockchain. And I think what last to tell him/her is on how to earn some bitcoin and what are the needed things to have to get it.

Yes, I agree on you. They must read more more first about bitcoin. They must need gather many information or data for them to know more about this. They must need to know what is really the purpose having bitcoin and how do this begin and it is really my pleasure to help them to know this. Begginers must need to read more and must know what is the blockchain. After they already know this, must tell them on how to earn using a bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 27, 2018, 05:27:30 PM
Firt, I would tell him that playing with Cryptos is a bit like gambling and that he should be aware of the risks. He should only invest what he can afford to lose. And before spending a dime, he should really investigate which coins are worth to buy. Also, I would mention that hodling is at least as profitable as trading but it is much easier to handle. All you need for hodl is patience.  Wink

Also, I think he should become a member of this forum and read as much as possible to become a "feeling" for the cryto sphere.
Even though Bitcoins is one way to get rich,I think we should make sure that we tell those who are interested in investing in it that there are indeed some risks involved it t as well so that at the long run, no one is going to blame you for their losses because you convinced them to invest in the first place.
Activity: 660
Merit: 250
January 27, 2018, 04:01:52 PM
Helping a friends/beginners is good. Just let them know the meaning of bitcoin and how risky in it if they invest there money. Just give them 50% of your information but tell them to reaserach very well because google is going to help them just like us when we're newbies.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
January 27, 2018, 04:00:28 PM
i think nothing much, the only thing there is that you have to download the BTC whitepaper, also go for an additional research.
that's all.
Activity: 210
January 27, 2018, 03:53:41 PM
I would gladly help a beginner if it is needed especially since I am from the beginning of work with the team then if I needed I would run it and hopefully what I do is beneficial for the beginner Wink
Activity: 332
Merit: 103
January 27, 2018, 03:48:40 PM
want to get into it.
First tell them about all advantage /disadvantage about bitcoin / crypto what you know . Then search a blog or youtube channel with your local language which provides good news ,idea , up to date news , about crypto. And show them your btc investment history , And tell them before invest in btc learn more about it, because if anybody who has no patient and is a emotional person , always surface a mental concern after investment. so it should tell them to invest in their own risk.

I agree. The best way to show people something is by example and actual facts. Show them bitcoin in action perhaps get them to sit next to you while you make a bitcoin transaction to purchase something so they can see the real world application. The graphs and things will just add to it.
THough some people are ignorant and you can't really get through to them so people like that I would just ignore.
Activity: 98
January 27, 2018, 03:43:03 PM
want to get into it.

yes first try we know what it is btc and crypto we explain, because understand about btc and kripto it is not easy, it takes a very long time, I am also a beginner but my dear, I want to understand what is btc what is kripto
Activity: 110
Merit: 5
January 27, 2018, 03:33:49 PM
Helping a beginner is a very good thing. But first of all, people come to the crypto market without knowing this. First help or step 1 should be, give them the advice to learn something about crypto. At least what are the pros and cons of the crypto market, each and every newbie should understand that. After knowing about the crypto market if they decided to take part, then we can give them other advice.
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
January 27, 2018, 03:32:32 PM
want to get into it.

It all depends on their interest, from which side they assess bitcoin.

Firt, I would tell him that playing with Cryptos is a bit like gambling and that he should be aware of the risks. He should only invest what he can afford to lose. And before spending a dime, he should really investigate which coins are worth to buy. Also, I would mention that hodling is at least as profitable as trading but it is much easier to handle. All you need for hodl is patience.  Wink

Also, I think he should become a member of this forum and read as much as possible to become a "feeling" for the cryto sphere.

Crypto is nothing like gambling, a crypto is just a tool or medium you can buy or sell, whereas similar to gambling is an investment business, and in its scheme the investment business is very similar to a gambling called a roulette.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
January 27, 2018, 03:28:36 PM
There is no step one when someone is asking you about Bitcoin - you need to be knowledgeable to the point of being able to answer all newbie questions.
You can't prepare a plan of the conversation - what if someone asks you about random stuff you have no idea about?
I am not saying that you need to be master of blockchain or know all technical stuff  - just don't be a knob.
Forget about youtube - there is a lot of idiots or newbies there trying to force their opinions on others. Just learn the facts: bitcoin wiki, bitcoin.org, BIPs etc.
Activity: 90
January 27, 2018, 03:20:59 PM
No matter what have a good hardware ledger. It's the only way you can be secure.
Pages:
Jump to: