Pages:
Author

Topic: Helping a Beginner - page 6. (Read 835 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
January 27, 2018, 08:29:21 AM
Becoming a cryptocurrency trader does not require you years of time to learn how to be in this field, you should encourage him by teaching basic steps like how to buy and what aspects to consider while trading. By giving him article referances would be better for his understanding, also you should mention risk of loss, holding long term will obviously profit him as bitcoin is expected to increase upto $50000

First you must be knowledgeable about the meaning and function of cryptocurrency because if you are not confident to do this you might give the wrong information that can cause misleading information which leads to fear of investing. Its ok to share and help your friends here but please, do your very best so we can prevent people from thinking about bitcoin is a scam.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
January 27, 2018, 08:25:56 AM
You should search it on youtube.
Alot of videos give clear info

Errr, No?

1. Read and understand the Bitcoin White Paper: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
2. Anything else

I'm sure your answer is up to the mark but I don't think as new comer he doesn't know what a "white paper" is! Oh let me guess now he needs know what white paper is first and then he can start reading it. ;-)

To OP,  you can start working with the forum itself and you will see many generous topics created for the newbie like you. It's a vast world and just reading white paper wont help. Realistically you have to know things which are out of the whitepaper because many things have changed since that!

Just go through the simple reasons first , may be few steemit blogs, forum guidelines itself and many topics discussion that are specifically made over the bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
January 27, 2018, 08:17:54 AM
You want to help a beginner? If I have a friend that wants to know everything about crypto, my step 1 is to create an account here and let him/her learn with the help of this forum. Most if not all of the information relating to bitcoin. Even its for newbies or for a professional, you can read it here. I don't want to tutor my friend because me, myself is at the learning stage at this moment. Its better that my friend will try to learn himself/herself.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back
January 27, 2018, 08:14:06 AM
Someone I know wants to meet with me to talk about BTC and crypto.
want to get into it.
What would you recommend be the step 1? for them to approach?

First of all, i would like to give him detail intro about the bitcoin and what its power and how it can change his life so that he feels confident and his mind starts working and he starts getting interested about the bitcoin. Then I would refer him the idea of investing and trading using the bitcoin and how he can slowly make a good fortune either by investing on a long-term scale once in every few months or by trading on short-term basis according to weekly or monthly time-frame. Then I would also guide him about the small and valuable crypto coins which are trading below10$ where the money invested as early as possible have the potential to give them returns of almost 50x to 100x time the capital invested.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
January 27, 2018, 07:47:54 AM

I would suggest that as a beginner, you need to do some research about bitcoin. Need to understand the basics of bitcoin and how it works to be able to gain more knowledge about it before engaging into an activity where you are not yet familiar. Also, by joining into this forum will give him better understanding as this have many topics that might be of help for a beginner by reading the comments of the members of this great forum.

Nice subject which is good it has brought up into this forum. First, I must say that as a beginner it is really a difficult time to understand immediately about bitcoin as this is experienced by all of us in this forum who had undergone this kind of situation. If you have a friend that is already familiar about bitcoin, then it could be better to seek advise from them and help will follow later. Next thing is do some personal research on the internet, lets say google or youtube which is also the best source of information that can help you understand more about bitcoin and how will it works for you.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
January 27, 2018, 07:29:15 AM
Becoming a cryptocurrency trader does not require you years of time to learn how to be in this field, you should encourage him by teaching basic steps like how to buy and what aspects to consider while trading. By giving him article referances would be better for his understanding, also you should mention risk of loss, holding long term will obviously profit him as bitcoin is expected to increase upto $50000
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
January 27, 2018, 07:21:35 AM
want to get into it.

It's best to help bitcoin beginners. We will help them with the correct way to use bitcoin. Let us not laugh at or ignore them if they are not wise. It is better if we help them as well as for their good. It's happier if someone new learners come to you. Let's teach them so they can not fool or scammer them. That's because the scammers target those who have no knowledge of bitcoin.
Activity: 70
Merit: 5
January 27, 2018, 07:17:53 AM
just watch all videos by andreas antonopoulos
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 07:15:01 AM
want to get into it.

I think, he/she should first be oriented that bitcoin is a game of patience. He will or she will eventually get the jist of it on the run.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 07:12:30 AM
Just ignore him, I stopped doing that, people just want free information and use your brain for nothing. Don't allow the do that.
Activity: 448
January 27, 2018, 07:02:24 AM

I would suggest that as a beginner, you need to do some research about bitcoin. Need to understand the basics of bitcoin and how it works to be able to gain more knowledge about it before engaging into an activity where you are not yet familiar. Also, by joining into this forum will give him better understanding as this have many topics that might be of help for a beginner by reading the comments of the members of this great forum.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
January 27, 2018, 06:56:11 AM

Errr, No?

2. Anything else
Activity: 182
January 27, 2018, 06:50:12 AM
Activity: 2912
Merit: 629
January 27, 2018, 06:42:43 AM
If I were to introduce bitcoin to a newcomer I will provide videos from youtube that can back up and explain the purpose and uses of bitcoin. Then I will explain further the things to consider, the advantage and disadvantages if the particular person decided to enter the world of crypto.

I think its not really hard to explain bitcoin to someone that has a knowledge in new technology. People are exposed to internet so its an advantage for them to understand bitcoin easily.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
January 27, 2018, 06:27:22 AM
want to get into it.

2. Anything else
Activity: 7
January 27, 2018, 06:23:02 AM
I will introduce them about
- Technology creates Bitcoin
- Applications from these technologies
Prices of Bitcoin and Altcoins from the beginning to today
- How to get Bitcoin or Altcoins.
From which will they understand and decide whether to invest? And invest in Bitcoin or Altcoins?
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
January 27, 2018, 06:19:40 AM
I think the best way is to tell them first how crypto begin and what's its purpose of making it. Next, tell him/her that the thing that makes bitcoin possible is because of blockchain technology then try to explain what is blockchain. Then tell him that bitcoin is not a loner and it has more but different cryptos out there in the blockchain. And I think what last to tell him/her is on how to earn some bitcoin and what are the needed things to have to get it.
Activity: 574
January 27, 2018, 06:09:07 AM
For me very happy, with those who do not yet understand about  crypto money. For me they will benefit greatly, because they want many ways and insight on how good way to get crypto to us. So with a little time we give them a boost they can finally understand it a bit, time for them.
Activity: 196
January 27, 2018, 06:05:17 AM
First would be to warn them that, as this can be a quick way to earn money, it is not that easy. There will be huge risks to his money. Or even if he worked for it. Money will take (a long) time and it is not constant like a 9-5 job. But the pay-off can be huge.
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
January 27, 2018, 06:03:51 AM
want to get into it.

You can just redirect them to youtube for some good videos, also give him the important sites in crypto,like cointalegraph, ico bench, coin market cap. some good exchanges and so on. After all everyone should do their own due dilligence.
Pages:
Jump to: