Pages:
Author

Topic: Helping a Beginner - page 5. (Read 830 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 27, 2018, 03:05:56 PM
Show him or her how to send it to an address and receive it as well, that step can be frustrating and a barrier to new users. Also help them set up a cold wallet so they know how to safely store bitcoin and not keep it in an exchange.
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
January 27, 2018, 02:46:21 PM
You should tell him the advantage and disadvantages of bitcoin then what are the ways to earn bitcoin and how to do it. Like trading, mining, joining signature campaigns and maybe gambling too if he is fond of playing gamble. Then you can starts to tell him the altcoins, ICO, airdrop, bounty campaigns, well it is different than bitcoin but you can just tell him what is altcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
January 27, 2018, 02:38:16 PM
Someone I know wants to meet with me to talk about BTC and crypto.
want to get into it.
What would you recommend be the step 1? for them to approach?
We should first explain the Aspects and Techniques of Bitcoin itself to people who want to join Bitcoin, then explain also that for beginners there is not much to do especially to get Bitcoin. What a novice should do is how to improve the account's ranking, by making a lot of constructive writing on the forum provided by Bitcoin's moderators. Good luck.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
January 27, 2018, 02:31:14 PM
First, you need to tell him everything about crypto, the meaning, what it is, how it works, and everything that can make him get the idea about crypto so he won't be clueless later.
After that, ask him to make an bitcointalk account and start browsing here. That way, he will learn many other things that you may not explain.
Having an account also can help him if he's going to earn bitcoin here, like joining the campaigns and such. So he can feel the benefit and doesn't regret joining this crypto world.
Activity: 336
Merit: 253
January 27, 2018, 02:23:50 PM
yes really broo we introduce via Blog or youtube it will make it easier for beginners to know Bitcoin and crypto,
But not enough with that they also have to know the risks, and when they will be involved in Bitcoin and their mental crypto must also be strong.
because they will get a lot of money. Grin Grin
Activity: 154
January 27, 2018, 02:23:09 PM
Step 1: Learn everything you can about bitcoin, how it works, advatages and disadavatages, make sure you know where is to keep and how to use bitcoin and then you can start making money.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
January 27, 2018, 02:21:28 PM
Just start by telling the person that bitcoin is just like our fiat currency i.e it is a currency but it is a digital currency. Tell the person the major ideology behind the invention of bitcoin which is making financial transaction decentralize and also fast transaction across border with open legder.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
January 27, 2018, 02:14:27 PM
I think you should surely focus on the utility part of it instead of focusing on the speculation part. Bitcoin is a part of wild cryptocurrency market and the movements on the price chart are almost impossible to predict. While focusing on the utility part, help him to understand the difference between traditional centralised system and innovative decentralized system. Do not force him to invest in Bitcoin but make sure that you are covering every aspect in easy to understand language.
Activity: 633
Merit: 14
January 27, 2018, 01:39:46 PM
Firt, I would tell him that playing with Cryptos is a bit like gambling and that he should be aware of the risks. He should only invest what he can afford to lose. And before spending a dime, he should really investigate which coins are worth to buy. Also, I would mention that hodling is at least as profitable as trading but it is much easier to handle. All you need for hodl is patience.  Wink

Also, I think he should become a member of this forum and read as much as possible to become a "feeling" for the cryto sphere.
If with the risk I really agree with you but if the world of crypto equated with gambling I do not agree.
Because investing, trading, not only requires luck but requires expertise to analyze as well.

want to get into it.
First is to find out as much information as possible about the crypto, both understand it. and the third is up to what he will do.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
January 27, 2018, 01:28:07 PM
I am very happy because I can help some of my close friends and they have a passion for learning, and until now our beginner team has started to grow and they are very enthusiastic.
If this goes well then the development of bitcoin will run smoothly in its development and I will always help as much as possible for beginners.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
January 27, 2018, 01:10:00 PM
Diversify Effectively.Over the last several years, Bitcoin has produced some very impressive gains, and media outlets have developed a steady stream of stories about "Bitcoin millionaires."While these stories might tempt an investor to put all their money in Bitcoin, keep in mind that no investment professional would advise an individual to put all their eggs in one basket.When creating a diversified portfolio, investors could consider altcoins, more traditional assets such as stocks and bonds, or both.The basic idea behind diversification is creating a portfolio where a decline in one component will correspond with an equal gain in another.
For example, let's say an investor has a simple portfolio, consisting of equal amounts of Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, Ripple and Bitcoin Cash.If one digital currency falls 10%, then ideally, another digital asset will rise by the same amount.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
January 27, 2018, 01:07:02 PM
want to get into it.
First tell them about all advantage /disadvantage about bitcoin / crypto what you know . Then search a blog or youtube channel with your local language which provides good news ,idea , up to date news , about crypto. And show them your btc investment history , And tell them before invest in btc learn more about it, because if anybody who has no patient and is a emotional person , always will suffer a mental concern after investment. so it should tell them to invest in their own risk.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
January 27, 2018, 01:00:05 PM
want to get into it.

Give him bitcointalk link for beginners thread Smiley Overall, it depends on his goals - initially you need to identify his goals: be trader/holder or may be bounty hunter. You can tell him about these ways to earn money with criptocurrency. Then he can decide what will be better for him.

I agree with that. You have to know why he wants to know the world of bitcoin and what he already knows. From there you will know the right approach in introducing him to the world of cryptocurrency. If he is a tech savvy, that would be an advantage. You can teach him the technology of bitcoin and how the system works. Letting him read through this forum will also definitely be helpful as this is also the place where I personally started.
There are many news portals and articles that discuss about bitcoin. I think it's not hard to learn bitcoin and altcoin from google. But indeed the most effective and informative is to learn from this forum.
Basically, the main thing to do is to build a basic knowledge of cryptocurrency with a lot of reading.
Activity: 812
January 27, 2018, 12:53:52 PM
want to get into it.

Give him bitcointalk link for beginners thread Smiley Overall, it depends on his goals - initially you need to identify his goals: be trader/holder or may be bounty hunter. You can tell him about these ways to earn money with criptocurrency. Then he can decide what will be better for him.

I agree with that. You have to know why he wants to know the world of bitcoin and what he already knows. From there you will know the right approach in introducing him to the world of cryptocurrency. If he is a tech savvy, that would be an advantage. You can teach him the technology of bitcoin and how the system works. Letting him read through this forum will also definitely be helpful as this is also the place where I personally started.
Activity: 658
January 27, 2018, 09:25:24 AM
want to get into it.

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
January 27, 2018, 09:14:20 AM
want to get into it.

First, I would explain that engaging to BTC needs a lot of patience. If you aren't patient enough, then it's not gonna work.

Second, teach them one by one what are the rules. What they must do and don't.

Third, don't rush. It takes time to earn profit. You must not rush everything or else it's going to be over for you and your understanding.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 09:08:35 AM
First for the beginner you should participate in bitcoin talk forum you read the topic that you want to answer make sure you understand the question about it and then reply you need to research about bitcoin its helpfull you to understand and know whats important about bitcoin
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 08:53:33 AM
want to get into it.
it is too hard to encourage a beginner to join bitcoin but if you will explain to them slowly how bitcoin is great and how bitcoin can help them in a right way then that's the time they know what is the important of bitcoin.but if the beginner is really interested in what you are doing then suddenly they knew it for good.
Activity: 3
January 27, 2018, 08:38:14 AM
want to get into it.

You start from the introduction of what bitcoin and blockchain technology is all about. Let him understand the decentralized and anonymous nature of Bitcoin. The relationship between the bitcoin and altcoin.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
January 27, 2018, 08:31:11 AM
You should search it on youtube.
Alot of videos give clear info

Errr, No?

1. Read and understand the Bitcoin White Paper: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
2. Anything else

I'm sure your answer is up to the mark but I don't think as new comer he doesn't know what a "white paper" is! Oh let me guess now he needs know what white paper is first and then he can start reading it. ;-)

As long as he can read, it will be possible for him to get the information out of this pdf - even without the knowledge about what a white paper actually is.
Pages:
Jump to: