Pages:
Author

Topic: High discount in presale - page 4. (Read 1264 times)

Activity: 778
Merit: 100
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
July 03, 2021, 01:09:35 AM
75% discount on the initial purchase is indeed a hefty percentage and if without careful calculation and planning from the development team it will only cause a dump after distribution, maybe one way that developers can take is to limit the maximum number of sales per person, at least if it is. dump occurs can be slowed down
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
June 30, 2021, 07:33:37 PM
Presale is where most investors earn more money since they get more coins at cheaper price. There are times that there are only limited presale investors to give priority to those who will adapt the project early stage. It can be risky but it is rewarding if you are a presale investor of big projects nowadays.
Activity: 464
Merit: 10
June 30, 2021, 06:40:17 PM
Of course that's too high because when the tokens have started to be traded it will immediately experience a dump unless the distribution is done in stages then the 75% bonus probably won't be a big problem
dev team will have tecnique to prevent token dump with huge discount given to investors. Token vesting for several months could be solution , so investors only have few token that distributed  monthly , and they have no chance to sell token at once. beside of this, dev team could set personal cap to avoid whales that will controll price.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 255
June 30, 2021, 06:27:28 PM
Of course that's too high because when the tokens have started to be traded it will immediately experience a dump unless the distribution is done in stages then the 75% bonus probably won't be a big problem
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
June 30, 2021, 05:41:39 PM
Is 75% discount in presale of a project way too high? What do you think will happen to such project giving away too high discount for a presale? Will this cos huge dump or you've seen projects that survives after such massive discount

UPDATE

I meant 75% not $, that was a mistake and thanks for understanding
High discounts on presale aren't bad as far I know, cause they are normally given to the first investors who trust in the project when everyone doubted, giving the investors a 75% discount is just a way of saying "thank you for believing in us", high discount presales aren't that bad as long as the team behind the project are dedicated towards making the project a success,not those scammers who give high discount in order to lure investors and steal their money.
this is developers team strategy to attract investors in their token sale. with huge discount, investors will bigger opportunity to earn profits after traded in market. It will need special amount USD to get special discount , usually dev team also make maximal allocation for each investors or we called it max cap for each person to avoid whales speculation.
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
June 30, 2021, 05:07:35 PM
huge discount didnt guarantee we will earn profits after listing, if investors dumped their discount in market and make another holder panic , suffering loss will be easy for us. Just look at Merlin Labs case, they offer high APY for staking, and now unfortunately ceasing operation or we call it rugpull. Any offering with huge discount should compare again with its quality, is it have good product or usecase that will be usefull in crypto market or not.
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
June 30, 2021, 04:22:22 PM
Is 75% discount in presale of a project way too high? What do you think will happen to such project giving away too high discount for a presale? Will this cos huge dump or you've seen projects that survives after such massive discount

UPDATE

I met projects that gave such a discount. The main thing is that the project is really useful for users. For example, there is such a Finxflo project, it sold its tokens at a low price at an early stage and when it went public it cost much more than 75% than the initial price. And my friend made great money investing in this platform. This is just one example. With the right investment, that is, in-depth analysis, you can make good money.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
June 30, 2021, 03:57:04 PM
I think if a project gives a discount it has been planned by the team and they have thought it through carefully. where during the presale they try to attract investors to join the project by giving discounts like that. If the team that handles it is professional and mature, of course they have thought about it carefully and made this an event to attract investors so that the project is successful. so for investors it is very important to join a project that does have a good team and good prospects in the future.
it is part of a marketing strategy. a new project must have difficulty attracting market interest that is why there is a discount for early adopters, it is a form of gratitude for choosing and believing in the project.
Discounts in coin or token sales are common, if the project is of high quality it will be very easy to achieve success and bring a lot of profit to investors. Of course this is very dependent on market trends.
Activity: 672
June 29, 2021, 01:53:07 PM
I think if a project gives a discount it has been planned by the team and they have thought it through carefully. where during the presale they try to attract investors to join the project by giving discounts like that. If the team that handles it is professional and mature, of course they have thought about it carefully and made this an event to attract investors so that the project is successful. so for investors it is very important to join a project that does have a good team and good prospects in the future.

But we also have to research whether the nominal discount offered is reasonable or not, because sometimes we are too lustful and tempted by the big discounts offered, rather than we suffer losses due to our own negligence, it would be better if we examine first whether the discount offered is reasonable or not.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
June 29, 2021, 10:57:28 AM

UPDATE

We must analytic firstt, details of the project is the most important thing, when ICO many projects offer huge discounts up to 100% or more, it is difficult to guess whether the project is real or a scam because I ever invest about $150 and got 125% discount and it was proven not to be a scam.
Activity: 753
Merit: 15
mulierum.com
June 28, 2021, 03:27:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 28, 2021, 03:14:12 AM
75% discount to buy on presale ?
I think it's clearly just a sales strategy, they will make profit from all sale, in the presale to onsale. It is their responsibility for the company, to provide profit all time, also they owe the profit to investors.

Discounts that are too big can backfire on the project itself. however, I've seen enough projects that the price dump is very hard, and it's difficult to move up because it gives too big a discount. Besides that, for presale, maybe 75% is really big, but I think there needs to be a limit for that so that when the project is running, the price doesn't dump so hard.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
June 28, 2021, 02:02:20 AM
Not advisable to invest in a project that gives up to 70% because there is a big chance that the project will fail later on, many project did this year's ago and their tokens dump in just few weeks, sometimes to keep a token value the price at ICO or IEO must be norm.
TWW
Activity: 1456
Merit: 109
June 28, 2021, 01:26:08 AM
by looking at the number of bonuses given on the pre-sale it was clear that it didn't make sense for the future of a project.
What is certain is that the sale will be owned by the internal team only. and they will announce that the sale was a success. it is to attract investors on the next sale.
that way when they are on the market, very quickly the price will be crushed. they can earn multiple times when they earn money from their pre-sale and main sale. then they release their tokens quickly when trading opens.
I would strongly believe it's best to avoid such projects.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 108
June 27, 2021, 11:02:27 AM
75% discount to buy on presale ?
I think it's clearly just a sales strategy, they will make profit from all sale, in the presale to onsale. It is their responsibility for the company, to provide profit all time, also they owe the profit to investors.
Activity: 866
June 22, 2021, 06:37:55 PM
high discount as such is way too high looking at the trend of things. it will definitely have effect on the price performance of the token. one way to lower the effect is to cap the contribution amount per individual but giving a high discount as this will mean capping will be difficult because its all for the money.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
June 22, 2021, 05:19:19 PM
Just do your research. It is possible to earn money even on scam coins, but obviously very very risky.
For now it's better to stay away from any coin that has a big risk, because in a market condition that is being corrected very deeply, the potential for loss is greater than profit, so it is worth leaving the unlucky coin to stay safe from losses.

Until the bitcoin price starts its bull run, refrain from investing in new projects. Yesterday, the TGE of the PolyPad project was held, and as a result, investors who bought coins at an early stage with a discount received -50% of the purchase price. Accordingly, those who bought coins on the public round received an even greater loss.
That proves that high discount during presale does not guarantee a profit to the early investors, if they succeed, they'll get more reward, if the project failed they'll take bigger loses, that's just normal in the game, it's a high-risk, high-reward kind of game.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
June 22, 2021, 04:32:31 PM
Just do your research. It is possible to earn money even on scam coins, but obviously very very risky.
For now it's better to stay away from any coin that has a big risk, because in a market condition that is being corrected very deeply, the potential for loss is greater than profit, so it is worth leaving the unlucky coin to stay safe from losses.

Until the bitcoin price starts its bull run, refrain from investing in new projects. Yesterday, the TGE of the PolyPad project was held, and as a result, investors who bought coins at an early stage with a discount received -50% of the purchase price. Accordingly, those who bought coins on the public round received an even greater loss.
Activity: 631
Merit: 253
June 22, 2021, 03:00:55 PM

UPDATE

Such a huge discount is already a red flag for me. But this doesn't mean it will stop me from looking into the use case of the project itself, the people on the developing team behind the project and the community it has currently. Another thing would be how the people of the developing team manage its community and how timely and transparent they are towards everything happening. If most of those are greatly fulfilled, then I do not see why such a discount would be a problem. Rather, it would be a huge plus for the project itself and would make me invest on it gladly.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
www.licx.io
June 22, 2021, 12:20:38 PM
Pages:
Jump to: